Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-31-2002, 11:04 AM   #1
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Tater
You girls are gonna go googley for Faramir, gonna be like Legolas all over again! Which is ok, cause we get Miranda Otto! Wowsa!
In our Tolkienite group at school, I have already proclaimed that David Wenham is mine, MINE I TELL YOU!

I saw a picture of him! *drool* He apparantely appears in Moulin Rouge but I can't see him in it ANYWHERE. Anyone seen him in it?

Oh, yeah and what is so special about Miranda Otto? I can see how you'd like Liv Tyler but Otto?

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 03:15 PM   #2
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Liv Tyler is just a slip of a girl. Miranda Otto is mature and sexy, obviously a thinking woman, and a woman who has a natural "presence" about her. Sort of a "je ne sais quoi" quality. But the lady is magnetic....
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 03:26 PM   #3
Rosie-Lass
Elven Warrior

Quote:
In our Tolkienite group at school, I have already proclaimed that David Wenham is mine, MINE I TELL YOU!
That is unfair. Sean Bean is dead and you go and take his brother. Anyway, you said you wanted the bloke who plays Celeborn. David Wenham's mine, I tell YOU, Strawberry, MINEY MINE!

He's like a younger Sean Bean, and that's fine by me! More attainable *drool, drool*.

I don't even see how you guys like Liv Tyler. I am more understanding about Miranda Otto. I have only seen one, v. pixellated pic of her and, to my reckoning, there is nothing wrong with her fringe, which is a GOOD thing.
Liv Tyler looked like a big red box with a stupid fringe at the premiere! If what you say about Miranda Otto is true, Bropous, then she is unlikely to have a silly fringe.

Thankyou for listening to my pointless rant, I am happy now.
Old 03-31-2002, 04:10 PM   #4
aldesign
Elven Warrior

Rosie lass

yes, we like Liv

but we dont see why u girls like Ugs Elijah
and Girly Orlando.

andy
aldesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 05:26 PM   #5
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

Rosielass! You sais along with everyone else that Wenham was not nice!! So don't try and steal my man that I have already bagged ok? I even know what films he's been in, where he was in the fellowship and been on a couple of his fansites. so .

And as for Mark Cosokas, no one else likes him so i figure i should and anyway, he's really cute! And anyway miss.Rosielass, YOU are the one that goes gaa gaa over the fictional character James Bond oh and wait, OBI WAN KENOBI oh and then there is always CHARLIE!!!

ahem.

I dont have it really big for either Orli or Lij cos i hate the way Lij smokes but Orli, he's kind of sensitive and modest. Plus, did you SEE him on Graham Norton???!!!

But anyway Wenham and Cosakas are my men. AND LET IT BE KNOWN THAT I WAS THEIR FIRST FAN ON THIS BOARD BEFORE ALL YOU SCREAMING GIRLS START WHEN THE FILM COMES OUT!

Old 03-31-2002, 06:19 PM   #6
mirrille
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by aldesign
but we dont see why u girls like Ugs Elijah
and Girly Orlando.andy
Dunno about Elijah, but as for Orlando being girly, sometimes that's an advantage. How much anime do you watch? The best looking guys are very often the ones so beautiful that they can pass as girls. haha! I prefer fine features over the "rugged look" usually, although I'll make an exception for Sean Bean, and that's only because he has presence.

I haven't seen the trailer, but if Miranda Otto is as pretty and mature as you say, then I'm happy. Eowyn is one of my favourite characters. Wouldn't have liked her part to get mangled by a Liv Tyler -type.
mirrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 08:08 PM   #7
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by aldesign
Rosie lass

yes, we like Liv
You speak for yourself - I think she's one ugly pig
Old 03-31-2002, 08:11 PM   #8
Darth Tater
The man

I can tell just from the scene where she spars with Aragorn that she is a goddess. And that shot of her turning in her saddle and smiling, of her standing with the weight of the world on her shoulders outside the golden hall in Rohan, oh man, I managed not to go googly for Liv or Cate cause, well, they're not really my types, but Miranda's my kinda woman!
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 08:20 PM   #9
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Mmmmm...Miranda...

I embrace her from behind; my chin on her shoulder. She smiles and squeezes my left hand with her right. I whisper into her ear. WETA turns on the overly-done special effects. She does a quick turn and slaps me silly with the other hand...
*wakes from dream*

If she proves to be a feisty Eowyn, I won't be disappointed.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 08:43 PM   #10
Strange-Looking Lurker
Elven Warrior

Sorry if somebody has already asked this (I haven't read the whole thread), but do y'all know if and when they will be putting the preview on the site?
Old 03-31-2002, 10:09 PM   #11
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

"Liv Tyler looked like a big red box with a stupid fringe at the premiere! If what you say about Miranda Otto is true, Bropous, then she is unlikely to have a silly fringe."

LOL, this HAS to cross some lines.......
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.

Last edited by bropous : 04-01-2002 at 01:37 PM.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 01:51 AM   #12
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

I can't BELIEVE I didn't find this thread before!!!!!!!!

I saw it on Friday night, and now (Sunday night), I've begun to nearly hyperventilate again!!!!!! Tano and I saw it, we were going SO absolutely INSANE when it came on, even the last second before, when I was almost crying like I always do when Sam and Frodo start walking toward Mordor, and then it started, and I couldn't stop nearly screaming about for the next few hours. . .AAH! It was SO incredible, perfect people, perfect Shadowfax...The White Rider, Oh Eru! Perfect! And Miranda Otto as Eowyn is SO perfect, she' beautiful and just perfect for the part...okay, I really need to calm down! Oh, why bother? I'm going to see it again on Thursday, whether or not my friends can come, I HAVE to see it again!!!!!! It was incredible!!!!!!!!!

I'd better stop rambling insanely now. Why on earth did I not find this thread earlier? Oh well. Oh, bropous, on another thread, I think it was 'Sam finding Frodo,' I misinterpreted your words about it...sorry. I thought you didn't like it, I was wrong, you obviously did. I did tooMust see again!!!!!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 03:39 AM   #13
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I can't wait to see the preview of TTT so that I won't be able to wait to see TTT so I won't be able to wait to see the preview of ROTK so...oh well.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Old 04-01-2002, 03:41 AM   #14
Eruviel Greenleaf

When will you be able to see it?

Poor guy, not to have seen the trailer yet

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 04-01-2002, 03:43 AM   #15
GandalfTheWhite
Elven Warrior

looks good

overall the trailer was awesome, seeing treebeard was amazing! only thing i dont like is all the shots of arwen, its annoying that she is being put in the movies so much

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

"He who breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom."
-Gandalf

"A thing is about to happen which has not happened since the Elder Days: the Ents are going to wake up and find that they are strong."
-Gandalf
GandalfTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 03:50 AM   #16
Eruviel Greenleaf

Treebeard!!!

I almost screamed when I saw Treebeard! He was so great! Perfect, if you ask me...It was funny, when we were getting our seats, this woman sitting next to us asked if we were 'screamers,' if we screamed when certain characters came on. Well, we weren't expecting this trailer! Rather, we weren't expecting all that amazing stuff! Treebeard, for example, and Gandalf the White! And Eowyn! And Faramir, Theoden...

er, I just managed two whole posts in which I ramble almost incessently about the trailer and how great it was...I'd better stop...

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 04-01-2002, 04:10 AM   #17
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I probably won't be able to see the TTT preview on the big screen until november since the theatre owners here don't think too highly of fans.

Oh well, there's always the malls filled with "unscrupulous DVD salesmen".

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Put aside the ranger...
Old 04-01-2002, 05:32 AM   #18
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Arathorn
Mmmmm...Miranda...

I embrace her from behind; my chin on her shoulder. She smiles and squeezes my left hand with her right. I whisper into her ear. WETA turns on the overly-done special effects. She does a quick turn and slaps me silly with the other hand...
*wakes from dream*

If she proves to be a feisty Eowyn, I won't be disappointed.

Ewwwww! Some of us still have minds you know! And I DID NOT want to have images of that at 10:30 in the morning! I know its not that bad but still OTTO???

All my dreams of the actors are where we talk. I had such a great talk with Elijah Wood and Dominic Monaghan! We reallly connected!

Old 04-01-2002, 05:43 AM   #19
Nibs
Head Hollara

Am I the only one that doesn't care about any of this? I have no infatuations with any of the actors from the films. Does that mean I shouldn't post here? Oh, wait... the title is about the trailer for The Two Towers ... I still haven't seen it. Shame on me *slaps himself, literally*. Does that mean I shouldn't post here? Oh, well... too late now, I suppose.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 05:48 AM   #20
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I don't expect you to understand. Ah, to be beside Eowyn nursing her wounds in the houses of healing.

We're only about a yr or 2 apart (Miranda).Mmmm.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Put aside the ranger...