Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-11-2002, 11:28 PM   #1
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

I thought that was Eomer! I saw a picture of him at lotr.net and thought that was him! Never mind. For everyone's (including mine) peace of mind, this is the exact words that Theoden said (SQUUUEEEEEE HE'S PERFECT!!!)

[Mysterious, powerful tone]Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?
It has passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow,
The days have passed, behind the hills, [softer tone]into shadow...[/softer tone] [/Mysterious, powerful tone]

CREEPY I absolutely loved it! Faramir... I really hate to say it because I've permanently sworn off guys (I can be friends with boys, but I ain't havin' a boyfriend or getting married) but he is HOT!! Eowyn was awesome, Treebeard... WOWZERS!!! PJ gave us just enough to dream on, but not quite enough to imagine him fully. We wants it, yesss, we wants The Two Towersessss...

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 07:21 AM   #2
Laterose13
Sapling

Gandalf Help?

Okay, I have found the trailer for the Two Towers on line!!! Here's the problem: It's encoded with something called Cleaner 5. It's preventing me from watching the movie. However, I've managed to get the sound, but not the movie. What do I do?
Laterose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 05:56 PM   #3
Stalker in the Starlight
Hobbit

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! STILL CAN'T FIND TTT TRAILER! HAVE BEEN LOOKING ALL OVER *scratched* NET FOR IT!!!!!!!!!! *collapses to the ground and bawls*
But are you serious?! They ACTUALLY kept a song?! THE LAMENT OF THE ROHIRRIM, NO LESS?! *peruses entry* WHAT?! WHERE'S THE REST OF IT????!!!!! That's my favorite song...*bawls again*
And WHAT is this I hear about Eowyn sparring with Aragorn?! While I realize they're trying to make her a more memorable character and display her power, come ON! *this is very out of character for Stalker in the Starlight as she is a die-hard Eowyn fan*
Hey, cool...I just realized by abreviation is SITS! AHAHAHAAAA-*slaps herself* OKAY I'LL SHUT UP ABOUT THAT NOW! Anyway...
Though...I HAVE seen pics of the characters for the 2nd AND 3rd movies...I HATE how thay portrayed Denethor! It's bad enough he looks so young (he has semi-long black hair and no beard), but he also looks NOTHING like either Faramir OR Boromir! Man...if you're going to make an unnecessary canon transition, at LEAST make it flow correctly! The first word Faramir will say to Denethor is probably "Father," just so the audiance doesn't get confused. *I* sure was...
RRRR...*pulling out her hair* FIND ME A PLACE WHERE I CAN GET A BOOTLEG COPY, ALREADY! I *CAN'T* GO CRAZIER BEFORE THE RELEASE, I JUST CAN'T!
Oh, and I have no idea what Cleaner 5 is. Sorry.
Where is the spring and the harevest and the tall corn growing?
They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow;
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.
Who shall gather the smoke of the dead wood burning,
Or behold the flowing years from the Sea returning?'
-Lament of the Rohirrim, II 132-33

~*CARPE DIEM!*~
Stalker in the Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 09:45 PM   #4
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Quote:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! STILL CAN'T FIND TTT TRAILER! HAVE BEEN LOOKING ALL OVER *scratched* NET FOR IT!!!!!!!!!! *collapses to the ground and bawls*
It seems like you really need to see the trailer! It took me a week after it was released to actually find it. I think it will be showing as a preview before movies soon. If you are desparate just search the net and you should find a copy. I got mine from the program Kazaa, just go to www.kazaa.com download the program, then search for the two towers trailer. The full version is about 20MB.
Old 06-21-2002, 08:36 PM   #5
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Actually, the correct lines which Theoden King recites are:

"Where is the Horse....and the Rider...
Where is the Horn that was blowing...
They have passed like rain on the mountains
Like wind in the meadow...
The days go down in the West
Behind the Hills...
Into Shadow."

Stalker, I don't even remember where I got my copy of the trailer, it's a 20MB Quick Time file of a real cruddy copy of a facsimile of a carbon, but I've watched it over and over. I followed a link which was posted WAY early in this thread, search for it and you may find it.

I have no way to transfer the file to you, sorry. Good luck and Welcome to the Moot!
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 08:57 PM   #6
The Ringbearer
Elven Warrior

Location: Crickhollow in the summer, and Rivendell in the winter
What in the name of Eru does Galadriel mean'' this quest will take his life....''?! He has to live to the 3rd movie.....
Is she forshadowing that he will have to go to the Grey Havens?

Or is she just trying to scare whoever she is talking to?

'But you're a part of this world! Aren't you?'

Frodo lives!
The Ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 10:07 PM   #7
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I think she just means the burden will destroy him spiritually.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 12:52 AM   #8
Kalimac
Enting

You will need Quicktime.
http://thefangorn.free.fr/#
Kalimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 03:47 PM   #9
Stalker in the Starlight
Hobbit

Thank you, kind people! I have the whole summer to search for it, so I might as well start looking...
cassiopeia, I love that little animated icon of yours...where did you get that?!
Finally, I got a (really cruddy) bootleg copy of FOTR from my uncle(with auido that plays faster than the video so that the characters seem to be directly cut and pasted from some badly-translated Godzilla movie, though it was pretty funny watching the Last Alliance: Everyone was staring up at Sauron looking all scared-like while the sounds of Sauron playing ping-pong with Elendil and relations were playing in the background), who got it from...somewhere else, grokster, I think...but then my neighbor borrowed it from me to make a copy and still hasn't given it back and that was about two days ago...excuse me, I must go destroy now. *Grabs Sauron's Mace and walks off whistling happy tunes*
Where is the spring and the harevest and the tall corn growing?
They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow;
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.
Who shall gather the smoke of the dead wood burning,
Or behold the flowing years from the Sea returning?'
-Lament of the Rohirrim, II 132-33

~*CARPE DIEM!*~
Stalker in the Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 01:18 AM   #10
Claenoic

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! I'M FURIOUS!!!! To make room for that teaser trailer, Movie-list kicked out the 4 min long trailer for FOTR!!!! GWWWAAARRRRRRGGG!!!!!

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Old 06-29-2002, 01:29 AM   #11
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Yay, I just downloaded it!! I got so excited when I watched it, can't wait till Christmas!!

Claenoic, don't you have the FOTR trailer already? and anyway it will be out on video in about a month.

Quote:
cassiopeia, I love that little animated icon of yours...where did you get that?!
Hee hee, thats my little secret
Old 06-29-2002, 02:10 AM   #12
Claenoic

I meant the TTT trailer that was shown it the theaters, it was one min (my bloopy)

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Cheers!
Old 07-02-2002, 12:30 AM   #13
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I just wanted to let everyone know that the tt trailer is available at apple.com. You can get the full screen download! Click here