Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-24-1999, 06:18 AM   #21
Loopy

Re: Helloo

in no particular order... Clerks Mallrats Dogma the Star Wars movies The Indiana Jones trilogy The Burbs Being John Malkovich Wayne's World Dazed and Confused
Old 11-24-1999, 06:31 AM   #22
galadriel1

Schindler`s List

I forgot about that one! Excellent movie! Beautful, haunting score.
Old 11-24-1999, 01:47 PM   #23
anduin

Re: Schindler`s List

Yeah, and it has yummy Liam in it!!! :P
Old 11-25-1999, 03:12 AM   #24
Ryan6233

hehehe soah
Old 11-25-1999, 01:59 PM   #25
Son of the Suns I

Wow, this thread has done very well.
Old 11-25-1999, 11:39 PM   #26
gdl96

galadriel1, did u ever watch happy gilmore oon friday? what did you think? anyway, i say matrix last night. awsome movie. one of the best ive seen in a while. these movies are now added to my list: -the world is not enough- denise richards in a wet tshirt, yeah! :P -matrix
Old 11-26-1999, 05:56 PM   #27
dmaul96

89verarn

aperantly you have been very determined on telling the world that you saw the person in bond w/ a wet tshirt
Old 11-26-1999, 06:01 PM   #28
gdl96

Re: 89verarn

yup
Old 11-26-1999, 06:14 PM   #29
galadriel1

Re: Happy Gilmore

gdl96: No, I didn`t see it. I got busy with some other matters. One of these days, I`ll have to rent it. I`ve never seen Matrix, either. It`s one that should probably be seen on big screen. I can`t imagine the effects being as good on the small screen. How was it on the small screen? Is it worth checking out? And as for Bond, I don`t like Brosnan or Dalton as the character so I didn`t go see that, either.
Old 11-27-1999, 12:04 AM   #30
gdl96

well, i have a 36 inch tv and a digital 4 speaker nd one subwwofer surround sound system, so it was pretty impressive. wouldve been better on dvd, though.
Old 12-28-1999, 09:13 PM   #31
dmaul96

I've posted in this thread, but I have never said anything about my fav movies, so I will do so now. Some of you like some pretty wierd movies I've never heard of. -last 3 bond movies-last one i didnt really understand, but it was fun when he killed ppl -sw movies -adam sandler movies- billy madison is the best one
Old 12-28-1999, 09:32 PM   #32
Darth Tater

I've got a new one for the list. A Thousand Clowns
Old 12-28-1999, 10:56 PM   #33
Fat middle

Good thread Sots!

...so many films. It´s dificult to pick only a few: -SW all -Indy all -Schindler´s list -Saving private Ryan -In the name of the father -Sense and sensibility -The princess bride -The Godfather I & II -Blade Runner -Eldorado -Bullets over Broadway (was that the title?) -In the hard, hard winter (sure IT WASN´T the title, im translating (bad) from the Spanish translation)It was an english film about a little company playing Hamlet in very hard conditions to save a church from demolition. Very, very funny. anduin: Six degrades of separation!! I believe i was the only one who like that film. Isn´t one of the very, very best, but i like it a lot. In my country it was a complete box office disaster. In my city it was shown only a week in only one theater (i saw it for chance). It wasn´t released in VHS... but finally i see a TV channel was going to released it. I called all my friends to see the movie... and none of them like it Perhaps that´s why i like it so much Loopy: Clerks ??? Do you like that?!
Old 12-29-1999, 12:01 AM   #34
dmaul96

Re: Good thread Sots!

I forgot to mention the 2 austin powers movies.
Old 12-29-1999, 01:12 AM   #35
anduin

[b]Fat Middle[b] I don't think it did very well here either....but I love the movie anyway My friend told me to rent it, but I bought it instead, because the recommendation she gave was so high...I am glad I did..... "The Kandinsky is painted on both sides.....chaos, control.....chaos, control...."
Old 12-29-1999, 12:03 PM   #36
Son of the Suns I

Thanks dmaul96 for bringing this up, and thanks Fat Middle, for the compliment I'm thinking of making an even longer list of my favorite movies, but that'll have to wait till later.
Old 04-01-2000, 08:40 AM   #37
emilsson

In no particular order....

All Star Wars movies
The Shawshank Redemption
Dead Poets´Society

For some reason I cannot think of any other good movies probably because it´s morning or I have spent too much time watching bad movies like Terror under the Midnight Sun .
Old 04-02-2000, 01:15 PM   #38
juntel

OK, here goes

2001 A Space Odyssey
Citizen Kane
Apocalypse Now
West Side Story
Bleu (or Blue, if you prefer, by Kievlovsky)
The Elephant Man
Annie Hall
Blade Runner
Romeo and Juliet (Zeffirelli's)
Sophie's Choice

(a list that is always changing, according to my mood)
Old 04-02-2000, 02:23 PM   #39
Fat middle

Re: OK, here goes

Oh, yes, "Blue" was a very good film, i had forgotten that. IMHO, one of the best soundtracks of ever.

I forgot also "Henry V", by Branagh, but i´ve commented that at Illyria.
Old 04-05-2000, 04:32 PM   #40
TheRobRoy

Re: Helloo

Top 10 Favorite movies:
(Disclaimer: This list is subject to change without warning as per my mood and current financial status)

10- The Seven Samurai, Run and The Phantom King - Akira Kurisawa's epic trilogy
9- Spartacus - "I'm Spartacus!"
8- Being John Malkovich - "I'm John Malkovich."
7- Chariots of Fire - Makes ya wanna run for the fun of it!!
6- The Big Sleep - Bogey at his finest in the most convoluted gumshoe story ever
5- Cyrano de Bergerac - 1992 French version
4- The Joy Luck Club - Ever want to understand why your asian girlfriend is the way she is?
3- That Thing You Do - Small town boys make good
2- Graveyard of the Fireflies - This little animated film would make even John Wayne cry
1- Shogun - This mini-series is one of the finest eight hours you can ever spend watching anything. Richard Chamberlain is superb as the western man caught in the unfamiliar eastern world. Costumes, dialogue, action, all based off the even better novel by James Clavel leaves you wanting so much more but glad you came anyway!!