Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-19-2002, 10:20 PM   #1
FoolofaTook
Elven Warrior

TTT extended Edition?

Will there be a TT extended edition or not? I'm not sure. There were some scenes that were left out/changed in the movie, but is there really enough to make an extended edition?
FoolofaTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 12:30 AM   #2
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Re: TTT extended Edition?

Quote:
Originally posted by FoolofaTook
Will there be a TT extended edition or not?
Yep. It came from PJ himself.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 12:47 AM   #3
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I think that TTT would benefit greatly from an extended edition. I think the Merry/Pippen/Treebeard storyline could use more scenes.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 01:29 AM   #4
Smaug
Enting

"You speak evil of that which is fair beyond the reach of your thought, and only little wit can excuse you"
had better be in TTT:EE
Smaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 01:52 AM   #5
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

What will be interesting to see is if the Extended Editions will have a continuity of their own... for example, since FOTR Extended shows Gimli falling for Galadriel, perhaps TTT Extended will indeed have the line Smaug pointed out. Don't think that scene really needs it, though, the way it's already paced.

I agree that the Merry/Pippin storyline is the one that needs the most added time. But I think what the film of TTT really highlights is that they're actually barely in the thing, even in the book. It's just that their whole adventure with Treebeard takes longer in the book... it will be interesting to see if they drink Ent-draughts at all in the Extended TTT, and if they'll indeed be taller than Frodo and Sam in ROTK.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 01:57 AM   #6
olsonm
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by IronParrot
it will be interesting to see if they drink Ent-draughts at all in the Extended TTT, and if they'll indeed be taller than Frodo and Sam in ROTK.
Dom and Billy claim that it will be in there.
Old 12-20-2002, 01:10 PM   #7
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

I hope they show more of the Ents, Merry and Pippin and Faramir!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 03:11 PM   #8
Warrior
Hobbit

i have also heard that there will be the poem about the races of middle-earth recited by treebeard when he first learns of hobbits from merry and pippen....id like to see that. and i too have heard that the ent-draughts will in it.
Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 08:28 PM   #9
Noahamir
Hobbit

Extended Version: TTT

Peter Jackson said in a interview that the Ent-Draughts would be in the Extended Version. This would explain how Merry's forehead cut just magically disapeared in the movie.

Some scenes that I think should be in the Extended Version that were missing from theatrical version!

1.) More scenes showing Gandalf and Balrog fighting on the Endless Stairs to reach top of mountain instead of just suddenly appearing there.

2.) Frodo and Sam using Elven rope to climb down the cliff and that the rope magically let go at the top. (Sean Astin mention filming this in an interview!)

3.) I know they filmed a scene of Legolas collecting arrows from Fallen orcs at Amon Hen before the hunt started.

4.) Sam examining Southernor who fell of Oliphant more closely. (It felt like they clipped that scene in movie shorter.)

5.) A scene letting The Three Hunters know that Merry & Pippen are ok. Instead of them just suddenly forgetting about the hobbits they have been tracking for days.

Those are just five off the top of my head. I will post again if I think of more.
Noahamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 12:12 PM   #10
Diaxion
Elven Warrior

Gandalf

of course, how else will they make more money
Old 12-21-2002, 12:40 PM   #11
Elf.Freak
Orli's lil fan

yay!

i noticed that in TTT:
despite the theatrical trailer, Arwen does not say to Elrond "you have the gift of foresight, tell me what you have seen"
which i would've liked to have seen.
~
I've gotta new avatar! looks kinda like me...anime style!
~
LOST: Orlando Bloom. If found, please send him straight to Elf.Freak
Elf.Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 11:52 PM   #12
SamwiseGamgeeOTS
Elven Warrior

Location: A quaint little hole which last time I checked was somewhere near Ohio, Middle-Earth.
TTT Extend Info!!!

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/381/381227p1.html

There's some info about what's goin on so far.......hope this helps some people.
Old 02-22-2003, 12:20 AM   #13
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

*crosses fingers*

HuornsGoodFaramirShelobGandalfatOrthanc, HuornsGoodFaramirShelobGandalfatOrthanc...

*looks at link*

Curses! Foiled again!

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 09:55 AM   #14
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Didn't seem to metiont the entwives
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 12:29 PM   #15
SamwiseGamgeeOTS
Elven Warrior

Location: A quaint little hole which last time I checked was somewhere near Ohio, Middle-Earth.
yeah. some of it makes me sad too. maybe we'll have better luck in ROTK!
Old 02-22-2003, 12:59 PM   #16
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Quote:
Didn't seem to metiont the entwives
Umm Blackboar. The Entwives aren't even IN TTT. Yeah Treebeard mentions them in the book, but I dont think that overgrown brocolli plant that was meant to be Treebeard in the movie would mention his spouse.
Besides if they took out Tom Bombadil, mauled Treebeard, and turned the Dead Marshes into a nuclear waste dump I dont think they would have any qualms about taking out characters (or mauling them) that aren't even IN the story. Dont feel bad. I wish they'd put at least ONE song into a movie. Stupid idiots.
Cheers,
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 02:11 PM   #17
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by samwise of the shire
Umm Blackboar. The Entwives aren't even IN TTT. Yeah Treebeard mentions them in the book, but I dont think that overgrown brocolli plant that was meant to be Treebeard in the movie would mention his spouse.
Besides if they took out Tom Bombadil, mauled Treebeard, and turned the Dead Marshes into a nuclear waste dump I dont think they would have any qualms about taking out characters (or mauling them) that aren't even IN the story. Dont feel bad. I wish they'd put at least ONE song into a movie. Stupid idiots.
Cheers,
Sam
I meant I thought Treebeard would MENTION them in the extended version, I heard Peter Jackson had done about the entwives, but cut the scene out for the extended version.
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 10:51 AM   #18
Aranwe
Enting

Quote:
HuornsGoodFaramirShelobGandalfatOrthanc
Shelob is at the start of ROTK in the movies, don't worry about that

It actually sort of makes sence... ROTK has all the appendices at the back of it, so while the book is physically the same size as the FOTR book it's a much shorter story.

Moving Shelob to ROTK will make them all roughly equal in length.
Aranwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 02:25 PM   #19
azalea
Long lost mooter

I merged the thread about the posted link into the existing thread about TTT EE.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 02:35 PM   #20
Sween
im quite stupid

I hope they have more of aragorns character development in this one.

The ents are the weekest link and need to be helped out