Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 08:03 AM   #81
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

All hail the great admin!
Quote:
And if I do that, he will be tortured by a deadly pillow fight, and then be made to face a wolf called Buttercup.
I was going to suggest hanging him by his hand from the peak of Mt. Everest, but it looks like you've found a worse punishment

Last edited by Falagar : 03-30-2003 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-31-2003, 03:21 PM   #82
Maedhros
The Tall

It seems that the protector is worse than the punisher.
2. Of or relating to North or South America, the West Indies, or the Western Hemisphere.
As a noun American is:
A native or inhabitant of America.
A citizen of the United States.

Then the boy asked, “What is America then?”, and the wise man looked at the dictionary again:
1. The United States.
2. also the A·mer·i·cas. The landmasses and islands of North America, Central America, and South America.

Confused, the boy asked, “Does the term american refers solely to a us citizen or to any person in North, Central or South America?”
The wise man replied: “What do you think?”, and the boy answered: “It is clear to me that while the term american is used to refers to us citizens, one can also use it to refer to any person who is from that continent too,” the boy thought for a while and asked the wise man, “Am I right?”, and he replied: “But of course.”
The boy wondered, why is it that some people refuse to acknowledge the fact that the term american refers not only to US citizens but to anyone of the American continent?, but then sadly, the boy understood, that it is the calamity of ignorance.
Old 04-01-2003, 08:15 PM   #83
Ruinel
Banned

Sorry, the rage goes with the red hair and green eyes. I was born to be wild and untamed. His outright insolence was the cause of my irresponsible words.
However, I take them back, I will not "slay" Maedhros. Besides, he's only a little pup who needs a rolled newpaper to swat his little patoot, not to be slain. Even if I was only joking (reread it!)
I....*grrrr*.... appologize.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:02 PM   #84
Inderjit Sanghera
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Then Fingon the valiant resolved to heal the feud. Of all the children of Finwe he is most justly renowned: for his valour was as a fire and steadfast as the hills of stone; wise he was, and skilled in voice and hand; troth and justice he loved and bore good will to all, both Elves and Men, hating Morgoth only; he sought not his own, neither power and glory...
HoME 5; The lost road

Although admittely, this is pre-LoTR Silamrillion, and it was revised, (esp. the relationships. Here Angrod and Aegnor are pro-Feanorian, whislt the rest of the Finweans princes are anti) and his friendship with Maedhros is not a factor yet, we can see that Fingon is described as the greatest of the Finweans. Finrod included....

Last edited by Inderjit Sanghera : 04-03-2003 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-20-2003, 01:12 PM   #85
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Quote:
Originally posted by Maedhros
I still don't get why FF is chosen over Fingon. Doesn't makes sense to me.

Because I'm hot. and I'm married to SGH! LOL!
Old 04-20-2003, 09:54 PM   #86
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Finrod Felagund
Because I'm hot. and I'm married to SGH! LOL!
roflol!! Aha! So, your the Finrod that is married to SGH!! Finally, it all makes sense! Um, my Finrod is in Aman. You are not him. I hope you and SGH are happy together.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:51 AM   #87
Inderjit Sanghera
Elven Warrior

Quote:
roflol!! Aha! So, your the Finrod that is married to SGH!! Finally, it all makes sense! Um, my Finrod is in Aman. You are not him. I hope you and SGH are happy together.
You REALLY are scaring me...please stop.
Old 04-21-2003, 06:04 AM   #88
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Yes, for the sake of his sanity, please stop. Is there any thread where this argument hasn't tumbled over into?
Old 04-21-2003, 07:52 AM   #89
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by Inderjit Sanghera
You REALLY are scaring me...please stop.
Doesn't she just scare everyone?
Old 04-21-2003, 09:47 AM   #90
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

BoP is right. Let's get on topic folks.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 04-21-2003, 12:46 PM   #91
Ruinel
Banned

*looks sheepishly* oops, sorry. Didn't I say I wasn't going to do that anymore. *rolls eyes* Please accept my appologies.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:00 PM   #92
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
I am the only Finrod. So...SGH and I were never legally married. It's an unoficcial entmoot thing. Since I'm king and she's queen of Nargothrond.
Old 04-22-2003, 05:53 PM   #93
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Finrod Felagund
I am the only Finrod. So...SGH and I were never legally married. It's an unoficcial entmoot thing. Since I'm king and she's queen of Nargothrond.
hahahaha... stop it... you're going to get me in trouble, again. ahahahaaha... you can have her "Finrod" *wink, wink*
Old 04-23-2003, 11:16 AM   #94
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

I can't have you both? Heck I'm king. Solomon had 700 wives (& 300 concubines). Oh yeah, I'm an elf. I forgot.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:10 PM   #95
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
hahahaha... stop it... you're going to get me in trouble, again. ahahahaaha... you can have her "Finrod" *wink, wink*
Finrod, who is a High Elf, and king, deserves a woman like himself; baeutiful, powerful, and wise, not a lowly plow maid that is only good for weaving and tending sheep. Thank you.

Now, back to Fingon.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 04-23-2003, 04:59 PM   #96
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
Finrod, who is a High Elf, and king, deserves a woman like himself; baeutiful, powerful, and wise, not a lowly plow maid that is only good for weaving and tending sheep. Thank you.

Now, back to Fingon.
*snifs SGH* then you better go take a bath, sweety. Smells like you've been shearing today. Wooo! *fans the air in SGH's general direction*
And you can have this Finrod. Mine (the real Finrod) awaits my return in Aman. *wink* Have fun. lol!
Old 04-23-2003, 05:05 PM   #97
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Eh boy! Some people just don't live in the real world.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 04-23-2003, 05:08 PM   #98
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Why do I get this feeling that everytime someone says "Let's get back on topic" in this discussion, something mysteriously happens, and suddenly Finrod is back on again? Finrod is sitting up there somewhere, "chanting a song of wizardry", I bet
Old 04-23-2003, 05:18 PM   #99
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Yes, I'll bet so too.

Ruinel, SGH, BACK ON TOPIC!

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 04-23-2003, 05:30 PM   #100
Ruinel
Banned

*looks around in confusion* This isn't the real world?

A song of wizardry started by Sauron. The answer was Felagund's song of staying, resisting, battling against power, of secrets kept, strength like a tower, and trust unbroken, freedom, escape; of changing and shifting shape, of snares eluded, broken traps, the prison opening, the chain that snaps. And softly in the gloom they heard the birds singing afar in Nargothrond, the sighing of the Sea beyond, and the western world, on sand, on sand of pearls in Elvenland. *sigh*

Yes, we are off topic. She started it *points at SGH*.
And ahem "Finrod", no offense, but I only want the real thing. Sorry, sweety.

Inderjit: your response, as you say is "pre-LotR Sil". Then shouldn't we keep our discussion to only what was finally decided for the story? There were so many changes before, it gets very confusing.
Closed Thread