Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-09-2002, 12:13 PM   #1
Tirien
Sapling

RPG for a newbie here?

I'm new here, but i love doing rpgs at the other message boards.
any suggestions on ones i could come into?
thanks-
Tirien
Tirien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 12:41 AM   #2
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

I would suggest joining in one of the new RPGs that's just starting up (For example, my "Fourth Age" One). Also, try the one Handmaiden of Yavanna started.

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 07:27 PM   #3
Laiedheliel
Sapling

Location: A roaming Middle-Earth wanderer in the guise of a Ranger
I also am new here, and participate in RPGs on other boards, but all of the RPGs here are full, or it seems like it.

Does anyone think they'll be starting a new one anytime soon? I'm out of ideas for a new thread, but would love to jump into one!

Namaarie,

*Laie*
Laiedheliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 01:17 PM   #4
Meldien Eruantalë
Sapling

hey Tirien! i see i'm not the only TABA poster here *claps hands gleefully* yay

May the blessings of the Elves and all of the Free Folk go with you! May the stars shine upon your faces!
Meldien Eruantalë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 08:15 AM   #5
Faeirex
Hobbit

Location: A place inside my head, where none but myself dare go.
Strider Hmmm

I'd quite like to start up a new RPG, so perhaps we can set one up together. Only stipulation- no stupid elven handmaidens. Sooooo annoying. Why can no one ever be a normal person? She-elves never have anything to do apart from fight over Legolas anyway.

Rant over. So. New RPG. What do you think?

~Fae
Am becoming disenchanted with palantir guy. Refuses to send me photo, except of one v. large eyeball. Says he is shy but I rather suspect he is fat, or perhaps hairy. Have heard some v. bad stories about palantir relationships. Should probably cool it for a while.

Well, wouldn't you know, palantir guy turned out to be Dark Lord of Mordor. Just my luck. Could have been worse, I guess. Sauron not far or hairy, just disembodied force of evil. Must go now, have to raise massive demon army to scourge the earth. Also, have manicure appointment. Is no easy task keeping nails pointy.

Am tired of climbing up and down eight million stairs just to taunt Gandalf. Should have imprisoned him in easy-access dungeon where could taunt more effectively, and would not have to wait until after breakfast.

Have crossed orcs with goblin men in caverns below Isengard. V. tedious experience as orcs and goblin men most reluctant to breed, even with dinner and flowers. Next time will try something easier, such as breeding goblins and cheerleaders to create super-perky army that can travel by day and will not complain about pink uniforms.

Did not know when decided to make demon army for Sauron that would be so darn messy. Curse my decision to be Saruman the White. Should have decided to be Saruman the Muddy Brown, or Saruman the Faintly Greenish. White just shows all the slime.
Faeirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 02:05 PM   #6
Polkat
Enting

Location: yateley which is a small and rather boring town in england!
v disappointed in faeirex. we already have a roleplay that we run together. plus she has another 2!! how many roleplays do you need for heavens sake!!

although more disapointed you were not refered to ours. it's the thread called: the quest continues but i wouldn't bother going to the thread its self coz it's all rather pointless posts by me and faeirex, desparate to get our selves to the top of the board. just go to www.voy.com/78321/ if you're interested.

its set after the end of RotK and while at the moment it's kinda E.R meets middle earth [which is still very cool] we will have a super villian any moment now if faeirex can be bothered to get up off her arse and tell me [aragorn] that sauron is mobilising. unlikly though.

please join. we need more independant people. at the moment i have something like 5 characters. this creates situations where characters played by the same person stick up for each other whihc is v annoying.

thankyou. [does elaborate curtsy and attempts not to fall over][attempt fails][damn]