Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-28-2003, 02:34 AM   #161
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

The huge griffin's wings beat powerfully as it hurtled into sight, the straps of the packs held in its beak. Its strong eyes looked piercingly from Imarwyn to Glimdrell, and it dropped their packs at her feet. With one paw, it snatched its own pack from its beak, and then melted back into human shape.

"Come on, swiftly, we have little time."

She tried to mount her horse, but it shied away from her, anxiously. Imarwyn hastened up to it, speaking coaxingly in its ear. Soon, it was willing, hesitantly, to accept its strange rider.

Glimdrell dropped the saddle and bridle of his horse, and leapt lightly onto its bare back.

"Follow me," Aralle cried.

They thundered away from the citadel, down the streets, and soon were out, flying across the plains outside Néred.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 03:33 PM   #162
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

"...and so this quest begins..." Glimdrell spoke silently to himself as they rode out from sight of Nered's citywalls. Once again he reminded himself of his latest lessons with the sabre, but wondered if he would ever need the knowledge to wield the sabre. Instictively he reached down and touched his dagger, consealed under his flowing surcoat. Secretly he hoped it would never come to that. If he just could stick to the shadows, his stealth and dagger should prove sufficient.

Aralle took them beyond the boarders of Nered's ruling, hastily towards their destination. But did they know where they were going? Did they know where the prisoners were held captive? Honestly Glimdrell had no idea. Uncousiously he looked at Aralle, riding at the front. It was all up to her now, they would have to trust in her innate abilities and hope it wouldn't lead them astray. Too many lives and too much evil was at stake to allow such dark possibilities.
Old 10-02-2003, 03:49 PM   #163
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

"Success and survival," Iriana echoed. She had to admit to herself that she couldn't possibly imagine the size of the enemy they were facing. Not their power nor their cunning. To be honnest, little was known about this Shadow Hand cult and little was know of their magic. But the power of magic they beheld had proved itself on many occations the last year. They had manipulated the king, stolen the Hytorax and was now tricking the whole people of Enedwaith against Nered with the magic sweetness and cunning in their words. Rumours also spoke of a new orcbreed never before seen, much stronger, much more intelligent... alot more cunning, even magical abilities, yet nothing of this was documentated to the full extent.

Liren couldn't help but shiver at the thought of batteling this fairly unknown foe, perhaps they would even need to battle their own neighbours, tricked against them with evil lies.

She looked to the west and took a deep breath and letting it out with ease through her nose. The song arouse in her mind, building up her courage. She couldn't help but produce a slight smile of eagerness on her beautiful lips. She set her gaze back one last time to the grand sight of the citadel... the army was gathered into formation, soon they would leave for battle, the battle of Nered, her home.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:18 PM   #164
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

Strider

While Liren was thinking of the upcoming battle, a man walked up to her. He was dressed in the traditional Rohirim armor of the time, and he was holding a spear, sheild, and had a helmet on his head. He had long, blonde hair and a rough face. He had the largest smile on, and that made Liren sick. How could a man be overjoyed at a time like this? This man was demented.
"Hello, lass", said the man. "I'm Theodar. My son and I are about to march out to battle right now. He's really excited, but I'm not. I don't like battle. They make me sick. But that's my job a a rider of the Riddermark, so I must do what I must".
"If you hate battle so much", said Liren. "Why are you smiling?"
"I hate to see a lass with a frown on", said Theodar. "You're too beautiful to be frowning." That remark made Liren hold her breath. She never heard a comment so sweet before. She was about to thank him, but a loud horn rang.
"That mean I have to go", said Theodar. "Such a shame, that such a beautifull lass such as you must to battle. But my company is leaving already. BYEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"
"Bye", said Liren. She didn't know what to think of him. He was so nice and so fun, but he would probably die sooner or later. Oh well, thought Liren. She put on her armor and marched into battle, like the other thousands of free people who were about to throw their lives away for the great city of Nered.
Old 10-03-2003, 03:36 PM   #165
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

The city walls faded into the distance. Malagar sat easily atop his steed, riding low in the saddle, snacking on an apple. The others were still cautious and filled with concern, eyes looking in every direction. The sun still rode high in the sky, however, and there was little sign of any enemies about.

Even riding cautiously, in case of any spies around the countryside, they made good time. The plains between them and their destination offered good ground for riding.

Malagar pulled the brim of his hat down over his eyes to block out the sun, and smiled to himself. They were being watched, of course. Nothing to be done about that. But as long as he knew that they were being watched, and who was watching them, the spies were merely a tool to be used - just another pawn in the game.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:59 AM   #166
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

Strider

After riding for hours and hours and hours looking and looking for his son, Theodar finally found his son, Theodur, talking amonst the other soldiers.
"Theodur!!!", shouted Theodar in glee. "I've been looking for you for hours and hours! Where have you been?"
"With the other soldiers", said Theodur. "Isn't this exciting? Going out to battle? It's what I've been dreaming about! Let's go!"
"Theodur!", yelled Theodar. "I must speak to you in private."
"Sure", said Theodur. They moved their horses to a more private area and started to talk.
"How dare you treat war as if it were some sort of little game?" asked Theodar. "War is horrible! People die! People suffer! And not just a few people: thousands of people! Mabey even millions! And you think it's for entertainment?!" Theodar then started to cry, but Theodur showed no sorrow.
"Imagine how disgusted mother would be if she saw you right now." Theodar then drew his sword, knocked Theodur's sword out of his hand, and put the tip of the sword right next to Theodar's throught.
"HOW DARE YOU TALK OF MOTHER LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!", yelled Theodar. "SHE DIED TO PROTECT YOU! TO PROTECT ME! TO PROTECT ALL OF ROHAN! AND WHAT DO YOU DO? SPIT IN HER FACE! LEAVE NOW! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN! I DON'T CARE IF YOU DIE! JUST GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Theodur then started to choke up and sped his horse as fast as he could away from his dad. Then the marshal of their squad blew a horn, which was the signal to set up camp and rest. Theodar then parked his horse, sat by a tree, and cried himself to sleep.
Old 10-05-2003, 02:48 PM   #167
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Theodar looked up in surprise as he felt something hard and sharp poke his left arm. It was an eagle, looking at him through sharp, piercing eyes.

"My name is Thorondor," it screeched, to him.

He stumbled back away from it. "What?"

"The people of Enedwaith are in deadly danger from an attack that is being launched against them. The attack is from inside their kingdom, and has almost engulfed the entire realm in darkness. If this war is lost and the Shadowhand wins, their dark magic will be strengthened, and your country also will be attacked.

"I am passing on the word to those who might help, as I approach the king. You don't appear to be connected with any military organization, though you are a warrior. Will you travel to Néred, and help our people?"

"It will take us a few days to get there," Aralle told them. "They are imprisoned within the enemy camp- I have been told this. On the way, we shall receive instructions on how to rescue them."

She was quiet for a moment, and they rode in silence. Then she said, in a slightly lower voice, "at the very least, our mission will be a diversion that will attract the attention of the Shadowhand. That might help our other friends to get through. Even if we all die, it is their success that counts. If we are successful in speaking before the council that is gathering, that should be enough of an impact. Our comrades must have secrecy. If they lose that, then they are lost, before they have started."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 03:18 PM   #168
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

Strider

"It's my duty to help", said Theodar to Thorondor. " I just want to take my son along. That's all".
"Sure", said Thorondor. "If he's of age".
"He is", said Theodar. "He's somewhere among the soldiers. I just hope he'll listen to me and come".
"Sure he will", said Thorondor. "If he loves you."
"I don't think he does", said Theodar. "I told him I wanted him dead, since he made fun of his dead mother." Thorondor then let out a frustrated breath and said "If you wanted him dead, you would've killed him already. He knows that. He still loves you no matter what."
"Okay", said Theodar. "I'll go get him". He then walked away from the eagle. He woke up a few of the soldiers to ask them where Theodur went, and they said that he was sleeping by the big tree to the right. So he walked up to the big tree to the right, and saw the most disgusting thing he ever saw. A bloody orc was holding Theodur's head.
"Hello", said the Orc.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:29 PM   #169
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Thorondor rose into the air and was about to head on the way to Edoras when he saw the orc holding Theodar's son's head. He gave a screech, awakening most of the soldiers, as he rose into the air, to se a company of ocs. "Yrch" he screamed. It was clear most of them were Moria orcs, though there were a number with sighns he did not recognize, and many Uruk-hai leading them. This was obviously the enemy Theodar's company had been after. Thorondor screeched and plummetted down towards the orch holding Theodur's head, picking him up and shaking him like a rag doll. He lighted for a moment on the ground and dropped Theodur's head at his father's feet. "I'm sorry" said the eagle, "But there will be time for grief later. the orcish numbers are not too great, they can be defeated if we are swift." With that, Thorondor rose again and attacked the orcs, targeting many of the great uruk-hai, before winging quickly towards Edoras, giving one last screech as the Rohirric soldiers rose up to dstroy the small orcish army. But in enough time, orcs would be the least of their worries, thought the Eagle, the shadowhand was rising, and it would take more than an eored and an eagle to defat them.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 06:39 PM   #170
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

"Dad!" yelled Theodar. Theodur was amazed. He just saw the Orc with Thodar's head. How is this possible. "What in the name of the Valar is my head doing on the ground?" Then there was a laugh. A great and mighty laugh. The Orc army then dissapeard, and the mass that was Theodar's and the orc's body turned into reddish goo. Then, they shifted into an all familiar form. Sauron.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:29 PM   #171
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

OOC: Did you read my second-last post in the discussion forum Yodaman? Please read it and the last post I posted there and rethink about what you wrote in your last post...

thanks

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 10-07-2003 at 03:31 PM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 04:40 PM   #172
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

Everybody got scarred when they saw the Sauron form, except for Theodar, Theodur, and Thorondor, who all saw the Beoring turn into Sauron. Theodar drew out his sword and charged at the Beoring, but he shifted his arm into a mace and swung in at Theodar. It his his armor, so he didn't die, but he flew back, hit the tree, and became unconcious.
"SON!!!!!!!!" yelled Theodur. He ran to his son's side to comfort him, but the Beoring took a swing at him. Thorondor then slashed at the Beoring with his talons, and the Beoring flew back several feet. The Beoring then picked up some sort of staff and lashed out at Thorondor, and the staff let out a bright red beam. The beam his Thorondor and crippled the eagle. Then Liren saw this, and she saw the wounded Theodar with his father, she new she had to help. She drew out her sword at charged at the Sauron form. The Sauron form lifted up his arm to take a swing at her, but then a big blue white light hit the Beoring and he dissapread. Then Liren looked around and saw who cast the light. It was Radghast the White.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:45 PM   #173
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC: How is he Radgast the White? How did he turn white?

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 10-09-2003 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:49 PM   #174
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

OOC: If it is all right, Yodaman, I will insert the following as the resolution to the battle of yours (since a figure like Radagast would really not fit into our current storyline, at least not easily.)

IC:

The shapeshifter leapt forward, its arms altering into blades of steel as it swung at the two warriors who stood before it. Beneath it's charge, Theodar faltered, and though he blocked one strike, it hurled him backwards, where he lay upon the ground and did not rise.

"Son!!" cried out Theodur, in rage and anger, as he flew to the side of his child, but then the enemy was upon him, and it took all his skill to hold back it's power. Finally, it smote him with both blades at once, and his own weapon dropped to the ground.

It raised up one hand to deliver the final blow when Thorondor swept out of the sky, claws raking across the creature's back. Liren charged into the fray, driving the creature back, and while it staggered, Theodur drew his son's sword from the ground, and in one swift moment pierced the shapeshifter with it!

It let loose a cry of pain, and fled from the steel. Its form blurred into a massive beast, and it fled across the land, a vile blood pouring out beneath it...

And then it was gone.

Thorondor the eagle screeched, "This bodes not well for the people of Enedwaith - already, the Shadowhand has sent its minions to delay and plague our allies, and prevent them from coming to our aid. Theodur, I charge you with rallying as many warriors as can be spared, and bringing them to stand against the Shadowhand. If the evil is not cut down at its source, it will spread forever, and all the goodly folk of the land shall fall."

And with that, the eagle spread his wings, and soared off into the sky.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:12 PM   #175
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

They rode untill dark that day, Aralle first, then Imarwyn, and Glimdrell taking up the back -ever alert to their surroundings.

"We will sleep without a fire this night." Aralle said. "We may have enemy scouts about in the land that does not yet know our exact possition. At most we can hope they can not find us in the shelter of the night."

Glimdrell nodded, agreeing. "The stars shall guide our footfall if escape shall prove nessesary. I do not believe anyplace is safe in these lands now, not even in the sanctuary of Nered's high walls."

He rested against his proned horse's back and fell into a form of meditation, which was the elven kind of sleep -his eyes open, and his breath at ease, ever alert to the threatening darkness surrounding them.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:21 PM   #176
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Iriana stared with her glassed eyes upon the darkening horizon, a feeling of horror running through her. Gradually she felt the song starting to play in her mind, spurring her sences, itching in her fingertips.

The darkness consumed the company before Malagar finally commanded the holt, one couldn't see more than what was one's own flesh and bone.

"No fire this night!" Malagar commanded. Noone questioned his decition, all trusting in the seasoned man sitting there on his horse.

Despite the song in Iriana's mind, she managed to fall asleep. They had been riding the whole day and she soon yawned heavily, resting easily against her horse's side.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:29 PM   #177
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Malagar felt somewhat sorry for the crew after depriving them of warmth and comfort... but no chances could afford to be taken. Even if the enemy knew of them, the enemy couldn't know that Malagar knew that they knew.

He smiled to himself somewhat grimly. The old games of intrigue came back to him now so very easily. They were as much a part of him as anything else. The same part of him that let him look out into the night and see everything clear as day - or rather, feel its presence where the darkness and shadow slid across form and flesh, rock and stone and earth and tree.

A sound in the night caught his ear - the hoot of an owl, but of a breed that did not nest anywhere near these woods. His eyes narrowed. Glancing back at the others, they were all nestled asleep, save for Fimbren, who was awake on watch, staring out restlessly into the night. Malagar nodded - they could take care of themselves.

Meanwhile, he would find some answers.

The next time Fimbren looked in his direction, Malagar was gone.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:03 PM   #178
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

Strider

Theodur could not beleive his ears. He loathed the thought of battle, much less ordering people to their deaths. Plus his son probably just shatterd most of his bones to the impact of the shifter's strike. He didn't even have time to say no to Thorondor, which is what he probably would've done. But he was brave, and he knew he must do what do to save his lands.
"Come on, company", said Theodur. "Under the orders of Thorondor the eagle, who is higher ranking than me, has orderd us to gather up as many warrirors as we can do defeat the rouge wizard group entitled "The Shadowhand". We will first consult with King Eomer and get the remaining soldiers there. Now let's move". He then went to tend his son, who was already being tended by Linden.
"Father....", said Theodar. He couldn't move, since somehow, the shifter's strike broke every bone in his body.
"I'll carry him on my shoulder", said Linden, "now hurry up". Boy, she was a grouch. Where was the sweet little Linden he knew? But he didn't know that inside, Linden was very anxious for the day that she could get close to him. Very close.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:35 PM   #179
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren was troubled for a moment when he realized that Malagar was gone, but his mind quickly turned to othr things. Thorondor was not the only one with a prophecy involving the Shadowhand, he had not realized that it would come to total war, and now, Thorondor would fight his last battle, and Fimbren...Fimbren's life would change forever.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 10-17-2005 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-17-2003, 05:42 PM   #180
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

Thorondor was flying high above the Misty Mountains right after his last encounter with Theodur. He never liked Theodur. He thought he should've been a whimpy diplomat due to his hatred towards war. But, he had courage and that's all that mattered. He was flying high when he heard a voice he hadn't heard in a long time.
"Help!" said the voice. It was the voice of Gandalf. All the eagles were aquainted with Gandalf, so he knew him pretty well. But Gandalf went to the Grey Havens with the other Ringbearers. How could he possibly be here? But he decided to go down and investigate. He flew down, and, out of nowhere, a dart hit one of his wings. Within seconds he was unconcious and fell down right at the gates of Moria. And just a few meters from where he fell, Ezchtach the shifter was sneering at the eagle's stupidity, for he thought this was one of the greatest acomplishhments he ever made.