Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-10-2003, 06:53 PM   #161
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Sorry about that. Well? Is anyone gonna try to answer?
Old 01-13-2003, 12:27 PM   #162
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
Nargond raced into the fort. There were orc bodies all over the floor and Fimbren, Frodo, and Aragorn (blast it all, he was still alive), trying to defend themselves while backed against a wall. They were doing rather well. Then, perhaps out of the corners of their eyes, the orcs saw what was going on outside. And they fled. Nargond grinned. Never make a tree angry He thought to himself. And there the four of them stood, all alone now in the room with bodies strewn about.
"Well," he said. "Now what?"

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 05:43 PM   #163
Helix
Elven Warrior

Frodo (alive, forunately or not), not being a warrior at heart, suggested leaving. He desperately wanted to resume the quest of recapturing the ring. With it, all the lands around Mordor were suffering from the relentless assaults of Orcs. It was rumored that Gondor would soon fall, unless aided.

"Perhaps we can get the Ents to come to the aid of Gondor?" suggested Frodo. "They must understand the need to destroy the ring!"
Old 01-14-2003, 02:28 PM   #164
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Location: Pennsylvania, but I have a vacation home in the Westfarthing.
With a burst of light, Gandalf stepped into the room. "Good to see you all, my friends" he said. "I have left Merry and Pippin in the care of the Ents, but the Ents will not come to Gondor. Nonetheless we must go now, to Gondor with hope or without. The Enemy has the Ring and we must retrieve it. Minas Tirith is where his first blow will fall, and that is where we must stop him."
The fellowship mounted with the soldiers still able to fight and took off for Gondor. As they approached the city they saw it burning from afar.

OOC: BTW, Gandalf hasn't been at Helm's Deep until now.

Sauron had clothed himself again in the shape of a huge warrior, and he himself was leading the assault on Gondor. Archers launched arrows burning with flame into the city, and armies would not stand against the Nazgûl and their master. Minas Tirith was falling.

"We need another army" said Gandalf.

Suddenly, Aragorn and Nargond both thought of the Paths of the Dead.

Aure Entuleva!

John Kerry for President!
Beleg Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 11:38 AM   #165
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren sensed something dark entering the minds of Nargond and Aragorn. But his own frightening thoughts took his mind and he wept. "I will gather an elven army." He sobbed, "Though iyt will probably be the last elven army to march upon these shores. I cannotbring all, for I fear that Lorien may be attacked. I ride also to the Iron mountains to call the dwarves for their aid, for I have recieved word that The Lonely mountain and Dale are under attack."
Fimbren rode off quickly.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 02:30 PM   #166
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Gandalf looked at Aragorn and Nargond, wondering if one of them would be brave enough to suggest the Paths of the Dead.
Behind him, Frodo wondered what had become of all the elves that were with them.

Aure Entuleva!

Old 01-16-2003, 08:18 PM   #167
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
Nargond and Aragorn looked at each other. "A word?" said Nargond.
THey stepped aside out of earshot and spoke in low voices.

"You know what we must do," he said.
Aragorn nodded. "I fear, though, that I have not the strength of will."
Nargond furrowed his brows. "Nay, cousin. You have always been the leader. And you are the elder, albeit by short minutes only. I would reject my claim to the throne for you."
"Had I only your loyalty. But the Dead will not respond to me. You know how they think."
"Aye. Nor will they respond to me only. But we must band together for the sake of our people. For them must we go into the dark lands and remind the Dead of the old alliance."
SO the two of them walked back to the group and said, "We will go to the Paths of the Dead," simlutaneously, but not intentionally.

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 02:47 PM   #168
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

"Very well." said Gandalf. "May the grace of the Valar go with you. Frodo and I will make for Minas Tirith with all speed. It may yet be possible to save this day."

Aure Entuleva!

Old 01-18-2003, 10:47 PM   #169
Helix
Elven Warrior

Hearing the news, Frodo worried for Nargond and Aragorn. Thought he did not no much about the Paths of the Dead, they sounded like a fearful place. But he also worried for himself. Even though the company was now on its way to Sauron and the Ring, he did not feel that he would be of much use in a battle for Gondor.
Old 01-19-2003, 05:42 PM   #170
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Shadowfax, the great white horse, bore Gandalf and Frodo to a field of chaos. The servants of Sauron had overrun the fence of the Pellenor and were fighting a pitched battle at the gates of the White City. The sun was down and light came only from the burning walls of the City. Men wearing the armor of the White Tree fought back hard, but already the field was littered with their corpses.

Theoden pulled out Herugrim. "To the City!" he cried. "Forth Eorlingas!"

The horns of the army blew, confusing the forces of Mordor. Many of the orcs ceased their assault on the gate to turn and look at the Rohirrim, and were shot down with the iron-shod arrows of the City.

And then the Rohirrim were upon the Orcs. Like a wind of death the horses clove through the field, trampling and slaying the orcs missed by the swords.

A trumpet went up from inside the walls and the Gate opened. A band of warriors wearing the uniform of the Tower Guard charged out into the already dismayed Orc army. "For the City!" they cried.

Caught between two armies, the Orcs lost their confidence. But it returned in a heartbeat as something dark blotted out the stars.

Like a cloud of ill portent, the Witch-King descended upon his winged steed into the midst of the fray. The defenders launched arrows at his steed but to no avail. Many cowered before him, for his terror was greater than any before.

Then Gandalf spoke. "Begone, foul creature of Sauron! You have no place here in the city of Men."

The Nazgûl spoke in a hissing, sibilant tounge. "Neither have they a place here. The world of Men is falling, Gandalf the Grey. They are weak and it is the time of Sauron the All-Powerful to sieze what is rightly his."

Suddenly, the field fell completely black. There was not a star to be seen. Even the fires seemed muted as the Witch-King drew a blade that gave off a pale white light.

As Frodo felt the wound in his shoulder begin to pulse he shouted in a tounge he did not know.

"Aiya Earendil Elenion Ancalima!"

A star blazed to light in his vest and he held up the Phial. Somehow it lit up the whole field and the hosts of Mordor quailed.

Aure Entuleva!

Old 01-20-2003, 02:48 PM   #171
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Like the wind Fimbren had ridden until he reached Lorien. There he found several eagles. He flew from there to Rivendell and Mirkwood. And then flew back to Lorien. He spoke to Galadriel. "The forces of Lorien must go quickly to Dale and Erebor. We will liberate the dwarves and men there , and perhaps gain more support, and then we shall go to Mirkwood where we will meet the forces of Mirkwood and Rivendell. Then we will ride, and march, to Gondor."
They rode through the night. The next afternoon as they neared Erebor and saw the smoke on the horizon, Fimbren sensed that the battle for Minas Tirith had also begun. Be Strong Mithrandir, we will stand together.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 01-20-2003 at 02:50 PM.
Old 01-20-2003, 03:59 PM   #172
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Sorry I have a hard time to post when it comes having a map right in front of you in order to beable to say something sinsible.

ic:I was to ride off to the Paths of the dead. I wanted Nargond to be by side.
"I wish for you to ride by my side my brother always." I whispered to him.
He smilled before nodding and we embraced. I booarded my horse but was stopped by the maiden Eowyn.
"I wish to come and follow you to the PATHS OF THE DEAD."
"no, you're people need you here." I said and before she could answer I rode off with Nargond by my side. WE disregarde the orcs and the battle that continued. Fimbren had gone of to seek help and I made my way to the paths off the dead with no knoledge if I should ever return.
Or of the young worrior maiden trailing us.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:21 PM   #173
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Like a shadow the Witch-King bore up on his steed, threatening to choke off all light. But the Phial seemed to throw out a light greater than the Sun. The Witch-King quailed and shrunk back. At last, driven off by the light, he took wing and fled from the battle.

The rest of the Orcs cringed and lost their morale but did not die. Gandalf led the riders in a charge into their ranks.

Sensing a battle far off, Gandalf wondered about Fimbren, Nargond, and Aragorn. But he had to put such thoughts out of his mind as a Southron took aim and launched a javelin just over his head and into the side of Snowmane, horse of Theoden. Snowmane gave a scream and toppled onto the ground.

Aure Entuleva!

Last edited by Beleg Strongbow : 01-22-2003 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:48 PM   #174
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren smashed into the ranks of the dwarves, elven bows singing behind him. He broke through right to the mountain and gathered the elves around him. A great shout went up from the mountain and the gates swung open. Dwarves and men swarmed out. Old Dain embraced Fimbren. "Brand is dead" he growled, "Poor boy, a wise king, yet so young." They turned and drove into the enemy. The battle was over in a few hours.
"Dain" said Fimbren, "Can you send as many men, and dwarves if they are willing, with us. We have some spare horses as do the men of Dale."
A few hours after that Fimbren set out with another 30 men and perhaps ten dwarves on horseback, as well as his slightly lessened army of elves, and they rode towards Mirkwood to meet up with the armys of Rivendell and Mirkwood.

By that evening they had reached the wood and were met by a force of 500 elves. Thranduil and Glorfindel met Fimbren. "Elrond sends his regards" said Glorfindel. He and the wariors of the remaining Gwaith-i-mirdain (Elven smiths of Celebrimbor's people)rode straight to Gondor, Erestor and Arwen remain in Rivendell as rulers for now." Thranduil smiled, "And I ride to battle again. Let us rest the night and then ride in the morning." "Not all will ride" replied Glorfindel, "Most of Thranduil's people will walk...run."

"Good", smiled Fimbren, "Let us rest". That night he looked over the camp, over 700 elves and forty dwarves and men. It was beautiful. He wnt to slep feeling refreshed.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 01-22-2003 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:06 PM   #175
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

The battle for Minas Tirith raged on.
Theoden was rolled on by his horse Snowmane.
(no time to post more)

Aure Entuleva!

Old 01-25-2003, 02:13 PM   #176
ArWeNuNdOmieL06
Sapling

Arwen Undomiel

((may I join you?))
*she travels with her people on the way to the shores..leaving to the Grey Havens..silent tears stream down her face as she worries for her Aragorn who is away in battle..her heart is torn..*
ArWeNuNdOmieL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 06:16 PM   #177
Fingolfin_1st
Elven Warrior

occ:can i join i shall bring an army of elves from valinor to aid against sauron.

Feanos gazed over the great sea towards middle-earth he could see that the darkness would soon consume the free peoples.
now in their time of need he would come with elves in what strenght he could muster.
he prepared the ships and elves orome the huntsman had armed the elves in glittering armour,with great bows and curved blades.
soon they would depart from the shores of valinor and to some would never return.

occ:i hope you dont mind me joining if you do just ignore my post but i figured that the witch-king could return with another host of orcs and trolls from mordor and the battle would go on.
Old 01-25-2003, 07:49 PM   #178
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: I am sorry but I cannot not find the paths of the dead on my map in so cannot not give a good post of how we get there.
Old 01-27-2003, 02:00 PM   #179
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

OOC: The two of you are certainly welcome to join. Go for it! The Paths of the Dead lead from Dunharrow to the Stone of Erech. They're in Southern Gondor. If you want you can skip that part and just attack Umbar with the Army of the Dead.

Aure Entuleva!

Old 01-27-2003, 07:05 PM   #180
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Quote:
Originally posted by Beleg Strongbow
OOC: The two of you are certainly welcome to join. Go for it! The Paths of the Dead lead from Dunharrow to the Stone of Erech. They're in Southern Gondor. If you want you can skip that part and just attack Umbar with the Army of the Dead.
ooc: Thankyou I will skip that part and go straight(sp) to the battle I guess. But right now I have run out of ideas and need some assistanc ewith my battle in Umbar. Yet how am I going to attack using the force of the dead if they are against us?