Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-16-2003, 11:17 AM   #141
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren stood. "I will go!"

He was striking in a deep green cloak hemmed with gold, his sword at his side and a golden circlet upon his head.

"By the Valar...I will help save this land."
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 02:32 PM   #142
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

"King and country, honor and glory! I shall defend this that in which I've always believed so strongly!" Iriana said proudly, drawing everybodys attention and leaving a questioning stare at most of the faces; -who was this new woman? To the eye she looked like nothing more than a helpless maiden of a mans houshold.

Glimdrell still sat firm though, determined to see who else would attain on this quest.

Finally all that would attain had arisen, only Glimdrell sat back, but still he lingered, had a feeling that he was somehow needed elsewhere. For a reason he did not understand his eyes locked with Aralle...
Old 09-16-2003, 03:10 PM   #143
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Tareod had risen to be part of this new quest, and so had Imarwyn albeit against his request. But he knew his sister well enough as not to try and stop her. Much to his surprise another woman had joined the group and she had done so with such zeal.

But while the unknown woman had joined, the Elf Glimdrell had surprised Tareod by remaining seated. He noticed Glimdrell was looking at Aralle who also hadn't risen.

Tareod could not begin to guess at their reasons but he suspected there was more at work than the plan to enter the Shadowhand's stronghold.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:23 AM   #144
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Mal and Elise had also risen to their feet.

"I thank you," Vahatres said. "Now, please be seated, again."

They did, leaving the king standing, once again.

"Aralle, you may have noticed, did not rise with the rest of you. Last night, she saw a vision. She was told by the Valar that Hruad and Dolais have been captured by the enemy. She is going to go, and is going to attempt to rescue them.

"They originally left us on my orders, to meet with the governors of the regions of Enedwaith. Their power has been tied though, as they have given their military leaders authority to choose whether or not to join the Shadowhand. The Shadowhand is holding a council of Enedwaith. Hruad and Dolais, I have recently been informed, were attempting to penetrate that council when they were captured.

"If this council goes as Dagankor desires it to, he will succeed in snatching most of the military forces of Enedwaith into his hand, and having their assistance. Combined with the might of the Shadowhand, his armies would then be nigh invincible.

"So they must be rescued. If it is possible for us to get a voice of truth in the council, before it closes, then that would be greatly useful.

"Those of you that have decided to join this quest to the castle may want to consider this other quest.

"Tareod or Imarwyn, I specifically speak to both of you, when I say this."

They looked at him, startled.

Vahatres' lips curved into a slight smile. "A voice, a representative from Rohan could be very useful in that council. You are outsiders to this land, without motive for betrayal. Therefore your evidence will be given more credence than would that of Hruad, or that of people who were previously publicly denounced as traitors. If the voice of someone from Rohan could be heard in the council, as you describe what you saw, more might believe than would have otherwise.

"This does not require both of you, but just one. This mission requires more stealth and skill than it does combat ability, for if it comes to a fight and the enemy can bring its force to bear on the rescue operation, it will be doomed."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 11:14 AM   #145
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren rose and bowed. "My king...while on the subject of Rohan..."

The king frowned.

Fimbren quickly said, "I know we have discussed this, but...could I not send an eagle to Eomer and Aragorn. As we said, perhaps Cavalry could arrive, even from Gondor, in time. Remember, the Rohirrim arrived late at the Pellennor fields and yet still turned the tide."

Vahatres nooded, "You have contact with the eagles?"

Fimbren "A little"

Vahatres smiled, "Speed is our friend."

Fimbren "There's only one eagle nearby, he is called Thorondor, after the eagle king of the first age...and a prophecy has told him that when there is war in Enedwaith, he will face his final foe, so he must return after delivering our message, and fight if need be."

The council was suprised at this, but Vahatres was pleased. "An eagle" he mused.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 10-17-2005 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:13 PM   #146
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Glimdrell was about to rise from his seat when Fimbren announced his eagel-friend. He sat back patiently, letting the ancient elf finish his news. This filled Glimdrell with renewed hope as well, and again reminded him of the serious quest they were all about to face.

"An eagel..." Vahatres mused. Glimdrell looked to Aralle again. She was about to go onto a mission to rescue Hruad and Dolais, but alone? He started rising again.

"King Vahatres. May I ask if Aralle is to walk into her perill alone? If this is indeed the shadowhand, which all suspicions directly leads to, then even she would walk against hard odds... I have this feeling, this tingle in my heart. I feel as though I should acompany her. I believe that is why I didn't stand up before."
Old 09-17-2003, 03:54 PM   #147
Earniel

During Fimbren's and Glimdrell's intermission, Tareod and Imarwyn had a little time to discuss the King's words between themselves. They spoke softly and fast in their native tongue.

"We'll have to split up in this case." said Tareod.

"True. But this may just be the opportunity I was looking for to do what I can to help."

"It will be dangerous to get in the council." he pointed out again.

"Both roads hold danger equally. But we are not alone in this."

"We're decided then?"

His sister nodded "We are."

They turned their attention again on the meeting. As soon as there was a pauze in the conversation, Imarwyn stepped forward and said "I will speak at the council and do anything in my power to stop the Shadowhand taking control over Enedwaith's militairy."
Old 09-18-2003, 04:48 AM   #148
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

"My thanks, Imarwyn and Glimdrell," Vahatres said. "Then the two of you will accompany Aralle on this quest. Good luck."

He looked again at Fimbren. "And you will have to contact this eagle quickly, if you are to do so before you set out with your comrades. This afternoon, the companies should set forth. In secret, for only within secrecy can either mission have a hope of success."
Old 09-18-2003, 11:38 AM   #149
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC: Okay guys, as we set off, after I contact Thorondor, I'm going to dissapear for a while. have a plan, and don't be shocked when Fimbren suddenly shows up again. But for now, continue the meeting.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:25 AM   #150
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

"I thank-you all, once again," Vahatres said, as the meeting ended. "I will leave the time of your departure up to Mal," he said, glancing at the man sitting beside him. "The second group may leave as soon as its participants are ready. May the blessings of the free folk of this kingdom go with you."

He took his seat, and conversation slowly began to open again, among the company members.

"We should leave this afternoon," Mal was saying. "The sooner the better, as far as I'm concerned. That should give us a little time to find suitable horses and provisions."

"I can help you there," Athalt offered.

"We need to leave before this afternoon," Aralle was saying to Imarwyn though, and to Glimdrell. The griffin's face was pale and tense. "We need to move soon, and fast. Ah . . . does anyone know where horses could be procured?"

A gust of wind blew suddenly among the company members, and they looked up in surprise as an eagle suddenly swooped down among them.

"My thanks, Thorondor," Fimbren said with a smile. "You respond quickly, to my call. I was wondering if you would help us, by sending this message to King Eomer of Rohan . . ."
Old 09-19-2003, 11:05 AM   #151
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Thorondor's great golden eyes regarded the elf. "Has war come at last old friend" it said, it's voice was deep and sonorous.
Fimbren nodded slowly.
"As I thought" said the eagle.
Fimbren, "We need the Rohirrim and Gondorians, can you go to them?"
Thorondor gave the closest thing that he could to a smile "Of course! But then I will return...you know..."
Fimbren nodded again. "I know. Thank you friend."
Thorondor took off and disappeared over the horizon quickly.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 10-17-2005 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:33 AM   #152
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Glimdrell stood up from his chair and followed the rest of the fellowship out from the halls when Iriana came up to him.

"So you chose to go with the griffin..." her voice seemed to hold a hidden grin of disapointment. "Yes, a voice in my head, or a feeling came to me... it is the right thing to do, it is my path."

Iriana nodded and patted the elf friendly on the shoulder. "I wish you good luck then and welcome the song into your mind... it may come when you'd last expect!"

Iriana was about to walk away, but Glimdrell staggered her. "What is this song you speech of? It has lost me in contemplation for too long not to know!"

"It is a state of the mind that can not be taught nor explained, you need to experience it yourself. If you hear it, then let it come to you... do not fight it back!"

Glimdrell could only shrug. Why would a song come to his mind now? He had lived for many ages, why would it suddenly apear now?

"Ofcurse," Iriana added. "It does not welcome many... but you may be one of the chosen, I have a strange tingle inside of me as I behold your presence, a sign I can not take for granted!"

Glimdrell nodded, feelings one couldn't explain was often wisest to listen to. "Good luck to you as well, fair maiden." The elf added as they shared a last eye contact and parted.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:36 AM   #153
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Could someone post a list of whose going where please? For those of us who are dumb

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 10-17-2005 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-20-2003, 05:14 PM   #154
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

"Here you are," Athalt said, pulling open one of a pair of double doors. Light poured into the darkened room, and Mal followed him inside.

"Weapons, for your company. Whatever your men need, whatever you choose to use, are here."

The light fell upon long racks of swords. Most of them were very similar to each other, but there were a few of separate make. A small pile of five elf blades were in a corner. Long lines of spears covered another wall, with a battle axe between each one.

"This is one of the three weapon rooms of this tower," Athalt said. "Whatever you may need, you should find it here.

"Now, let us continue. It would be useful for you to select out the kinds and amounts of supplies you'll need to reach your destination."

Aralle motioned her two comrades to follow her. Her body was tense with a sense of urgency, and Glimdrell and Imarwyn could see it.

"Come," she said. "Glimdrell, I can see you're armed. I'm taking this bow and arrows.

"Are you any good with weapons, Imarwyn?"
Old 09-21-2003, 08:12 AM   #155
Earniel

"I prefer these two daggers," replied Imarwyn as she drew her daggers to show to Aralle. "Though I have had sufficient training in fighting with spears as well in Rohan."
Old 09-22-2003, 01:19 AM   #156
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

"The daggers should be fine," Aralle said. "At least they're inconspicuous. Well then, let's be off."

"Wait, we have to have supplies," Imarwyn said, practically.

"I got some together last night. I wasn't able to sleep, and wanted us to be able to leave as soon as possible.

"Imarwyn and Glimdrell, can you get our horses while I get the packs? I'll meet you at the citadel gate."

"We'll do that."

"Thanks," Aralle said. Then, without another backward glance, she hurried back around the corridor toward their rooms.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 09-22-2003 at 01:22 AM.
Old 09-22-2003, 09:57 AM   #157
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

"She seems nervous..." Glimdrell said, looking after the departing griffin. "I have never seen her like this before, I wonder the reason."

Imarwyn only nodded.

They left for the stables, a place where the rohiric woman had made "friends" last time she set out from this city.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:54 PM   #158
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

The preperations were made. The moment of departure was approaching, and as Malagar surveyed his company, all seemed in readiness.

They stood, mounted and ready to ride out, armed with weaponry and provisions. Malagar's own horse pranced beneath him, filled with energy, while he sat upon it motionless, as though carved from rock.

"Many of you are warriors, trained to fight and trained to win. All of you have gone through dangerous battles, and faced death in one form or another. All of you are aware of the danger we ride into, and go willingly."

Turning his horse, he glanced to the west, to the direction they would travel. "But it is not warriors that I will need. Oh, there will be battle to be sure, when we go to disrupt their dark magics. But no matter how strong we are, we cannot hope to stand alone against the Shadowhand's full might. What we need now... is stealth, stealth and silence."

Glancing back at his company, he smiles. "I have full confidence that you are adept in this as well. But be warned... our mission depends upon our secrecy. Only with surprise will we accomplish our goal, and once it is done, we will flee for safety. Do not worry about heroics or glory."

"Worry only about success... and survival."
Old 09-23-2003, 12:33 PM   #159
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC: Who am i with?
Old 09-23-2003, 02:46 PM   #160
Earniel

OOC: Arat-Falathion answered your question in the discussion thread, Finrod.

IC:

The horses in the stables seemed to have caught the nervous atmosphere. Many of them were restless and Merrah, Imarwyn's own horse, not the least. The mare clearly itched to travel again.

Glimdrell and Imarwyn quickly made their horses ready for the trip. They also saddled a horse for Aralle. And soon they stood with the three horses at the citadel gate waiting for Aralle with the promissed supplies.