Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-16-2002, 11:23 PM   #141
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Coney - don't you get the special gift set in England?
If we do I havn't seen them yet .......... anyone from the UK spotted them?

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 11:38 PM   #142
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Cirdan
I just got back from the store where they were selling LotR kites. I found no LotR toilet brushes, though.*sigh*
Hey, I have LotR kite! (Really, I do)

I don't know if the Gift Set is being released in England, but I know that the MTV Council of Rivendell spoof is not in the British edition of the DVD. Something about keeping the rating down...

I was watching the gift-giving scene today and something bothered me. I couldn't figure out what it was, but then I realized: What happened to Boromir's gift? Everyone else got one. Did I miss something?

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 11:55 PM   #143
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

LOTR merchandise...

My sister got a LOTR showbag at the Melbourne Show a month or so ago - it had an imitation One Ring, Sting and Hobbit-sized Cloak. The last two were dodgy but the Ring was pretty good. I'd expected it'd be plastic or something but it was actual metal and engraved nicely too.
Oops - this is kinda off-topic. Sorry!
Lanelf.

Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums!

You'll never shut down the real Napster
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 12:01 AM   #144
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Quote:
Originally posted by scott100
I think girls should be banned from this site if they can't stop having imaginary sex with Strider. And any lads also, for that matter. I'm sick of hearing about it!!!!
It's not imaginary.
Old 11-17-2002, 12:02 AM   #145
olsonm
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
How can you NOT find the concept of Argonath bookends tacky? They're bookends for a start. *shrug* I just find the idea of LOTR merchandise somewhat abhorrid.
That's why you thought they were tacky? Oh, OK then. I was beginning to think you had a good reason for thinking that. O:-)
Old 11-17-2002, 12:11 AM   #146
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

Quote:
*mental image of stirring toilet water with Frodo...* Eep!
Aargh!

But hey, at least he's got the hair for it.
Lanelf.

Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums!

You'll never shut down the real Napster
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 12:44 AM   #147
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanelf
Aargh!

Lanelf.
Eeeewww!
Old 11-17-2002, 12:48 AM   #148
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanelf
Aargh!

Lanelf.
Yup nothing like a hairy foot for tackling that awkward U-bend

Goodnight, said Zebedee

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 03:27 AM   #149
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
They had tons at the Best Buy near me. Weren't they released worldwide at the same time? They had two full displays for Star Wars too.
I guess not. The reason they started showing a lot of stuff here early or at least in time with the rest of the world was so people wouldn't have to resort to buying bootlegged copies. I guess the video store owners here didn't have the same foresight as the theatres.

If I get tempted to get the Argonath bookends, I'd probably take a picture of them placed on both ends of a stream near the house. Stuff I should have been doing 25 yrs ago....

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 03:45 AM   #150
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Nazgul

Quote:
Originally posted by Arathorn
If I get tempted to get the Argonath bookends, I'd probably take a picture of them placed on both ends of a stream near the house. Stuff I should have been doing 25 yrs ago....
That sounds cool - I should try that. T

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 05:47 PM   #151
azalea
Long lost mooter

Ah, I finally get to post! I got the dvd a few days ago, but just got my computer hooked up. I LOVED it -- I also think most of what was put in should have been in the original, especially the part where Boromir and Aragorn introduce themselves. That was really needed. I liked all of the additions (except for the gassy lembas part -- but I could have sworn it was a burp when I saw it), but I can see why the Concerning Hobbits part was left out, since there had just been a whole history of the ring. The masses would have just been confused IMO. I loved the elves, the extended Lorien scenes, a lot of the little extras. I can't wait to watch it w/ the commentaries. And I am so happy to already have my ticket to TTT!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 08:18 PM   #152
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
Sam Gamgee Disgusted

Yeah went to target friday. LOTR Risk and Chess. Along with figurines. I hope they dont turn this into Harry Potter. Wait, they have.
Old 11-17-2002, 09:06 PM   #153
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally posted by cassiopeia
Perhaps someone has mentioned this, but what is with Aragorn saying he never wanted to be king? And I still don't understand why Aragorn hit the pillow (I have given this matter a lot of thought). PJ what have you done to my Aragorn?
Yeah, the whole wimpy Aragorn thing is what bugs me the most. I just ignore those parts in the movie.

And I guess you haven't slept in close proximity with a snorer for any length of time! That look that Aragorn gives Gimli before the pillow smack is absolutely perfect (OMGOSH, not AGAIN!) Remember that by Lorien, they have spent many nights sleeping close to each other. I can't stand allergy season when my hubby snores. If he doesn't stop by the third "please turn over on your side, honey!" then I just grab my pillow and move to the study! (if you hit the pillow or ask them to turn on their side, sometimes that stops the snoring cycle).

I can't stand the silly wizard fight scene either, JerseyDevil - what's with the spin cycle thing? Thank goodness for fast-forward!

And I think it's a burp - that's why his hand is over his mouth. He doesn't do the Blazing Saddles campfire thing!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 11-17-2002 at 09:08 PM.
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 11:40 PM   #154
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Something I mentioned earlier, but got lost in the rest of my post: What happened to Boromir's gift? He was there when they got the cloaks, but what about his gift? Did I miss something?

Oh yeah, I think Pippin's little release is a burp too.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 11:51 PM   #155
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Quote:
Originally posted by Khamûl
Something I mentioned earlier, but got lost in the rest of my post: What happened to Boromir's gift? He was there when they got the cloaks, but what about his gift? Did I miss something?

Oh yeah, I think Pippin's little release is a burp too.
Maybe because Boromir was going to die they didn't bother giving him a gift. I'm pretty sure Pippin burped, they were talking about eating, unless lembas are known for giving you, er, wind.
Old 11-18-2002, 01:08 AM   #156
BeardofPants
the Shrike

It was definately a burp... the subtitles said so.

(I can't believe we're debating whether he burped or farted...)
Old 11-18-2002, 01:13 AM   #157
Eowyn of Rohan
Enting

Now, do you think one of those daggers will end up in the Witch King's knee?

Quote:
Originally posted by viggosbeard
only if he lends it to Arwen -
ROTFLMAO

~ Eowyn killed the Witchking, not Merry. ~
Eowyn of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 01:16 AM   #158
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I can! And I am very relieved to know it was a burp! So the subtitle just said "BURP", huh....I'll have to watch with subtitles sometime!
Old 11-18-2002, 01:21 AM   #159
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Ah, well, when you're as deaf as I can be, those subtitles can come in handy. (Actually, it's more my completely inability to take in those small details, rather than any hearing problem I have... )
Old 11-18-2002, 01:30 AM   #160
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Oh, that's funny! I'll have to turn the subtitles on. Does it say *snore* when Gimli snores?

Yes, I noticed the absence of Boromir's gift, too. I wondered about that... why in the world didn't they show it? It makes Galadriel and Celeborn seem pretty mean - oh, that's not quite the word I want, what is it? shallow? snobbish?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote