Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 01:01 PM   #101
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
sorry SGH. My post does have to do with theoden though, so dont close the thread.
Your post is not completely off topic. Talking about Grima, who was the total influence over Theoden and comparing events related to it between book and movie is on topic.

One thing I wonder though about Grima in book and movie: how much power or influence did Saruman have over him? Was it in a way Saruman that was indirectly corrupting Theoden through Grima, or was it just Grima's own abilities?

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 10-24-2003, 01:07 PM   #102
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Both, I think.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 10-24-2003, 01:16 PM   #103
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
Seems to me that you are still off topic. I only replied to already off topic remarks, that you, for one took there. I admitted I was off topic and I also attempted to get the thread back on topic. I suggest you do the same. Do not reply to my remarks here. If you wish to say anymore to me, I suggest a PM.
Sister Golden Hair wants it both ways. She wants the right to have the last off-topic word AND act like she's the mature, responsible administrator. If she was really interested in no more off topic discussions, she would have noticed my last post to this thread was about Theoden and let the whole stupid thing drop. But she couldn't resist one last off-topic jab at me. If she wants to be taken seriously as a "Queen Administrator", I suggest she find something better to do with her time than posting her research findings on the number of posts I have to the various forums here.

Now that I've gotten Sister Golden Hair's off-topic response out of my system, this little peon poster will return to the topic:

Wormtongue was nothing more than a Saruman lackey. Gandalf made it clear in the books and the movies that Grima was beneath his concern. He was simply a flea he had to brush out of the way. So jerseydevil's notion that Gandalf needed his staff in order to dispense with Wormtongue is highly debateable.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:20 PM   #104
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Sister Golden Hair wants it both ways. She wants the right to have the last off-topic word AND act like she's the mature, responsible administrator. If she was really interested in no more off topic discussions, she would have noticed my last post to this thread was about Theoden and let the whole stupid thing drop. But she couldn't resist one last off-topic jab at me. If she wants to be taken seriously as a "Queen Administrator", I suggest she find something better to do with her time than posting her research findings on the number of posts I have to the various forums here.

Now that I've gotten Sister Golden Hair's off-topic response out of my system, this little peon poster will return to the topic:
You just don't learn, do you? I suggest you go to GMs and read Entmoot's rules.

Closing.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Closed Thread