Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2006, 02:49 PM   #101
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
What type of book would you write?
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 06:45 PM   #102
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalewia
How did you know?!
Don't ask. I just know.
And no, I haven't been conversing with Amys and co...before you ask.

A little random tidbit...I'm actually planning about ten or so novels right now...how many is everyone else planning?
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 02:47 PM   #103
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
I'd be happy even if i could write one succesful novel.
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 05:34 PM   #104
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curubethion
Don't ask. I just know.

Quote:
A little random tidbit...I'm actually planning about ten or so novels right now...how many is everyone else planning?
I'm writing two right now. ummm..... i think about 11. I don't have the paper I wrote them down on right in front of me.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 05:44 PM   #105
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

Quote:
Three.

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 06:12 PM   #106
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

It usually amazes me how easily people can say already how many books they want to write. I never plan those things, if I have an idea (and time!) I think it out and write it; if it has potential for a sequel, I write that later.

Writing something, say even the length of a series like Pratchett's Bromeliad trilogy or LoTR is quite beyond me.

But then again, short stories like mine never have to be cut up to fit into books. And I will most likely never face the problem of deciding whether I'll put Shelob at the end of book 4 or whether I'll keep Her for later.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:17 PM   #107
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
I've got life goals planned . At least one Atharon book, at least two historical fiction books, and at least one fantasy series . Hopefully more of each genre, Atharon, historical fiction and my personal fantasy series.

But I'm with Eärniel about plotting the content being tricky. It keeps changing! You might write out a brilliant plot and then find out that the characters have other plans .
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:39 PM   #108
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
But I'm with Eärniel about plotting the content being tricky. It keeps changing! You might write out a brilliant plot and then find out that the characters have other plans .
I do that. I'm going to write a prequel to one of my stories, but I'm going to finish said story first so I know 'what's going to happen'.
Quote:
Let's see... I'm planning on writing 4 novels right now.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:46 PM   #109
Menelanna
Sapling

Okay, there's no way I'm going to read all the way through this thread.. so i thought i'd jump right to the end lol (Especially since the topic interests me!) I've already had one book published, and it was the beginning of a trilogy. Not sure how many novels i'm going to write after that. We'll just have to wait and find out. But I know that this trilogy is just the beginning.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:46 AM   #110
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
So much for former chapter eight...It would be chapter three by now, but anyway...
for me its... chapter 2, 8, and 9....which is really annoying...now i dont now how the story goes...i guess i have to rewrite.. which is totally frustrating

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Tamuril Sirfalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:48 AM   #111
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenLover
Have you ever written a beginning to a story then can't finish it because something comes up so that when you go back to it you cant remember and it is just there?
Does that even make sense?
OH YEAH...ive done that before (sigh) when mothers says....FINISH THE DISHES!!! and you are like nooooooo!!! im writing a story but they really dont care

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Old 04-10-2006, 11:50 AM   #112
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Don't ask. I just know.

im planning on 2 novels and a poetry book...i could publish that now...but i have more poems everyday...i get so inspired

Old 04-10-2006, 11:52 AM   #113
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

dont you hate it when you are so inspired and you are writing it all down and then your mother comes in to see you not doing your homework, takes it away for a week and then all your ideas are dashed...and then you are really frustrated?????

Old 04-10-2006, 03:12 PM   #114
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menelanna
Okay, there's no way I'm going to read all the way through this thread.. so i thought i'd jump right to the end lol (Especially since the topic interests me!) I've already had one book published, and it was the beginning of a trilogy. Not sure how many novels i'm going to write after that. We'll just have to wait and find out. But I know that this trilogy is just the beginning.
You have a book published? What is it called?

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:39 PM   #115
ElvenLover
Elven Warrior

Location: I'm living in the only place teenagers are neither adults nor children, where we are free from the expectations of the world. This place is the insanity of our minds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamuril Sirfalas
dont you hate it when you are so inspired and you are writing it all down and then your mother comes in to see you not doing your homework, takes it away for a week and then all your ideas are dashed...and then you are really frustrated?????
I know just the feeling. I have a pile of papers that are just beginnings to stories, but I can't finish them because I can't remember where I was going when I wrote the thing in the first place.
If you were working on a computer, have you ever tried to save what you had then had it all erased because your mom didn't realize she was deleating something of yours? or the computer choose that time to be a dork?
Very upsetting.

I'VE GOT A LOVELY BUNCH OF COCONUTS,
THERE THEY ARE ALL STANDING IN A ROW.
BIG ONES, SMALL ONES, SOME AS BIG AS YOUR HEAD,
GIVE THEM A TWIST, A FLICK OF THE WRIST,
THAT'S WHAT THE SHOWMAN SAID.

ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH.
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH.
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
SINGING ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH!
ElvenLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #116
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
If you were working on a computer, have you ever tried to save what you had then had it all erased because your mom didn't realize she was deleating something of yours? or the computer choose that time to be a dork?
Very upsetting.
I had a disk mess up that had one of my stories I was writing for a contest. Halfway through the story and a week before deadline, said disk decides to be an ass.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:12 PM   #117
Menelanna
Sapling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriadoc Brandybuck
You have a book published? What is it called?
Only one book published thus far, and it was way easier than I thought it would be. The book is titled AMY and was really poorly done.. by a publisher called PublishAmerica. It wasn't anything great, but a good way to get my foot in the door I guess, and to prove to myself that I can do it.

Its actually a book that I wrote my sophmore year of highschool but got it published two years ago on Valentines day (I think it was two years ago).. anyway, its a teenage thriller. You can probably still find it on Amazon.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:13 PM   #118
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

Quote:
I know just the feeling. I have a pile of papers that are just beginnings to stories, but I can't finish them because I can't remember where I was going when I wrote the thing in the first place.
Very upsetting.
OH YES! i remember that one...i had one novels i was working on that was 30 pages long and my mum deleted it...luckly i have it all down on paper

Old 04-19-2006, 08:58 PM   #119
ElvenLover
Elven Warrior

Location: I'm living in the only place teenagers are neither adults nor children, where we are free from the expectations of the world. This place is the insanity of our minds.
I always have half my stories on paper and the other half on the computer. I all depends on where I am when I get and idea, so my stuff is not always safe from screwing up.

Has anyone here heard of Noble House? They are supposed to be publishing my stuff.

Menelanna, I love your avatar. One of my best friends is nicknamed Tinkerbell.

I'VE GOT A LOVELY BUNCH OF COCONUTS,
THERE THEY ARE ALL STANDING IN A ROW.
BIG ONES, SMALL ONES, SOME AS BIG AS YOUR HEAD,
GIVE THEM A TWIST, A FLICK OF THE WRIST,
THAT'S WHAT THE SHOWMAN SAID.

ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH.
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH.
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
SINGING ROLL-A-BOWL-A-BALL,
A PENNY A PITCH!
ElvenLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:04 PM   #120
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menelanna
Only one book published thus far, and it was way easier than I thought it would be. The book is titled AMY and was really poorly done.. by a publisher called PublishAmerica. It wasn't anything great, but a good way to get my foot in the door I guess, and to prove to myself that I can do it.

Its actually a book that I wrote my sophmore year of highschool but got it published two years ago on Valentines day (I think it was two years ago).. anyway, its a teenage thriller. You can probably still find it on Amazon.
According to Amazon.com, you have several movies made of it as well

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote