Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-16-2006, 01:37 PM   #81
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
I cannot dialogue with those whose viewpoint is so skewed by hatred. Perhaps when the Chinese or N. Koreans launch one of those surface to surface missles they've been installing that point towards home you'll feel a bit differently.
Listen you, I hate no one (well, I guess I hate your guts-not you though
).

I speak in facts ok, you want to talk about the rumsfeld video now or you want to continue to dance. You most be in denial. Or could it be worse....

Ecclesiasticus 2:1-5
1 My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation...
...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
The Telcontarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:51 AM   #82
GreyMouser
Elven Warrior

On somewhat of a tangent, just like to point out that the Israeli Army has openly accepted gays since 1983; total equality of service since 1993- hmmmm....hasn't seemed to be particularly damaging to their combat effectiveness.
GreyMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:58 AM   #83
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyMouser
On somewhat of a tangent, just like to point out that the Israeli Army has openly accepted gays since 1983; total equality of service since 1993- hmmmm....hasn't seemed to be particularly damaging to their combat effectiveness.
How do you feel about the rumsfeld video I posted here in this thread GreyMouser.

...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
Old 07-17-2006, 10:58 AM   #84
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Indeed!

Remember Thermopoli.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:08 PM   #85
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Hmm...have you guys read Cal Thomas' column for today?

This is serious. I think Israel has every right to go after 'em though. They (Lebanon et al) were backstabbing the diplomacy all along.

As GrayMouser has posted our suspicions already, I can only agree: Iran is the hand behind the not very dark curtain.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:26 PM   #86
The Telcontarion

I think you are very wrong hectorberlioz; dangerously so. Iran has nothing to gain and everything to loose. They donot even have the capability to make weapons of mass dstruction.

Old 07-18-2006, 07:06 PM   #87
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

What a crock! Iran has admitted they have nuclear capability and are continuing to gain more at over a dozen sites within the country.
As for gain/lose, they want the middle east to be an Islamic Republic with a return of the Caliph and to be governed under Shari'a.
This has been and still is their position as expressed by their leaders.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:28 PM   #88
The Telcontarion

ludicris!!!

Old 07-18-2006, 09:53 PM   #89
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Mandates of the League of Nations were supposed to allow Palestine statehood. But, gee, it was not to be, since the Brits decided to relocate the displaced persons and survivors from the death camps in that territory. That, if anyone really cares, is why the Arabs want to eliminate Israel. They keep going back to the mandates. They want a Palestinian state. They won't believe they are truly independent until they see a Palestinian representative in the UN.

I have a friend who makes this all clear to me, since he has no country. He's really a nice guy. Not a terrorist at all, though there are those who think he is the minute he says where he was born.
Elfhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:06 AM   #90
The Telcontarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfhelm
Mandates of the League of Nations were supposed to allow Palestine statehood. But, gee, it was not to be, since the Brits decided to relocate the displaced persons and survivors from the death camps in that territory. That, if anyone really cares, is why the Arabs want to eliminate Israel. They keep going back to the mandates. They want a Palestinian state. They won't believe they are truly independent until they see a Palestinian representative in the UN.

I have a friend who makes this all clear to me, since he has no country. He's really a nice guy. Not a terrorist at all, though there are those who think he is the minute he says where he was born.
I agree that this is their ligetimate gripe with the whole israel issue. But I still believe that what is going on is simply orchestrated. Everyone is just programmed to see these people as crazed fanatics that just want to kill people they have disagreements with. They are people like you and me, if you wouldn't why would they. Ridiculous.

Old 07-19-2006, 01:16 AM   #91
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Are you asking why a desperate man would perform a suicide bombing? Or are you saying they are not really doing suicide bombings? Look up the word "Fedayeen". Better yet, here's the wiki page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedayeen
Old 07-19-2006, 01:26 AM   #92
The Telcontarion

That's what I am sayin; dude, they are not doing suicide bombings.

Old 07-19-2006, 09:09 AM   #93
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Yes they are.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:22 AM   #94
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
The root of this problem is the eternal hatred between some jews and muslims. It has been going for thousands of years and what is ludicrous is that people actually believe that they are going to able to solve it in a few decades or years even.

We can not take away what has been festering for ages. It is unremovable. The factions of Muslims and Jews who want to continue this conflict are in majority, unfortunately. "Love Thy Neighbour" as it says in the Bible is a concept that actualy can be found in the Koran as well, so they really ought to be reading their scriptures a little better.

And if these people really wanted peace they would work on it and not force their hatred and violence on the rest of the world in constant repetition on tv, radio and in the newspapers.

I am truly sick of it all.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 07-19-2006 at 10:24 AM.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:34 AM   #95
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Nice to find another quiet voice in the wilderness of sanity. Thanks GW.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:40 AM   #96
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Yeah, this issue is among the most talked about in Sweden. Bla, bla, bla, bla day out and day in. And mostly one way, that is on the side of the Palestines due to there being so many of them in Sweden.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:43 AM   #97
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

What consistently amazes me is the Muslims/Palestinians, whatever, who migrate to a country but do not want to assimilate and honor that countries laws. It's like a cancer eating away at the state from within.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:18 PM   #98
Landroval
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
What consistently amazes me is the Muslims/Palestinians, whatever, who migrate to a country but do not want to assimilate and honor that countries laws. It's like a cancer eating away at the state from within.
For me, that is one of the wildest exagerations I read on this site. At least for my country, it is not true; what examples did you have in mind?
Landroval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:20 PM   #99
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

In Sweden there is a rabid fear of upsetting the foreigners to the point of being absurd.ยด

In some schools they are not celebrating the National Day because that might upset the foreigners.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 07-19-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:25 PM   #100
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroval
For me, that is one of the wildest exagerations I read on this site. At least for my country, it is not true; what examples did you have in mind?
Without trying to be snide; you must have a good comprehension of English to understand my posts.

9/11, 7/11, etc. etc. London, Canada, Miami.......all were perpetrated by those living within the country and not willing to embrace the very ideals that the country had.
Likewise, in Europe and Scandanavia the biggest problem (see above for confirmation) is the extensive immigration of Muslims and their refusal to obey the laws of the country that took them in. In fact in some countries their spokespeople have already said they would not obey anything other than Islamic law.

That practice eats away at the social fabric and thus the entire society of the country.

Last edited by Spock : 07-19-2006 at 01:26 PM.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote