Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-19-2003, 07:56 PM   #81
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

Samat, whose manners had improved greatly during the last week, consented to be groomed, and tacked up. Gola put a martingale on him just to be safe, and they both proceded (with skittish steps) through the stable doors. Samat tried to scrape Golana off on the door frame, but she just made herself skinny and squeaked past before he could squash her. After that one transparent bit of disobedience (just to remind Gola of who was boss), he settled down and allowed her to load him.
unicorn14br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 07:58 PM   #82
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

Trudging down the steps from the attic room she shared with her sisters, Gola poked silver pieces into her belt-purse, satisfied that she had enough for any emergencies, with extra left over. She couldn't think of any way to explain the practice sword and shield, but her mother said nothing, because she knew that Gola was taking it as part of her disguise (that was part of her reason), and approved. "Enjoy the ride as much as you can, my dear, for I do not know when next the country will be safe for such a ride nor when it will be so pretty. Take care of yourself and Aunt Renal. Keep an eye on Merik with that horse!"
Old 04-19-2003, 08:00 PM   #83
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

Samat sniffed lovingly at Oleanal's apron and lipped her over-dress. "Away with you beastie! Shoo!" cried Gola's mother, flapping her hands and scolding him away, but she smoothed his neck when he removed his nose. "I really am quite fond of you..." she told him, then,"the farm will be quiet without you both to keep me busy! Speed your return. Travel well, my loves!"
Old 04-19-2003, 08:04 PM   #84
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

Daughter and her mother embraced strongly, not knowing how long it would be until they saw each other next. Then Gola mounted, pretending not to notice her mother's watery eyes. Her mother laughed a little as she wiped them, and Golana bent down from Samat's back for a last kiss from her mother, saying "I love you, Mama. Take care of the little ones, and don't fret! I shall be back soon, and with my Oneska, and all will be well, I hope. Mayhap, I'll even bring Merik back! Be cheerful and of good heart, we shall see each other soon! May you be blest with safety and health! Good-bye!"
She wheeled Samat and rode him out of the quiet courtyard, and into the fields beyond.
ooc: actually, i have no idea what color a medlar flower REALLY is... lol, and now that i'm of the status "elven warrior" i had to celebrate by posting once more! Gola'll get to the training camp eventually
Old 04-20-2003, 05:28 PM   #85
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: I think I need to pm EVERYONE agian to remind them that they decidec to be apart of an rpg and should mean to post in it.
Thanks for not leaving Unicorn.

ic: A warm blue blankette was thrown over my back and I closed my eyes to sleep. Yet as dreams unrolled inmy mind and the softness of Faramir's touch was smoothing over my neck a cry of horror struck the midnight silence causing my eyes to open and my head to jolt up. Arrows flew from all directions and horsess started to struggle against their bonds to break free. Humans rushed to their aid and unteathered their companions. My human came and jumped onto my back and ghave a short kick. I stumbled off as the human drew out a sharp blade that I knew was a sighn of fighting and lost of noise.
My heart raced and my ears set back to listen to my humans voice for comfort or any sighn of death. The human swung the blade and hit an arrow flying towards the camp.
People fled to the woods some leaving their horses and others gathering the last of their stuff brfore an attack.
I wanted to go with them but instead was led towards the danger.
Towards a doom unseen.
Old 04-27-2003, 11:31 PM   #86
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

lol you're welcome... i'll be writing for a few days... gotta have some time to write something connecting to everything, but i'm still keeping up with Rohan. i'll post in the next few days or so! take care, you lot! happy writing!
Old 05-12-2003, 12:17 AM   #87
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

ooc: i hope there's someone who'll come back to read this!
ic: Gola was dressed simply in boys' clothes: breeches on top of woolen hose, and a grey tunic over a white, long-sleeved shirt. Boots, a lace-up jerkin, and a thick, homespun riding cloak completed the outfit. A small boot-knife and two small daggers were hidden in her clothing in accessible places; she had been practicing, and had gotten quite good at throwing them to hit a mark. Golana's long blond hair was concealed under the cloak hood, braided tightly about her head to reduce the risk of her becoming hampered and entangled, and also to mask her gender. The roads were not safe for a lone rider, and less so for a lone female, capable as she might be.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:23 AM   #88
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

Gola gloried in the freedom of the boys' clothes she wore; a wondrous three days without having to wear a dress once. Her thoughts clouded for a moment, thinking about Aunt Renal's reaction when she saw her niece in britches, but she dismissed the thought airily enough, concluding that she would find a stand of trees as close to Edoras as possible to change into a hated dress.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:35 AM   #89
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

The ride progressed well enough; Samat made good time, alternating between gaits, with Gola dismounting every two hours or so, stretching to keep from getting increasingly sore. By sunset, Samat was beginning to weary, and Gola began looking for a place to spend the night. A small but deep creek with a tiny grove of scrub trees presented the ideal location for a camp.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:44 AM   #90
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

Gola picketed Sam, and tiredly gathered kindling, piling it and and setting it alight, for the nights were still cold, before she went to refill her canteen at the stream. The stream was icy, being fed by mountain snow-melt, but it was alive with fish. Committing this to memory, the girl trudged back to her camp, resolving to try a spot of candle fishing. Whilst organizing herself, numerous useful items appeared out of her saddlebags. This included, among other things, a collapsible kettle and a short-handled shovel with which she promptly dug a much needed latrine trench. She carefully chose the spot downwind of her camp, where it was secluded and not close enough to the stream to contaminate the water. Then she lay out her sleeping roll, and sat upon it to polish Merrik's sword.
Old 05-13-2003, 07:35 PM   #91
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

hey! is there anyone out there who's going to reply? we're trying to meet up at the camp....or so i thought.... but it's bound to be a pretty deserted camp if no horses and riders are present. hurry up and write you lot, or i'll get samat to kick your tails til' they're blue! *samat raises a back hoof threateningly* i'm sure it would be his pleasure! i'l give you three days.... then i'll let him have at you! i can throw in the "good fairy" for good measure. ta-ta you goons!
Old 05-30-2003, 09:06 PM   #92
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

GHHAARRRGHH!!!

so much for three days! i've waited and waited...and not for my health! you all would try the patience of the Lord himself, and mine is at the miniscule end of that spectrum! samat now has the right to pound your miserable little hides into the ground and sit on you all! you too, sicirus, cuz you haven't been writing either! samat they're all yours! pound 'em really hard, til they're SO blue, you couldn't tell them from Smerfs! hope you lot enjoy this, but i don't. i'll go do something productive...mainly learn nasty ol' Zapateado by Sarasate.... i'll play until my fingertips are as black as you are blue!
guys, please write! for the last 11 posts of mine, only sicirus posted once!
Old 05-30-2003, 10:26 PM   #93
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel

ooc: I am sooo soo sorry, that I haven't replied in so long! *rubs rear* Ouch! (Ok, we'll wait for you at camp, Unicorn).

ic: The excitment had died down. My master was patting me, trying to calm me down. I kept on tossing my head. My ears where pricked, trying to hear the sound of ym frined. "Where is Cor? Where she? Is Cor okay?" I thought paniking. The one friend that had kept me calm was now missing. I tossed my head, looking around the camp. Not a single horse was firmiliar to me. I didn't care, a thte moment though. I just wanted ot know where my friend was, and what was happening.
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 11:09 AM   #94
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: It is rather hard to post when no one who is near you posts for long periods of time. *rubs behind*

ic: The human on my back kicked at my gray side and I ran off. I saw my friend from the field Wingmane riding in fear with her human watching the field for the enemy. I steered towards her ignoring the soldier on my back.
I whinned, telling her I was here. She turned to look at me and we both knew that we were to help the humans fight and maybe even die.

In the distance a new horse trotted down to meet the camp and a young rider was perched on her back. She seemed to be new at the tumans riding her and I was curious to know what she was doing here. I told Wingmane of the new horse and we both waited a second before our master decided to get out their swords and ride us towards the danger. Is aw the new horse do the same without even saying that they were there to the other humans. WE rode furiously towards the ugly wolf creatures and our master struck them with the force of millions yet the enemy seemed like two million on the back of the wolf creatures. The wolves snarled and barked at us biting our legs and causing us to bleed. My front leg bleed freely and I tried to bend down to lick it but was steered forward for another attack.

Wingmane's legs were also bleeding but she was determend to fight with all her strength. She kicked at the wolves and I followed her example almost throwing off my rider. I stoped there and found that the new horse was moving swiftly among the wolves avoiding their bites and alomost enjoying the challenge!

ooc: I am going to have some trouble posting for awhile because of final exams and a project I am working on (about Tolkien) so don't kick my butt agian. I have to use it to sit on those horribly plastic chairs at school.
Old 05-31-2003, 02:34 PM   #95
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel

ooc: Hey! I'm a boy! I will personally make sure that Unicorn doesn't kick yer butt.

ic: We weaved our way through the strange creatures. I saw one coming towards me, and I kicked at it with my left hind leg. it fell to the ground and my master shot at it, with an arrow. The creatures kept on coming. It seemed that for every one we killed 2 more came along. We continued to fight the creatures, when aventually, it seemed that the flow was broken and all the wargs that had come, where here. I glanced at Cor, and saw that she was still fighting. I looked around again, and saw the new horse. His legs where free from blood or ingury. He looked younge rthen most of the other horses here.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:42 PM   #96
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Sorry. (really your screen name got me confused)
Old 06-05-2003, 11:21 PM   #97
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

HUMPH!

ooc: it's about time that you lot got high behind and started writing... and Sir "Lady of Rohan", let me remind thee(ahem!):
A man has his will. A woman has her WAY.
any attempt to prove otherwise is HIGHLY unrecommended. should you attempt to protect sicirus, you shall only succeed in getting YOUR butt kicked as well! having two older sibs and a younger bloodthirsty sis has its uses....and none of them have kicked my butt in a LONG time. not all girls are soft and silly!
i must say that i enjoyed having samat take the beans to ya'll, though....but i'll get over it. hopefully, you shan't forget anytime soon! abligaboon to you!
Old 06-05-2003, 11:25 PM   #98
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

ic: It was a good sword, plain, but serviceably made. Golana ran practiced fingers over its length, testing the edge and brushing off invisible specks of dirt. She gave it a few more swipes with her cloth, then did some practice exercises. She swept it up, straining to keep the long blade steady in one hand, while she balanced on a stone. She flicked a leaf off of the tree above her, sliced the head off of a dandelion and flicked a stick into the fire (not causing any disturbance in the build of the blaze whatsoever), all in one movement. The leaf fluttered down to land in the fire, and the dandelion head curled almost lazily in an arc to land on the toe of her boot. Satisfied with her performance, she sheathed Merrik's---no, her blade.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:29 PM   #99
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

Then, bending down, Gola rummaged in a saddle bag, coming up with a candle. Musing for a moment, Gola also pulled out a flint and a pouch of tinder; she didn't feel like losing half of her candle and her hand while trying to light it from her campfire. Drawing the dagger from her boot, she struck sparks, catching a few in the tinder on her rock. Blowing gently, she lit the wick, sheltering it with her palm, and smothered the tinder before it could burn too much to use again. Sweeping the tinder back into her pouch, she stowed dagger, flint and bag away. Then she pulled out the folded, lose-woven mat she used for fishing, before heading off to the creek for some supper.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:48 PM   #100
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

ooc: No! I meant that my CHARACTER was male, not me!

ic: The day was growing old. The wargs and there riders where steadily growing fewer in numbers. I looked over at cor and saw that she was alright. My master signaled for me to turn around, and i obayed. I broke into a canter as i headed back to the camp. I could hear my rider shouting to some behind us. He felt more relaxed on my back now, then he did during the fight. By the way my master was relaxed I guessed that the worst was over.