Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-26-2002, 02:32 PM   #81
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Location: Pennsylvania, but I have a vacation home in the Westfarthing.
OOC: no idea where nargond is. He and aragorn are cousins.

Gandalf: Well, where would you prefer to go, Frodo and Sam?

Aure Entuleva!

John Kerry for President!
Beleg Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 04:56 PM   #82
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

Occ: as soon as you guys get to Edoras i will start to be Eowyn. Thank you for letting me join!!
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. - Dune
Ms. Undomial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 11:33 PM   #83
Allorien
Hobbit

Allorien felt relieved the moment she saw Frodo and Sam. She drew near to Fir and Legolas , hoping for the rest of them not to hear until her idea was for sure.
"Hey," she began, more addressing Legolas than Firglinwen. "I had a weird sort of deja-vu...When we found Frodo and Sam, it felt like it was what would happen with Merry and Pippin, you know, Frodo and Sam's friends from the shire...if we left Gimli and Nargond and Gandalf and all them. I think we should go find Merry and Pippin. I have a feeling they are in mortal peril... And we should take Frodo and Sam with us. I don't know.... ever since we left I have felt so weird!! All the visions, and that crazy eye..." She glanced at Legolas, who'd been hurt something bad by that last shock.
Old 09-27-2002, 07:41 AM   #84
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Legolas: I agree, Allorien... we certainly should. Besides I have a feeling about Fangorn... I think Gandalf and Fimbren know something we don't. Let's go.

Aure Entuleva!

Old 09-27-2002, 11:28 AM   #85
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren smiled "Very well, take the Halfings but Gandalf, Nargond and I will go to Edoras and then to Isengard. Beware Fangorn, it can be dangerous but...you should be safe, don't lay axe to the trees Gimli!"
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 12:57 PM   #86
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Gandalf: Yes, that is indeed good advice Gimli. All of you: be sure that you do not harm the trees, nor gather standing wood. Good luck, and may our paths meet again at Isengard!

And with that, Gandalf swung up upon Shadowfax and was gone. Fimbren and Nargond followed him.

Aure Entuleva!

Old 09-27-2002, 05:47 PM   #87
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

Arwen Undomiel

ooc: do we know that Fimbren is Finrod
Sauron: "Finrod, come to me you would be mighty in my service, you would crush the week mortals who betreyed the elves that fateful day so long ago..."
Old 09-27-2002, 08:38 PM   #88
Helix
Elven Warrior

Frodo: What about the ring? Are we going to leave it in his foul hands? We must destroy it! The quest has not completely failed yet, though I fear that it soon may.
Old 09-28-2002, 09:16 AM   #89
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

Arwen Undomiel

"I agree with Frodo we must destroy the Ring though we do not know the way." I said as I went over to stand between Legolas and Allorien
Old 09-28-2002, 04:00 PM   #90
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Indeed! The ring holds the fate of all of Middle Earth. We also must find Gollum before he is recaptured by enimy(sP)hands.
Old 09-29-2002, 04:14 PM   #91
Allorien
Hobbit

Sam Gamgee

Allorien turned to Sam and Frodo. Hurry...we must depart. I feel that we need to rejoin you with Merry and Pippin.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:18 PM   #92
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
ooc: sorry guys... I'll edit.

Gandalf looked behind him (to his right) to see if Nargond was there. He wasn't. Gandalf swore to hemself, but then caught a glimpse of motion at his left. There was Nargond, riding directly beside him. That a Dunedain steed could keep up with Shadowfax was a shock. But it was evident that Nargond's horse was nearing exhaustion while Shadowfax was just getting warmed up.
Nargond's backside was killing him. Too much riding, too little time. And there Aragorn had to go, being all heroic again. He felt like a character in a story he had once heard, where one brother fooled their father into giving him the birthright. And Esau was left with nothing. Yes, Nargond was just like Esau. Except for all the hair. And Nargond didn't particularily like lentil stew.....

ooc: okay, that was bad, but hey, at least I edited.

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."

Last edited by Nariel : 09-30-2002 at 12:41 PM.
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 07:36 AM   #93
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

OOC: erk! Nargond! you came with Fimbren and I (Gandalf)!

OOC: Arwen, stop taking my (Sauron's) lines!

OOC: I planned for us to do this whole Rohan/Isengard/Fangorn thing first. But I agree with the Mount Doom idea: The fellowship arrives at Mt Doom with this huge army. It charges into a battle against the huge orc legions but starts losing. The fellowship breaks through to Mt Doom and the Cracks thereof to fight Sauron. Battle scene: Sauron, 9 Nazgûl vs. Fellowship. Gollum jumps on Sauron. Someone hits Sauron with their sword... he falls backwards...

Sorry for scripting it. That's just an idea. Remember, whatever you guys want to do is ok; this isn't a book, it's an RPG.

So Nargond, are you with myself and Fimbren, or with everyone else?

IC: Gandalf and Fimbren, well... kept riding. Gandalf looked to see if Nargond was there; he wasn't really sure.

Aure Entuleva!

Old 09-30-2002, 12:42 PM   #94
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
Okay, I edited. View above post. Sorry guys!

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 01:41 PM   #95
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Quote:
Originally posted by ArwenEvenstar
ooc: do we know that Fimbren is Finrod
Sauron: "Finrod, come to me you would be mighty in my service, you would crush the week mortals who betreyed the elves that fateful day so long ago..."
Fimbren isn't Finrod! He was a friend of Finrod Felagund in Valinor and Beleriand but either way Sauron's teptations would make sense. I was als friends with Turgon and the other elf lords. But especially good friends with Finrod.
Old 09-30-2002, 04:52 PM   #96
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: sorry I have not posted much. Just don't really know what to post.here goes. oh and were am I anyway. I thought I was with Allorien looking for Merry and Pippin.

ic: We traveld further that day as our search continued to find were Merry and Pippin were takin to. I resumed the path I had started on before I found the elf captives. I looked around for small footprints or clothing shreds for clues. Finally we stopped and I found a golden leaf that was given to them by Galadriel off their belts. I told the others who seemed a bit more hopeful then when we started.
Old 10-01-2002, 07:39 AM   #97
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

ooc: yes that's where you are Sicirius.

ic:

After hours of riding that blended into one another, Gandalf, Fimbren, and Nargond arrived at Edoras.

Gandalf: "Here is Edoras, the Golden Hall, center of Rohan and the home of Theoden. It is high time that the heir to the throne of Gondor came to Rohan."

As they dismounted and led their horses to the stable, the doorwarden asked for their names. Gandalf: "I am Gandalf Mithrandir, the Grey Pilgrim. I see that my name is known to you?"

Doorwarden: "Yes but it is no longer gladly heard in Rohan. I cannot allow you to see the king."

Gandalf: "And what of my companions? Surely you would not keep them from Theoden?"

Doorwarden: "Well, who are you?"

Fimbren: "This is Nargond Firestone, heir to Isildur and the Throne of Gondor."

Doorwarden (shocked): "Well, I,... <bows> Please then, enter, my lord!"

Before the doorwarden recovers from his surprise, all three have walked through the doors and into the Golden Hall.

Aure Entuleva!

Old 10-01-2002, 07:46 PM   #98
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

ooc: where am I (Sam)? and what dose ooc mean, and what dose ic mean?

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
samwiselvr2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 07:42 AM   #99
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

OOC: ooc means out of content and ic in content

IC: As the trio walked down the hall, they saw a throne at the far end, an old man with a crown upon it. An advisor leaned close, his expression clearly showing what he thought of the new arrivals. Along the side stood a woman, blond-haired and blue eyed...

Eowyn, Sister-Daughter of Theoden

Aure Entuleva!

Old 10-02-2002, 11:47 AM   #100
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

Occ: somebody please put me in, and I can go from there, I am not very good at introducing my self. (I am Eowyn)
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. - Dune
Ms. Undomial is offline   Reply With Quote