Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-28-2004, 08:38 PM   #81
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

"See, Mr. Brandybuck-"
"Madoc Brandybuck."
"Madoc. We got some...information... that the Shire might be attacked. We thought we should at least worn you before we can get help."
"Are you sure about this?" He asked.
"We're not positive. But we're pretty sure. Can you take that message to the mayor?"
"I guess so." He said. "I was planning to go to Hobbiton anyway to visit some family."
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 01:08 PM   #82
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

"While you're at it, do you think you could warn the Master of Buckland and the Took Thain too? The Shire needs to be warned." I asked.
"I can try." He responded. "The Master of Buckland should be easy, and I should be able to get a message to Tuckburough."
I smiled. With Sam, Merry, and Pippin warned, the Shire would be as ready as it ever could be. "Why don't you stay with us tonight? Then you can deliver our message tomorrow."

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
ethuiliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 04:19 PM   #83
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

"I suppose so" Madoc said. "If it's not too much trouble."
"It's fine." I told him.
We went back to our camp and talked again. We told Madoc what we were doing here, and he told us some things about him.

ooc: Do you notice that if someone has no idea what to say, they say that we were talking? At least that's the case with me...
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 03-01-2004, 08:51 PM   #84
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Did you know I have no life....yes....well fine then

ic: We sat around a bright fire and cooked some of the sauseges Mr. Brandybuck brought in his pack.
"Home made..." he mumbled through mouth fulls as we all took a bite from our own.
I licked my lips like a wolf as I listened to the hobbit talk about all that was pure in Middle earth (the shire) and how good mushrooms would be at the moment with some garlic salt.
I licked my lips again at the thought of shrooms and put a new sausege over the fire.
Keity sared at me akwardly then took a bite of her own sausege trying not to laugh as the hobbit tried to dance.
He moved around rustling the leaves under his furry feet. He flapped his arms enthusiasticly and baded us to join. I jumped up after taking my last bite of sausege. I flapped my arms as though I were drunk and laughed like a hyena chasing its tail.
Keity and Alyna hesitated to jin but after a few seconds hopped up and flapped their arms along with Mr Brandybuck and me.

Soon we all forgot about where we were and appeared from a strangers eyes like possesed indians!
Old 03-01-2004, 09:47 PM   #85
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

ooc: possessed indians?? okaaaaay!!

ic: I watched Madoc and Jean dance like possessed indians. I thought to myself 'she always seemed so quiet. Not like this. But what the hey' and joined in. And I'm horrible at dancing, and I've never seen dancing like this before, but it was pretty easy to follow- just flapping arms and acting strange. But that's what I do on a regular basis...
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 03-02-2004, 12:32 PM   #86
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

We enjoyed ourselves dancing and acting crazy until late. It was a lot of fun, as it always is when you just stop caring what anyone thinks and act crazy. Finally, though, we wore ourselves out, and flopped down onto the ground where we slept soundly all night, forgeting to even set a watch.
Luckily, though, no one tried to attack us during the night, and we woke up happy and refreshed the next morning. Soon, though, Madoc Brandybuck would have to leave us. We decided to accompany him to the Brandywine Bridge, but of course we could go not farther than that. I picked him up and set him on my horse in front of me, and we set off together to the entrance to the Shire, with our new hobbit friend.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
Old 03-02-2004, 07:54 PM   #87
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

At the Brandywine Bridge, we said a tearful goodbye to our new friend Madoc. "I'll try to come back soon to tell you what they said, all right?"
"Yes." I said. "Try to hurry up, won't you?"
"We'll be near where we found you, okay?" said Keita.
"Yes. That's fine. Good-bye!"
"Bye, Madoc!" we all said. We he was out of sight, we turned around and headed slowly back to our camp.
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 03-03-2004, 01:05 PM   #88
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

As it turned dark, two sets of light footsteps could be heard. Through the trees they saw me walking with a talk human. Talking fast in elvish King Elessar and I stopped near a small stream. He pointed ahead of him, but I shook my head gesturing another way and muttering some more directions.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 06:11 PM   #89
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

When we got back to the camp, we cooled our horses and prepared to have dinner. When night was falling, we heard soft footsteps nearby. I got up and peered into the darkening trees...
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 03-03-2004, 09:17 PM   #90
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

After we had settled in to camp, I heard footsteps. I looked over from the stream where I was filling a pot for water, and saw two figures. I put down the pot and walked closer, and recognized that one of them was Lalaith. The other was a tall man, Aragorn, I assumed. I called to them.

Old 03-03-2004, 10:04 PM   #91
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

As Lalaith approached with the man, she was smiling. "This is King Elessar, everyone. Elessar, this is Alyna, Jean, and Keita," she said, pointing to each of us in turn. "I've told him everything you told me. How are things going here?"
I fell of the log I was sitting on. Then I managed to sit up, blushing furiously, while everyone was staring at me, Jean, Keita, and Lalaith with amusment and the king with puzzlement. "Pleased to meet you, your majesty," I said, and Jean and Keita followed suit.
"And you," he replied.
I turned to Lalaith and answered her question. "We met a hobbit from Buckland, Madoc Brandybuck. He's taking a message to the Mayor, the Thain, and the Master of Buckland for us. He's making sure that the hobbits are warned about the possible danger."

ooc: I couldn't fall off the horse, because I wasn't on one, but a log is the next best thing, right??
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 03-04-2004, 01:34 PM   #92
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

I was glad to discover that it wasn't just the actors that the movie fan liked, as she was obviosly excited to meet the REAL Aragorn, just as much as she, if not more than, she would have been to meet Viggo Mortenson, Orlando Bloom, or any other actor from the Lord of the Rings movies. I couldn't imagine what she would do if we ever met Legolas. Once she got over the shock that he didn't look like Orlando Bloom, (as Legolas) that is.

Yet, I had to admit that I was sort of shocked and excited to meet such an important character from LotR. Even if it wasn't Faramir. Right then though, I was more interested in saving the Shire than anything else. I looked at Lalaith and asked, "What else can we do now? Some of the hobbits have been warned, but that's not enough is it?" I still couldn't bring myself to adress Aragorn directly. I mean, how do you talk to a king? I would have been just as bad as a hobbit, and with a less obvious excuse.

Old 03-04-2004, 02:44 PM   #93
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

The King replied "Wait. We have rangers monitering the North of the Shire." I looked at him and saying something quickly in elvish I turned back to the others. "We may also have meetings arranged with the Mayor of Hobbiton, but we still have to abide to the laws."
I smiled and said "We have to thank you. You seemed to come just in time - at least I hope it was just in time."
King Elessar and I passed a worried glance to one another.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 09:45 PM   #94
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

I looked at the worried faces of Lalaith and Aragorn/Elessar, and grew very worried myself. What would happen to the Shire, and would we be able to save it? I comforted myself by thinking that if we hadn't come there would have been no chance of the Shire being saved, and now that we were here there was a much greater chance, but it didn't help much. I knelt to tend our small campfire, and to take my mind off of the Shire's danger.

Old 03-12-2004, 06:16 PM   #95
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

"So," I asked, "What are we going to do? Where will we go? Are we going to go north or go to the Shire? Or will we get some more help?"
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 03-13-2004, 05:49 PM   #96
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic: I got tired of waiting for the death of all the innocent hobbits of Hobbiton and grabbed by bag from its place near the tree and jumped onto my horse. I looked over at my two friends and questioned them silently if they would join me. Lala and looked at me angrily and told me not to be hasty.
"Well tell me how hasty you are when its too llate!" I screamed at her in anger. "By the time you make a descision the attack will be made and we may not beable to make it as far aas the gate of hobbiton!"

I rode off without looking back towards Gondor. I could hear feint c=screams of anger but ignored them. I wanted to go..NOW!
Old 03-13-2004, 06:12 PM   #97
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

I jumped onto my horse and raced after Jean, yelling "come on" to the people behind me. But where was Jean planning to go? We couldn't go to the Shire. Well, as long as we were helping those poor little hobbits, I was happy, but I didn't want to insult or scare them by entering their home.

Old 03-16-2004, 09:41 PM   #98
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic": I cantered the horse and we speed down the forest road towards the South.... towards Rohan. I wanted to get trained in fighting by those who love hobbits and who better than that of Eowyn's people and Aragorn's people. We trotted down the road for awhile then across a small gurgling stream. We speed towards the most fermiliar path we could remember in the books...The Old Forest...

Last edited by Sicirus : 03-26-2004 at 09:37 PM.
Sicirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 10:39 PM   #99
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

OOC: Sicirus and Sirigorn are at my house now!! Weeellll Sirigorn's my sister, she's always at my house, but...yeah...

IC: I followed Jean, and the Movie Fan, Lalaith, and Aragorn got on their horses and followed us. "Where are we going?" I called.
"Rohan." came the reply as we raced off...into the Old Forest.
Soon the trees got denser, and we got off our horses. I thought of the hobbits getting very lost in the Old Forest in LotR, and hoped we wouldn't get lost too. Though, maybe Tom Bombadil would rescue us, and that would be cool...
We climbed a small hill, and I wondered if it was the one the hobbits had climbed in LotR. To the south and the east we saw the Withywindle, and I realized we'd have to cross it to get to Rohan. We'd have to remember not to fall asleep there, especially not near Old Man Willow.

Old 03-26-2004, 10:49 PM   #100
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

As we rode along in the Old Forest, I was looking around, trying to take in as much of the world of Middle Earth as I could. I saw brightly colored birds fliting throught the trees, and their calls all around me. I saw animals scury away from us coming, just like they did at home, and I relaized that Middle Earth wasn't so different from home as I had thought before I came here, just there were more races, such as hobbits, Elves, and Wizards, and the landscape was different.
I nudged my horse into a canter and headed towards the Withywindle. It didn't look too deep, so I just forded it and kept on going. From behind, I heard a call for me to slow down, as there was not really any need for hurry at the moment. I slowed down, but we were near the edge of the forest by now...
-Two Towers extended DVD