Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-22-2002, 02:29 AM   #81
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Quote:
Originally posted by Lief Erikson
I've only flown once or twice in dreams, but I've had enormously fun high jumping dreams several times. What I do is press in my head, and then I become lightheaded, and then I am lightweight, and then I can leap into the sky, and soar upwards, with only a small gravity tug that eventually brings me back down.

Twice I remembered that I was dreaming, and so I knew that I could fly. And because of that, and that I remembered the method, I was able to do so. Only one of those times, when I was landing from a particularly fun jump, I landed in a tree and got all scraped up. Not fun.

The main time when I have control of a dream is when I'm about to wake up. That's when I have the greatest control, and I usually have some sort of a knowledge that I'm soon going to wake up, so I'd better make an end to my dream quickly, or else there won't be an ending.
I *wish* I could control my dreams before I wake up and bring them to a nice conclusion. Oh well.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 03:14 AM   #82
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Usually in the end of my dreams, I just try and make the bad guys get creamed, or the quest accomplished as soon as possible. My dreams are very action packed, but I don't have many bad dreams anymore, and usually I don't even remember my dreams. But there definitely are times when I do, and those are nearly always action packed.

Has anyone had that unpleasant sort of dream where you get stuck, can't move and are uncomfortable? Or your movement gets slowed down (Sometimes while you're in the middle of a game of tag )?

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 11-22-2002 at 03:17 AM.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 11:05 AM   #83
Silverstripe

Quote:
Has anyone had that unpleasant sort of dream where you get stuck, can't move and are uncomfortable? Or your movement gets slowed down (Sometimes while you're in the middle of a game of tag )?
I haven't -- unless you count one scary dream that I KNEW was a dream, where I could not wake up or even scream and something was slowly killing me...and I really couldn't wake myself up at first! I have no idea why I had that dream, but needless to say, it made me get very paranoid for a while. I didn't get any sleep at all the next night, and not a whole lot the next night, but then I decided that lack of sleep had caused the dream in the first place.
Old 11-22-2002, 02:32 PM   #84
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Quote:
I used to have that dream all the time! Sometimes when the bad guys were chasing me, but usually when I was playing tag wity my friends.

I had the flying dream a lot when I was a kid. I would have to stand at one end of the couch, and then I could just take off. It was so real that in the morning my mom would catch me jumping off the couch, trying to fly.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 03:22 PM   #85
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

Quote:
Originally posted by Silverstripe
What about Ugluk?
All right, Miranda, let's find an obedience class somewhere in England, and you can take the Nazgul there -- I'll bring the gremlins and orcs.

The only thing about poor Lurtz is, he'd probably be attacked and killed by everyone who is a fan of Tolkien's work but somehow hated the FotR movie. Poor orc.
I'll bring my rolled up newspaper to smack anyone who tries to beat up dear little Lurtz- better make sure there's no-one there with the surname Mortensen!!!! I'll find us a place at Crufts in London and we can show off our pedigree Nazgul and all their new tricks. We could even throw the gremlins into the agility section- the speed they navigate around my computer we should be a dead cert to win. Mx
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 02:04 AM   #86
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow
I had the flying dream a lot when I was a kid. I would have to stand at one end of the couch, and then I could just take off. It was so real that in the morning my mom would catch me jumping off the couch, trying to fly.
You know, I once dreamt I was flying, but I forgot how in midair, splatted to the ground and got resurrected as a hologram. The only thing I said about it was "Oh, dagnamit, I've died!". Too much Red Dwarf for me...
Lanelf.

Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums!

You'll never shut down the real Napster
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 04:58 PM   #87
Miranda

Definately too much Red Dwarf. Had that dream about Illuvatar again last night- its getting pretty recurrent which is good in a way because it stops the Ringwraiths knocking about and causing havoc in my head!!!! Beginning to believe more that it is some strange elven premonition!!!! I can't believe this thred has so many pages to it already- I thought it would die out in two days. Got to know a lot about this place in the few weeks I've been on and I don't know who I've been talking to about LOTR before I met you lot- never knew it could be discussed on so many plains *wipes a tear of joy from her eye and launches into Oscar winning type speel* Thanks Moot, you've really opened my eyes to a world I only thought existed in my own head. Love ya all Mx
Old 11-23-2002, 05:12 PM   #88
Silverstripe

Had a dream about going to London and taking Lurtz and Ugluk to obedience school and meeting up with the Nazgul.

The obedience instructor kept making the Nazgul jump through rings of fire, and the "poor lil' Ringwraiths" were crying because they couldn't get the ring. The only two people in the class were a half-elven version of me and a half-intoxicated elven maid who was whacking people with rolled-up newspapers anytime they got within two feet of Lurtz. Of course, not many did. For some reason, most were avoiding our little group.
Old 11-23-2002, 06:09 PM   #89
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
Who wants to hear my wierd dream!? Well to bad you have to hear it anyway.

K, well it started one night when i woke up to find that my room had been invaded by ants, and where crawling all over me. *Shivers* haven't been able to forget that for months... so anyway I had to go sleep in my sis's room for the rest of the night(She's at collage) and when i sleep on a bed I'm not used to is the only time I have dreams. So I dreamt that I had been apart of "Lord of the Rings:Fellowship of the Ring" and we wear at some type of awards, to accept some type of award.(Yea I know real descriptive huh?) Anyway I saw EW! But he was all old and sick and ugly...but he still had those gorgouse eyes! Yep so then we wear kicked out of the building we were accepting the award in and had to go to this specail ed classroom to accept the award. I kinda woke up after that.
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Fred Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 09:19 PM   #90
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanelf
Lately I keep dreaming of swimming underwater and being able to breathe perfectly normally there.
Any of you ever heard of lucid dreaming? It's when you're dreaming but you know you are and can change it to however you like. I've read about it and next time I dream of underwater breathing, I'm going to try it! Yaay!
Lanelf.

Actually, being able to breathe underwater, and running really slowly in dreams is because of your physical state. You can breathe underwater in your dreams because you can breathe while sleeping. Same with running, you cant run fast, because when you're sleeping you (((NORMALLY))) aren't running.

Lucid dreams often occur at the very beginning of REM cycles, when you are more conscious, and at the very end, before you wake up. For most people anyway.

This one is deactivated, I think.
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 09:23 PM   #91
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Lief, you are lucky you don't have bad dreams. 90% of mine include either MY killing someone, someone killing me, or someone killing those close to me. Robbers are a big theme in my dreams, I think I am burglar-o-phobic.

OR that I some how age ultra-quick or ultra-slow. And everyone else is dying around me, or I am dying and no one else is.

OR I have dreams that I'm dead and I am at my visitation and all my relatives and the like...arent sad...and they say I have lived a terrible life...it scares me...alot...

This one is deactivated, I think.
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 09:58 AM   #92
Miranda

Quote:
Had a dream about going to London and taking Lurtz and Ugluk to obedience school and meeting up with the Nazgul.

The obedience instructor kept making the Nazgul jump through rings of fire, and the "poor lil' Ringwraiths" were crying because they couldn't get the ring. The only two people in the class were a half-elven version of me and a half-intoxicated elven maid who was whacking people with rolled-up newspapers anytime they got within two feet of Lurtz. Of course, not many did. For some reason, most were avoiding our little group.
I can imagine!!!!! Half-intoxicated elvenmaid- uh huh and you've never even met me!!!!!!! I've got a TTT advent calendar from my friend and you get gold jelly rings with it so I'll save them for the Wraiths so they can have a treat- bless their hearts!!! But if any of them come near my lil' Lurtz it'll be more than a rolled up newspaper- it'll be a slipper!!! Mx
Old 11-24-2002, 10:55 AM   #93
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

I had a very freaky dream last night. I've kinda had this dream before, but kinda not exactly...Oh well. On with the dream.

I was riding a dark bay horse in a sea of dark colored horses, all with dark haired riders with brown skin, inside what appeared to be a banquet hall/auditoriom. There was a platform raised in the center of this odd hall, where my old orchestra teacher, Mr. Long was "conducting" all us riders. It seemed that all the people were part of this tribe and that I was borrowing one of their horses to ride in formation with them. So Mr. Long is conducting, and we're riding in these awesome formations and doing really cool tricks when some guy pops up next to Long and tells him to step down, he's taking over from here. After Long leaves the hall, we go on for a bit and then the news reaches us that Long was killed. However, no one will tell us how he was murdered. The riding stops and we all go to take care of our horses. But I of course am riding one of the tribes' horses, so I take care of that one first.

Then, I really want to see my horse, who came with me to this weird place for some reason, and I realize I have no idea where he is. I ask someone and they say to ask the people in the T-Shirt Corner Store. Yes, that was the name of the store. I ask, and a really nice cashier takes me way back in the store. On our way, we pass an open door and I'm looking back into the hall place, where all these tables are set up and loads of people are sitting in there. Apparently it's a banquet/funeral for Mr. Long. For some odd reason, my parents are both there and next to them is my principal. Then we go back even farther and someone comes out leading my horse, who is so happy to see me, he rears up and come back down and licks my face.

Mucho weird dream.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 07:20 PM   #94
Miranda

Quote:
Originally posted by Elenka
I had a very freaky dream last night. I've kinda had this dream before, but kinda not exactly...Oh well. On with the dream.

I was riding a dark bay horse in a sea of dark colored horses, all with dark haired riders with brown skin, inside what appeared to be a banquet hall/auditoriom. There was a platform raised in the center of this odd hall, where my old orchestra teacher, Mr. Long was "conducting" all us riders. It seemed that all the people were part of this tribe and that I was borrowing one of their horses to ride in formation with them. So Mr. Long is conducting, and we're riding in these awesome formations and doing really cool tricks when some guy pops up next to Long and tells him to step down, he's taking over from here. After Long leaves the hall, we go on for a bit and then the news reaches us that Long was killed. However, no one will tell us how he was murdered. The riding stops and we all go to take care of our horses. But I of course am riding one of the tribes' horses, so I take care of that one first.

Then, I really want to see my horse, who came with me to this weird place for some reason, and I realize I have no idea where he is. I ask someone and they say to ask the people in the T-Shirt Corner Store. Yes, that was the name of the store. I ask, and a really nice cashier takes me way back in the store. On our way, we pass an open door and I'm looking back into the hall place, where all these tables are set up and loads of people are sitting in there. Apparently it's a banquet/funeral for Mr. Long. For some odd reason, my parents are both there and next to them is my principal. Then we go back even farther and someone comes out leading my horse, who is so happy to see me, he rears up and come back down and licks my face.

Mucho weird dream.
I take it from that you like horses!!!!! I'm always having dreams about being on stage- I'm an actress!!! Seems your subconscious does as you would do!!!! Although I do also have the famous Ringwraith dreams!! Mx
Old 11-24-2002, 08:35 PM   #95
Duddun
I Antha

I always have a dream that spiders are eating me, and then I wake up and think my bed is infested with spiders and can't go back to sleep for a day or 2.
I'm Not Evil!
If the critics say it's good, is it really That good?
It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's a balloon!
Duddun, Son of Bubbun
Duddun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 08:28 AM   #96
Miranda

Quote:
Originally posted by Duddun
I always have a dream that spiders are eating me, and then I wake up and think my bed is infested with spiders and can't go back to sleep for a day or 2.
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH GOD I HATE SPIDERS- I'll be in a panic when I go to bed tonight now. I once had a really bad experience like that with ants. I was in Provence in a hotel and the ants got in through the open window- they have really big bugger ants in France. They were crawling all over my bed and in the end I had to beg to sleep in the other bed so I wouldn't be near the window in case they came back. I'd never stay in a ground floor room again!!!! Mx
Old 11-25-2002, 01:23 PM   #97
Silverstripe

Had another dream featuring "the Thirteen" (Nazgul, Lurtz, Ugluk, "us") but in a very different scenario! For some reason the elven characters were Kara (me) and Alana (the half-intoxicated one), not proper names for elves but oh well...

Apparently, after obedience class, we all just rushed off and went to this big international event that the leaders of several countries, including all of the Big Five, were supposed to attend. As we came in, for some reason (I can't imagine what) everyone stared. Then this orchestra suddenly appeared and started playing dance music, in a slow, smooth, "graceful" rhythm. So Alana starts dancing with Lurtz and I'm dancing with Ugluk, and the Ringwraiths (literally!) snatch partners and sweep them off their feet. Then the music goes faster and faster and faster and we're all dancing wildly about (with orcs and Nazgul!) in front of leaders from many countries, and then Saruman appears in the middle of the room and we form a circle around him chanting,
"Daft old bird! Daft old bird! Daft old bird!"
And get transported to Middle Earth.

Then I woke up.
Old 11-25-2002, 06:34 PM   #98
Miranda

Quote:
Had another dream featuring "the Thirteen" (Nazgul, Lurtz, Ugluk, "us") but in a very different scenario! For some reason the elven characters were Kara (me) and Alana (the half-intoxicated one), not proper names for elves but oh well...

Apparently, after obedience class, we all just rushed off and went to this big international event that the leaders of several countries, including all of the Big Five, were supposed to attend. As we came in, for some reason (I can't imagine what) everyone stared. Then this orchestra suddenly appeared and started playing dance music, in a slow, smooth, "graceful" rhythm. So Alana starts dancing with Lurtz and I'm dancing with Ugluk, and the Ringwraiths (literally!) snatch partners and sweep them off their feet. Then the music goes faster and faster and faster and we're all dancing wildly about (with orcs and Nazgul!) in front of leaders from many countries, and then Saruman appears in the middle of the room and we form a circle around him chanting,
"Daft old bird! Daft old bird! Daft old bird!"
And get transported to Middle Earth.

Then I woke up.
How strange!!!!!!!! I know I'll dream about murdering my classics teacher tonight!!! She said I should give up dancing and teaching to spend more time on my school work- not happening. I live to dance and the kids I teach are so special to me I could never give them up. But then again I'll only dream about killing her if I go to sleep- I'm so stressed by school that I only slepp about two hours a night and fret the rest of the time. I've lost a stone in weight in two months and that's not healthy- just because I'm always too upset to eat. Think I'll go and write my book or read LOTR and disappear into another world for a while. Mx
Old 11-25-2002, 06:38 PM   #99
Silverstripe

Yes, it was quite strange! Murdering your classics teacher ... hmmm, nah, all you have to do is transport her Elsewhere (like, say Middle Earth?) Better yet, forget her! Transport yourself and the rest of us there! Please...

I'm tempted to watch FotR with friends and scream out, "Sharkey! Sharkey! Daft old bird!" at appropriate moments.
Old 11-25-2002, 06:48 PM   #100
Miranda

Quote:
Yes, it was quite strange! Murdering your classics teacher ... hmmm, nah, all you have to do is transport her Elsewhere (like, say Middle Earth?) Better yet, forget her! Transport yourself and the rest of us there! Please...

I'm tempted to watch FotR with friends and scream out, "Sharkey! Sharkey! Daft old bird!" at appropriate moments.
Yes and they'd wheel you straight to the asylum!!!! I wouldn't let my classics teacher anywhere near Middle Earth- she'd probably tell Legolas or Arwen to stop living in a fantasy world!!!! I'd take all of you guys though and we'd have the biggest party the Shire's ever seen. I might just have to take Legolas off to a secluded room of Bag End for a while though LOL!!!! Hey you could bring your dancing Ringwraiths!!!!