Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 05:05 PM   #61
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally posted by durin's bane
I saw Daddy Day Care last Friday. Very funny.
I just saw that with my daughter. It was cute, and funny. A good movie for moms and/or grandmas. The little kids were so cute and sweet. Eddie Murphy didn't overdo anything, just some "diaper humour", otherwise very "G". Four year old kids are so precious, without trying!

Of the previews...The Orlando Bloom one looked boring, (to me!) though Johnny Depp was very fetching! . The Charlie's Angels actually looked pretty fun! Lot's better than the TV show! . The one with Micheal Douglas and Albert Brooks looked kind of boring too.
Daddy Day Care...Awwwwwww!
Old 06-02-2003, 02:32 PM   #62
The Ben
Really Smelly Orc

I just saw "Finding Nemo" a few days ago.

2 weeks ago i saw X2 and Matrix Reloaded.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:46 AM   #63
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Just watched the most traumatic movie ever. And it wasn't because it had Craig McLaughlin in it. Heroes' Mountain is the true life story of Stuart Diver, and how he was the sole survivor of a landslide at Thredbo Ski Resort in New South Wales. He spent 65 hours underneath rubble, lying in frigid waters. Eighteen people died.

http://new.theage.com.au/articles/20...365722373.html
Old 06-03-2003, 06:33 AM   #64
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Just watched the most traumatic movie ever. And it wasn't because it had Craig McLaughlin in it.
At least it keeps him from singing

I watched an "old" horror film on DVD last night..........John Carpenters In The Mouth of Madness....wasn't bad, had some nice shock-effects

Beatallica
Old 06-03-2003, 02:03 PM   #65
azalea
Long lost mooter

I watched a good old movie the other night: "M" starring Peter Lorre. It's a German film based on a true story of a serial child murderer. It was fascinating to see the depiction of the rise of paranoia in pre- or early Nazi era (the film itself was made in 1931, I can't remember how early the Nazis actually came onto the political scene). It could have been "tighter," but this was an early sound film, and the genre was still finding itself, so the bits that drag a little are forgivable, IMO.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:43 AM   #66
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Saw another pretty good horror last night called 28 Days (out on DVD)............Pretty standard plot, a virus escapes turning people into blood eating murdering psycopaths and a few lucky individuals are virus-free and ..........well, yer get the piccy
It was set in England, which makes for a refreshing change and the characters were all acted pretty well.

Deffo' not a pg-13 movie tho'.

Beatallica
Old 06-04-2003, 11:58 AM   #67
Hasty Ent
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
I watched a good old movie the other night: "M" starring Peter Lorre. It's a German film based on a true story of a serial child murderer. It was fascinating to see the depiction of the rise of paranoia in pre- or early Nazi era (the film itself was made in 1931, I can't remember how early the Nazis actually came onto the political scene). It could have been "tighter," but this was an early sound film, and the genre was still finding itself, so the bits that drag a little are forgivable, IMO.
One of my favorite films of all time!!! Peter Lorre is brilliant in that role. I get shivers just thinking about the 'trial' at the end....and the psychology of crowds...
Old 06-04-2003, 12:22 PM   #68
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Saw "Nurse Betty" on Monday. In English. Interesting.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:24 PM   #69
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally posted by Hasty Ent
One of my favorite films of all time!!! Peter Lorre is brilliant in that role. I get shivers just thinking about the 'trial' at the end....and the psychology of crowds...
Yes, I definately recommend it.
Last night I watched Mrs. Miniver, a film made in 1942 and set in England from about 1939 to 1940, I think. It was a really good movie, and was used to motivate people toward the war effort.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:25 AM   #70
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Yesterday I watched THE MATRIX. Nothing new, but this time in English. Even better.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:24 PM   #71
Lady Tinuveil
Elven Warrior

~

I recently viewed Die another day, The animatrix & the recruit.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:04 PM   #72
Lady Tinuveil
Elven Warrior

~

I seen 25th Hour, Minority Report, & Bruce Almighty.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:57 PM   #73
Salquënòrëwen
Elven Warrior

In the past 2 months I've seen: Agent Cody Banks(Me and my friend saw it, only because all the other movies were sold out....), Holes (Not my decision...), Anger Managment (it was really funny....my decision ), Finding Nemo (little sister's decision....it was cute though), Daddy Day-Care (really funny ....), and 2 Fast, 2 Furious(I saw it just today....it was good) Whoo, 6 movies in 2 months! I think there may have been another one too....
Old 06-09-2003, 04:18 PM   #74
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

I saw a really "nice" film on video today (by "nice" I mean no over-the-top violence or unecessary nudity, just a really good, well told story).

Called, The Brylcreem Boys it's the story of a POW camp during WW2 in neutral Southern Ireland........ a prison camp where both British and German troops (mainly air force and navy) where held together, and of their subsequent escape attempt(s).

At times hilariously funny, other times sad, the film has a nice flowing storyline (based on actual events), brilliant characters and a real "feelgood" factor..............not a bad way to spend a lazy afternoon

Beatallica
Old 06-10-2003, 02:13 PM   #75
wahine
The Original Amazonian Coconut

A few nights ago I took my friends daughter out to see Finding Nemo. I liked it, it was very cute and interesting story line.

I also saw Blood Work with Clint Eastwood a few weeks past.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:54 AM   #76
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

reloaded
x2
QotD
TTT - yay finally got it!!!

and one of my favourite films ever... watched it about three times during the day (well it was better than studying) : interview with a vampire
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 06-11-2003, 12:16 PM   #77
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Cool Just saw Blade Runner. First time. I thought it was good, but there was a lot less killing and explosions than I expected. But the plot was good so it stood up on its own with out all that, so I liked it a lot. I am something of a violence freak when it comes to many movies. That is why I love Die Hard so much.

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Old 06-11-2003, 09:52 PM   #78
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Finally saw Matrix Reloaded. Blergh. Did anyone else giggle at Morpheus' speech in Zion?
Old 06-11-2003, 11:44 PM   #79
wahine
The Original Amazonian Coconut

It was over-acted.

No, I didn't giggle.

I wanted to gag, BoP--Errr Sheeana.
Old 06-12-2003, 01:50 AM   #80
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Called, The Brylcreem Boys it's the story of a POW camp during WW2 in neutral Southern Ireland........ a prison camp where both British and German troops (mainly air force and navy) where held together, and of their subsequent escape attempt(s).
I've seen that - 'twas brilliant!

Watched The World According to Garp last night - the movie bored me to tears, but the book was brilliant. Also watched Jay & Silent Bob strike back with my brother (what can I say, we were extremely bored last night)

A good one I'd recently seen (again) was The Green Mile, that one always makes me cry like a baby