Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-30-2003, 01:26 AM   #61
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by Finmandos12
Are you in favor of polygamy?
Hrmm...it doesn't bother me. Though, I don't think I would do it myself.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 02:04 AM   #62
Huan
Elven Warrior

Wahine wrote: You wouldn't go? That is disgusting show of the most unpatriotic load of horses dung. People like you, who would give up freedom for peace, don't deserve freedom!!

Patriotism can be dangerous. Blindly going into battle because the "authorities" of your countries tell you to is, um, not freedom. I have never understood how jumping into an unjustified or unnescessary conflict is defending freedom.
Huan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 02:07 AM   #63
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

I wouldn't go because I am not mentally nor physically stable and/or fit for battle. So . . . yeah.

Plus, I'm a lover . . . not a fighter.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:12 AM   #64
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Erm... yeah, right. I believe you.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:19 AM   #65
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

I wouldn't fight in a war. Once I'm old enough to get drafted and if it looked as if they were going to start drafting people - I would probably just join some army band so I wouldn't have to fight.

when would i kill someone? Obvious answer - self defense...my life or my assailents? tough decision, no? to protect family members (them or the person you have to kill), close friends.. dunno, luckily I probably will never be in one of those situations.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 02:27 AM   #66
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by Wayfarer
Erm... yeah, right. I believe you.
*gives Wayfarer a bear-hug*

Now you have no choice but to.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:42 AM   #67
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

I'm not a terribly huggable person. Not that I mind, mind you. It's just that digital hugs aren't terribly convincing.

Last edited by Wayfarer : 01-30-2003 at 02:46 AM.
Wayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 02:45 AM   #68
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

*pulls out a digital paintball gun*

And what about this?
Old 01-30-2003, 02:47 AM   #69
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Nope.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:48 AM   #70
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

All though i'd be happy to brutalize you in the online deathmatch of your choice. Assuming there's one we both play.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:52 AM   #71
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

PSO is probably the only online game I play. And you can't fight other people, only monsters.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:57 AM   #72
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

You play Phantasy Star Online? Schweet! I ought to get it. I love the phantasy star games.

Ever played PS4? That is a great game.
Old 01-30-2003, 03:04 AM   #73
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

No. Phantasy Star Online is a lot of fun for me, though, but I'm having trouble in the Mines. My battle skills aren't very good there. If in those situations in real life, I wouldn't survive a second. Mostly because PSO has monomate, monofluid, dimate, difluid, etc. to sustain your health and "magic". Realistic battle: a sword through the stomach and you're dead for good.
Old 01-30-2003, 03:18 AM   #74
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

You ought to grab an emulator and try out the old PS games. They're classics, a lot like the original final fantasy games are.

Nares. Nares and Gisak. And Megid. and Crosscut. And Positron Bolt. Fear the Posiolt.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:56 AM   #75
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by wahine
You wouldn't go? That is disgusting show of the most unpatriotic load of horses dung. People like you, who would give up freedom for peace, don't deserve freedom!!!
And you are like a little bit of manure too than! If we're going for freedom, who are you to tell us how to live our lives? Patriotism is not always a safe display. It could be like walking blindfolded of a cliff because someone you've never met says you should. Some of us out there believe that war is not the answer, at any cost. By joining the battle, I would be fueling the fight. And that is something I won't do.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 10:36 PM   #76
wahine
The Original Amazonian Coconut

Quote:
Originally posted by Elenka
And you are like a little bit of manure too than! If we're going for freedom, who are you to tell us how to live our lives? Patriotism is not always a safe display. It could be like walking blindfolded of a cliff because someone you've never met says you should. Some of us out there believe that war is not the answer, at any cost. By joining the battle, I would be fueling the fight. And that is something I won't do.
Yeah yeah yeah. I bet you through blood on old womens furs too.

War isn't the answer for everything, but war is the answer for some.
Old 02-01-2003, 06:00 AM   #77
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
As for dodging the draft, I'll go visit Eärniel. For a loooooooong time.
I was surprised to see my name pop up here out of the blue, it took me a few seconds to figure out why. Well I guess we'd have place to put you and if not we can always put you in the cat's basket, Gandgirl. But are you certain you want to come here? After all Belgium houses a great deal of the European government and such, a nice target if things get really ugly in the world. And do they actually draft in Middle-earth?

I would only kill out of self defense of my family and myself. But I doubt that I am really capable of coldblood killing. I would probably more likely try to disable them. I'd probably get sick when I actually do kill someone.

I won't kill anyone who kills my cats, I can make them more miserable when they are still alive.

As for war: I don't deem myself fit to actually fight in a war: cowardly, little strength, low endurance, unsure, not prone to accept authority out of the blue, I'd make a terrible soldier. But if my country was under attack and the enemy was at the gate so to speak, I don't think I would stand and watch but I would more likely be involved in foodsupply, medical care or administration and sorts. I would definately not go and fight on foreign ground.
Old 02-01-2003, 06:50 AM   #78
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Patriotism?

Hah!
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 04:41 PM   #79
Amandil
Guy-who-should-come-here-more-often

Location: Alberta, in spirit -- Vlaanderen, in body (Canada? Never heard of it!)
I kill everytime I eat something. And I'll die no matter what I eat.

"Why would you want to tamper with anything Tolkien did?" --Ralph Bashki

"Seeking self, I find nothing but myself, but in this I drink the cup of gall I really am. I want everything, and I may have everything, but I have nothing except what I have. What I have I know is not what will fulfill me, and I know this in the bitterness of satisfied desire. Everything I have is still not enough, and in getting everything I have, I have not myself, indeed what I have may have twisted what I am and might be into an image of my own possessions. I will to possess, but I end up possessed by what I possess." -- William Desmond (Ethics and the Between, p. 209-210)
Amandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 07:57 PM   #80
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

Quote:
This is why I don't like feminists. They give men the wrong impression
Oy. So you don't like woman who are for equal rights for themselves? That's all that feminists really are. Of course they have been stereotyped as hairy braless lesbians...

Not much would make me kill, except if my life was threatened, or trying to kill someone else who couldn't defend themselves, I would at least attempt to help that person, although hopefully I wouldn't have to kill.

I would NEVER go away to war, I might have gone to fight the nazis in WWII, but wars aren't really like that anymore. However, if something happened in Canada, if someone invaded, or if there was some government thing like the Nazis happenend (not that it ever would here) I would definitely fight in any way possible.

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote