Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-01-2002, 11:21 AM   #61
Vorernil
Hobbit

U know - it's a difficult thing to guess why, exactly - but Legolas (or Orlando Bloom - I'd prefer to think of him as Legolas!) is just IRRESISTABLE!!! When I first saw the movie - I didn't think much of him, but when I saw it for the second time - OMG . . . I understood why all the girls I knew where going on about him!!! I think it's a combination of the character & the very sexy actor.

Also - if U think about it - what else is there for the girls to go for in the way of men in the movie - I mean there's Aragorn, but he spends the whole thing in need of a shower.

Ooh - one more interesting point & then I'll shut up . . . I think it's interesting to note that all the younger She-elves (ie, under about 30) seem to lurve Legolas, & the She-elves of my mother's generation seem to have crushes on Aragorn - seems the young gals like Orlando Bloom's sweet-faced, androgenous look - & the older gals like the more manly & windswept look of Viggo Mortensen.

Okay - I'm done now!!!
Old 09-01-2002, 05:52 PM   #62
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I hate the word "lurve."
Old 09-01-2002, 11:26 PM   #63
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I hate when people say I'm old.

Vorernil: Watch out for Frodo fangirls! (you forgot him)
Old 09-02-2002, 03:35 PM   #64
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
Quote:
Originally posted by Vorernil
Also - if U think about it - what else is there for the girls to go for in the way of men in the movie - I mean there's Aragorn, but he spends the whole thing in need of a shower.

he took a shower at rivendell for cryin out loud.besides,no one seems to relise theres a group that dosent care much bout there looks.heck,legolas could have a unibrow and harlip and id still like shooting.

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Christiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 06:13 PM   #65
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

and then there's me, who likes aragorn especially *because* he is greasy. But I'm probably in the minority...

-~*Sminty*~-
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 08:28 PM   #66
Liviaine
Elven Warrior

Well, I guess one of the reasons I like elves is because they're clean. When they almost glow, how can the get dirty?
Liviaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 09:14 PM   #67
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants

Just for you LT.

1. Star Wars.
2. Dr. Who.
3. Apocalypse Now.
4. Popcorn.
5. the Beatles.
6. Blake's 7.
7. Entmoot.
8. Blackadder.
9. Yoghurt.
10. Dr. Strangelove.

In no particular order of course.
Dankyouveddymuch!!!
i still like leggy though. i liked him before i even knew who Orlando was! hes one of my favourite charateers.
Old 09-03-2002, 05:21 PM   #68
Entlover
Elven Warrior

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vorernil
[B]U know - it's a difficult thing to guess why, exactly - but Legolas (or Orlando Bloom - is just IRRESISTABLE!!QUOTE.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To each his own . . I'm sure he's a nice guy and an aspiring actor, but his face lacks character. . . he needs another 30 years to see what he's really like.
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 01:57 AM   #69
Vorernil
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by cassiopeia
I hate when people say I'm old.

Vorernil: Watch out for Frodo fangirls! (you forgot him)
Eeeep!!! I DID forget Frodo & the hobbits!!! How could I forget them - they are so cute!!! I am sorry - my big apologies to all

Cassiopeia - I weren't not calling anyone old (or weren't not meaning to!!!) - I'm sorry - I can just be very 'un-eloquent' at times
Sorry!!!
Old 09-05-2002, 02:03 AM   #70
Vorernil
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Liviaine
Well, I guess one of the reasons I like elves is because they're clean. When they almost glow, how can the get dirty?
Hee hee!!! Good point!
Old 09-05-2002, 06:34 AM   #71
Sminty_Smeagol

Well, at any rate, IMHO Legolas looks like a bit of a fruitcake. Long, blonde hair, slim, perfect face, blemishless in every way... He looks too delicate.
Old 09-05-2002, 05:52 PM   #72
nazgul prince
Enting

Nazgul

Yes i always thought of legolas as kind of stuck up and lady like in the books.I guess a fairy realy sums it up .Hey after all he really was a fairy,prixe,brownie,O yeah Elf.
nazgul prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 07:19 PM   #73
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
Quote:
He wall tall as a young tree,lithe,immensely strong,able to swiftly draw a great war-bow and shoot down a Nazgul,endowed w/ the tremendous vitality of Elvish bodies,so hard and resistent to hurt that he went only in light shoes over rock or through snow,the most tireless of all the Felloship.

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Christiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 09:15 PM   #74
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

Quote:
He wall tall as a young tree,lithe,immensely strong,able to swiftly draw a great war-bow and shoot down a Nazgul,endowed w/ the tremendous vitality of Elvish bodies,so hard and resistent to hurt that he went only in light shoes over rock or through snow,the most tireless of all the Felloship.
Exactly!
And thats fruitcakeish how?

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 09:45 AM   #75
Sminty_Smeagol

Quote:
Originally posted by Sminty_Smeagol
Well, at any rate, IMHO Legolas looks like a bit of a fruitcake. Long, blonde hair, slim, perfect face, blemishless in every way... He looks too delicate.
I never said he ACTS like a fruitcake. he just LOOKS like one.
Old 09-06-2002, 12:55 PM   #76
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

Wait till the Arwen vs. Eowyn debates! That will be interesting...not as interesting as rereading unfinished tales...but at least more amusing.
Old 09-06-2002, 05:46 PM   #77
nazgul prince
Enting

Even a hoobbit could probley draw back a bow of lorien.I still say legolas is a fairy which he really is.How come in the old role playing games in the 80's no body wanted to be legolas or pippen but everybody wanted to be gandalf or aragorn.yes he is the most tireless of the fellowship because he pretty much hop scotches it all the time. And hes always calling the hobbits tose merry little folks.
nazgul prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 11:13 PM   #78
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
I like legolas for several reasons.
A) I've always had a thing for archers (Robin hood, my friend Lance, Legolas, Worf in the episode called "Qpid", Chewbacca, anybody)
B) I've always had a thing for elves (pointy-eared or otherwise)
C) I've always had a thing for tree-climbers
D) Legolas is very detached in the books. He doesn't seem to realize that they're in the middle of a war. I mean, for crying out loud, all Middle Earth is at stake and he wants to talk to trees!
E) He can tell a sparrow from a finch a league off.
F) He was the fir
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 08:01 PM   #79
HobbitChick88
Elven Warrior

Arwen Undomiel Legolas and hobbits

Legolas was my favorite while reading the books, and then I saw the movie and I was like WOW. I thought Orli did a great job as Legolas and he is very nice-looking, so yeah. Heh, when my friend went to see it with 2 of her other friends, they were sitting there like, man there's no one hot in this movie! and then Legolas rode in and they all went OOOOHHH!!! really loud. It was great .
Anyways, I absolutely love all the hobbits!! I'm kind a hobbit/elf person, still don't know which are my fave . Merry totally rocks!!

"And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whose you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
-Joshua 24:15

Step follows step,
Hope follows courage.
Set your face toward danger
Set your heart on victory!

"Where is Elizabeth?"
"She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington just like she promised, and you get to die for her just like you promised. So we're all men of our word, really....except for Elizabeth who is, in fact, a woman."
~Will Turner and Jack Sparrow, POTC

fROdO LIVeS!!!!
HobbitChick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 03:04 AM   #80
Hrothgar
Hobbit

ok, I know I am a newbie, but please hear me out.

I too am of the opinion that the younger generation love Legolas because of his youth. I know this partly because I have been told I look like Orlando, I don't think I do, but there you are. When I ask people why they think so, most just say it's the lips and eyes, and that I look young. Heck, I am 21 and still can't go to see a movie or buy alcohol (the legal age here is 18) without being asked for I.D.

My mother loves Viggo, so it seems that older people like the rugged type. Oddly I haven't heard anyone speak about liking Elijah. The biggest Hobbit sex symbol around here seems to be Billy Boyd (Pippin).

No one is without fault

Amo discere linguam Latinam, potero enim docere eam.

To see my face go hither
http://46728074.home.icq.com/personal.html
Hrothgar is offline   Reply With Quote