Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-26-2003, 04:19 PM   #61
Ninquelote
Elven Warrior

C'mon people- THIS IS TOLKIEN. There are certain RULES you have to follow that are SO OBVOIUS that it just makes me sick when I see characters like these!

XIAN- for hating Wiccans.
MURDERER- for hating vegetarians.
PREP- for hating Goths.

These are a few of my favourite things, the hypocritical stylings of the most "liberal" groups.
Ninquelote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 09:31 PM   #62
Brokehorn4000
Elven Warrior

Alright, so there are rules! Please, understand that these are the mooter's own interpretation of the LotR story (like their own additions; they aren't Tolkien himself anyway). This may upset die hard fans like yourself, but don't crudely insult original characters this way.
Old 03-26-2003, 10:14 PM   #63
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

YEh we are having a form of brain function called hmmm... I don't know if you have ever heard of it....FUN.

By the way since you want to be a smart arse then maybe I should tell you that "uncontinuitious" is not a word. My mum is an english teacher and said that it made no since but knew what you meant.
Stop being such a perfectonist and get off this thread since you have such strong feelings about peoples creativity in characters. I think Tolkien would not have a stroke if poeole used his books as windows to their creative minds. I bet some pople even started writing books from his novels.
And by the way there shall not be any smilies of jokes or playing with this messages only pure hatred to your stupid comment and a poisonous glance.
Old 03-26-2003, 10:16 PM   #64
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninquelote
If you want to start on this, we might as well go all-out and say that most of the characters aren't very good, for starters, or are uncontinuitious altogether.

NO PHOENIXES!
NO HALF HOBBITS HALF ELVES!
NO ROYALTY!
DON'T MAKE YOUR CHARACTERS IN RELATION TO OTHERS!
(i.e.: Second daughter of Elrond, wife of Legolas, sister of Aragorn, brother of Celebrian...)
Oh, and by the way there are half elves in ME.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:09 AM   #65
Ithilwin
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninquelote
If you want to start on this, we might as well go all-out and say that most of the characters aren't very good, for starters, or are uncontinuitious altogether.

NO PHOENIXES!
NO ROYALTY!
(i.e.: Second daughter of Elrond, wife of Legolas, sister of Aragorn, brother of Celebrian...)
Everyone can create their character,that's their decision how to use their imagination to create it as they want it.It's their character,they can do everything they want with it,give it any background as long as it makes them happy!So what if one's character has a relation with a character of the books or anything,it's their problem!It's nobody's work to tell someone what his/hers character needs to be like or judge them!

Last edited by Ithilwin : 03-27-2003 at 09:10 AM.
Ithilwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 09:10 AM   #66
Nerindel
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Gwaimir:Hate to be a party pooper, but Tolkien said there were three unions between the Eldar and the Edain.
ummm yes I know that but this is a character from my imagination
not tolkiens. (hmm maybe it's something that I think there should have been more of, as I think it wouldn't have be hard for humans to fall in love with elves after all they were the most beautiful and wisest of Ilúvatar's children)
Éomer King of Rohan

Aa'menealle nauva calen ar'malta
Nerindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 11:25 AM   #67
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
*Grumbles This is a quote from Sicirus, but school comps are beyond stupid...

I think Tolkien would not have a stroke if poeole used his books as windows to their creative minds. I bet some pople even started writing books from his novels.

Actually there are. Take yours trule, Silverstripe and Lubyla for three, writing a novel about another world, but that never would have been started but for LOTR...and Entmoot ROLEPLAYING with our strange people as well. Heak, Silverstripe's brought shapeshifters into the world of tolkien, and it works just fine...

NO PHOENIXES!
NO ROYALTY!

now, I'm not sure who you refer to when you talk about Pheonixes, but sometimes people say "Fire Bird" and mean something compleatly opposite of that! And as for the half hobbit half elf thing, I agree my character is a little odd, but that's what makes Fran, Fran! How else would you explian her age, unatural beauty, or odd desire to comit suicide?
And lastly about the relation to others sometimes it just works best that way. Most girls would swoon over Legolas, but who do you explain someone who hates his guts? His sister naturally!
Sorry, maybe I shouldn't have posted these things, and will get into a big conflict over it now, but I HAVE been known to express my oppinion, and right now is when I feel I really needed to. Also, you can't have boundaries to imagination. What happens, happens, or that's how it happens with me. I don't just sit down and create a person, the person grows, as I roleplay with her. Bell jjust rang g2g. Later.
~*Faith*~
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Fred Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 03:52 PM   #68
goldiegollum
Enting

My character (the only one that i have used... i might use another someday...dunno.) is kind of like an exagerated version of myself:

Race: might have been an elf if it wasn't so short... could have been a hobbit if it was shorter...might have been gollum if it didn't have so much hair on it's head and was less cheerful...decidedly not a dwarf (it would annoy them to death)...is possibly human...then again, possibly not (or at least i like to think so

Physical traits:
-Short and small (dunno how short...it depends, but definatley short )
-Long goldish curly hair (hence goldiegollum)
-BARE FEET!!!
-big boney hands (and feet)...suitable for climbing.

Age: dunno. I am the age where you get out of bed in the morning and you have three random eye-brow hairs sticking strait out on the bridge of your nose, threatening to form a unibrow

Personality Traits:
-V. hyper/annoying
-random weirdness
-Almost always in a HAPPY mood!
-doesn't usually know wnat's going on (i'm not nieve...i'm just forgetful!!! ) (Eh???)
-Honest, means well...but can cause/get into trouble (he he)
-Gollum and puck are my alter-egos!!!!!!! (can convert to gollum mode when someone steels my squeaky, or...yeah.)

Hobbies:
-TREE CLIMBING (YES! HAPPY HAPPY, YAAAAAY!!!)
-CLIMBING IN GENERAL!!!!!
-SINGING!!!!! (all the time...)
-listening to the squeaky with an insane smile (*squeaka-squeaka-squeaka*)

Skills: prettly lousy with weapons i think...but very good at climbing!

Most prized posession: THE SQUEAKY!!! the squeaky is a little silver and red dragonfly hair clip... about two inches long and an inch (?) high. when you clip and unclip it...it squeaks!! the sound can be (depending on the individual) dangerously adictive and extremley powerful. IT"S MINE! MY PRECIOUS!!!!!!

But WHY...

I am the holder of the squeaky.
*squeaka-squeaka-squeaka*
goldiegollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 11:10 PM   #69
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred Baggins
*Grumbles This is a quote from Sicirus, but school comps are beyond stupid...

I think Tolkien would not have a stroke if poeole used his books as windows to their creative minds. I bet some pople even started writing books from his novels.

Actually there are. Take yours trule, Silverstripe and Lubyla for three, writing a novel about another world, but that never would have been started but for LOTR...and Entmoot ROLEPLAYING with our strange people as well. Heak, Silverstripe's brought shapeshifters into the world of tolkien, and it works just fine...

NO PHOENIXES!
NO ROYALTY!

now, I'm not sure who you refer to when you talk about Pheonixes, but sometimes people say "Fire Bird" and mean something compleatly opposite of that! And as for the half hobbit half elf thing, I agree my character is a little odd, but that's what makes Fran, Fran! How else would you explian her age, unatural beauty, or odd desire to comit suicide?
And lastly about the relation to others sometimes it just works best that way. Most girls would swoon over Legolas, but who do you explain someone who hates his guts? His sister naturally!
Sorry, maybe I shouldn't have posted these things, and will get into a big conflict over it now, but I HAVE been known to express my oppinion, and right now is when I feel I really needed to. Also, you can't have boundaries to imagination. What happens, happens, or that's how it happens with me. I don't just sit down and create a person, the person grows, as I roleplay with her. Bell jjust rang g2g. Later.
~*Faith*~
Personally, I don't know why people even call it "Middle-earth" or "LOTR" roleplaying. It's so very out of whack with Tolkien's world, why not just call it something else?

BTW, there aren't Half-Elves. There are folk with Elven blood, but they choose to belong to one of the Kindreds. And I don't think there are any records of Elves wedding Hobbits.

Um...Elves are suicidal? Never knew that...

Also, I can't imagine an Elf-maiden hating her brother. At least, not unless he was someone like Maeglin, or some other very unheroic Elf.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 01:40 AM   #70
Fred Baggins

*rolls eyes* Please they have emotions and feeling just like normal people! AGH! If a human sister can hate her brother, can't a elf sister hate her elven brother? Have you read the Sillmarillion? Feanor hated his brother.
It's NOT out of wack with tolkiens world! It's what people have imagined as THEY read the books. What people imagine MIGHT be able to happen! *Runs fingers through hair*
Just nevermind. I'm going to shut my mouth right now, because at the moment I am really...upset. But anyway, this thread was not made for posting your belifes, go do that in the Genaral Forum, or in the books or something I don't care where. THis thread is for posting the characters for LOTR ROLEPLAYING.

Goodnight!

edit: By the way, I would like to point out the irony, that you just said there is no such thing as half-elves...look at your sig! And no elves are not suicidal...you would have to understand Fran to understand that statement. And now I truely will stop.
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>

Last edited by Fred Baggins : 03-29-2003 at 01:43 AM.
Old 03-29-2003, 10:42 PM   #71
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Ok enough with the discussion. If someone has a problem with the thread then just don't go to it. Very simple really.
Oh and Fred Baggins never regrette puting your strange but insanely interesting characters on this thread. I liked them alot.

goldiegollum I like you creature. Very nice combanations of character.
Old 03-30-2003, 05:50 PM   #72
Ninquelote
Elven Warrior

Ach, you people just don't get it. It can't be called Tolkien or Lord of The Rings roleplaying if it doesn't make sense with the book.

Yes, people wrote books based off Lord of The Rings, but they didn't call it 'Lord of The Rings', did they? No. That's why I don't complain about them, I complain about people who think they can get away with making characters that are so out there and still call them Lord of The Rings characters.

Fine, be horrible roleplayers, I don't mind.

PREP- for hating Goths.

These are a few of my favourite things, the hypocritical stylings of the most "liberal" groups.
Old 03-30-2003, 05:52 PM   #73
Ninquelote
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred Baggins
THis thread is for posting the characters for LOTR ROLEPLAYING.
Exactly. LoTR roleplaying. Not simple fantasy/medieval roleplaying. You seem to have contradicted yourself there, eh?

PREP- for hating Goths.

Old 03-30-2003, 06:07 PM   #74
Ninquelote
Elven Warrior

I'm not telling you how to roleplay. I'm sure your characters are fine (unless they have no personality or something) in a normal medieval/fantasy roleplay. However, in Tolkien, they are horrible and in my opinion they should all be thrown into a very, very large, exceedingly deep hole. I believe the world of Tolkien would be greatly improved by their nonexistance.

I'm only staying among you terrible roleplayers because I'm trying to show you that you can't get away with making 'shapeshifters', 'half hobbits', and 'phoenixes' in Tolkien, because it's simply stupid.

PREP- for hating Goths.

Old 03-30-2003, 06:26 PM   #75
Gwaimir Windgem

Yes, Elves have emotions and feelings, but they are far less petty than Men. Feanor was one-of-a-kind, and he was, frankly, a jerk. Also, just a nitpick, but that was his half-brother, not his brother.

Quote:
I'm sure your characters are fine (unless they have no personality or something) in a normal medieval/fantasy roleplay
I agree with this statement. The characters would be fine in a normal roleplay. But I see absolutely no point in calling it LOTR or Middle-earth if you are just going to make it inconsistent with Tolkien's world.

Also, about shapeshifters, don't forget Beorn.

P. S. "Half-elven" was a title of Elrond; it is not a race.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 03-30-2003, 06:36 PM   #76
Ninquelote
Elven Warrior

Yes, yes I know about Beorn, but I'm talking about your everyday hobbit/elf/man being a shapeshifter.

PREP- for hating Goths.

Old 03-30-2003, 06:41 PM   #77
Gwaimir Windgem

Elves aren't everyday. And Hobbits, of course, have no magic about them at all, except for the everyday kind which allows them to walk silently and disappear when they wish.

But Beorn was a Man...

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 03-30-2003, 07:13 PM   #78
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

This is the first time I've noticed you post in the RPG forum, Gwaimir. Great to have you here!
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 12:47 AM   #79
Fred Baggins

*Takes a deep breath* Thank you Sircirus.

And thankyou others for expressing you opinion. I'm sorry that we seem to disagree so much, for that DOES put quite a damper on our relationship. Perhaps I shall see you areound in other threads, but if this one is going to turn into nothing but people argueing about the correct way to roleplay, then I'm afraid for my own sanity if I can't drop my science class then I drop this thread.

To the others of you who agree with me, then I shall see you around.

~*Fred Baggins*~
()_))_Crayola_))_>

Last edited by Fred Baggins : 03-31-2003 at 12:48 AM.
Old 03-31-2003, 12:10 PM   #80
Gwaimir Windgem

Nope, don't worry, I'm butting out now.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle