Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 10:33 AM   #61
QueenAnnesLace
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Well, you just said WAY more succinctly what I was trying to dance around. Psst, it's because she a friend of Janets.

Like this thread, then?
I'm not the one who brought her up.But you also see I haven't flamed anyone.It's no secret how she feels about me,but I guess because I'm new or maybe that I happen to be friends with SGH,I'm supposed to keep quiet. And she isn't the only person that was banned by the way.

I've dealt with a lot of people that are pretty devious and all you can do is roll with the punches and learn from it.It's too bad so many people think that they have to lie for fear of not being accepted,or whatever their motivation,but that's the way it is and it's like a chain reaction.

Val-I also hope this thread gets closed.I'm not the first or last person to go off topic.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:36 AM   #62
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Rats... yet ANOTHER grand post of mine consigned to the bottom of a page!

PS - see bottom of previous page!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 05-25-2004, 10:40 AM   #63
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Linaewen
I agree with those who have said that it's unfair to discuss Ruinel without her being able to defend herself. So this is her side in response to SGH's above post:

Btw: I'm relaying her messages because I want to get her side of it across since she obviously can't do it herself, though this whole thread has been about it. Ruinel (Hey ) is not making me do this at all- I want to.
There is so much more to this than any of you know. As for Ruinel's post, I did not harass her in email. I emailed her about her ban and she emailed, (very abruply I might add) back. All I did was respond to her never ending tantrums and outbursts, consisting of a great deal of cursing and implications. Then she has the gall to say I'm harassing her?
Why do I have to go into a defensive mode on this board everytime I carry out a moderating decision? When I did the spring cleaning and placed the few new rules for the forum at the top of the main page, I was determined to carry them out and try to change some things so that GMs would be a bit more inviting. I am not picking on anyone, or playing favorites, and I am frankly sick of all the criticism. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. You can hate me, or like me, but since it is up to me to carry out the more unpleasent aspects of administrating, then I expect the unpleasent feelings from members. I will not justfy my decisions to any of you and you don't have to agree with me. All I'm getting from you is if I don't enforce the rules, I'm wrong. If I do enforce the rules and deal out a little punishment, I'm wrong and I'm showing favoritism. When I carry out a ban on a member, creating multiple accounts to get around it is a blatant defiance and shows a total lack of respect for this board, its rules, and its staff. I you don't see it that way, then OH WELL! Thanks for all the support.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-25-2004, 10:55 AM   #64
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Hey guys, I guess I missed most of the drama (I couldn't get on this weekend) but I have to say I agree, Entmoot is becoming less friendly, too much politics, not enough Tolkien! I spend most of my Entoot time right now in RPGs, (but then, I've got three major ones coming to an end.)
I have nothing to say on Ruinel's ban. I really like Ruinel (my wife, ) but I don't know enough about the situation to say anything. SGH, well, I have to be honest, please don't tske offense, but it seems to me that you've lost some of your sense of fun in the board. That is not completely your fault, people are not always cool to you. (And the whole "unfriendly Entmoot" aspect). But I think EVERYONE needs to remeber that this is aboard for the purpose of people who love Tolkien, to come togethr and discuss Tolkien and other things (GM, Entertainment etc.)

What we need to do is intersperse mor "fun" threads in with the srious and political threads.

Anyways I'll post more later, I have to go to History class (which I am brutally failing, due to lack of effort.)

Finrod
Aaron
Old 05-25-2004, 10:57 AM   #65
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
Why do I have to go into a defensive mode on this board everytime I carry out a moderating decision? When I did the spring cleaning and placed the few new rules for the forum at the top of the main page, I was determined to carry them out and try to change some things so that GMs would be a bit more inviting. I am not picking on anyone, or playing favorites, and I am frankly sick of all the criticism. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. You can hate me, or like me, but since it is up to me to carry out the more unpleasent aspects of administrating, then I expect the unpleasent feelings from members. I will not justfy my decisions to any of you and you don't have to agree with me. All I'm getting from you is if I don't enforce the rules, I'm wrong. If I do enforce the rules and deal out a little punishment, I'm wrong and I'm showing favoritism. When I carry out a ban on a member, creating multiple accounts to get around it is a blatant defiance and shows a total lack of respect for this board, its rules, and its staff. I you don't see it that way, then OH WELL! Thanks for all the support.
Well, if someone disagrees with your decisions over time, what would you have them do? Keep quiet about it and just leave the board when they've had enough, or discuss things and get it out of the way? You don't want any feedback at all?
Old 05-25-2004, 11:36 AM   #66
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Artanis
Well, if someone disagrees with your decisions over time, what would you have them do? Keep quiet about it and just leave the board when they've had enough, or discuss things and get it out of the way? You don't want any feedback at all?
I have no problem with feedback. I do have a problem with defying an action I have taken, not discussing it beforehand, and being continuously cursed at when discussing it. When you know both sides, then you can be critical of me.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-25-2004, 11:37 AM   #67
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Artanis
I'm sure she likes feedback, but as an ex-admin I know that feedback is much more apreciated when it comes through PM or ICQ/AIM.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:31 PM   #68
Artanis

Quote:
Originally posted by Fat middle
I'm sure she likes feedback, but as an ex-admin I know that feedback is much more apreciated when it comes through PM or ICQ/AIM.
In a case like this, which obviously is stirring up many people's feelings, I would say it is better to discuss it in the open than through PM or IM.

That's probably one of the reasons why I will never become a mod/admin.

Last edited by Artanis : 05-25-2004 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:58 PM   #69
Artanis

Quote:
I have no problem with feedback. I do have a problem with defying an action I have taken, not discussing it beforehand, and being continuously cursed at when discussing it.
I take it it is Ruinel's alleged behaviour you're talking about here? The feedback I was talking about, is the opinions posted here from other members of the board which, as it seems to me, made you ask: "Why do I have to go into a defensive mode on this board everytime I carry out a moderating decision?" I honestly think it's a healthy sign when people question authorities and their decisions. It's nothing personal, just plain disagreement.
Quote:
When you know both sides, then you can be critical of me.
The problem is, I don't know any side at all.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:06 PM   #70
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
The problem is, I don't know any side at all.
Isn't it enough to know that she is under a permanent ban and is still posting in the Ano account? Isn't it enough to know that she is posting communications off the board between her and I? Go read the thread that she managed to start although she is under a ban.

As for feedback, I have no problem with it as long as it is presented in a decent way.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-25-2004, 01:22 PM   #71
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
As for feedback, I have no problem with it as long as it is presented in a descent way.
Descent? You mean from Ben to you?

Sorry, bad pun. Worthy of Val's
Old 05-25-2004, 01:25 PM   #72
Valandil

Quote:
...Sorry, bad pun. Worthy of Val's
WHAT!!!?? Is THAT how you guys talk about me in the Moderator Forum???

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Old 05-25-2004, 01:27 PM   #73
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Descent? You mean from Ben to you?

Sorry, bad pun. Worthy of Val's
Descent? What are you babbling about?

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-25-2004, 01:29 PM   #74
Valandil

Quote:
Descent? What are you babbling about?
I think you originally meant 'decent'... rather than 'descent' (what you said) which is how something has come down.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 05-25-2004, 01:29 PM   #75
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
WHAT!!!?? Is THAT how you guys talk about me in the Moderator Forum???

Nope. That's how we talk about you openly!

BTW: i cannot access tothe mod forum, since I'm now just a crappy forum moderatorof La Camara de los Ents, a hidden forum
Old 05-25-2004, 01:33 PM   #76
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
I think you originally meant 'decent'... rather than 'descent' (what you said) which is how something has come down.
She means that she has edited it
Old 05-25-2004, 01:35 PM   #77
Valandil

Quote:
She means that she has edited it
No fair! How come a moderator can edit their work and not have that little "last edited at 12:25 pm on May 25, 2004" down at the bottom of the post???

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 05-25-2004, 01:40 PM   #78
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Well, at least she was keeping thread on topic
Old 05-25-2004, 01:41 PM   #79
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
No fair! How come a moderator can edit their work and not have that little "last edited at 12:25 pm on May 25, 2004" down at the bottom of the post???
Cause we're special.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-25-2004, 01:45 PM   #80
Valandil

Quote:
Well, at least she was keeping thread on topic
Huh? Why you looking at me?

ANYWAY... since we're off topic (I don't like the topic anyway - it can lead to trouble - plus it's a duplicate of the one I bumped a couple hours ago - which was started, ironically, by Blackboar!)... anyway, since we ARE off topic...

I've started THREE COOL THREADS in the Tolkien forums these past couple hours. Everyone scoot on up there, see what you think and have your say!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Closed Thread