Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2004, 05:20 PM   #61
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Demon lord?

Akkar decided to join with Jan, Pansy, and Callinya, largely based on his gut feelings. He hoped he was doing the right thing for his men. He cast a glace at Farkad, who seemed to maintain some suspicion. Greyson and Aranak seemed relaxed enough, and he knew Hamish and Hamid wouldn't have any issues since they already knew Callinya, and got on well with Pansy.
"So, this is the group eh?" said Akkar. "This leaves the obvious question: where are we going?"
"And do we have enough people to accomplish this task?" added Aranek. "Or who else should we ask?"
"I heard of a wonder, Darragon I think he's called?" said Hamish, somewhat randomly.
Greyson, who was sitting beside Akkar, said quietly to him: "Don't you want to go back to Harad? What about our families?"
Akkar thought of his children, his wife, his brother, and his neice. There were a lot of people that were counting on him, though Leylani (his wife) and his brother were more than capapble of taking care of the children. How did things fare in Harad?
"Pansy, you said that the King wanted you as a peaceful emmissary to Harad," Akkar realized, "Are you saying you want to come with us to Harad? How do the rest of you feel?"

OOC: Hamish's comment leaves other characters in addition to Twista's the opportunity to join. Also, let's go to Harad please please!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 10:32 PM   #62
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC:Gone one day...and this happens. Well my character is mysterious and I suppose quite goes right along with that.

IC:
Callinya had sat quite in the corner for a while but at the mention of Harad her ears pricked. "D..did you say Harrad?" She asked trying to keep her voice under control. "AH HA! I knew something was up with you Cal you didn't say a word the last 20 min.!" Hamish exclaimed. Suddenly Callinya was in his face bearing down on him like a mother bear when she thought her cubs were in danger "I told you never to call me that," she growled. "Hey Callinya what's the matter? We'd have thought you'd have wanted to go home. Is there something you're not telling us?" Hamid asked slowly pulling her off his brother. "You used to talk all the time Callinya. Nonstop almost. You couldn't wait to get back to Harad from the last war. What happened?" Callinya didn't answer Hamid for a long time, well aware of the fact that they were all staring at her. Finally she spoke, "There have been more wars at home than you think. People have died...alot of people. I don't know who because my family was the first to go and I left after that and I've never been back. I'm sorry if I scared you Hamish." No said anything for a moment until Hamish said "You don't scare me Cal outside that ruff exterior I know there's a fluffy bunny inside! Which is oddly enough true because if yo uwanted to you could turn into a fluffy bunny!" This time everyone was looking at Hamish. "Well thank you Hamish. You were always the...different one," Callinya said. The rest of the group still seemed a little wary of Callinya but at least now they knew why she was the way she was. Most of the group was to wrapped up in what she had told them to really be thinking about trust at the moment. The fact that there had been fighting in their homes where their families lived hit them all like an Oliphaunt going at top speed.

OOC:Just in case you havn't noticed Hamish is the only one who gets to call her Cal....I'm not quit sure why. I just thought someone should be an exception to the rule.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 12:31 AM   #63
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Ahh, so now your going to use Darrigon.
"Well, to the table over there. Come on! Still as slow as ever. I see." said I, smiling so brightly that it seemed to illuminate the room.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 01:58 AM   #64
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

After what Callinya had said, everyone was solemn. Pansy was not the solemn type, in fact, it made her uneasy.
"Yes, I do plan to go with you to Harad, if that is what you are doing. I think that's what the King had in mind, though I wouldn't object to a bit of an adventure." she said.

ooc; does the war thing affect nurv's plan? Just wondering.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 02:49 AM   #65
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: Huzzah for Pip! I LOVE Monty Python! So funny!

The Haradrim seemed to accept the others, so Rorin decided that he might as well join too. He approached the table and said, "Here now, I'd like to come too."

ooc: ô Brave Sir Robin ran away ô

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 03:53 AM   #66
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: I think the war gives everyone a good reason to go to Harad, score!

"You have news from Harad? We do not know how our homeland fared in the war, we have heard nothing since we left," said Akkar, deeply worried. "We must leave for Harad immediately!" Akkar stood up quickly, adding, "I have a family that I cannot abandon, I have left them too long already." He reached for his pack and sword. "I never should have left them," he added more quietly.
"You had no choice Akkar," said Greyson.
"None of us did," added Farkad, "But we'll come with you now."
"It is time we went home," said Hamish. "I sincerely hope you will join us Callinya," he said, hoping his rare use of her full name would let her understand his urgency.
"Yes, we will need all the help we can. We don't know what we'll find when we get home. I hope that all of you will join us in Harad," Akkar said. Only now he realized that a newcomer had spoken to them.
"You wish to join us as well? We could use your help friend," Akkar said to the Dwarf, suspicions of strangers forgotten in his urgency.
"What new do you have of home Callinya?" asked Hamid.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 02-27-2004, 08:15 AM   #67
Fimbrethil

OOC: Moty Python is great.

IC:
"The only news I have of home is what I just told you. I think they could have held off the enemy for this long. But I think it would be safest to go back now." Callinya said with an apoligetic glance to the group. "If there are eneimes trying to take over your homes then you shouldn't ride back without being prepared for the worst, and who knows maybe they have taken the city then what would happen if you just storde right in?" Rorin said despite the fact that he was the newest member of thier little group. "Quit right! I was thinking the same thing....I shall fly ahead of you and scout out home, while you guys are on your way. Then when I meet on the road, lets say in seven days, I'll give you an update and we can all go from there." Callinya said wanting to prove she was trust worthy after her little outburst. "Hey you've still got in you Cal!" Hamish said to her. "Yes I do believe he is right. That is a very good plan. Alright men! Get sleep tonight! Tomorrow we move out and head for home!" Akkar yelled to the less than jovial group.

OOC: I'm going to take a vote here. 1)Who wants home to be mess and taken by the enemy? 2) Or who wants home to a be a mess but safe from the enemy who waits outside it's walls? 3)Or who wants home not to be a mess but we all vow vengenace on those who hurt your loved ones and we have to go after them? Now the only problem with number three is one of your family members would have to die. The other two we assume they would....but they don't have too. Vote and I'll take off then I'll catch you guys up on it!

Old 02-27-2004, 01:25 PM   #68
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Worship the Python, it is very Monty. I like all the options, so whatever you guys pick.
Quote:
Old 02-27-2004, 06:15 PM   #69
Amea
Elven Warrior

Strider

Devak: I'm not slow!!!!!!! *fallows jan to the table, with her hood still up,*
*She looks at around and a smile crosses her face*
You are going to Harad? Then you will need my servaces (sp)
Akkar: What makes you think we need you?
Devak: *smiles and her hood falls back, to reveal silver hair and a crestent moon scar on her fore-head* I am the only one who knows what is happening on the roads to and from Harad, *a high noise echoes through the bar-room, devak turns around to face the noise, A small dragon like creature lands on devak's sholder (sp, I think), She is silver and her eyes are blue like Devak's, Devak pets the creature* Good Picalo, have any news for me?
OOC:I'm going to stop there because I don't know what you guys want to do from here, I vote 1 but that's my opion

*devak laughs crazily*
Blue: Oh boy, She's cracked, She's gone nuts, Devak, Devak get a grip.
*Devak grabs blue by the throat*
Blue: Good grip
Duh! I've got markers!!!! :P
Amea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 07:54 PM   #70
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

I vote 2 or 3! battles and revenge are both fun. 1 is just depressing, lol.

I have nothing else to say, I just wanted to put in my vote.

Old 02-27-2004, 08:32 PM   #71
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Ater riding a while, Boin dismounted his horse and led him to a nearby shadowed place. After tieing him up, Boin walked a few feet off to the side a nd waited. He knew the group would pass by here, they had to to get to Harad. While he waited, he thought about what Terenin wanted him to do. Boin shook his head, he would not do what his commander asked him to. To kill innocent people, families for that matter, was just too much. He had a wife and son of his own and he knew the pain the men would feel when they returned home to find their families lying on the floor, dead. Instead, he would wait for them to come by and warn them Terenin might be there, or another one of his pawns. Quietly, he watched the road as the sky darkened and the air became chill.

ooc: I like 2, Fim. Also, if my post messed anything up, just tell me.
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 08:56 PM   #72
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

2 is the best[shoulder]

"Well then, shall we?" I asked with an air of impatience. "I beleive that master dwarf would wish to come too. I think he should come."

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 10:25 PM   #73
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

With a nod from Akkar, the Haradrim left to ready their horses and gear. Akkar stayed at the table. "Is that how you have news of the road?" he said, indicating the dragon-like creature. "What is your name? Tell us more about yourself. I'm Akkar," he said.

OOC: Let's get this show on the road! Woo hoo! This is exciting. It seems that 2 is the best choice, but we shouldn't go too easy on our characters. I think it's more believeable if we suffer some harm.
Quote:
Old 02-27-2004, 10:38 PM   #74
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Pansy followed the others out to the stable (teehee). The men lead thier horses out of thier stalls and begant to tack up. Pansy walked past them and to the last stall.
"Hullo, Cory!" she said to her black pinto attack llama. She handed him a carrot and lead him to where the men saddled thier horses. She absent-mindedly tied Cory into the cross ties and gathered up her pack. Farkad shrieked when Cory spit onto his shoes unexpectantly.
"Dear Eru, man, what is it?" asked Greyson.
"It's a llama!" said Farkad, taking a second look at Cory.
"An attack llama, if you don't mind." said Pansy as she strapped on the packs.
"But, why are you riding a llama?" asked Greyson.
"Why shouldn't I?" asked Pansy.
"Well, I've never heard of someone riding a llama before."
"That doesn't mean that people don't."
"Are you saying that all hobbits ride llamas?"
"No. Just me. This is Cory." replied Pansy.
"Are we ready?" asked Jan

tehee. CORY THE CARROT-LOVING ATTACK LLAMA!

Old 02-27-2004, 11:13 PM   #75
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

"A llama?" said Greyson, confused.
"They're from the Eastern mountains, I think," elaborated Farkad. "I've only read about them, never seen one before."
Aranek already has his horse packed and saddled, so he started getting Akkar's horse ready. He patted the dapple war stallion's nose affectionately. He was the only horse that had survived from Harad, all the others had been rescued from the battlefield after the battle at the Black Gate.
Quote:
Old 02-28-2004, 12:20 AM   #76
Fimbrethil

Quote:
Originally posted by Gulio, Strength of Many
ooc: I choose cake!
Cake it is then! Alright enemy outside Harad's walls....city in ruins(almost)....some family dead but not all of them. That seems to be the main consensious (I bet I spelled that wrong). What are you doing Amea! I'm supposed to be the informat! That was my job! Now I have nothing to do! *sobs histerically in the corner rocking back and forth until I am presented a carrot by an unmientionable someone* You will have to ignore me I'm on a suger hi right now. HEY! I know they way around the city and the little bird thingy doesn't! SCORE! Oh and I'll meet back up with you guys when yo uget to where Bion is waiting on the road. SO YOU HAVE TO STOP AND TALK TO HIM OR ELSE YO UWON"T SEE ME AGAIN UNTIL YOU REACH THE CITY!!!!

IC:
"Well my friends, here is where I leave you. I will meet up with on the road once I gather all the information. It will be after nightfall when I shall join with you again. Until then farwell!" Callinya said said as climbed the wall. Once on top of the roof she turned into a falcon and soared away to the muffled good byes of her friends.

OOC: I'll post more later.

Old 02-28-2004, 02:02 PM   #77
Amea
Elven Warrior

Strider

Devak:Yes and no, Akkar, My name? All you need to know is that they call me devak. I know this enemy, And I know how they work...
Akkar: So why do you want to help us?
Devak: *smiles* Do you really want to know? Well, Let's say I have a score to settle. I'll leave it at that for now, I don't know if I can trust you... Picalo is the best at spying and I can see through her eyes so I will know where things are hidden and keys to traps and what not. Now, may I join your party?
OOC:Sorry I'm not trying to be an informant, I'm just trying to introduce my character. Sorry if I did something stumped (sp)

*devak laughs crazily*
Old 02-28-2004, 04:11 PM   #78
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Sounds great Fim! Yea! The microwave is back!

"Good luck Cal," said Hamish, as the falcon rose into the sky.

"Well, we do need someone who knows a bit about the enemy, and another warrior will help us a lot too. Welcome aboard Devak," said akkar, shaking Devak's hand. "I suggest we leave as soon as possible." Akkar strapped on his sword and backpack, preparing to leave.
Quote:
Old 02-28-2004, 09:03 PM   #79
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Boin sighed as he quietly moved to another side of the road, so he could get a better angle of people coming. He hoped they would leave soon, or it would be too late. Behind him, there cam a sound of a cracking twig. Quickly, he drew his dagger and turned around. No one was there; that he could see anyway. He kept a weary eye out for any movement. Both on the road and off.

ooc: I'm going to go see Passion tonight!! I cant wait! It's going to be soooo sad Have any of you already seen it?
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 09:07 PM   #80
Amea
Elven Warrior

Strider

Devak:*nods* It's a pleasure... I guess,
Picalo: *flies over to Akkar and lands on his sholder and starts to nuzzle his neck*
Devak: *jaw drops* Picalo? come here now! *grabs Picalo*
Picalo: *squaks in protest*
Devak: I am so sorry for her behavior... she never acted like that before especally, with strangers, *Blushes* So shall we get going, I'll go get my horse...

*devak laughs crazily*