Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-26-2002, 10:36 PM   #61
Littledude87
Hobbit

Gimli

Christon Hefted his long double bladed axe and stroked his beard thoughtfully as he stared at the ragtag group before him. All he had caought was the word dwarf. If only he could get a bit closer. HE crept forward stealthily, and then tripped, rolling into the midst of them
Littledude87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 06:55 PM   #62
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

You frigging moron.

Do you even read the entire posts before you write something? HELLO! This thread is not a roleplay!

You shouldnt have even Joined the 'Into the Barrows' game without registering for it FIRST! (Again you would have realized this if you had read this entire thread). Personally I think you are makeing a complete fool of yourself you've freekin joined every single roleplay here in a day. ITS NOT COOL TO GOT FOR QUAnTITY DUDE. If you cant write well for even ONE RP at a time you shouldnt even think of Joining so many at once. CUT THE ****.

To: Hot_wings / I know you are the gamemaster and you have final say about everything, but this guy is driving me nuts.
Feraway Hawkbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 11:43 PM   #63
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

okay, delchrys, I give you kudos for having the guts to yell at me, but let me ask you something:

Have you READ the books?

Remember when Legolas jumps up on freshly-packed snow and takes off runnign on it, leaving no footprints? I think there may be a dispute on just how silent Elves can be. What my friends and I have come up with is this: Elves don't weigh nealy as much as they should. I nother words, they can walk silently through leaves, snow, on floorboards, whatever. Oh, and Elves aren't stupid. They don't just follow someone for no reason. Other Elves will most likely assume that if an Elf is following them, they have a good reason to be. KEY PHRASE: Elves are not men!

That said, I don't want to argue about this anymore. I was found, big deal, whoopie, let's just get on with it. I mean, why are we getting all worked up about this anyway. I admire you spirit, delchrys. Now let's play the game.

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 05:33 AM   #64
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Nariel I think the point of of Delchrys' post was that it feels your character is a tad on the Uber-Elf side. Sorta like a bad parody of a b-movie hero. She is always trying to suppress a cocky grin as if she knows she can single handedly take out a battalion of Uruk Hai and not break a sweat.

Yes you can be fast. But, don't think your pushing the plausiblity of moving SO fast that my character would not have noticed.

Even with the flash off light to get TWO daggers into your quiver AND tuck in your tunic, and make it seem as if nothing happened is a little extreme, considering that there are TWO Elves in close proximity?

And if YOU weren't affected by the flash why would the other two elves be?

The premise of the game was that it was going to attempt to emulate the feeling of tolkien's world. Your character the smell of
Quote:
munchkin
all over it. ( it is a rpg term for uber-characters)

No your character is not shooting fireballs outta her arse, but it seems like she is a high level DnD archer thief and not a just a competent character.

As far as your statement about Elves and weight I think you are wrong to be THAT light they would weigh about as much as leaves themselves. It probably just like their other innate abilites.

Also at the time of the LOTR people were quite suspisious of strangers. Eomer's eothed almost slew the three companions. The people in Bree were not the inviting much of people. And Elves themselves were not that welcoming. Recall how the fellowship was greeted at Lorien.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.

Last edited by afro-elf : 01-28-2002 at 05:38 AM.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 07:17 AM   #65
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

PS

Nariel I do think your character is interesting and I hope that you don't think that myself or delchrys were attacking YOU.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Old 01-28-2002, 08:58 AM   #66
delchrys
Hobbit

nariel--

i am glad i did not offend you, as offense was not my intent.
i DID read the series, multiple times.

might i suggest that hot-wings consider posting a bit more often to adjucate questionable circumstances?

--me
delchrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 02:01 PM   #67
Legolas
Elven Warrior

Nariel:
a bit of physics - determination whether a person makes something crackle beneath his feet is due to his WEIGHT. And determination whether a person can move on the snow without leaving footprints is due to his PRESSURE to the area. You know, weight P=m*g; and pressure p=F/S, where S means area size. In conclusion, a living creature just can NOT walk upon the floorboards without making them crackle. (OK, I'm mad about physics, I love the subject at school )
Also, about uber-chars. I at first thought to make an uber-elf of Hawair. Just look about my eye-sharpness . But then, I realised that this won't be good. So, Hawair is deadly precise and with high discernement, but with low endurance and reaction speed.
And, if we talk about discernement - you just CANNOT do anything unnoticed if Hawair looks to you, or is near you
Anyway, I'm writing total nonsenses
Old 01-28-2002, 08:29 PM   #68
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

Littledude87..78?..whatever.

Ok, my last post to you was, rather harsh. I appologise. However you really need to start paying more attention to what you're posting in and you need to register and get the game master's go ahead before you just decide to join a roleplay. kay?
Old 01-29-2002, 10:54 AM   #69
Griffin
Hobbit

Strider Will be withdrawing...

For several reasons, I have decided to withdraw from this particular game. I am sorry for any annoyance or inconvienance...
Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 03:16 PM   #70
delchrys
Hobbit

it seems as though this "game" is focusing waaaaay too much on whether or not so-and-so "did" something or "saw" something...if hot-wings was a little more active about replies, i suppose things would not be so chaotic.

i guess my point is that i joined this game thinking we would be enjoying the playing of a game, not a series of childish argumentation. not that i'd be much missed if i stopped posting, so it's not a threat so much as simple FYI, but i am not going to be posting much longer if this continues without action.

in other words--players: stop being so unfocused and immature (some of you, not all).
hot-wings: start acting responsibly towards this group rather than expecting us to run things. i can run myself through solo adventures quite fine, thank you; i joined this for a fresh, 'group' experience, but we can do nothing without you keeping everyone focused. i.e., BE A GAME MASTER OR PEOPLE ARE GOING TO LEAVE!

--me
Old 01-29-2002, 03:37 PM   #71
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

sad!

It is sad to see this happen.. really sad..
Old 01-30-2002, 01:01 AM   #72
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Okay, guys you've all got a point. My characters do usually turn out being a little cocky- sorry about that. I'll try to make her more realistic, but thanks for your stuff.

Hey why are we using the German words "Uber Elf"? Just out of curiosity. Why not use "High Elves" like in the books? Not that I mind, but I find it interesting...

Oh, and Legolas, I thought about what you said about weight and pressure and I think you're right, after all snowshoes make less of an impression than boots. ANyway, that is all.

Elen sila lumenn omentilmo!

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 01-30-2002, 08:31 AM   #73
Legolas
Elven Warrior

Nariel
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo" is a greeting "a star shines upon the hour of our meeting".
If you want to say "goodbye", then use "Namarie".

delchrys: I wonder what should we do if Hot_Wings do not respond quickly. Maybe any of us can become a game master (by vote of all members) until he arrives.
Old 01-30-2002, 09:07 AM   #74
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Nariel,

High Elves are a term that I believe were applied only to the Noldor. And I If I recall your character is from the Mirkwood area. You would most likely be Silvan, Avari, and at MOST Sindar. Noldor in this time period would be most likely at the Grey Havens, Rivendell, and some in Lorien.

Uber when applied to English it usually means something that is over done or too much.

Too everyone

I think that this game could go somewhere if we stuck it out.

If Hot wings does not return I vote for Delchrys.

I would just ask that some posting rules be laid down.

Like how often we should post. should we sent our post to the game master for review first, etc.

I'll send a post out to our remaining members to check the post here to see their thoughts.

'Dern Helm"

Old 01-30-2002, 09:20 AM   #75
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

I think the remaining players are

Myself

Legolas

Feraway

Renille

delchrys

Nariel

and

Lysander

IMO I think that littedude's dwarf would be a great addition.

'Dern Helm"

Old 01-30-2002, 01:14 PM   #76
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

If he payed attention to what he was posting, yeah he would...Currently tho..I really think he's just fooling around.
Old 01-30-2002, 01:32 PM   #77
Legolas
Elven Warrior

About posting rules:
I don't think there should be a rule for sending a message to the GM for review. If it is so, then the game level may decrease. All posts will be made by one person, and also we won't get higher number of posts
Old 01-30-2002, 01:36 PM   #78
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

...I dont understand what you ment by your last post. @_@*
Old 01-30-2002, 03:13 PM   #79
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Arwen Undomiel

Legolas: I know what "Elen sila lumenn omentlimo" means... I use it because it is the first Elvish I learned and I like the sound of it.

AfroElf: thanks for the clarification on Uber and High Elves...

If Hotwings doesn't show up I vote for delchrys too.

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 01-30-2002, 08:25 PM   #80
delchrys
Hobbit

okay, there's a lot to think on here. if hotwings doesn't come back in HOW LONG? i say a day from now, two at max. to be fair, perhaps we should say that if hotwings does not reply AND commit to posting fairly regularly (like 5 days out of 7) that a vote be cast and thus spake...somebody.

as far as my 'campaign speech' to be the new GM, i can say this--i WILL post at least 5 of the 7 days, and i will be pretty fair (i think). including actually rolling DICE (my GOD!) on my end of the universe to determine the outcomes of things that could only be fairly decided in a close-to-random manner. yes, this means i will have to make up a stat system for you guys, but i wouldn't mind. much of the story would focus on roleplaying, but i understand that combat is a necessity at times. we could all continue from right where we are, and do it without too much of a gap.

i recommend that the 'official' vote take place between 10 pm friday and 6 pm saturday, eastern standard time, to allow every interested party a chance to be heard.

be aware that i would be equally comfortable with anyone else GMing, as long as they are committed to making this as fun as they can.

((personally, it would also be kind of cool if i got to GM, because i could use beldaryn as a 'mysterious' type character to be there to back up the group, much like gandalf or alanon (the druid from shannara).))

let's hear the voice of the people!!!

--jason