Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-15-2002, 01:10 PM   #61
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

You two are SOOOOOOO silly!! Get lives, puhlease! Anyway, We have only a little more than 2 more months until the newest, fourth, and final book of the Protector of the Small series comes out!!!!!!!!!YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!
HEHEHEHEHEHEHE
LOD(THE Lady of Darkness)
I am Morwen, Lady of Darkness.

Her head was bowed,
from all the tears and pain,
but she would rise again
Lady of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 06:47 PM   #62
TinuvielChild
Padawan

um, LoD, the mere fact that we post on Entmoot indicates that we not only have no lives, but we are extremely hesitant, indeed reluctant, to get a life. Besides, as you well know, I have more of a life than you do.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 04:15 AM   #63
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by TwirlingString

Yes they do! Remember Luke Skywalkers first girl friend in Children of the Jedi? She was dead, but she'd downloaded herself into a computer and when he found her, she built herself a body? Or what about the jedi master that supposedly died and disappeared 1,000 years ago, but was just sleeping and ended up Anakin Solo's pet?
ergh...haven't read the books...but I never said the Jedi didn't do crazy, ridiculous stuff, and sometimes that is annoying as well. But honestly, the stuff those kids do is totally unreasonable! That's why I stopped reading Tamora Pierce...

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 12:11 PM   #64
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by TinuvielChild
um, LoD, the mere fact that we post on Entmoot indicates that we not only have no lives, but we are extremely hesitant, indeed reluctant, to get a life. Besides, as you well know, I have more of a life than you do.
shut up! At least I don't have to go 4 WEEKS without internet HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (j/k) be nice or you shall dieeeeeee!!! HEHEHE anyway, how do you know That you have more of a life than I do? Your life seems to consist of obsessing over someone*looks unnocent*Back on subject, who can't wait until August 17? Loverly new book coming out!!!
LOD

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again
Old 06-16-2002, 12:53 PM   #65
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Um, I can definitely wait until August 17th. I hope it never comes. (That's the day my boyfriend is going off to college in Ohio, while I am stuck in Boston - yick). However, I must say that I am more eagerly awaiting the publication of the 5th Harry Potter book than the publication of the 4th Protector of the Small book. LoD, check your PMs for why I have more of a life than you.

TwirlingString, this is a thread about Tamora Pierce, not the Star Wars books. It is likely that you're the only person on this thread who's read them, so I wouldn't count on using them as strong supporting evidence for your argument.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 06-16-2002, 07:39 PM   #66
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

Don't start on the "I have more of a life than you" thing TinuvielChild. Don't get me PO'ed for you shall die. Besides, this is a TAMORA PEIRCE thread, NOT a HARRY POTTER thread. if you are going to start on how much more you like Harry Potter than Tamora Peirce, stay out of my typing range, earshot, and screaming range. Sorry about sermon, but I am already in a bad mood about stupid DSL POing me and it died(hint,hint, wink,wink)
LOD, The dark Lady of elves who kills all enemies without a second thought.
oh, and by the way, I might move to Ohio along w/ ShireChild. HAH HAH(cruelty is my specialty when I didn't get sleep and when I am PO'ed)

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again

Last edited by Lady of Darkness : 06-16-2002 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-16-2002, 09:41 PM   #67
TinuvielChild
Padawan

eh, LoD, shirechild is coming to school on Tuesday, and she's prolly coming back next year she says, even though she hates cities. So don't count on moving with her. And since I just told TwirlingString off for trying to insert Star Wars books into a Tamora Pierce thread, I would think it highly unlikely that I would be that hypocritical and try to change the topic to Harry Potter. If I wanted to discuss Harry Potter, I would go to the Harry Potter thread. As I want to discuss Tamora Pierce (and not trivial matters that can easily be discussed in PMs, hint hint wink wink nudge nudge), I am in the Tamora Pierce thread. I was merely commenting that I am not all that enthusiastic about the release of Knight. Have a nice life.

(I'm having a cynical day. Can you tell?)

Oh yeah, and I find DSL to be very excellent. I've never had any problems with it, can't see what the matter with your computer would be. Maybe it's not working because you killed it, hmm?

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 06-17-2002, 07:36 AM   #68
elendili
Elven Warrior

The best tamora Pierce quartet is the circle of magic series the last book squire was a bit long with not much in it

"Courage my soul, now learn to wield
The weight of thine immortal shield
Place on thy head thy helmet bright
Ballance thy sword against the fight
See where an army strong as fair
With silken banners spreads the air
Now if thy bee'st that thing divine
In this days combat let it shine:
And shew that nature wants an art
To conqeur one resolved heart"
Andrew Marvell

Last edited by elendili : 06-18-2002 at 04:55 AM.
elendili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 06:10 PM   #69
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

Hwatever TinuvielChild. anyway, back to the terrible headacy human who wants to talk about Tamora Peirce. It is interesting how she likes her ONLY FEMALE characters to fall in love with about five different people. Reminds me of someone I know, what about you, TinuvielChild?
LOD the person whose head really hurts and who wants to destroy all of the eye tests because she had lots yesterday and noe her eyes hurt really badly even though she watched Harry Potter 5 times today because of her teachers(weirdo's) They should make a Tamora Peirce movie, donchathink?

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again
Old 06-20-2002, 12:13 AM   #70
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of Darkness
It is interesting how she likes her ONLY FEMALE characters to fall in love with about five different people. Reminds me of someone I know, what about you, TinuvielChild?
No, I don't know anyone that fits that description, unless you're by chance referring to a certain person (wink wink)'s little sister (who was involved with a certain red-headed b*stard). *puts her hands in her pockets and whistles innocently)

And LoD, can we stop the personal references that nobody else understands before CBG, Tater, or the like ban us for spamming? Please?

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 06-20-2002, 09:45 AM   #71
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

sure. ummmmmm. forgot what was going to say. oh yeah! does anyone think that she is gonna write another series about Tortall? if so, who would be the best person for her to write about that already exsists?
I think she should write about Thayet and/or Numair.
LOD

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again
Old 06-20-2002, 03:50 PM   #72
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
You're a mind reader aren't you? I wanted her to write a story on Numiar, vague references are annoyng, especially vague references to something interesting!
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
TwirlingString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 09:21 PM   #73
TinuvielChild
Padawan

TwirlingString, either you made a typo, or you are incorrect in assuring me that you know how to spell "Numair", as you just spelt it "Numiar" again!

Nitpicky, I know. What the heck, I'm in a really good mood!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 06-21-2002, 01:56 PM   #74
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

YAY! she's in a good mood! Yes, I am a mind reader. Thayet's life really would be very interesting. The very little bit you know about her you find out in the last book of the Alanna series. I, at least, want to know more.
LOD

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again
Old 07-20-2002, 01:48 PM   #75
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
you're rught, but I've always wanted to know the history of her subjects and we have only vague understandins of her past
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 07-27-2002, 12:41 PM   #76
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

yeah
I mean, what's the point of having her if you don't know herhistory? I mean, you know about Jonathan's past, don't you?
LoD

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again
Old 07-28-2002, 08:15 PM   #77
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Hey TS, the manga are taking over! Seriously, I've had another of my friends try to convert me to Ranma 1/2 and another tell me that Ranma 1/2 is not one of the better mangas and try to get me hooked on another one...me no like anime. Me no wanna read manga. Tamora Pierce much better, Terry Pratchett even better, Tolkien best.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 07-28-2002, 09:07 PM   #78
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

I want a reanimated archeopteryx skeleton...I tried, and failed to convince my friend that this idea is not Tamora Pierce inspired...she didn't believe me. I admit it; it's from Emporer Mage

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 03:43 PM   #79
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Yeah Eruviel, I know what you mean about that. I think a reanimated archeopteryx skeleton would be cool. Argh! Evil! Have not read the Immortals quartet in a long time! Cannot remember anyone's name specific to Emperor Mage! Hmph.

Yesterday I had to create a religion for a utopian society (don't ask, except maybe Menelvagor who knows what I mean) and I used a quote from Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar series: "There is no 'one true way'"

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 07-30-2002, 07:05 PM   #80
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

WHAT WASSHE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OF COURSE RANMA 1/@ IS ONE OF THE BETTER ONES! And their taking over cuz they are good tc you're just predjudiced