Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-20-2002, 11:42 AM   #61
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Quote:
Originally posted by Miranda
It could be interesting to try to bungy jump to New Zealand but I need a partner- ANY OFFERS???!!!! As for the Nazgul- sounds like what I yell at my dog. I can just see the witch king doing unspeakable things to my friend's leg when they come over and jumping up on the counter to nick the roast chicken!!! Wonder if Frodo etc should have tried a rolled up newspaper or a slipper rather than those stumpy little swords to duff them up! Tee Hee Mx
Ah, personally, I'll just hitchhike, thanks.

Well, nobody would try to get the roast chicken BACK, now would they? And you don't hit Nazgul with rolled up newspapers, you whack them with a badly written poem!
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 07:43 PM   #62
tuthezeng
Hobbit

I once dreamed that I had two toads, one named Ross and the other named Intellectually (yes... an adverb). We were having a conversation about peanut butter.
Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
This is not a dress, it's the standard Dread Lord uniform.
If you tell a joke in the forest, but nobody laughs, was it a joke?
tuthezeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 10:25 PM   #63
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by tuthezeng
We were having a conversation about peanut butter.
Oh, I had a dream like that...except, I was talking to a slipper and a pair of pliers...and I think we were talking about candy wrappers...or something like that...

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 12:03 AM   #64
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

I was talking to these two fish in the fish tank. They were argueing with me about how they were gunna do things their way, and if they wanted to fly dammit they would fly.

This one is deactivated, I think.
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 01:06 AM   #65
Silverstripe

My English textbook was narrating a story about me, and I got into an argument with it because it kept having me go off into this string of cuss words, which is really not me.
Old 11-21-2002, 09:52 AM   #66
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Had a weird dream last night about a girl I used to see years ago (15yrs to be exact).

Kinda wierd because I can't remember conciously thinking about her for a looonng time.......maybe it means I'm going to meet up with her again soon (hope so, she was good company and very beautiful).

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 03:30 PM   #67
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

Had a very weird but inspiring Tolkien-esk dream last night. Was writing my book and then decided I was too tired to think, picked up Silmarillion and decided to read a couple of chapters before I went to sleep (normal so far) Then I went off into dream land and had a really strange dream about Illuvatar. I dreamt he came to see me in the computer room at school but he looked like Legolas. I was like wow- you're Orlando Bloom!!!!! He smiled and laughed and spoke (but it was Chris Lee's voice- v scary) and said that he was Illuvatar but he'd come as Legolas so I wouldn't be frightened. Then he handed me my notebook where I write my story and said I was the last of his Ainur and if I sang my book would be finished before new year. So I sang and then the book changed into my dog eared copy of The Hobbit. It was so strange and I don't remember anything after that but the beginning was so vivid. I really need to stop reading LOTR before I go to bed- what with my nightmares about Ringwraiths at dog obidience lessons and now talking with THE god of Middle Earth- arghhhh what's next? Much love all Mx
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 03:33 PM   #68
Miranda

Had a very weird but inspiring Tolkien-esk dream last night. Was writing my book and then decided I was too tired to think, picked up Silmarillion and decided to read a couple of chapters before I went to sleep (normal so far) Then I went off into dream land and had a really strange dream about Illuvatar. I dreamt he came to see me in the computer room at school but he looked like Legolas. I was like wow- you're Orlando Bloom!!!!! He smiled and laughed and spoke (but it was Chris Lee's voice- v scary) and said that he was Illuvatar but he'd come as Legolas so I wouldn't be frightened. Then he handed me my notebook where I write my story and said I was the last of his Ainur and if I sang my book would be finished before new year. So I sang and then the book changed into my dog eared copy of The Hobbit. It was so strange and I don't remember anything after that but the beginning was so vivid. I really need to stop reading LOTR before I go to bed- what with my nightmares about Ringwraiths at dog obidience lessons and now talking with THE god of Middle Earth- arghhhh what's next? Much love all Mx
Old 11-21-2002, 03:42 PM   #69
Silverstripe

I know an obedience trainer. I wonder what she'd do if someone came into class with this Ringwraith?

As for this new dream, all I can say is -- keep singing and writing, and hope it was some sort of premonition!
Old 11-21-2002, 03:47 PM   #70
Miranda

Quote:
Originally posted by Silverstripe
I know an obedience trainer. I wonder what she'd do if someone came into class with this Ringwraith?

As for this new dream, all I can say is -- keep singing and writing, and hope it was some sort of premonition!
SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!! Or I would anyway!!! Don't know why my computer decided to post my last msg twice- very bizarre- the gremlins have got into the circuitry again- little buggers. Let's hope its a premonition hey!!!! I could be a writer yet- here's hoping. Mx
Old 11-21-2002, 03:58 PM   #71
Silverstripe

Me too! *pictures scolding Ringwraith for barking too much*

Gremlins, eh? That happens a lot with computers, 'specially with Microsoft. I've heard that Bill Gates stepped on a gremlin's tail (or was it perhaps his foot?) when he was young.
Old 11-21-2002, 04:00 PM   #72
Miranda

So I can blame all my future tachnical difficulties on him then can I? Great fun. Gotta go, Ma wants the computer!!!! Might go and write a bit of story or dream of Legolas!!!!!! Mmmmm!!!!! Night night all, Love ya loads Mx
Old 11-21-2002, 04:03 PM   #73
Silverstripe

Quote:
[B]So I can blame all my future tachnical difficulties on him then can I? Great fun.
You mean you weren't doing that already?
Old 11-21-2002, 04:54 PM   #74
Miranda

No I mainly blamed my little bro- any excuse to be malicious!!!! But gremlins are always blamed when my music goes wrong at dancing- or the Phantom of the theatre- I can't go into the dressing rooms on my own- they're so spooky!!!! Oh God will dream of scary men in funny masks hauting my ballet class now- oh hang on that happens- its called Greek Drama!!!! Mx
Old 11-21-2002, 05:17 PM   #75
Silverstripe

Quote:
No I mainly blamed my little bro- any excuse to be malicious!!!! But gremlins are always blamed when my music goes wrong at dancing- or the Phantom of the theatre- I can't go into the dressing rooms on my own- they're so spooky!!!! Oh God will dream of scary men in funny masks hauting my ballet class now- oh hang on that happens- its called Greek Drama!!!! Mx
I wish I had a little bro to blame for all MY troubles...pesky at times, those gremlins are. Perhaps try taking them to obedience school along with the Nazgul?
Old 11-21-2002, 05:23 PM   #76
Miranda

Quote:
Originally posted by Silverstripe
I wish I had a little bro to blame for all MY troubles...pesky at times, those gremlins are. Perhaps try taking them to obedience school along with the Nazgul?
Little bros are far too much hassle even if they are good for blaming things on. Can just imagine taking the gremlins to obedience class with the Wraiths- whoever's taking the class better be wearing armour!!!!! May consider bringing Lurtz along for a ride too- he should spice things up a little. Mx
Old 11-21-2002, 07:05 PM   #77
Silverstripe

Quote:
Little bros are far too much hassle even if they are good for blaming things on. Can just imagine taking the gremlins to obedience class with the Wraiths- whoever's taking the class better be wearing armour!!!!! May consider bringing Lurtz along for a ride too- he should spice things up a little. Mx
What about Ugluk?
All right, Miranda, let's find an obedience class somewhere in England, and you can take the Nazgul there -- I'll bring the gremlins and orcs.

The only thing about poor Lurtz is, he'd probably be attacked and killed by everyone who is a fan of Tolkien's work but somehow hated the FotR movie. Poor orc.
Old 11-21-2002, 10:31 PM   #78
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

Lately I keep dreaming of swimming underwater and being able to breathe perfectly normally there.
Any of you ever heard of lucid dreaming? It's when you're dreaming but you know you are and can change it to however you like. I've read about it and next time I dream of underwater breathing, I'm going to try it! Yaay!
Lanelf.

Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums!

You'll never shut down the real Napster
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 12:39 AM   #79
Silverstripe

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanelf

Any of you ever heard of lucid dreaming? It's when you're dreaming but you know you are and can change it to however you like. I've read about it and next time I dream of underwater breathing, I'm going to try it! Yaay!
Lanelf.
I've done that! I LOVE being able to change my dreams. What was scary was the time I knew I was dreaming and couldn't do anything about it.

Another dream I have frequently: flying (free, like a bird) through a large city, usually either London or New York for some reason. I have been to the former but not the latter, and the London dreams tend to get combined with LotR or ANY other English fantasy novels, which makes things truly odd.
Old 11-22-2002, 01:32 AM   #80
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I've only flown once or twice in dreams, but I've had enormously fun high jumping dreams several times. What I do is press in my head, and then I become lightheaded, and then I am lightweight, and then I can leap into the sky, and soar upwards, with only a small gravity tug that eventually brings me back down.

Twice I remembered that I was dreaming, and so I knew that I could fly. And because of that, and that I remembered the method, I was able to do so. Only one of those times, when I was landing from a particularly fun jump, I landed in a tree and got all scraped up. Not fun.

The main time when I have control of a dream is when I'm about to wake up. That's when I have the greatest control, and I usually have some sort of a knowledge that I'm soon going to wake up, so I'd better make an end to my dream quickly, or else there won't be an ending.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote