Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-28-2003, 05:05 PM   #61
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

hey herd mates and riders! let's get going! unless no one's going to write any more....in that case, no use beating a dead horse!
unicorn14br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 11:54 PM   #62
TopazJedi
Elven Warrior

Hey sicirus! here i am! hey Lottie!

Name: Aerin

Rider: Lalatha, a human (not Lalaitha, totally different character, i just like the name)

Color: Silver, with a hand-print like patch of gold on her rump. Black eyes that shine silver when she is angry

Personality: A gentle young mare, very sensitive and can have her feelings hurt easiliy. Very sociable, with a lot of horse sense. Can keep her wits about her in a battle.

History: Aerin's mother died after she gave birth to Aerin, and her master never treated her with any kindness. He used her as a work horse, but when he died, she escaped and was found by a woman named Lalatha, who took care of her and trained her for battle. when Lalatha found out about the war, she packed her possesions onto Aerin and headed for the training camp.

As you aren't at the camp yet, i will wait and let you people get to that part, then i'll start posting.

Last edited by TopazJedi : 04-01-2003 at 11:56 PM.
TopazJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 02:16 AM   #63
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

ooc: well, somebody's got to write!

ic: Samat's training was not going well. He was stubborn as a mule, and wanted his way and only his way. He did not appreciate having his ears handled. He let Golana know this, the very first day she put a bridle on him, by nipping the underside of her arm and stepping on her foot. Golana had cursed fluently(she thought she might as well start learning to be a soldier in every way), smacking him on the nose before cross-tying him in the stable so she could finish tacking him up.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:22 AM   #64
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

The gelding bucked regularly every morning. He always rolled his eyes at her, contemplating in a rather ridiculous manner if he thought he could get away with it, and proceded to rattle her spine through her teeth. All she could do was cling on grimly. These furious bouts of "saddle-battle" drew a crowd of watchers, some biting their nails and fretting for her safety, others betting on how long she'd stay put.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:24 AM   #65
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

Nearly every time she learned to fly, she got cat-calls from the onlookers. This lasted until one morning, after one particularly graceful dive into the ground. There was a group of jeering youths standing by the fence, calling her names and shouting ugly comments. Rubbing a particularly sore rear end, she stalked over to the gate and opened it. She grabbed the lead fellow's collar and dragged him into the paddock with her. She shoved him towards Samat, saying, "You look like a fine, strong specimen of a horseman to me. If you ride as well as you ridicule, you'll be better than me. You have a go."
Samat snorted innocently and sauntered over, looking the young man up and down as if to say 'what have we here? ' .
Old 04-08-2003, 02:26 AM   #66
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

The boy gulped and started to step backwards, when he heard a whisper in his ear."Afraid then, are you?"
He straightened his lanky self and cleared his throat, before grabbing a handful of mane to heave himself into the saddle. He didn't even get his leg over, before he landed with a thud. "Again," said Gola, hauling him roughly to his feet.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:30 AM   #67
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

Three times he tried. Three times the young man learnt how to fly, and, as he sat, dazed, on the dirt of the paddock, Gola came over and bodily picked him up. She carried him to the fence and carelessly tossed him over into the water trough, yelling after him, "I'm a human, not a god!"
Old 04-08-2003, 02:33 AM   #68
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

She looked so fierce as she remounted, that no one said anything. Samat petulantly flaunted his tail at the soaking, misfortunate boy, and started anew with her. After that incident, her temper was watched warily, and no one ever said another word about her flying lessons.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:38 AM   #69
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

Gola was in a temper. So was Samat. The day she had been wanting to leave on had come and gone, and here she sat on a stool in the kitchen, fists balled, while her mother stitched up a wound on her head. In his haste to be rid of her, Samat had thrown her into the fence. She'd cracked her head on a fence post and was out like a light in an instant. Samat, all apologies, had come to bring his mistress 'round and had stepped on the fingers of her left hand in his haste. Two of them, the pinkie and ring fingers, were broken and now in a splint. Gola's mother tutted disapprovingly as she fished a splinter out of her protesting daughter's scalp. "Why must you keep training him, dear? I worry so much that he might kill you! He throws you off regularly, and you get right back on him again, giving him countless chances to re-attempt your murder. We could just sell him, and get a much better horse! One that wouldn't beat you around so much."
Old 04-08-2003, 02:41 AM   #70
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

"No, Mama. He will make a wonderful battle horse, and then he will need his temper to use against his foes, and to protect his rider. I took him on to train for Merik. Merik must have a horse, and Samat learns something new every day! I teach him how to behave. In return, he teaches me to fly and look like a fool."
"Behave!..." her mother snorted mirthlessly.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:44 AM   #71
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

"You just don't understand him, Mama," she said, laying her head on her mother's lap again to renew the torment of needle and thread. "Once you have a glimpse of his agenda, his actions are clear."
She tensed again as her tender skin was pulled."AYA! Careful, Mama! I'm not complaining, but t'would be nice if you had a care for my bruised and bashed bonnet!"
Her mother chuckled and resumed her stitching "And would you mind telling me what his agenda is, my poor pounded poppet, since I have not dared to come close enough to have glimpsed it?"
"His agenda is to be nothing less than a spoiled rotten fiend, O terrible intolerable tyranical torturer of a mother."
Her mother cackled wickedly before attacking the wound with heightened enthusiasm.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:48 AM   #72
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

ooc: okie is that enough to get you all started? i swear, if we waited for you lot to get moving, we'd all be little old grannies with beards and whiskers out the kazoo! we can't be part of one skimpy thread....we have to weave in our own colors to make a complete tapestry!
Old 04-08-2003, 08:08 PM   #73
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: I guess everyone else has abandoned their part.
*yanks beard* Oh well maybe I can beat Dumbledore. At beard growing that is.

ic: I was led with the fermiliar force of the mouth only this leading was a bit less painful and forceful. My old master loved to go to war and it was always his first answer to a problem. His colt Boromir tried to bring me on one of his journeys but I bit him on the but because he was not a great rider either.
He was a big colt!
I threw my head back and put my ears back to listen to the riders noises and heard of a war and a place called Gondor.
What? I don't want to go back to that place!
I stopped but was given a comfoting pat on my neck which was my weakness and at once was allowed to be lead closer to where I had just escaped(sp?).
My friends watched me with questions in their wide eyes. I neighed reassuringly.
ooc: So after you shave your beard Unicorn when will our two horses meet?????
Old 04-11-2003, 11:21 PM   #74
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

oneska again!

Oneska was dreadfully peevish. Everytime she swung around in these mock battles, her rider nearly fell off. It was a disgrace to any horse to have to carry such a rider. She irritably switched her tail, snaking through the chaos, ears back and snapping at "enemy" horses' knees. Even though her charge swung to and fro and clung to the saddle, Oneska did her best to help him balance; she was determined to do her part well! Heaving a heavy sigh, Ona stopped a moment, allowing Merrik to straighten in the saddle, and open his visor (which had fallen over his eyes). He glanced around surreptitiously, to see if anyone had noticed his clumsy seat. All else were caught up in combat, never noticing his standing mount. He raised his sword, and sat straighter. Catching sight of an opposing rider in difficulty, Merrik grabbed the saddle horn with one hand (he was waving his sword wildly about with the other hand), and spurred Ona, yelling, "CHAAAAARGE!". Oneska sighed again as she began to gallop: Merrik's visor had fallen down again, and he had dropped his shield. Oh, what a blessing it would be to see Gentle Hands again!
Old 04-12-2003, 11:22 PM   #75
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Sex: female
Description:all white with a white mane and tail
Rider: my rider is Legolas
Name:Cloudmane
Sire: Fire hooves
Dam:Seafoam
My journey was a long and hard one

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 12:39 AM   #76
Legoles

My rider was slain in the battle with the orcs. My chosen Rider was Legolas. He was an elf so he rode elf fashion. When we set out from Mirkwood, at first it was cold damp and dark. My rider had an important mission, to tell the counsel of Rivendell that Gollum,or Smeagol, Had escaped from Mirkwood's Prison. After a while, we had Passed through Mirkwood, and headed over Mount. Karkaras. We passed it and went through many a danger, such as orcs and wild men from across the mountans. We finally reached Rivendell.
He jumped off me and one of the Rivendell elves took me to the stables. His name I do belive was Glorfindiel. Legolas rode me often through the woods of Rivendell which were not gloomy and dreary like Mirkwood, but full of life and had flowers as far as the eye could see. But lo and behold he set out on that quest to destroy the One Ring. Just before he left he gave me a charm. He said "Do not use this until The quest is over and you have found me once more."
So I wated and waite and waited for the journey to be over. I waited a good amount of years before I heard the word that the war was over. The elves at Rivendell released me and I sped off into the wilderness. I had found him after help from Aragorn and Gandalf. When I saw him I was overjoyed and walked behind him and neighed. He looked like he was going to faint, so I walked over him and I stood next to him. he said "use the charm." I used it, and lo and behold instead of hooves there were hands. Instead of a tail I had legs and arms.Human legs and arms.I had turned into an elf and I was so surprised that I let out a human Sounding yelp. He calmly took the pack that was now on the floor and drew from it a dress of Green sarin. I put it on and felt what it was like to be an elf. A few years later Legolas proposed and she said "I do." She followed him like a horse and master and became more and more like a elf. She eventually followed him to the Gray Havens and lived happily with him till the end of her days.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 04-14-2003, 12:43 PM   #77
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc:Er.....Legoles?
Do you know hopw an rpg works????
Did you read the rpg of Horses of Rohan? You kinda went of task. I don't mean to be mean or hurt you but you had the right character(Imena you can use that character) its just you diden't post the right thing.
Sorry But that would make a nice story of your own.

ic: We rode off tailing the other warriors who were following Snowmane. They were headed off to Helm's Deep in search for safty from the dark Lord Sauron and Sarumon who had taking a liking to the kingdom of Rohan.
We traveled for miles and I felt like my mouth could get no dryer but then was proven wrong. We stopped finally and I was given a bit of water from Dernhelm's water skin. I was gratful for the water even though it was now warm. I nuzzled the human gently and recieved a pat of approaval and once again felt loved by a human since my groomer Faramir. Faramir enjoyed talking to me while grooming my gray fur with affection.
he always gave me sugar cubes(if there are any inME) and other foods when they had left overs.
The warriors were nervous and the horses shifted slightly trying to find a comfortable possision but failing(sp) at every attempt.
Old 04-14-2003, 04:33 PM   #78
Legoles

Arwen Undomiel Horses of Rohan

Sorry I could not help myself

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 04-17-2003, 12:57 PM   #79
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider Re: Horses of Rohan

Quote:
Originally posted by Legoles
Sorry I could not help myself
LOL so are you going to be in the rpg. Please stay. Begs*
Old 04-19-2003, 07:50 PM   #80
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

ooc: lol, okie then....i'll post!
ic: The day dawned pink as a medlar flower and clear as crystal. As Golana picked her way through the courtyard to the stable, she contemplated the adventure ahead of her. Her saddlebags were packed with serviceable clothes and useful items, everything she would need. She'd had Merik's old sword sharpened, and all that remained was to rip out the whip stitches in the corner of her mattress to remove the sack of coinage she kept hidden there. Gola's mother, Oleanal, intended for her to stay with her Aunt Renal in Edoras for a few months.