Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-25-2003, 08:50 AM   #41
Keith K
Elf Lord

I just viewed the EE last night and I agree with the comments in Dunedain's original post in this thread. Overall, the new scenes give more depth to the characters. I also liked the funeral song. I still don't like how Theoden has been portrayed though. (but that is for another thread).
Keith K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 01:34 PM   #42
Turambar1982
Hobbit

Nazgul

Quote:
first posted by cirdan:
In the JRRT doc C.S. lewis is described as an atheist.
Actually what they say is that Lewis was an atheist at the time of the inklings. and that's true. he became a so convinced christian not until a long time later.
see also humphrey carpenter.

but what i wanted to ask is if there is a trailer for for rotk somewhere on the discs. there was a trailer for ttt on the fotr e.e. so could somebody tell me if there's one on the ttt ee.

and another question where is the gollum/deagol scene that you see in the trailer for ttt. at least i could swear there was one. or does that scene only exist in my mind.
Turambar1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 03:49 PM   #43
azalea
Long lost mooter

Apparently there isn't a RotK trailer on the disc.
And it is mentioned in the commentary that those Smeagol/ Deagol scenes have been moved to RotK (let's just hope they'll still be there, after the recent decision to scrap the Saruman scenes!)
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 07:39 AM   #44
Turambar1982
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
And it is mentioned in the commentary that those Smeagol/ Deagol scenes have been moved to RotK (let's just hope they'll still be there, after the recent decision to scrap the Saruman scenes!)
thanx.
saruman will be on the rotk ee though.
Turambar1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 09:52 AM   #45
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
According to Newsweek, the Smeagol/Deagol scene will open ROTK.
Black Breathalizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 12:02 PM   #46
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Little Things I Appreciated in TTT: EE

1. Well, definitely the whole Grima/Saruman talking about the ring of Barahir...I love that ring!

2. Gandalfs little "Did he?...Good" and smirk when he was told Sam went with Frodo.

3. Pippin looking over his shoulder when he found the apple (great FotR reference)

4. The Huorns...'nuff said

5. The fact that they finally mentioned the north kingdom!!!!

6. They showed the Battle remnents at the Fords of Isen...theough still not explained

7. Boromir & Faramir's scene, they acted well opposite eachother...and Sean Bean is great!

8. Eowyn & Aragorn's discussion of his past escapades and age

9. Eowyn can't cook!
Old 12-10-2003, 05:37 PM   #47
Keith K
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Finrod Felagund
Little Things I Appreciated in TTT: EE

9. Eowyn can't cook!
I found that to be quite amusing myself.
Keith K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 09:17 PM   #48
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Well, I liked many of the scenes.

Elven Rope
The White Rider (Legolas and Gimli were great in that scene)
Ent Draft (I liked the references to two book things -- Ent Draft, and Old Man Willow/Tom Bombadill. Cleverly done!!)
One of the Dunedain (My sister and I were laughing the whole scene, since we already knew how old he was, and why)
Sons of the Steward (Yay, more Faramir. Well done. Even my sister, who doesn't like him as much as I do felt sorry for him after how Denethor treats him.)
The Final Tally (Great scene, but why was it 42-43, instead of 41-42?)
Farewell to Faramir (Several quotes from the book, and well used. "You showed your quality sir. The very highest.")

and more, but these were the ones I liked best.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
ethuiliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 09:18 AM   #49
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Elven Rope
The White Rider (Legolas and Gimli were great in that scene)
Ent Draft (I liked the references to two book things -- Ent Draft, and Old Man Willow/Tom Bombadill. Cleverly done!!)
One of the Dunedain (My sister and I were laughing the whole scene, since we already knew how old he was, and why)
Sons of the Steward (Yay, more Faramir. Well done. Even my sister, who doesn't like him as much as I do felt sorry for him after how Denethor treats him.)
The Final Tally (Great scene, but why was it 42-43, instead of 41-42?)
Farewell to Faramir (Several quotes from the book, and well used. "You showed your quality sir. The very highest.")
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 09:21 AM   #50
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

whoops, i accidently posted. anyhoo, as i was saying,

Yay!! ethy included me!!

My fave scenes were Final Tally (as you could probably tel, considering i've got the whole scene written out in my sig...) and One of the Dunedain
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 01-16-2004, 09:23 AM   #51
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Oh yeah I forgot one, I forget what it's called.. The one right after Final Tally, with Merry and Pippin
(-doesn't look too happy, does he? -Not to happy at all, Merry. -Still, I suppose the view is quite nice. -Oh yes it's a quality establishment. I hear the staff are VERY good.)
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 01-18-2004, 01:06 AM   #52
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

yeah, the final tally was great

And I think that the added material with Faramir and Boromir is essential for expanding on the Movie-Faramir's character. I liked him better after that...it established his motivation for taking the hobbits to Osgiliath.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:11 AM   #53
Lady_Boromir
Sapling

Boromir! Boromir! Boromir cutscenes!! i love that back story shows what kind of relationship Faramir, Boromir, and Denthor had for eachother. in ROTK i felt so sorry for Faramir...but that's a Return of the King discussion so i wont go into that. well maybe not..cos it does show Denthors resentment to Faramir..but anyway it was a great cutscene..so sad that it didn't make the theatrical version.

Gandalf: so do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. all you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.

Boromir quotes:

Boromir: They have a Cave Troll!!

Boromir: What is this new devilry?

Boromir: I see your mind! you will take the ring to Sauron! you will betray us! you will go to your death..and to the death of us all!! curse you! curse you! and all the halflings!
Lady_Boromir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 01:48 PM   #54
Critter
Sapling

RE;

I was very pleased to see the addition of the Hurons in the EE edition, however, as far as plot development I think The Sons of the Stewart was the best.
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 09:10 AM   #55
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Just seen it, at last. Well worth the wait. Eowyn's song was great, and so were the huorns and the added scenes in Osgiliath.

While I agree that the added material makes more sense of Faramir's taking Frodo to Osgiliath, it still doesn't explain why he then let him go. All the more so given that Frodo was on the point of handing the ring over (or, at best, putting it on right in front of a Nazgul). The Ents' decision not to attack Isengard also doesn't make sense, not to mention how they all managed to teleport there when Treebeard sees the wreckage.

Having more time to take it all in makes me appreciate the depth of detail of the production. I think you can better understand what it must look like to people who haven't read the book; I now think I see why they often prefer TTT to FOTR.

EDIT: I see that PJ included his kids, again, but is that the man himself hurling a stone from the parapet at Helm's Deep?

Last edited by The Gaffer : 02-03-2004 at 09:13 AM.
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote