Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-11-2003, 05:16 PM   #41
Cassius
Enting

Gimli

Moria is the indisputable champion of coolness!!!

-Don't understand, Just comprehend.
(Cassius)
Cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 05:29 PM   #42
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvengirl
When watching them now I just skip the scenes I don't like and it's all good
There is nothing that jackson can do to make up for Flight to the Ford and I can't skip over all of xena-elf. I wish I could replace jackson's Flight to the Ford with Bakshi's.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 05:39 PM   #43
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
originally posted by Balrog_of_Morgoth
Balrog/Moria/Bridge of KD
Moria was good, I agree. My problem was with the balrog. I hated him. His face and horns made him look like a cow to me.

I have no problems with all your other scenes that are mentioned.

I think that mainly the movie is good - it can be better, it's not perfect, but I enjoyed watching it. (at least most partsof it...)
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 06:24 PM   #44
thranduil
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Radagast The Brown
Moria was good, I agree. My problem was with the balrog. I hated him. His face and horns made him look like a cow to me.

I would have thought you like him judging by your picture!
HaHa! Well you might want to edit your profile then.
thranduil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 04:14 AM   #45
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

The thing that I most especially liked in FotR was that I could always tell where the company was, before any dialogue gave it away. The scenery was fantastic.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 09:03 PM   #46
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Radagast The Brown
Really? Even though I didn't picture the Balrog with horns, I thought it was extremely well done. Actually, that whole entire scene was awesome. The battle between Gandalf and the Balrog is so amazing, and the scene afterwards is beautifully done. Even though I know Galdalf isn't dead, I always shed a tear anyway. That entire scene is actually my favourite part of FotR and TTT. I love the flashback in TTT of Gandalf and the Balrog when he's telling what happened to Legolas, Aragorn and Gimli.

What a great thread, I love talking about the movie.

Some scenes that are well done that we don't really notice are exactly as they should be. Every scene in the movie can't be the one to stand out in your mind, you can only have a few. So if we don't notice a scene, it deserves credit because it only enhances the powerful scenes. Doing this is another credit to good directing.

And whatever people say about Galadriels scenes, you have to admit Cate Blanchett is perfectly cast in that role. Even though most of her scenes are not in line with the book, Galadriel's character is excellent. She and Sam are my favourite characters in the book, and Galadriel and Sam remain my favourite characters in the movie. It's a credit to PJ from my point of view that my two favourite characters are the same in the book and the movie.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 07:26 PM   #47
Silme*Christian
Lady of Lamedon

I thought that the Helms Deep scenes were great, exept for Haldir's death in that movie, which should never have been considered!

Jesus scares the "hell" out of people! He rocks!

http://linwe.proboards19.com/index.cgi
Silme*Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 07:44 PM   #48
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

There were a lot of cool aspects of Helm's Deep. The presence of Elves will not be mentioned. Whoops! I especially like the courtyard scenes.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 11-29-2003, 12:30 AM   #49
Silme*Christian
Lady of Lamedon

Helms Deep was great and I hope he makes the Lats Battle in Gondor even better (if that could be possible). Lots of the ex. ed. TT scenes were cool too!

Jesus scares the "hell" out of people! He rocks!

http://linwe.proboards19.com/index.cgi
Silme*Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 06:45 PM   #50
entss89
lord of the ents

Treebeard

Quote:
Originally posted by Silme*Christian
Helms Deep was great and I hope he makes the Lats Battle in Gondor even better (if that could be possible). Lots of the ex. ed. TT scenes were cool too!
i totally agree. the fight scene was awsome!

im a little hobbit short and stout
here is my ring evil without a doubt
when you get me hipped up
here me shout
get me to mordo as quick as you can..

if you like that song then you should visit www.lordoftherings.net!

the ents are coming
the ents are coming
watch out tower of orthanc
for your dark walls shall fall!
sauroman, sauroman
your name is not the white!
for now you are
sauroman of many colors!

a best frind does not stab u in the back...................
they stab u in the front.
entss89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 07:46 PM   #51
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Actually, all the fight scenes are well choreographed. The scene where Boromir dies is really sad, and I'm always close to (or in) tears.
I'm sure he'll do a great job of the Battle of Pelannor Fields, battles are what Jackson does best IMO.
Quote:
Old 12-01-2003, 07:59 PM   #52
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
Actually, all the fight scenes are well choreographed. The scene where Boromir dies is really sad, and I'm always close to (or in) tears.
I'm sure he'll do a great job of the Battle of Pelannor Fields, battles are what Jackson does best IMO.
The battle scenes are one of the few things Jackson does good. That's why LotR is nothing but an action movie.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-01-2003, 08:46 PM   #53
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I was so impressed that you joined this thread! I thought, "Good for JD, he can see through his hate and point out something good about the movie!" But you went and took a shot at Jackson anyway! That's not what this thread is for.

Someone, it may have been you, criticized Black Breathalizer for never admitting Jackson did anything wrong. Well, I'm challenging you to find something about the movie that you liked, jibe-free!
Quote:
Old 12-01-2003, 09:48 PM   #54
zinnite
Elven Warrior

One scene that blew me away when I first saw it was the very first shot of Edoras--on that little hill in front of the mountains. It was perfect.
"WHERE? WHERE?"
"Oh. Well, it blazes up from a crimson-sheathed visage brooding darkly above the haunted towers of impotent indignity which, like melons hovering unhappily over lifetimes of empty meaning which-"
"THE ADDRESS!"
"Oh. Oh, I didn't notice. But look for a brooding, glaring trail of cosmic fury rising from a crimson-sheathed visage-"
They lead him back to his car, and send him on. -- Philip K. Dick

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." -- Diderot
zinnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 09:51 PM   #55
jerseydevil

Quote:
I was so impressed that you joined this thread! I thought, "Good for JD, he can see through his hate and point out something good about the movie!" But you went and took a shot at Jackson anyway! That's not what this thread is for.

Someone, it may have been you, criticized Black Breathalizer for never admitting Jackson did anything wrong. Well, I'm challenging you to find something about the movie that you liked, jibe-free!
I have said things that Jackson got right or that I liked. I don't consider my comment about jackson making LotR into an action movie as a jibe at jackson - I consider it a fact.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-01-2003, 10:24 PM   #56
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
I have said things that Jackson got right or that I liked. I don't consider my comment about jackson making LotR into an action movie as a jibe at jackson - I consider it a fact.
I think it's a valid opinion, but an opinion none the less. Anything that starts with "I think" is an opinion. (That's my opinion )

I agree zinnite, I loved that scene! I had pictured it differently, but I thought it was cool.
Quote:
Old 12-01-2003, 10:28 PM   #57
jerseydevil

Quote:
I think it's a valid opinion, but an opinion none the less. Anything that starts with "I think" is an opinion. (That's my opinion )
But where did I use "I think" in the the comment in question....

Quote:
The battle scenes are one of the few things Jackson does good. That's why LotR is nothing but an action movie.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-01-2003, 10:51 PM   #58
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

To me, at least, it was implied. I know you didn't actually say "I think", but it would have been appropriate to say "I think LotR is nothing but an action movie." You are stating your opinion.

It is hard to differentiate between a well-supported opinion and a fact. In this case, I happen to think your statement still falls under that category of opinion, but this is my own personal opinion. The fact that I happen to agree with you aside. (Though I would say it's a great action movie.)

Anyway, action movie or no, what aspect did you completely enjoy? I'm not intending to personnaly attack you, I'm just curious.
Quote:
Old 12-01-2003, 10:54 PM   #59
jerseydevil

Quote:
Anyway, action movie or no, what aspect did you completely enjoy? I'm not intending to personnaly attack you, I'm just curious.
I liked the scenary and I liked the one shot where the camera circles down over isengard - but then he has that damn moth (oh sorry - it's just that for everyone good scene - jackson some how screws it up)

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-01-2003, 11:02 PM   #60
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Haha! Okay, good enough. I liked that scene too. (Even though the moth made me laugh, and it probably wasn't supposed to.)

Gandalf: A moth! I haven't eaten in three days!
Moth: Wait! I can magically carry a message to --
Gandalf: *eats moth*

Now that the book and movie are separate, I don't really mind this scene.

Oh no! You're polluting me! This was supposed to be the thread where I say positive things about the movies, not make fun of it! I dump on them enough in other threads. Oh well. It's all good, jolly times.
Quote: