Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-14-2001, 11:39 PM   #41
Mathron

Re: The Great Quest - Discussion

~grin~
I am trying to get some others into here, so hopefully things may expand some more.
-Mathron
Old 03-14-2001, 11:42 PM   #42
Lief Erikson

I've been trying too, for a while now, but I am getting the feeling that no one is listening to me.
Old 03-16-2001, 05:49 AM   #43
Lief Erikson

Do you have any way of converting your time to California time? Any of you? If so, perhaps we could all be online at the same time, and do it at once, responding to each other's posts at a much more rapid pace.
Old 03-16-2001, 06:06 AM   #44
Mathron

Hmm.. perhaps, not sure if it would work...
Also, for those who have limited time, it wouldn't exactly help.
And I think, personally, it would detract somewhat from it as a whole - I prefer the more gradual pace, rather than treating it like a fast-paced convo.
-Mathron
Old 03-16-2001, 07:26 AM   #45
Lief Erikson

That's true. All right, s**** that idea.

And Xivigg, people can post only once every two or three days. Roland is doing that now, although a little quicker then that. You were posting almost only once a week in Fangorn Forest, and that still worked out great.
Old 03-19-2001, 05:05 AM   #46
Mathron

The next few days are a bit busy for me, so I will be posting at quite a reduced wait for some time now. Also, the end of this week I might not be able to post at all for a few days.

By the way, Harnauro's words to Arnon were simply implying that by killing prisoners, and hoping that the enemy would not come after him, he was not protecting his people because he was simply ignoring the threat and wishing it away - it was just Harnauro trying to get him angry, is all.
Old 03-19-2001, 05:46 AM   #47
Lief Erikson

I see.

Do you think it now is a little late to continue asking people to join this RPG?
Old 03-20-2001, 12:33 AM   #48
Mathron

Certainly not!
We still have plenty of my part of the adventure to deal with - the party has been so focused on the Vardor storyline you introduced early on, that they haven't proceeded as far down the path towards my villain.
-Mathron
Old 03-20-2001, 02:23 AM   #49
Lief Erikson

You think then that it's possible to interlink them? It was a very grand ending we had for Fangorn Forest, but I think two separate endings wouldn't work very well in this case either.
Old 03-20-2001, 05:09 AM   #50
Mathron

I am pretty sure it won't be possible to interlink them. What we might do is, once your storyline is ended (and I think it might be the first one done, as mine requires the party to move quite a bit further on, and yours seems fairly advanced), we can wrap this one up, and I can start yet another post to continue down towards my storyline.
-Mathron
Old 03-20-2001, 07:02 AM   #51
Lief Erikson

Last time you didn't think it would be possible to interlink them either. I think having a single ending is probably the best way to finish the story. Otherwise it seems broken up and not very complete. At least it feels that way to me.

To me, the only other possibility is that the RPG ends and we begin yet another to complete yours, although I must confess that that idea isn't very appealing to me. Not that I dislike the idea of having another afterwards, possibly with the same characters, but I'd hate to see this all broken up.

Fangorn Forest had a very tidy ending, considering how diverse our two plots were.
Old 03-20-2001, 05:54 PM   #52
Mathron

Well, the thing was - I didn't have too much of a plot in Fangorn Forest. Just one character following Mal around. Whereas in this one, I have a bad guy in the distance... but we shall see where this goes, in any case.
-Mathron
Old 03-20-2001, 06:07 PM   #53
Lief Erikson

Well my plot is as intricite and developed as ever.

If your plot is very diverse from mine, then at least we could hopefully make the two different plot endings end at the same time. I think that having one single ending is vital to a well put together story, otherwise, as I said earlier, it seems too broken up.

But as you said, we'll just have to see how the wind blows, and the tale unfolds.
Old 03-21-2001, 03:58 AM   #54
Mathron

Most true. And there are events stirring up that may start drawing things together... but since I don't have time for many long posts for the next week, shall have to wait a bit.
-Mathron
Old 03-21-2001, 05:22 AM   #55
Lief Erikson

Yes, there still is a ways to go before the end, I'm not suggesting that we finish soon. This one I have a larger plot for then Fangorn Forest.

Long posts haven't proved necessary over the last few days, though, so that doesn't really have much effect on how things are happening. Its been largely blow by blow conversation.

And Roland, when Ulrog tells about Vardor, don't make him give too much, for, as you said, he doesn't know much, and shouldn't even know about the eagle alliance. It would have been far more logical if Vardor had killed him instantly. But its fine, I guess, as it has turned out.
Old 03-21-2001, 08:15 AM   #56
Roland

Discussion.

Harnuaro had that pretty much figured that out already, I didn't think it would matter if Ulrog confirmed it. And remember Ulrog is an orc, not a race known for their intellect. Vardor would have no reason to think that he would understand the relevance of what he had heard. Also, I imagine Vardor would consider the punishment enough to keep an orc silent.
I hope my latest post doesn't give away anything it shouldn't.
Old 03-21-2001, 03:58 PM   #57
Lief Erikson

Re: Discussion.

Nope, no problem there.

But Vardor doesn't care about slaying one small orc in exchange for possibly keeping an important secret safe. He knows about Ulrog's intelligence, but he still would have killed him. But it's fine this way. Revealing that little bit helps my plans, in a way.
Old 04-05-2001, 04:55 AM   #58
Mathron

The Battle

I see the main problem as that of Narsh and the Nightrider. I think we should go with the Nightrider's death, as Aetoo wouldn't have avoided the fight completely. If he had, that would have meant he would have instead simply watched and followed your guys back to their lair - which would have been out of character, and even more, it would also have meant Vardor would shortly be nice and packaged up and going down the same route Mal is, completely bereft of power. Since I don't think that is what we need happen, I think we should go with a duel to the death between Aetoo and the Nightrider.
As for the rest, it mostly went the same - mine ended with the fight still going on, so you could have split up your first post, having it leading up to mine (and I could alter the start of mine to match however you wish), and then you could combine the rest of the fight with your second post. I guess having Ayna taken away, while Elrov is on the ground, bloody and bleeding, and, I assume, about to impart some vital knowledge to us.
As for Narsh, you could have him carted off by the Nrakes as well (my post has him ending up on the ground, severely wounded, and if they just grabbed him and fled, they shouldn't have much trouble.
I think that would fix most things... any thing you wish to do differently?
Old 04-05-2001, 05:05 AM   #59
Lief Erikson

Re: The Battle

You're right, it does seem a little odd that Aetoo would be completely disconnected from the battle. Although it also seems a little odd that he could defeat the Nightrider when last time he was beaten, especially considering that he doesn't have his jewel's defense anymore. That's probably one of the principle problems with how you did the battle in your other post. I liked it, but the Nightrider probably would have used his magical energy somewhat, instead of entirely submiting himself to using the martial arts, in which Aetoo is obviously his superior. Although not by very much.
Old 04-05-2001, 05:23 AM   #60
Lief Erikson

A question:

I've got a question. Does your plot go very much deeper than what is already known about your character? Because if not, I think it would be fairly easy to interlink these endings.

If it does go much deeper, we might need another RPG to reach the end of it, unless this one is made to have what seems to be two endings. The ending of Vardor and his Great Quest and then later on the ending of your bad guys. If they are bad guys, which, considering what you made of your bad guys in the last RPG, is hardly certain.

The problem is, with the posts that have just happened tonight, I have reached another segment in my plot. And that is the ending segment. So, from here on I believe it will be pretty fast paced action until the end of my plot and adventure.