Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-13-2003, 09:46 PM   #41
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

oom: nice of you to pm me.

ic: I huddled next to my friends wacthing the humans walk past frightend and dirty from travel. A new horse came which gave me quite a shock for she reminded me of a Nazgul horse I had seen a few months ago. Yet I knew in my heart that she was good since her eyes did not show an evil gleamer.
I whinnyed a hello and questioned her presence and name.
Old 03-14-2003, 01:11 PM   #42
Lubyla
Princess Lubyla Greenleaf of the Stars

Location: Sitting in a quiet forest, looking at the darkness and the stars...
I trotted over to them. 'I am Hurricane. I am only here for this is where I have been lead. My rider, Serenity, is trying to find out more about this war.'

``````````````````````````````
It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter
`````````````````````````````
Lubyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 09:57 PM   #43
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

ic: I stood, embarrassed about my actions and whinnied. I looked more closely at Hurricane and found she looked very much like me. Although my build was more thin, she was almost my size, hardly a hand less.
but words are meaningless
in your absence.
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 05:09 PM   #44
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Sorry I was busy yesternoon to go on the pc.

ic: The new horse addresed(herself?) as Hurrican and that her master was trying to figure out what was happening. Another horse ran over with a coat of dark brown telling us to report to our owners for bad creatures are coming and that we need to travel fast so we can avoid them.
"Orcs?" I asked.
"Thats what the humans call them." responded the horse who started off again telling us that we were to go back to the village which wer headed to a place called Helm's Deep and thatthe old king had risine(sp) again and is joined back the great horse Shadowfax. We were to follow Shadowfax's command and come help the humans.
"What i have no bussines here." I answered in a angry whinny.
But then I looked over at some of the traveling young humans and felt sorry fortheir thin fur and two skinny weak legs. I looked at my friends then saw a human who had not yet chosen a horse. There was something odd about that human that made me think that he or she was not suppose to be in her possesion. a shorter human(or whatever it was) came by her side and she found me starring at her and approached.
Old 03-18-2003, 12:24 AM   #45
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

a one horse story so far

Golana woke with a start. The sun was setting, and she was nearly two miles from home. She sighed once and talked soothingly to Oneska who had not left her side once. She laid her palm flat on Ona's cheek, and Ona blinked contentedly. The girl was once more mistress of herself, though aged by grief. Her face was pinched and pale, and her hands trembled uncontrollably. Her mouth was tight and sad; her eyes were red from her tears.
She stood, shaking the wrinkles from the skirt her mother insisted that she wear. She brushed the dried grass from her hair, quickly, while waiting for Oneska to heave herself to her feet. The mare shook herself, and came to stand by Gola who hugged her strongly before mounting. "Home, Ona," said the girl."To home!"
unicorn14br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 06:02 PM   #46
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel

It was mid day. The herd of horses and humans were worried. I could sence it. They humans with out horse started to try and find some. My master patted me gently. I was glad to have him riding me and not a stranger. I saw one of the friends I had made from the herd by the brook earlier. She was starting to approch a man. I whinnied out to her warning her to leave. I knew that we were going to war, and did not want my friend to have to suffer, as I would.
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 11:52 PM   #47
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

Oneska shook her head irritably as the halter chafed her hot skin. Every place the leather touched on her head was itchy with sweat. She shook her head several times, trying to remove it as she would normally rid herself of any pestification. Gola stood at her head, smoothing Ona's cheek, and murmering soothing words in her ear. Ona stopped jiggling her head and listened, calmed by the love in her mistress's voice. This must be one of those strange things humans did, that no horse understood. Oneska showed her compliance by lowering her head to nibble the fluttering string-tie of Golana's over dress.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:53 PM   #48
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

Golanna smiled sadly at the ready acceptance of her one friend. Gently removing the sash ends from her horse's mouth, she attached a lead rope to the halter ring. Oneska was not afraid. She had seen this rope before. It had hung in her stall for three days now, along with the contraption on her head, and neither one had tried to harm her, even when she chewed on them. Placing a hand firmly on Ona's neck, Gola tugged lightly on the rope while simultaneously commanding, "Walk."
Old 03-20-2003, 06:52 AM   #49
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Do you mean your part is still a one horse story?????

ic: The human touched my nose gently and patted my neck as a sighn of friendship. i nised the human in a questioning manner trying to figure out what he or she wanted but instead the human grabbed my head riens which were never removed since my escape and led me away.
I whinneyed to my friends who stood and had no idea what to do so i just followed the human. The human led me to a barn and inside grabbed in a hurry a saddle and a blankette. She threw the blankette sadle on me and hooked it up to the neck ropes. Then she grabbed the little human and put hi on my back after he explained his wanting to go to the war and help. the soldier asked if the creature knew who she was but he had no idea so she called herself Dernhelm.
Old 03-20-2003, 04:42 PM   #50
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

ooc: yes, i mean my part is all still a one horse story. lol

ic: Oneska planted her forefeet in surprise, and lifted her head high to avoid the rope. She half-stepped backwards, confused at the command she had just received. Golanna, whose hand had lost contact with the surprised Ona's neck, stepped forward again, placing her hand in the same place. Again, she tugged and said,"Walk." Oneska's ears flicked back and forth in bewilderment, but she obediently stepped forward in tiny baby steps. Upon receiving lavish praise, she walked more confidently, pleased with herself for doing what her dear Gentle Hands wished of her. By the end of the lesson, she understood the cues for walk, trot, canter, gallop and stand when given from the ground, and from the saddle. By the end of the lesson, Gentle Hands was battling with her tears.
Old 03-23-2003, 02:11 AM   #51
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

ooc: anyone else going to post, or are you leaving it to me?

ic: It was early morn. Golana was standing in the half-light, holding Oneska's head while she waited for Merik to finish his goodbyes. He was taking a while, and also allowing her to have Oneska to herself one last time. While she maternally straightened Ona's forelock, and brushed invisible specks of dust off of Ona's shoulder, Gola's mind was otherwise occupied. Because Golana did not mean to be without her beloved Oneska for more than a month at best.
Old 03-23-2003, 02:14 AM   #52
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

continued

Less than a week ago, she had found a young gelding that would be a suitable mount for Merik once both were trained up a bit. The trainee's camp would take care of Merik; Golana would school his horse. The gelding's name was Samat, and while he wasn't much to look at by most horse dealer's standards, his long neck (longer from the whithers to the upper lip than from the whithers to the dock) promised powerful, staying speed. He was a spirited thing, in charge of everything but the world. He bullied the owner's goat and sheepdog fearfully, but his temper was more or less good natured. He did not mind biting when he thought it necessary. For some reason, though, the farmer seemed glad to be rid of him.
Old 03-23-2003, 02:18 AM   #53
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

Golana meant to train Samat quickly and thoroughly so she could take him to Merik as soon as it was possible. It was rather a rough, circumstantial plan, pieced together in the night, and sewn in the dark. Tired of the monotony of her farm life, Golana was content to see if a change came in a month, and, if one didn't come that was to her liking, she was going to be the one in charge of the changing. She had and knew how to use her brother's old practice sword and painted wooden shield. She knew well how to use her hunting bow, and to pack for a trip was second nature to her. She intended to join her brother in the training camp, and make herself worthwhile.
Old 03-23-2003, 02:23 AM   #54
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

Golana smiled with an effort, and winced as her brother yanked the saddle sideways while climbing on. He started to say something, but she interrupted him before he could start. "Don't!" she said, hastily,"Get off of her now. You can tell me after you've learned to mount her properly."
Old 03-23-2003, 02:33 AM   #55
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

Dumbfounded, Merik dismounted, and tried again. Gola stopped him, corrected his stance, and bade him try again. This try was unsuccessful and the third one was as well. On the fourth try he finally got it to her satisfaction. She smiled genuinely this time, lecturing,"If you're going to be a soldier of Rohan, then you mustn't shame Rohan with the way you ride! Take care to brush her coat in the direction the hair grows, and don't drop the saddle on her back when you're tacking up. Ease it on. Take care and godspeed."
Old 03-23-2003, 02:46 AM   #56
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

She stood on tiptoe as he bent his head down, and brushed his cheek with a light kiss before turning and disappearing into the stables to watch his departure from the loft.
Old 03-23-2003, 03:01 AM   #57
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

ooc: so there's a lot of it. but i LIKE to write! and if ona and gola are ever to join the herd, it seems most likely that she'll meet them at the trainee's camp. i figured that (even though there isn't any such camp in the story) there should be a place where the horses and riders could meet and be stationary for a few months, so we can pick up any stragglers. this way we can also get a few humans as well. happy writing!
Old 03-24-2003, 07:09 AM   #58
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Yes, i was waiting for someone else to post so I could follow off it and actually have OTHER characters. Right now my horse is about to be taken by Dernhelm(Eowyn) and Merry (I think it was Merry or it may have been Pippin)
Old 03-24-2003, 09:18 AM   #59
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel

ooc; You are right, Sicirus. It was Merry.
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 05:01 AM   #60
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

anyone else going to have a human character?