Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-15-2003, 11:22 PM   #41
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I see I'm not the only one who's scared of spiders! Ugh, they're so creepy, and then if you accidentally get their thread on you, you can't even run away from them because they're tied on to you (is that sillly or what? I'm bigger than them by about a million times, but they still scare me!)

I'm trying so hard to NOT pass my phobia to my 3 kids - "oh look, kids, there's a spider" *smiles brightly while sweating bullets* - "who wants to take it outside or smush it? Gee, I'll just, uh, check the laundry while someone takes care of it" *sets speed records running down the hall away from the awful spider*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 09:39 PM   #42
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

That's funny! My dad is terrified of spiders too... he always smushes them under his shoe! Once I woke up and there was one crawling on MY BED! I screamed and my Dad had to come squish it with a book! That was terrifing! I had to sleep on the floor for days! (Yes, I was told repeatedly that there were probobly more spiders on the floor than on my bed...) I was really nervous at the end of TTT because I was afraid that the Shelob would scare me so bad that I would ahve to leave... then, she wasn't there at all! I was really dissapionted!

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 10:22 PM   #43
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Hmm, I guess some people were too seriously impressed by Shelob... Let me see...Hmm...I'm a bit shy when talking to people in person (not on the Net ), but that's not strong enough that I'd would call it a phobia. I'd be very afraid of a Dragon if I met up with one. Does that count? I can't think of any now, but I'm sure I have some hidden away somewhere!

By the way, I actually like spiders...and snakes...and bats...and (certain) rodents, i.e. mice, and most tame varieties. Don't like rats though. Now that I think about that, it could be a kind of a miniphobia, but certainly not a full-blown one.

Hey! I'm afraid of deep dark water too! Sometimes when I swim in it, I feel like some great creature (a giant turtle-like thing, a prehistoric aquatic reptile of varying sort, or a Watcher in the Water usually) is going to drag me down. But not always, thankfully.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 05:06 AM   #44
Baby-K
Corruptor

I reckon spiders win hands down (or feet down - all eight of 'em), actually anything that has to get around by crawling, sliding etc really close to the ground is a bit creepy.

Worst is when you encounter them in a cold, dark place.........
Old 01-17-2003, 05:24 AM   #45
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Poor spiders. They do an awesome job ridding the world of flies, and other related pests, and people squash them.

Bats are cute. I like bats.
Old 01-17-2003, 05:29 AM   #46
Baby-K
Corruptor

I'd like bats - if they ate spiders... Do bats eat spiders?
Old 01-17-2003, 07:08 AM   #47
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
I'm the spider-squasher for several of my arachnaphobic friends. I don't like squishing them ("are you sure you don't want a pet?") but they tell me to.
I'm losing my mind, you know. Literally. Everybody tells me I'm crazy, but they mean weird-crazy. I'm losing my mind, It's scary. It's because of fear, acutally; of overblown reactions to things, especially people's anger. About a page or so ago in this thread I said anger scared me, right? I have become, in the past three months, literally incapable of handling someone being really mad. When our teachers lecture us in class I lose it.
I freak out when the atmosphere is really tense or cold or uncomfortable, too. Or sometimes just random.
Geez . . . sometimes I wonder what the heck is wrong with me.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 07:25 AM   #48
Baby-K
Corruptor

Glad 2 hear some1 else is losing their mind too (kidding) - lost mine a long time ago & have now given up the search - I reckon it will come back 2 me eventually.

My brother is my designated bug squasher - I was stuck in my bedroom 4 about half a day once 'cos there was a spider at the door. Stupid thing wouldn't move.
Old 01-18-2003, 06:49 PM   #49
kiwi
Elven Warrior

awww! Thats a shame!
Spiders don't bother me, ifact i would quite like pet taranchula, but i don't know why? one time I was over at my best mates house and i was in one room and she was in another.
Suddenly all I heard was a loud scream coming from the room. There was 3 spiders. One at the door, one one a cd box and another hanging from her window! She was terrified!
Her mum wouldn't touch them so i ended up having to pick them up!
Old 01-19-2003, 06:16 PM   #50
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

Aaaahhhh! Spiders! My twiins science teacher has a pet taranchala, his name is Terry. i was in her room once and put my hand down on the counter and i saw a small movement in the corner of my eye and the stupid spider was crawling in the cage right next to my hand! I COULD HAVE DIED!!

i too, am very shy. i won't talk to anyone i don't know face-to-face. hence i don'y meet very many knew people...

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 06:51 PM   #51
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

I don't like spiders, but I don't not like them enough to call it a phobia. I don't mind talking to new people. Some times I'm a little shy at first but then I get used to them.
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 07:19 PM   #52
Legolaslvr!
Super Smilie Freak

Location: In the entmoot army, trying to get rid of black and blue!
same with me except 4 the spiders part im totaly afraid of spiders and other discusting incects!!!!!!!!

The fat hobbit hobbit knows!
Legolaslvr! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 01:07 AM   #53
Baby-K
Corruptor

I think spiders are mother nature's way of taking revenge on us for screwing up the earth - she's laughing her head off at us thinking - suffer suckers suffer!
Old 01-20-2003, 10:18 AM   #54
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

I have a new fear. Sean Thomas. Possibly the most arrogant b*tch ever to scar the earth, he seems to want to pick on me. I'm half scared because even though he's a jerk, he does have at least a few friends and they could all hurt me if they wanted to. I'm also scared of him because of how much I hate him. I'm scared that I could hold that much hate, but everytime he walks within ten feet of me, my hands tremble and I can barely stop myself from punching him. He always acts like he owns everything. The other day in tech ed, he randomly walks up and tried to steal my ruler, with the excuse, "You're not using it." I lost control and stabbed him in his hand with my pencil. No blood, thank goodness. I've never hated anyone this much. And everytime he says something to me, I say, perfectly calmly, something insulting that is sure to make it worse.

Chants: I will not murder Sean. I will not murder Sean. I will not- Die!! Die!! *Stabs desk with pencil.*

That's better.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 10:25 AM   #55
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Laurelyn
I'm the spider-squasher for several of my arachnaphobic friends. I don't like squishing them ("are you sure you don't want a pet?") but they tell me to.
I'm losing my mind, you know. Literally. Everybody tells me I'm crazy, but they mean weird-crazy. I'm losing my mind, It's scary. It's because of fear, acutally; of overblown reactions to things, especially people's anger. About a page or so ago in this thread I said anger scared me, right? I have become, in the past three months, literally incapable of handling someone being really mad. When our teachers lecture us in class I lose it.
I freak out when the atmosphere is really tense or cold or uncomfortable, too. Or sometimes just random.
Thank you, Laurel, for being the spider-sqasher for me. Tis wonderful. And anger freaks me out too, but it depends on the type. It's mostly atmospheric, or getting blamed for stuff I disdn't do. A couple weeks ago, I went to answer the door 'cause my dad was waiting outside. I went and pulled back the curtain so I could see who it was. When I let my dad in, he exploded, saying that I should have just let him in, instead of making him wait. I didn't get why he was mad. I just started screaming at him, and crying and screaming at him and my mom as loud as I could. Both my parents looked really shocked.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 09:46 PM   #56
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

I am terrified of the green clowns that visit me every night when nobody is around...
Old 01-20-2003, 09:48 PM   #57
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

that and my counsellor.
Old 01-20-2003, 10:03 PM   #58
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

*claustrophobic*

My bag is my therapy.

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 11:13 PM   #59
wahine
The Original Amazonian Coconut

Actually, I have the dumbest phobia for what my hobby is, as I'm sure everyone has figured, I love to surf. BUT I'm afraid of drowning~~!!!!!!!

This is why since I was 12 I've taken swim lessons, I was on the High School Swim team, and would have been on the college if they would have had one. I have taken many classes on extreme life and death situations involving the ocean, and have gradually gotten over my fear. Yet, I still have that knot in my stomach when I look out at that ENDLESS ocean, but it subsides, and I know it doesn't matter. It's my survival instinct gone into hyperdrive.
Old 01-20-2003, 11:16 PM   #60
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

I can understand that ........... it took 12 million yrs for life to get out of the water......why do ya wanna go back?

*Rabbits don't swim*

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote