Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-03-2002, 10:50 PM   #41
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by Starr Polish
But, this plague won't hit LOTR, d'ye think?
No, but then, the whole idea was having three films

*sigh* BoP. . .whatever shall we do about you?

Still in theatres here, even in Seattle! Wow. A 6 month run, this movie has had.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 05:47 AM   #42
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

I though the animated film was hilarious! wasnt meant to be but it was sooo bad! I mean Aragorn was wearing a skirt or rather an abscence of skirt.

and the way they ended it was so quick!

The sequel plague wont affect FOTR because they were all filmed at the same time so they're all going to be about the same quality.

Star Wars. Thos new sequels are awful. i dont know why i didnt mention them before. the original three were excellent, have been watchingthem since i were a tyke but the new ones, ugh. They're just a love story now! *sigh* and i had hopes for them!

Another film i hate is austin powers. and its sequel. its just not funny. at all.

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 01:56 PM   #43
azalea
Long lost mooter

Here's a movie I hated: I usually like the Oliver Stone movies I see, but I hated Natural Born Killers with a passion.
Lost Highway was stupid (every time they showed the scene where he's driving along the dark road we would sing "da-da-DA" -- that old song they used in those Volkswagon commercials).
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 02:10 PM   #44
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

Quote:
The sequel plague wont affect FOTR because they were all filmed at the same time so they're all going to be about the same quality.
but people gonna laugh their butts off when they see treebeard:P.......
Old 06-04-2002, 03:57 PM   #45
eowyn144
Elven Warrior

and those are the people that we are to aim our popcorn at

ttt+rotk can't be as bad as most sequels because they already have the best plot lines imaginable and the characters will be played by the same actors.

worst films: Stargate (sorry strawberry but i loathe it)
anything with Josh Hartnett except for the faculty bcause his bad acting is balanced out by elijah's constantly brilliant acting
errr...can't think of anything else right now.....
Old 06-04-2002, 06:34 PM   #46
Eruviel Greenleaf

Stargate was pretty bad, but I liked it...I dunno, I just like Egyptian mythology, so I thought it was kinda interesting-er funny (not that it was meant to be funny) the theory they came up with. Quite ridiculous, actually, but hey, it was a fun movie.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 06-04-2002, 06:38 PM   #47
Captain Stern
Elven Warrior

RE: Worst Films ever made!

I thought Stargate was excellent. I loathe the tv series though.

The theory wasn't that ridiculous, there is much we don't know about the Egyptians.
Then hate overcame Fëanor's fear, and he cursed Melkor and bade him be gone, saying 'Get thee gone from my gate, thou jail-crow of Mandos!' And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all dwellers in Eä.
Captain Stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 06:40 PM   #48
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Re: RE: Worst Films ever made!

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Stern
I thought Stargate was excellent. I loathe the tv series though.

The theory wasn't that ridiculous, there is much we don't know about the Egyptians.
Double Pfffffft!

The movie sucked.

And we DO enough about pyramid building to suppose that funny looking androgenous aliens didn't build them!!
Old 06-04-2002, 07:20 PM   #49
Darth Tater
The man

Titanic.
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 08:00 PM   #50
Captain Stern
Elven Warrior

Quote:
And we DO enough about pyramid building to suppose that funny looking androgenous aliens didn't build them!!
Neither can you discount the possibility that they did have something to do with that civilisation Unless you have a time machine that is, do you have one?

:P
Then hate overcame Fëanor's fear, and he cursed Melkor and bade him be gone, saying 'Get thee gone from my gate, thou jail-crow of Mandos!' And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all dwellers in Eä.
Old 06-04-2002, 08:03 PM   #51
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:

Neither can you discount the possibility that they did have something to do with that civilisation Unless you have a time machine that is, do you have one?

:P
Not completely no. But from the available evidence, you can draw the most probable conclusions. Sheesh not everything has to be invisible pink unicorns.

Oh, and as a matter of fact I do. It's called a tardis. Well... my particles are existing in superposition with ancient Egypt!
Old 06-04-2002, 08:07 PM   #52
gdl96
the greg the admin

I wouldn't call TTT and ROTK sequels. The three movies form one whole movie, Lord of the Rings, just like the books were. It was split up into three movies for movie going comfort of not having to sit in a theater for 9 hours.
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 08:16 PM   #53
Captain Stern
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Not completely no. But from the available evidence, you can draw the most probable conclusions.
Yeah, but the most probable conclusions don't always make a good basis for a movie!
Old 06-04-2002, 08:21 PM   #54
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:

Yeah, but the most probable conclusions don't always make a good basis for a movie!
Unfortunately no. We have to undercut the granduer of humanity at every available opportunity, and say that aliens did it!

Anyway, who said that Stargate was a good movie? It sucked.
Old 06-04-2002, 08:31 PM   #55
Captain Stern
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Unfortunately no. We have to undercut the granduer of humanity at every available opportunity, and say that aliens did it!
That's why sci-fi and fantasy came about, because for some people this little world of ours and all the potential its inhabitants are capable of just aren't interesting enough

Quote:
Anyway, who said that Stargate was a good movie? It sucked.
Matter of oppinion, and your oppinion sucks!
Old 06-04-2002, 08:37 PM   #56
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
That's why sci-fi and fantasy came about, because for some people this little world of ours and all the potential its inhabitants are capable of just aren't interesting enough
There's a big difference between sci fi/fantasy and psuedo-science. I like BOTH anthropology AND fantasy. Doesn't mean I subscribe to psuedo science.

Quote:
Matter of oppinion, and your oppinion sucks!
Not as much as yours!
Old 06-04-2002, 11:35 PM   #57
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Does anyone know that Star Wars is supposed to be one big story? Meh...It counts as a sequel 'movie' though. Anyway...bad movies...

Red Planet
Old 06-05-2002, 12:28 AM   #58
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Tater
Titanic.
I very much agree with that.

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 06-05-2002, 04:15 PM   #59
gdl96
the greg the admin

Titanic was a titanically horrible movie.
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 05:14 PM   #60
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPP!

STARGATE WAS RUBBISH?

STARGATE WAS RUBBISH?!

ok.breathe. calm.they're entitled to their own opinions. ahem. *through gritted teeth* why exactly do you think its rubbish? AND WHO SAID THE SERIES WAS ALSO RUBBISH? HAVE YOU HEARD O'NEILL'S SARCASM? THE MAN'S A GENIUS!

and whay is everyone hating titanic?

im not a major fan of it i wasjust wondering. it sems a veryunpopular film considering it still holds the box office record.

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote