Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-01-2002, 09:09 PM   #41
Nibs
Head Hollara

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Tater
LOL, I remember back in the day when anduin and me were the only enlightened ones on the moot.
Guess what, Skippy... that should be "anduin and I". I cavort in the utter irony of your statement .

Furthermore, about this OS issue, you prefer one or the other. I really don't grasp what posting your opinion on one or the other is going to change.

Teehee... I called Tater "Skippy". Just don't make me a mod. They're cruel and inhuman.

They says that lightning don't strike the same place twice... ain't the earth a place?

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 09:52 PM   #42
Darth Tater
The man

I know it's "I", but I couldn't start a post back in the day and then use proper grammar!
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 06:51 AM   #43
noldo
Elven Icon Maker

Anduin, I have a G4. I used to have both mac and PC, but got rid of the other one once it proved itself worthless and old piece of ****.
noldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 02:39 PM   #44
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

G4's are awesome, aren't they, noldo? I used to think PC's were really cool
b/c all we had was a ****py PowerMac 7200/75. Slower than a snail moving at .5 miles an hour. But the new technology Mac has come out with surpasses all the PC's I've ever tried out at Staples or at friend's houses. Whenever I finally get my own laptop, it's definitely gonna be a Mac PowerBook G4, whereas before I was looking into Dell's Inspiron line.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 02:40 PM   #45
galadriel88

Why'd it star me out? I didn't cuss or anything - I never cuss! All I put was
c r a p p y!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 03-02-2002, 06:43 PM   #46
anduin
Entwife

Nibs....you are one to talk of grammar.
Quote:
They says that lightning don't strike the same place twice... ain't the earth a place?
Ignoring "ain't" altogether, shouldn't you have said "doesn't"?!

And posting about OS preference is not going to change people's minds it's true. But knowing that others are out there with Macs is a comforting thing. If you only knew what it was like to live on only one side of the fence. Mac users are the red headed step children of the computer world, and when we find others just like us we bond.

What makes a Mac so great? Why do we love them so much? Someone said once, "Describing a Mac is like describing sex, beforehand it is impossible to describe, but afterwards it is not necessary."

Galadriel....c r a p is a bad word, didn't you hear?
anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 06:59 PM   #47
Nibs
Head Hollara

HA! I never thought any one would take my final paragraphs seriously... you have every right to cavort in my err (oh, and you missed "says" or thought that it was a typo... it wasn't).

Anduin, I honestly have no problem with you birds of a feather flocking together... not in the least. Just don't poke fun at my beloved PC and vise-versa (*sob*). I imagine the affinity for Macs is genetic, just like being a read-head (as you mentioned) or the inclination to eat paste in elementary school.

Furthermore, if you'll look at my previous posts, I just have fun by putting in a totally non-germane sentence at the end of my posts. I should put a disclaimer before my sentences when I'm about to be sardonic.

[note: the following sentence is written entirely in a sarcastic tone, not meant intentionally to confuse anduin or other respectable members of the site known as Entmoot]

I skipped a quarter of a mile yesterday. It was fun.

P.S.: My mouse has way more than one button.

Last edited by Nibs : 03-02-2002 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-02-2002, 07:10 PM   #48
galadriel88

Quote:
C r a p is a bad word, didn't you hear?
Well, my mom doesn't really like the way it sounds, so I never say it around her, but I have never considered it to be a cuss word. Oh well...

Old 03-02-2002, 09:17 PM   #49
Darth Tater
The man

Red heads are so sexy.
Old 03-02-2002, 10:02 PM   #50
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

Quote:
Originally posted by galadriel88

Well, my mom doesn't really like the way it sounds, so I never say it around her, but I have never considered it to be a cuss word. Oh well...
*ditto*
P.S. Check out my new avatar. Don't ask why I made it.
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 10:12 PM   #51
Darth Tater
The man

It's George W.!
Old 03-03-2002, 03:35 AM   #52
anduin
Entwife

Could it be possible that I was using your commment to spur on the conversation? Perhaps you took it as I was being defensive. Either way I never ate paste nor ragged on you because of your inferior computer choice.

As far as the grammar correction goes, I felt the need to correct the correctee.
Old 03-03-2002, 10:32 AM   #53
galadriel88

I wasn't taking offense, anduin, only trying to figure things out 7 justifying myself.

Tater, you're so mean! Our president is cool.

Old 03-03-2002, 02:18 PM   #54
anduin
Entwife

Oh sorry, I wasn't talking to you galadriel88, I was talking to Nibs.

Or were you talking about the whole "c r a p" thingy?
Old 03-03-2002, 06:42 PM   #55
galadriel88

I just realised you were talking to nibs, Anduin. And yeah, i was talking about the c r a p thing cuz that's what I thought you were talking about when you were talking to nibs. If that totally confuses you, then just forget it - I think I've already blown a fuse over it!

Old 03-03-2002, 08:24 PM   #56
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Errrrr... Anduin. you wouldn't happen to have any more of those already correctly sized avatars hanging around would you? I have been trying for a long time to get one but it wont take any of the ones I tried.

I even tried making one once but it didn't work *sob* it was really cute too... a little smiley face *sob*
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 12:11 AM   #57
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

okay, here's what I would like on my avatar:
An elf chick with auburn or red-blonde hair and green eyes. She's really cool and is always kicking bad guy butt. DOes someone have any ideas? ( I know, I know, redhead elves are tough to find), but that's me... help?

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 12:48 AM   #58
Nibs
Head Hollara

Oh, Anduin... I'm just joshing with you... I meant that the grammatical incongruencies at the end of my initial message were intentional because I thought it would be a funnier statement if asked by a hick-like person. Furthermore, I realized that you didn't bash PCs at all... however, other Mac-users did, and that's what I was referring to. I also realize that you don't eat paste (at least, I hope you don't; we wouldn't expect you to admit it, would we??? ).

Anyway, no harm intended, and no offense taken. Most of the poor written skills I exhibit here are intentional, but not all.

Don't meddle with metal, for medals should be made of pure irony.

Old 03-04-2002, 01:02 AM   #59
Bill Ferny
Sapling

hey I want one too... GOt any pics of sexy southerners?
Bill Ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 01:43 AM   #60
anduin
Entwife

Nibs....no harm done.

Tess....email me the pic and I will size it if needed and make it your avatar myself.

galadriel88...any luck with your avatar? Like either one of those? Having trouble setting it?

Nariel Starshine...perhaps you could get Feraway Hawkbriar to draw you one.