Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 11:22 PM   #41
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Stern
Does Entmoot really need to be so strict? The message boards were far more active when there was less regulation.
I agree..to a certain point.
What I think is hurting the moot the most are the political threads that drive people to anger, frustration, and to be banned or leave the moot, and in that way the Moot is becoming unfriendly.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 05-24-2004, 11:26 PM   #42
hectorberlioz

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenAnnesLace
I get what you mean but rules are there for a reason.Even though it is quite entertaining sometimes to watch.Sometimes people wrongly choose to flame members in open forums instead of in a PM.That to me would suggest that someone wants to publically humiliate another person or gain an audience.Somethings I myself belieive should be kept a bit more private,especailly when it is way off topic.
Absolutely. Flaming is still among the top three big problems on the moot. But if political threads could be reined in more (this would take away a mooters freedom of speech and opinion however) then we wouldnt have half as many fights and flaming as we do now.

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 05-24-2004, 11:42 PM   #43
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
I agree with you Captain Stern. The board is no longer friendly.

This is Ruinel. I've logged on as Anonymous to post one last message... which I'm sure SGH will delete the minute she can.

She has banned me for life. Yep, that's right, this is not a joke. She's been harassing me via e-mail since I checked my e-mail this morning. I was supposed to be unbanned today, but she decided to do so at her leisure and flaunted that through her e-mails.

I originally created the Buster account to contact her to tell her that I didn't get her PM. I never meant to deceive you, Valandil. I posted twice. I did like what BoP had submitted to the board and I appreciate all her research on the subject (abuses by soldiers).

For posting on THE DAY I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE UNBANNED, I was banned until Wednesday.

It's been nice posting with all of you. And I would like to wish you all a great life.

Just one more thing... absolute power corrupts, absolutely.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-24-2004, 11:44 PM   #44
QueenAnnesLace
Elven Warrior

I don't have a problem with people talking about their opinions or beliefs.But as for that Ruinel she tends to flame at people even when she doesn't know what she is talking about.She had in open forum told me to kiss her --- well you get the picture,I had asked a question to another member and she took it out of context and came back with that.Got to give it to her though,she's pretty original.But when she (as other members have)is trigger happy you get warned.Lots of people get warnings but it's up to her and others if they want to heed them.And obviously she doesn't care about the rules,considering that she has created several alter egos for herself.Watching people argue can sometimes be entertaining but it can grow old very quickly.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:47 PM   #45
hectorberlioz

ANYTHING in the General Messages forum can grow old fast. Its the worst forum, one because its the most used, second because its always up in flames.
Oh what I would give for BB back in the LotR movies forum instead of this nasty dirty GM forum....

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 05-25-2004, 03:41 AM   #46
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
I don't have a problem with people talking about their opinions or beliefs.But as for that Ruinel she tends to flame at people even when she doesn't know what she is talking about.She had in open forum told me to kiss her --- well you get the picture,I had asked a question to another member and she took it out of context and came back with that.Got to give it to her though,she's pretty original.But when she (as other members have)is trigger happy you get warned.Lots of people get warnings but it's up to her and others if they want to heed them.And obviously she doesn't care about the rules,considering that she has created several alter egos for herself.Watching people argue can sometimes be entertaining but it can grow old very quickly.
It seems that after all the point of this thread is to vent about the problem you have had with Ruinel. She has been banned, so it doesn't seem fair to me to keep speaking about it since she cannot reply.

I haven't follow this whole affair, but I must say that I finf it amusing that a member with less than 50 posts is so full of lessons to a long time member as Ruinel (unless you have also registered under a second username...). If the admins have decided to ban her I'm sure they have a good reason for it and they have all my support, but you're nobody to began a thread to censore Ruinel's attitude.

Just my opinion, of course.

Last edited by Fat middle : 05-25-2004 at 03:43 AM.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:48 AM   #47
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Well, you just said WAY more succinctly what I was trying to dance around. Psst, it's because she a friend of Janets.

Quote:
Somethings I myself belieive should be kept a bit more private,especailly when it is way off topic.
Like this thread, then?

Last edited by BeardofPants : 05-25-2004 at 04:53 AM.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:52 AM   #48
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
I agree with you Captain Stern. The board is no longer friendly.
Yes, the board has become less friendly lately. And I resent talking in a negative way about people who are no longer here and are not able to answer.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:59 AM   #49
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally posted by gollum9630
Meanwhile Lizra is really a 16 year old guy from England and is a heavy alchohlic
No! That's Sween!
Old 05-25-2004, 08:00 AM   #50
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Well said, Fat Middle.

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
[...]Mine is deliberately misleading because I like to get comfortable in a place before letting on that I am female. This is because I have had problems - mainly on IMs - with sexual harassment when I used to use a less gender-vague sn. I am guilty of deception in this sense.
Here's a point I hadn't considered yet, probably because I've luckily been spared of that hassle up until now. I think it's in everybody's good right to keep some info about you to yourself until you're more sure of the people you talk to. But as far as I can remember, BoP, you never stated that you were male or denied that you were female here on the Entmoot so I don't think one could consider that lies or even real deception. In the end no one can blame you for the fact that they at first mistook your gender just because they assumed it from your name.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:07 AM   #51
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Fat middle
It seems that after all the point of this thread is to vent about the problem you have had with Ruinel. She has been banned, so it doesn't seem fair to me to keep speaking about it since she cannot reply.

I haven't follow this whole affair, but I must say that I finf it amusing that a member with less than 50 posts is so full of lessons to a long time member as Ruinel (unless you have also registered under a second username...). If the admins have decided to ban her I'm sure they have a good reason for it and they have all my support, but you're nobody to began a thread to censore Ruinel's attitude.

haha way to bash a new fella into place
i dont care if someone wants to lie, most people wouldnt need to lie to huge extremes (like when i told Lin that i was 40 years younger than i actually am), i dont think id be affected if someone lied to me on the computer...
that truly was a great post FM, especially loved it when you called the person a "nobody"
Old 05-25-2004, 08:27 AM   #52
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

What a bunch of drama. yawn.....
Old 05-25-2004, 08:27 AM   #53
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

No harm meant to anyone, but in the interests of NOT creating further infighting, I suggest that this thread be closed immediately.

Well here, I'll try it myself...

closing.

closing...?

CLOSING!!!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 05-25-2004, 08:29 AM   #54
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Good idea! PADLOCK.....eh....CLOSED.....
Old 05-25-2004, 09:30 AM   #55
QueenAnnesLace
Elven Warrior

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fat middle
It seems that after all the point of this thread is to vent about the problem you have had with Ruinel. She has been banned, so it doesn't seem fair to me to keep speaking about it since she cannot reply.[B/]
Quote:
Hardly.And as for unfair because she can not post?When did she ever stop?She is what I call a reciever.She had no good reason for what she said to me.But if that's how she wants to handle herself, that's her perogative.

And as for being new- what there is a rule saying that I can't speak my opinion?It didn't take her long to start flaming at me.Appartley she was banned for a good reason,and like I said before in another post ,if she has something to say like she did ,why can't she take it up with me personally?I have had PM's with other members about our differences,but some people like center stage.And I have been on as a guest long before I ever registered,to answer that question.I have no need to use second username.Back to the topic though...some people just can't handle the truth yet alone speak it.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:55 AM   #56
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Fat Middle- I believe the thread was created to discuss lies and deception. That is the topic. what inspired the thread was the bans that were taking place. after an initial ban was issued and ready to be lifted. Ruinel created multiple accounts to get around it. That is all. I don't think QAL made this a thread to discuss Ruinel, but lies and deceit. It just happened to go that way, with Ruinel being one of the most active in the thread last night with each account she could make, almost faster than they were ban, until she finally resorted to the ano account.

BoP- What's your point? Are you saying that because QAL is a friend of mine that she is more privileged than you or any other member? I'm getting damned sick and tired of this. First it's JD, now it's QAL. Let me point out that you have also been one that has been cut slack much more than you deserve. Funny how you call me friend in PM. Is that the reason you've never been banned?

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-25-2004, 10:03 AM   #57
Valandil

Quote:
Originally posted by hectorberlioz
ANYTHING in the General Messages forum can grow old fast. Its the worst forum, one because its the most used, second because its always up in flames.
Oh what I would give for BB back in the LotR movies forum instead of this nasty dirty GM forum....
All the more reason for everyone to spend more time in the NORTH half of this message board... discussing what they profess to love - Tolkien's work!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Old 05-25-2004, 10:06 AM   #58
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

I agree with those who have said that it's unfair to discuss Ruinel without her being able to defend herself. So this is her side in response to SGH's above post:

Quote:
There were 2 accounts created.. the first account was created on the day my ban was supposed to be over with. The second one was after SGH sent me abusive emails and banned me till Wednesday. The second one was an attempt to start over.
The Ano account was used to clarify my lifetime ban, and to apologize to Val. I didn't want him to think I was trying to make a fool of him.

And this thread was created by your friend to vent her grief about me publicly... something she claims I did to her once. Because she's your friend, you, SGH, will allow her to keep her personal attack thread open.

This is what I was talking about to begin with... the double standard that exists on Entmoot now. It's a damn shame.
Btw: I'm relaying her messages because I want to get her side of it across since she obviously can't do it herself, though this whole thread has been about it. Ruinel (Hey ) is not making me do this at all- I want to.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:10 AM   #59
Valandil

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
...Mine is deliberately misleading because I like to get comfortable in a place before letting on that I am female. This is because I have had problems - mainly on IMs - with sexual harassment when I used to use a less gender-vague sn. I am guilty of deception in this sense...
Me too!

Oops!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 05-25-2004, 10:30 AM   #60
Valandil

Quote:
Originally posted by Linaewen
I agree with those ... this is her side in response to SGH's above post:

Quote:
...The Ano account was used to clarify my lifetime ban, and to apologize to Val. I didn't want him to think I was trying to make a fool of him...
Btw:...
For my part, I certainly accept Ruinel's apology... MORE than accept it really. In fact, I apologize myself to Ruinel for carrying on about it. I pretty much meant all that mostly tongue-in-cheek and wouldn't have gone on about it so much if I had realized things were so 'touchy'. I fear my own reaction may have prompted the start of this thread and helped let the whole thing gain steam until it took on a life of its own.

Yeah - I felt a little silly being 'taken in' - but it's really no big deal. I've been fooled before and it'll probably happen again (I have been told quite authoritatively that they have my picture by the dictionary entry for "gullible"! ) I'm sorry I reacted about it so much this time... it's just that I DO try to be friendly to new members and have tried to act that way MANY times, probably including some others who have opened up another account (OK... who was 'KING OF ENTMOOT'??... really!! ) It's all really no big deal to me... I can quite easily laugh about it and move on.

If the admins feel there WAS some effort to circumvent rules, etc... well, that may be another matter. However, even then, a full hearing of both sides is always necessary... and, if everyone's tempers are caught up in the heat of the moment - then all sides need to 'cool down' a bit before they can have the right wisdom to make a proper judgement. Each party should also get the opportunity to clarify - or retract - any previous statements.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Last edited by Valandil : 05-25-2004 at 10:32 AM.
Closed Thread