Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 10:29 PM   #41
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Elfearz solved the last bit of the puzzle, I thought. Otherwise you can go luinilwen, you solved a lot more than me.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 03-04-2004, 12:19 AM   #42
-elfearz-
Elf Lord

elfearz did solve the last bit of the puzzle; however it wasnt a very big bit, and she should really be immersed in contract law textbook rather than tolkien

..however, seeing as i seem to be here instead, and luinilwen's offline, i might as well keep things moving..

this is long, but easy, plus...i love it!..yay!

'I_/y_u/_h_n_/t_a_/I/_a_e/_a_s_d/_h_o_g_/t_e/_o_n_a_n_/a_d/_h_/r_a_m/_f/_o_d_r/_i_h/_i_e/
_n_/s_o_d/_o/_r_n_/h_r_s/_o/_/c_r_l_s_/s_l_i_r/_h_/t_r_w_/a_a_/h_s/_e_r/,/_o_/a_e/_i_t_k_n/./
_f/_o_r/_a_k/_a_/n_t/_e_n/_o_n_/,/t_e_/y_u/_u_t/_e_d/_o_/t_e/_e_b-_a_t_r/_f/_h_s/_o_s_/./A_d/_e/_i_l/_e_l/_o_/t_a_/h_/d_d/_o_/
k_o_/t_a_/t_e/_e_b/_o_/d_s_r_/
h_d/_n_/v_r_u_s/,/_u_/t_a_/i_/i_/c_l_e_/w_s_m_n_w_e_/b_/t_e/_u_g_r/,/_n_/g_l_n_s/_y/_h_/
n_b_e/,/_n_/o_h_r/_a_e_/i_/o_h_r/_o_g_e_/m_r_/l_a_n_d/,/_n_/a_t_r/_d_i_g/_/f_w/_a_f-_o_g_t_o_/r_y_e_/t_a_/h_/d_e_/n_t/_n_e_s_a_d/,/_e/_i_l/
_e_r_t_u_l_/i_f_r_/y_u/_h_t/_h_r_/
i_/n_n_/i_/t_e/_o_s_/,/a_d/_e/_i_l/_e_v_/y_u/_o/_e_l_c_/o_/t_e/_i_t_r_/o_/t_n_u_s/./_n_/s_/
n_w/_u_t/_.'

mm..duno when i'll be able to check..when someone gets it just go on ahead with a new one

Last edited by -elfearz- : 03-04-2004 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:49 AM   #43
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

'If you think that I have passed through the/_o_n_a_n_/and the realm of Mordor(?) with fire
and sword to bring herbs to a careless soldier who throws away his gear, you are mistaken.
If/_o_r/_a_k/_a_/n_t/_e_n/_o_n_/,/then you/_u_t/_e_d/_o_/the herb-master of this House. And he will tell you that he did not
know that the herb you desire
had any virtues,/_u_/that it is called westmansweed by the vulger, and galenas by the noble, and other names if other tougues more learned, and after adding a few half-forgotten(?) rhymes that he does not understand, he will regretfully inform you that there is none in the house, and he will leave you to/_e_l_c_/of the/_i_t_r_/o_/t_n_u_s/./_n_/s_/
n_w/_u_t/_.'

Gandalf. (But I keep wanting to say Aragorn! But it's Gandalf.)
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-04-2004 at 12:51 AM.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:52 AM   #44
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

'If you think that I have passed through the/_o_n_a_n_/and the realm of Mordor with fire
and sword to bring herbs to a careless soldier who throws away his gear, you are mistaken.
If/_o_r/_a_k/_a_/n_t/_e_n/_o_n_/,/then you/_u_t/_e_d/_o_/the herb-master of this House. And he will tell you that he did not
had any virtues, but that it is called westmansweed by the vulgar, and galenas by the noble, and other names of (?) other/_o_g_e_/more learned, and after adding a few half-forgotten(?) rhymes that he does not understand, he will regretfully inform you that there is none in the house, and he will leave you to neglect (?) of the/_i_t_r_/o_/t_n_u_s/./_n_/s_/
n_w/_u_t/_.'

Last edited by Count Comfect : 03-04-2004 at 12:54 AM.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:55 AM   #45
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

'If you think that I have passed through the/_o_n_a_n_/and the realm of Mordor(?) with fire
If/_o_r/_a_k/_a_/not/_e_n/_o_n_/,/then you/_u_t/_e_d/_o_/the herb-master of this House. And he will tell you that he did not know that the herb you desire had any virtues, but that it is called westmansweed by the vulger, and galenas by the noble, and other names if other tougues more learned, and after adding a few half-forgotten(?) rhymes that he does not understand, he will regretfully inform you that there is none in the house, and he will leave you to/_e_l_c_/of the/_i_t_r_/o_/t_n_u_s/. And so
now/_u_t/_.'

And Merry's pack was right beside him the whole time.
Quote:
Old 03-04-2004, 12:57 AM   #46
Tuor of Gondolin
Elf Lord

'If you think that I have passed through the/_o_n_a_n_/and the realm of Mordor with fire
If your/_a_k/can not/_e_n/_o_n_/,/then you must seek you the herb-master of this House. And he will tell you that he did not
had any virtues, but that it is called westmansweed by the vulger, and galenas by the noble, and other names in other tongues more learned, and after adding a few half-forgotten rhymes that he does not understand, he will regretfully inform you that there is none in the house, and he will leave you to/_e_l_c_/on the/_i_t_r_/of tongues. And so now must I'

Take Back America

Aure entuluva!

Last edited by Tuor of Gondolin : 03-04-2004 at 12:59 AM.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:59 AM   #47
-elfearz-
Elf Lord

good job guys! here's what u have so far:

'If you think that I have passed through the/_o_n_a_n_/and the realm of/_o_d_r/with fire
If your/_a_k/_a_/not/_e_n/_o_n_/,/then you/_u_t/_e_d/_o_/the herb-master of this House. And he will tell you that he did not
had any virtues, but that it is called westmansweed by the vulgar, and galenas by the noble, and other names/i_/other/_o_g_e_/more learned, and after adding a few half-forgotten rhymes that he does not understand, he will regretfully inform you that there is none in the house, and he will leave you to/_e_l_c_/o_/the/_i_t_r_/o_/t_n_u_s/./And so
now/_u_t/_.'

and nurv...it's not gandalf. (but *nudge nudge* i always believe in going with ur instincts...)

Last edited by -elfearz- : 03-04-2004 at 01:01 AM.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:00 AM   #48
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

If your pack has not been found, then you must...

...of the history of tongues.

EDIT: It is Aragorn!
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-04-2004 at 01:02 AM.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:02 AM   #49
Tuor of Gondolin
Elf Lord

must/_e_d/_you

Take Back America

Aure entuluva!
Old 03-04-2004, 01:02 AM   #50
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

'If you think that I have passed through the/_o_n_a_n_/and the realm of Gondor with fire
If your pack has not been found, then you must /_e_d/_o_/the herb-master of this House. And he will tell you that he did not know that the herb you desire had any virtues, but that it is called westmansweed by the vulgar, and galenas by the noble, and other names if other tongues more learned, and after adding a few half-forgotten(?) rhymes that he does not understand, he will regretfully inform you that there is none in the house, and he will leave you to reflect on the history of tongues. And so
now must I.'

EDIT: Cross posted with 3 people in 2 minutes... wow.

Last edited by Count Comfect : 03-04-2004 at 01:04 AM.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:02 AM   #51
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

"If you think that I have passed through the mountains and the realm of Gondor with fire
If your sack has not been found, then you must send for the herb-master of this House. And he will tell you that he did not
had any virtues, but that it is called westmansweed by the vulgar, and galenas by the noble, and other names in other tongues more learned, and after adding a few half-forgotten rhymes that he does not understand, he will regretfully inform you that there is none in the house, and he will leave you to reflect on the history of tongues. And so now must I."

And it IS Aragorn, Nurv! He said it to Merry after healing him, when Merry inquired about his pipe and/or weed - which was laying on the floor by his bed.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 03-04-2004, 01:03 AM   #52
-elfearz-
Elf Lord

yeps

go for it val

Last edited by -elfearz- : 03-04-2004 at 01:04 AM.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:04 AM   #53
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Gondor! Not Mordor, of course.

Wah! I didn't get after all that. :'(

Nice work Val.
Quote:
Old 03-04-2004, 01:29 AM   #54
Valandil

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
Gondor! Not Mordor, of course.

Wah! I didn't get after all that. :'(

Nice work Val.
Thank you! I've been forced to pass a few times, but now I post. (and sorry about not giving notice when I had to get offline earlier today... too many things going on and one thing drives out another as you know! Thank you for picking it up, Rian)

"O_/c_u_s_/!/A_d/_h_/s_o_l_/n_t/_h_y/_r_v_/t_u_/?
/S_r_l_/y_u/_o_'t/_i_b_l_e_e/_h_/p_o_h_c_e_/,
/b_c_u_e/_o_/h_d/_/h_n_/i_/b_i_g_n_/t_e_/a_o_t/_o_r_e_f/?
/_o_/d_n'_/r_a_l_/s_p_o_e/,/_o/_o_/,
/t_a_/a_l/_o_r/_d_e_t_r_s/_n_/e_c_p_s/_e_e/_a_a_e_/b_/m_r_/l_c_/,
/j_s_/f_r/_o_r/_o_e/_e_e_i_/?
/Y_u/_r_/a/_e_y/_i_e/_e_s_n/,/_r/./_a_g_n_/,
/a_d/_/a_/v_r_/f_n_/o_/y_u/;
/_u_/y_u/_r_/o_l_/q_i_e/_/l_t_l_/f_l_o_/i_/a/_i_e/_o_l_/a_t_r/_l_/!"

I'm off to bed, so I won't be around to moderate this one. Don't expect you'll have much trouble with it though.

'night!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Old 03-04-2004, 01:37 AM   #55
-elfearz-
Elf Lord

"Of/course/!/And/why/should/not/they/prove/true/?
/Surely/you/don't/disbelieve/the/prophecies/,
/because/you/had/a/hand/in/bringing/them/about/yourself/?
/You/don't/really/suppose/,/do you/,
/that/all/your/adventures/and/escapes/were/_a_a_e_/by/mere/luck/,
/just/for/your/sole/benefit/?
/You/are/a/very/wise/person/,/Mr/./Baggins/,
/and/I/am/very/fond/of/you/;
/But/you/are/only/quite/a/little/fellow/in/a/wide/world/after/all/!"

(thank goodness! )
it is gandalf this time!

Last edited by -elfearz- : 03-04-2004 at 01:42 AM.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:42 AM   #56
Valandil

Theoden

*still here*

Very good so far, elfearz... your one wrong word is 'wise'... which leaves you four words to go. Speaker is correct.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 03-04-2004, 01:43 AM   #57
-elfearz-
Elf Lord

oops...fine?

hehe i was half-thinking that it was..unorthadox..to say the least for gandalf to praise bilbo for his intellect...

managed; sole benefit?

Last edited by -elfearz- : 03-04-2004 at 01:44 AM.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:46 AM   #58
Valandil

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by -elfearz-
oops...fine?

hehe i was half-thinking that it was..unorthadox..to say the least for gandalf to praise bilbo for his intellect...

managed; sole benefit?

All correct! Your turn... I think Nurv is 'in the act' of posting again!

G'night Nurv!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 03-04-2004, 01:46 AM   #59
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

"Of course! And why should not they prove true? Surely you won't/_i_b_l_e_e/_h_/p_o_h_c_e_/, because you had a hand in bringing them about yourself? You don't really suppose, do you, that all your adventures and escapes were/_a_a_e_/by mere luck, just for your sole benefit? You are a very wise person, or. /_a_g_n_/, and I am very fond of you; but you are only quite a little fellow in a wide world after all!"

Gandalf to Bilbo?
Quote:
Old 03-04-2004, 01:48 AM   #60
-elfearz-
Elf Lord

uggghh i *just* posted.....(god this is addictive!) and am looking in direction of much neglected contracts book right now....
nurv or next person who wants to may post instead...
nite val!
Closed Thread