Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-24-2004, 10:55 PM   #41
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"I should turn in." thought Pansy glumly. But she didn't. She wasn't tired. Alot of things were going on, and she wasn't about to miss out on it. Besides she was feeling especially nosy. She hopped down off of her stool and walked over to the table the Callinya had just flown to. It took them a minute to realize she was standing there.
"Can we help you?" asked one of the brothers.
"I hear you need some help, and I need something to do." she replied firmly.
One of the men stifled a laugh in a very unconvincing cough. "Who are you?"
"I am Pansy Hogswallop of Frogmorton. I am a traveler and part time demon killer." she replied.
The group of people just looked at the mop-haired hobbit.

okay, so someone tell me to do something. I am bored.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 12:23 AM   #42
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: We can take turns wearing the Bossy Pants. You can post for Hamish and Hamid if you need to. Why don't we say there were in a battle together a few years back.
OOC: Ooh, ooh! *puts on Bossy Pants* Let's go to Harad! You know you waaaaant to...

Hamish and Hamid laughed, recognizing the shapeshifter.
"I knew I recognized you," said Hamish.
"Yeah, we met you a few years ago, that was when Ohmurtad was hiring mercenaries from all over the place to take over Skisrake village." Hamid added.
"Back when we were still allowed to be mercenaries anyway," said Hamish.
Farkad, Greyson and Aranek weren't sure what to make of the shapeshifter, but they would trust a friend of Hamish or Hamid's.

Akkar released the hilt of his dagger - he hadn't drawn it and his action was partially concealed by the table. "Scoundrels?" he smiled, "I am the leader of these noble warriors." Farkad snickered because none of them looked the part of a noble warrior. Their armour was dusty and very damaged, their gear was thrashed, and the paint on their shields was chipped and faded. They were all battered and looked tired.
"Your nobility's getting a little crusty there," said Greyson. He was sitting on Akkar's left and he rubbed the shoulder plate of Akkar's armour, revealing a small clean bit.
"So that's what colour it is," Akkar laughed. Farkad and Aranek relaxed, though they still had some reservations.

"So Callinya, do I hear Hamid right, that you need to hire some mercenaries?"
"No I said we might hire her, you may have noticed we're a little shorthanded," said Hamid.
"It didn't escape me my friend. Sadly, being on the losing side of a war doesn't pay very well," said Akkar. "However, maybe our paths lie the same direction." (OOC: *cough* Harad *cough*)

Akkar finally noticed who Hamish was talking to. "Who's your friend Hamish?" Who he had thought was a girl actually looked nearer Farkad's age, yet she was shorter than his thirteen-year-old neice.
"Pansy Hogswallop," Hamish introduced her.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 12:34 AM   #43
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"Hullo," said Pansy, offering her hand. "What is your name?"
"Akkar." replied the man, shaking her hand.
"I was talking to Hamish here and we decided," hamish coughed, "Well, I decided, that I was going to join you. I am not much of a warrior, but I can put up a fight, and am quite stealthy when I want to be." she said. One of Akkar's friend cleared his throat, but Pansy was sure it used to be a laugh.
"Welcome to the club." said Hamish.

well then, Easterlings! Beware the hobbit!

Old 02-25-2004, 12:37 AM   #44
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

<Maybe I should help those blundering fools.> Jan paid for his wine, and walked with grace over to their table. "I heard as well." I said "I wish to help your... group." Then he sat down, and waited for their reply.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 12:45 AM   #45
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Nothing personal in grilling your character, it's just that a hobbit joining up with Haradrim she doesn't know takes a little explaining. No worries
OOC: By the way, where exactly are we? This could be important. I don't want to say "We want to go to Harad" if we're already in Harad etc.

"Pull up a chair Pansy," said Akkar.
Farkad cleared his throat. "No offense, but we don't know you at all. At least Hamish and Hamid have fought with Callinya before."
"Fair enough Farkad, but I have a good feeling about her," Akkar said.
"You've never taken someone on on a feeling alone Captain," said Aranek. He was quiet and very perceptive.
"All the more reason to trust me now. Maybe you'd like to tell everyone a bit about yourself Pansy. Why would you like to join us?"
"Why would you trust us, come to think of it, you know as little about as we do about you," said Greyson kindly.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 02-25-2004, 12:55 AM   #46
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Sorry, cross posted with you Legoles. It will be a little harder integrating two recent enemies, but it will be done. I know hobbits could be included as enemies of the Haradrim too, but there really were only 4 fighting against them as opposed to many Elves. We'll make this work though, maybe they'll join up in the name of peace, or because they have a mutual interest?

Pansy was about to reply when a tall Elf sat down at the table. The rapid addition of three strangers to their group was a shock to the soldiers who had fought together for years. It wasn't too much of a stretch to join with an old battle comrade of Hamid and Hamishes, and Pansy seemed likeable enough.
However, when the Elf sat down, the Haradrim were deadly silent. The slaughter of their army by the Elves and Men was recent enough for greif and horror to be fresh in their minds.
"Why would you fight with your former enemies, and what do you think we need help with?" Akkar said guardedly but politely. The other men said nothing.
Quote:
Old 02-25-2004, 01:03 AM   #47
Legoles

"I am Jan, a muryan, and no enemy of yours. I thought that you might need some assistance. I would be glad to join you. Or must I prove something?"

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 02-25-2004, 01:17 AM   #48
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Oh no, I thought you were an Elf, oops. Oh, it's Twista who's playing an Elf.

"I thought you were an Elf because you were so tall, but I see now I was mistaken. However, you and Pansy do have something to prove as you say. You are in the same boat - why do you trust us enough to join forces with us?" said Akkar.
Quote:
Old 02-25-2004, 01:31 AM   #49
Legoles

"I trust with my eyes and ears. I live on those alone, for they have saved me many times. I trust Ms. Hogswallop like I trust my own judgement.

PADFOOT LIVES!

Last edited by Legoles : 02-25-2004 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:51 AM   #50
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: I thought Pansy's last name was Hogswallop, and she was from Frogmorton. ?

"You know eacher other?" Akkar prompted. His friends remained silent, though Farkad look uncomfortable.
Quote:
Old 02-25-2004, 01:56 PM   #51
Amea
Elven Warrior

Strider

Devak: *stares at the group talking for some time, She waits 'til the elf walks over* (interesting group maybe they are the ones the profocies metioned) *slowly she rises from her chair and she makes a flicker of light apper in the middle of the table, the new source of light illuminates her face, the new light glints off her eyes, they shine a deep icy blue and her hair glints silver* (I hope I got someones attention) *she sits back down in the corner*

*devak laughs crazily*
Blue: Oh boy, She's cracked, She's gone nuts, Devak, Devak get a grip.
*Devak grabs blue by the throat*
Blue: Good grip
Duh! I've got markers!!!! :P
Amea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 02:40 PM   #52
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Sorry for the little godmod, but I think that anyone would do this in the situation.

Pansy, Akkar, Callinya, Farkad, Hamish, Aranek, Greyson, and Hamid, and Jan were surprised by the sudden light in the centre of their table. Then everyone looked around the room for the source of this strange magic.
"What was that?" said Akkar, "Does anyone recognise it?" None of his men had seen such a thing before, but he thought perhaps the shapeshifter, the moor, or Pansy might know something.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-02-2004 at 01:32 AM.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:05 PM   #53
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

ooc; yep, Pansy's last name is Hogswallop and she's from Frogmorton. And Nurv, I think that Devak just added some light to the table and sat down, not teleport her face to the middle of the table, lol. How long after the war is this? I hope not too long. Otherwise this post might not mean anything

ic; "Why thank you, Jan." said Pansy. "And no, we don't know eachother that well, we just met at the bar. As to why I want to join, and why you should trust me. I want to come with you, because I have been told to. Yes, told to. My uncle, Peregrin Took, is a knight of the citadel in Minas Tirith, though he hasn't been there recently. On one of his yearly trips to the city, he brought me along, and I have been living there ever since. The King trusts me, and sent me out here to help, and maybe make a heavier bond between Gondor and the Haradrim. Besides, I have been cooped up in that stone city for the past few years, and change is nice." she added. "And as to how you can trust me, most find it easy to trust a hobbit."

well, hope that didn't mess anything up. I guess the King is either Aragorn or his son, depending on how long after the war this is.

Old 02-25-2004, 07:16 PM   #54
Legoles

"Actually, Ms. Hogswallop, I know you quite well. I thought you would've remembered me... but then again, it was a relatively long while ago that I was in Minas Tirith. I visited your uncle, who is an esteemed friend of mine. If I recall correctly, you were only about... six, maybe seven years old, so it's not surprising really. And as for the light, I can do better, but it seems to've come from that corner over there. I'll go check, if you don't mind." I rose and went over to Devak. "Excuse me.... DEVAK!? What are you doing here!?"

[I'll fix]

PADFOOT LIVES!

Last edited by Legoles : 02-25-2004 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:07 PM   #55
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Let's say it's at most 6 months after the war, otherwise the Haradrim would have made it to Harad right now.
Quote:
Old 02-25-2004, 11:50 PM   #56
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: And finally, my post! Sorry 'bout the long wait, life has gone crazy!

ic: Rorin was sitting a few tables away from the group of prospective mercaneries, unnoticed, as usual. Prehaps he should join up with this band, he might earn enough money for his enterprise. After the War of the Ring, he had travelled with a few others to check out rumors of another deposit of mithril, and a large on at that, out in the desert. He was delayed a bit, and arrived late. The others had gone on, and Rorin didn't have enough money for supplied to get across the desert to the mithril.

But it was not likely that the Haradrim would take yet another fellow to travel with, so Rorin decided to wait and see what the Haradrim would do with the others.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 01:05 AM   #57
Aewionen
Elf Lord

After Terenin left, Boin stood and walked out side the inn. He breathed in th cool, fresh air. As he closed his eyes, he focused on his task at hand, though it was hard. He had recently recieved a letter from his wife, telling him he now had a son. He could not reply to it, so she may still think he died in the war. Sadly, he opened his eyes and went to the stables. He moutned his horse and rode away into the night.

ooc: I'll meet up with you after you leave or something. If I joined you right now it wouldn't be right for my.......
Idiom?
Yes, Idiom! I must escape more dramaticly! (Sorry, I watched Monty Python a while ago )
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 01:18 AM   #58
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Monty Python! Gulio, I finally saw it! The knights who say, ñi! great, eh?

ic; "I'll take your word for it, Jan." said Pansy. "When do we leave? I shall need to get my things together." Now that she thought about it, she didn't have much. But she did need a new supply of carrots

Old 02-26-2004, 11:46 AM   #59
Amea
Elven Warrior

Strider

Devak:Jan? Is that what they call you now? There's no fooling me I know that face anywhere Talenyn my dear friend *embraces jan* It is great to see you alive and well. What am I doing here? I could ask you the same thing... I lost you after we slayed the last demon hord, it's good to see you alive... So where to now?
(sorry if that just ruined something peoples)

*devak laughs crazily*
Blue: Oh boy, She's cracked, She's gone nuts, Devak, Devak get a grip.
*Devak grabs blue by the throat*
Blue: Good grip
Duh! I've got markers!!!! :P

Last edited by Amea : 02-26-2004 at 11:47 AM.
Amea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 11:56 AM   #60
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

ooc: Can someone give me a chance to sweep away to a different location to indroduce my self? Somone say something like ' I heard of a wonder, Darragon i think hes called?' or something please ? thanks

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote