Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-09-2004, 05:22 PM   #41
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

We followed Lalaith into a courtyard, where I saw a hobbit, and five horses.
"I told you we would ride horses!" said the Movie-fan.
"Yeah" I replied, trying not to sound to exasperated(sp?) "I never said we wouldn't. Hey, I think that one looks like the MOVIE Brego." I didn't even bother keeping my disaproval of calling a horse Brego out of my voice.
"Who's that..." whispered Jean. I looked in the direction she indicated, and saw a cloaked man standing in the corner, holding some small swords. I shrugged.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
ethuiliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 05:36 PM   #42
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I nodded sharply.
"Well we're not exactly going to walk to the Shire are we?"
The man moved forward and came to stand next to me. We whispered furiously in elvish together, before he passed the small swords around the group, as I checked that the Red Book of Westmarch was tightly secured in one of the carriers that was tied to my horse.
"Brego, a horse?" I shook my head. "Nevermind. We have no time for this. We can talk on the road. Take these weapons. You may need them. Though why you wern't carrying some form of weapon in the first place, is puzzling"
I turned back to the man and smiled. "Well I'm off again!" We both laughed. "Give my regards to Elessar will you?" He nodded and smiled and answered, his voice deep. "As always."
I lept onto my horse with no help as we said the final farewells in elvish. I turn as he left the courtyard, and looked at the group.
"Well, we best get a move on. I want us to be well away from Bree by nightfall."
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 06:06 PM   #43
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

"All right" I said, mounting the horse who did look like my horse (and Brego). "Does he know Elessar?? Can he take me to meet him?? But we are going to Gondor, so I could meet him then anyway. And we are asking him for help so I could meet him then anyway. Oh well. I'm confusing myself." I said that really fast as we were leaving the stable and getting on our way. "And we don't carry weapons because normally, when we are, people don't carry weapons. If they do, it's not bows and swords but these really evil things called guns. But you don't want to know about guns, believe me."
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 06:23 PM   #44
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I turned my horse around and trotted out of the stables, into the backstreets of Bree and towards the woodern gates.
"We're not going to see The King, we are not going to Gondor. If you make your way with me, then we shall travel to the Shire. Or near enough too it. Keep your swords at the ready. I don't feel like having to defend all of you at once!"
I lapsed into silence as we moved slowly along.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 02-09-2004, 06:36 PM   #45
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

I sat quietly on the horse, thinking about all I had found out since the last time I really had a quiet moment to sit and think. The best news, of course, was that my fantasy world, Middle-earth, was real. Not that I really doubted it before. Come to think of it, I didn't believe it either. The worst news was that the Shire was in danger, but, we could save it...I hoped. I looked at the road, and wondered how far it would be to our destination.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
Old 02-09-2004, 07:57 PM   #46
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: AHHHHH don’t forget my pet greyhound! His name is Cat.

ic: I jumped up onto a tall gray horse standing nearest to the stable door. It shifted slightly from the new weight then put its ears back to hear what I was saying. It was then when I remembered my greyhound Cat.
"Keita? Did Cat come with us to Bree?" I asked a little frightened with the prospect of my precious Dog being any were but near me.
"I don't remember Cat being with us." She said with unease in her voice.
"A dog! "Said the elf in surprise as she gazed at the bar door.
A reddish gold dog pranced out followed by a couple of annoyed looking hobbits. He had apparently lapped up their ale and, to Alyna; he licked his lips in content.
I called franticly to the prancing dog so the hobbits wouldn't catch up and kill him because of the ale. (They were kind of drunk)
He pranced over to us with his ears sticking straight up in excitement. Lalaith only looked at the dog oddly then sighed. "Lets go." She gaze a soft command to her horse and the other horses followed the command and we trotted off on our journey with the Cat following as he wagged his tale in happiness.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:18 PM   #47
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

"You have a dog named Cat?? And how would I have not seen Cat before since we were sleeping in the SAME ROOM?? Okay, I'm just confused." I said.
ooc: I agree with Alyna
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 02-10-2004, 11:48 AM   #48
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
yay!!

Name: Andrith
Race: Wood Elf
Description: Long raven black hair, violet and Aztec blue eyes, slender, and tall.
Clothing:
Formal- One of five different silk dresses. One is blue, one is silver, metallic black, sea green, and the last one is red. They all have elvish words embroidered on them.
Unformal (usual clothing)- Black leggings, and a silver-black tunic.
Weapons: A long sword, named Turish, and a mirkwood bow and a quiver of arrows
Animals: A black horse (Paniwin) and a snow leopard (Alexiel) (If I can have a snow leopard...it just follows me around and stuff...soo....)

err...I need to know where to start.
Lady Arwen56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 01:45 PM   #49
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

OOC: Arwen, have you seen our discussion thread? Back to Middle Earth discussion thread
I would rather you post anything that is not directly part of the story line there. You can join whenever and wherever you want, as long as you meet us in a way that makes sense with the plot at the moment. Oh I don't belive I welcomed you yet, so...WELCOME.

IC: I looked at Cat, and wondered how I could have not noticed that he was not with us. Wherever my best friend was, so was her dog. I stayed on the horse, but turned to face Jean, and said "It seems Cat found us." I smiled, glad for something that hadn't changed, despite my happiness for being in Middle-earth.

Old 02-10-2004, 01:59 PM   #50
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

We travelled along the road at a slow pace in silence for a while, as the sky grew darker. Eventually I stopped and turned my horse around to follow them.
"I guess that you will want to know what is happening."
They all nodded.
"Because no human is granted permission to enter the Shire, we have to make do with trying to protect it from the outside. As off yet we do not know how this will happen. A fellow Ranger and friend, who was staying at Bree with me, has ridden towards Gondor with all haste. If everything goes to plan, and we continue at this pace, we may arrive a few days before King Elessar does."
I laughed at their shocked faces. The movie fan almost fell off her horse (ooc: sorry just had to add that!!lol).
"Yes undoubtledly you shall get to meet The King. But please, remember who he is."
Old 02-10-2004, 06:05 PM   #51
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

ooc: excuse me?? Are you saying I almost fell of the horse?? Alyna has been riding since she was 5, I don't think she's about to fall off the horse. Anyhoo, back to the story. Oh, and Welcome Arwen!!

ic: "Don't worry" I said "I won't make a fool out of myself. I'll be to speechless to say anything. () "
"Just leave all the important talking to me." Lalaith said.
"Fine..." we all weren't to happy about that, but she knew what she was doing. We did not.
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 02-10-2004, 06:13 PM   #52
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

"Lalaith, what did you mean when you said a few days before Elessar. It's a long way to Gondor. We're near the Shire, and we're all experienced horsewomen. We'll be there a while before him if we speed up. This walking is killing me!!"
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 02-11-2004, 06:24 AM   #53
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

"He's just paid a visit to Rohan, I believe. If my messenger can catch him before he gets to Gondor he'll arrive here soon. King Elessar can ride very fast when he need too. Especially if it has something to do with the Shire. My guess is, that while we make our way slowly and stop as the sun sets, he will be riding throughout the night and the day. Plus if we arrived there as quickly as possible, you'd get bored quicker. And I need to make sure that we don't get too far ahead. There are messengers out there looking for me. I want them to actually get to me before they exhaust themselves!"

(ooc: Sorry.... not exactly clear, but I've had alot on my mind recently. And I meant that you nearly fell of the horse because I mentioned that you'd be meeting the King....)

Last edited by Lalaith_Elf : 02-11-2004 at 06:26 AM.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:53 AM   #54
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

ooc: yeah, I got that. But I'm not falling off the horse when you mention it, I'm falling off it when I do meet him )

ic:"Okay. Why are there messengers for you?"
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 02-11-2004, 12:55 PM   #55
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

)ooc: Cat was sleeping in another room. I forgot to mention him before but I told ethuliel that I would have a greyhound with me. Greyhound humor is always fun!

ic: I listened to the conversation of the fate of our journey and thought about the best path to take.

finish later (danm the bell to Mordor
Old 02-11-2004, 04:01 PM   #56
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

The sun was fast setting as I jumped down off my horse, to lead it along a forest path into a clearing.
"We better stop for the night. These roads arn't as safe as they were"
I started to look around for firewood, and I built up a fire in the centre of the clearing and unloaded all the packages from my horse. Letting him roam around.
"There are always messengers looking for me. And now these days bring more every day... and there will be even more since the Shire is under threat"
I let them sit around the fire as a seated myself in the roots of a nearby fallen tree, gazing at the sky.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:53 PM   #57
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

ooc: I thought our room was the only one that went to Middle-Earth

ic: I unloaded my Brego look-alike ( ) and made myself comfotable around the fire. I leaned back and looked at the stars. It was hard to belive that only last night, we were still at home in England. It seemed like it had been days since then...
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 02-11-2004, 08:37 PM   #58
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

I got off and unloaded my horse (just like everyone else) Then, I wandered around, wanting to see as much as I could of every place in Middle-earth. Lalaith yelled at me not to wander too far, for my own safety, so I came back and sat by the fire.

Old 02-12-2004, 08:55 PM   #59
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: I will skip the unlaoding part for the sainity of ethiliel

ic: After finding a soft leafy part of the earth to lie on near a willow tree I follwed my Keity towards the small hills she was heading for. It was a gorgeous evening and the warm breeze made the trees shiver slightly making them shed their extra leaves. Cat trotted to my side with his tongue hanging out in axcitment. His golden red fur glowed in the faiding sunlight as though it were faded gold in a mine of dwarves.
Lalaith disturbed the silence with a commanding voice to draw us back. I sat down next to Cat and Keity and we awaited any news brought by a messenger.
We did not have to wait long before a lean man with dark brown hair approached our camp upon a tired looking mare.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:35 AM   #60
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
ic: Andrith placed a sweaty hand on her forehead, and leaped off her horse, Pan. She entered a small tavern, and sat down at the bar. She was glad to be back in the Shire. She had much business there, and needed to get it over with soon.

ooc; hope this is okay, I'm in a run, sooo.
Lady Arwen56 is offline   Reply With Quote