Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-12-2002, 03:47 PM   #41
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Back to Sam and Frodo... Sam

Sam looked at his Mr. Frodo sadly, not knowing what to say, but knowing that there had to be some way to get the Ring back, but was still doutfull and had thought of no way yet, so just desided to comfert him as best as possibale...

Sam: Don't worry Mr. Frodo, we'll get the Ring back some how. Anyways, we never had much hope in the begining, and even if it is not distoude, I think that Lord Elrond would understand! *a tear came to Sam's eye as he thought about how long they had journede to distroy the Ring, and how hard they had ben pushing towds Mordor, was it all for nothing?*

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
samwiselvr2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 07:29 PM   #42
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Ic: Noticing the orcs preparing their plans of torture(sp) I decided to go back for Gimli to help me fight the orcs. I started to speak elvish words of comfort to the captives. Not knowing if they heard me or not I started of to the spot were I left the sleeping dwarf. gimli awoke to the sound of my returning footsteps and got up gingerly to greet me. I explained to him my findings and my plan of rescue. Gimli gripped his large axe tightly. He seemed to be quite surprised to hear that Legolas his elf friend was in trouble. We arrived back at the spot and watched silently thinking of a plan.
Old 09-13-2002, 07:40 AM   #43
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Location: Pennsylvania, but I have a vacation home in the Westfarthing.
The orcs prepared their instruments of torture without noticing the Ranger watching nearby. Legolas was strung up on a tree. Apparently the Orcs intended for him to be first.

Gimli almost gave out a cry at the sight of his friend being prepared for torture. Aragorn clamped his hand over Gimli's mouth but the words were audible nonetheless. "Aragorn we must do something! I will not let Legolas endure this torment."

Aragorn worried. He agreed with Gimli but they needed a plan, and soon.

Gandalf and Nargond, mounted on horseback, made all possible speed. That is to say, they made the best speed that Nargond's horse could bear. Shadowfax had no master on the open plains. Still, there was not much difference between the two as Nargond's horse (does it have a name?) ran with its might towards Aragorn and the Elves.

Aure Entuleva!

John Kerry for President!
Beleg Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 02:07 PM   #44
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
ooc: Nargond's horse's name is Narlin (firewind??I think.. is that right?)

Nargond rode forth upon Narlin with all the strength the poor creature could muster. He stopped only when the horse was exhausted and when he himself needed relief. Soon he came upon trampled forest and scattered remains of what, he could not tell. But soon he came upon a horse. It was one that he recognized. He smiled, before he realized the sword at his throat. "Hello... brother" said a familiar voice.

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 09:14 AM   #45
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

The orc approached Legolas slowly and started to snicker in a cold coughy laugh. I became nervouse and decided to go to the other side of the forest to where the captives were tied up. I rushed silently leaving Gimli to watch the side we were on. I silently got to the backside of the tree were Legolas was tied and started to work on the ropes which seemed almost impossible to get out. I whispered in elfish some words that informed Legolas to not pay attention to me and be calm. Gimli looked very worried at the other side as he gazed nervously at me as I worked on the ropes.
Old 09-15-2002, 12:58 PM   #46
Allorien
Hobbit

Allorien's head rolled backwards, twisting her head into an ackward position. Her eyes were glazed over, and she faintly heard Legolas and Firglinwen crying out in elvish. Where was she? What had happened? She moaned in dispair, certainly she wasn't going to die? She screamed. In a strange dream she saw the eye of Sauron.
'Come to the eyeeee...Alloriennnnnnn....what good is this, for you to stay with the elves and halflingssss and try to defeat me? You never willlllll, but you can join meee.'
"NO!" she cried out. "But you are right...it is no good... I could never defeat you..." she gasped as in her minds eye she glimpsed Sauron with the ring...
Suddenly she sat up as straight as she could with the ropes around her. Her glazed eyes looked pointedly at Legolas. In a deep voice she commanded "Let the elf die. I have decided to join you..."
Inside she was screaming, No! No! No!! Don't say this, don't do this! What are you thinking!!?? It was if she was bottled inside herself and the world outside was like a passing dream. She had just joined the dark side, and told the orcs to kill Legolas. She had no control. Something was seriously wrong. Again Sauron's eye appeared, ringed in flame. "Alloriennnnn.....Don't try to keep your inner self away from it... It has already claimed your outer self... if you deny the power of the ring, you will be stuck inside yourself forever. If you embrace it, you shall have fulfilled power and life...Alloriennnnn...."
Outwardly she raised her head so she could look upwards. "SAURON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" she cried, and fell with all of her strength momentarily gone. "No! Allorien!! Don't do this! Firglinwen...Legolas... No!!!!!!!!"

occ: I hate school. Sorry for not posting sooner.

Last edited by Allorien : 09-15-2002 at 01:10 PM.
Allorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 09:07 AM   #47
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

hearing the small cries of the young elf who seemed very weak I treid to work faster. The ropes prooved to be impossible to get out by hand so as silently as possible I decided to take Anduril out and cut the rope. I took my sword out and raised in in the air and gave one hard swipe at the binding element and hoped it was cut. When I looked I noticed I could get it with one more slice. I gave it another try and was succesful. But i felt a sudden sharp pain running down my back as I was just aware of an orc that had snuck behind me. I quickly turned around and cut its head off with one slice. But then more came and I soon was bound next to one of the other captives.
Old 09-16-2002, 11:21 AM   #48
Allorien
Hobbit

Nazgul

Allorien's eyes became even more glossed over as Aragorn fought to free the captives. In her mind Sauron's eye was blazing and her inner self was calling out desperately, to no avail. "SAURON SHALL LIVE FOREVER, AND HIS EVIL WILL PREVAIL. There is no use denying his power. Come, Dear Firglinwen...for we are sisters under the Dark Lord." Allorien's mind fought furiously to stop the words from coming out. "Firglinwen, come with me, or I will kill you."
A deep rage stirred within her. She could not let this happen. If her cousin and Legolas died, she would have no where to go. She could not let this happen.

occ: Hey!! I am at school right now... I'm supposed to be typing up my movie essay... but can you tell that I'm not???
Old 09-16-2002, 02:10 PM   #49
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
Nargond and Aragorn worked swiftly to try to untie Legolas and Firglinwen, but the orkish ropes were strong. They retreated into the forest to find a new strategy. No fire they lit, but they saw well. Little were they aware of the orcs creeping upon them and too late did they realize the ambush. It was seconds before they were greatly outnumbered and, though they killed many orcs and fought well, soon they joined Fir and Legolas in bonds. Now all depended upon Gimli.

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 03:07 PM   #50
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: remember I got Legolas free.
Old 09-16-2002, 11:26 PM   #51
Allorien
Hobbit

Inside Allorien was thinking furiously, why aren't they helping me? Don't I mean anything to them?? They try to get Legolas and Fir free... but not me?? I am not what I seem to be....She liked Legolas almost as much as her cousin Arwen had liked Aragorn. But yet why was he not trying to save her. She was crying...in anger and sorrow. ARAGORN!! LEGOLAS!! FIRGLINWEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They don't care about me. Perhaps... Perhaps I am better off on the dark side....

However this is just what the Dark Lord Sauron wanted Allorien to think... if she thought her friends had betrayed her, she would be as easy to reel in as a dead fish. the eye appeared again, but by this time Sauron's hold on her outerself was weakening, as he believed her inner self was now accepting him, and security was not so important. The eye called, "They don't love you, Allorien. I love you... come to me... we can be great."

But Sauron had been sadly mistaken. Allorien's trust on the dark lord had been momentary, and now her innerself broke free for a split second.

"ARAGORN!!! HELP ME....Legolas!! Firglinwen, dear Fir!!!! Save me... SAURON HAS POSSESSED ME!!! Help me... I am not the monster you have heard these few moments.... LEGOLAS!!! I LOVE YOU!!! Don't give up... You can break free... DON"T LOSE HOPE!!! Quick... help me before the Dark Lord takes--"
At that Allorien's body became tense, as though several knives were stabbing her in the back. Her normally deep green eyes were glazed a sickly white blue. She hoped Legolas had heard her plea.....
Old 09-17-2002, 07:44 AM   #52
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Gandalf the White... forget about him?

Gandalf and Gimli crashed into the clearing making no pretense at stealth. The orcs surrounding Legolas and Firglinwen turned in shock at the new threat from behind them. Several were felled by Gimli's axe before they recovered from their shock. Legolas slashed at an archer with his knife, grabbing the arrows for his own meager supply.

Then Gandalf entered the fray.
The Eye disappeared from Allorien's mind as the White Rider threw himself into the battle. Glamdring moved so fast as to be almost invisible, just a glitter of steel and a gaping rent in the sides of Orcs. Gandalf fought his way through to the captives. Glamdring crashed through the bonds of Aragorn, and Allorien, and Nargond (and anyone else I forgot but I think the rest of you are free). Gimli joined the exhausted Legolas and Firglinwen and brought them towards the rest. The few orcs remaining fell quickly.

Gandalf: "Do not despair, Allorien. There remains hope if we can yet hold out unconquered for a while."

Firglinwen: "What hope do you think we have?"

Gandalf: "The Ring has been taken once before. We must cut it from his finger again."

Aure Entuleva!

Old 09-17-2002, 05:07 PM   #53
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: hear hear!

ic:
Breaking from my bondage I quikly helped allorien out of the rest of her bonds. I took out Anduril and started to slash the orcs that tried to recapture us. allorien looked at me for a second as though releived. (ooc I mean by the fact you were glad i was not betraying you.) Allorien raisd her bow and started to shoot rapitly(sp) at the orcs. I worked my way towards Gandalf and Gimli and thanked them for their help.

aragorn: How shall we get to Sauron Gandalf? and were is Frodo if his ring has been taken?
Old 09-18-2002, 07:45 AM   #54
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Gandalf (to Aragorn): Your second question is easier to answer than the first. Frodo is not far distant from us; a day's journey down the Anduin should bring us to the Emyn Muil and the hobbits. However, that will take us a day out of our way and I feel that we must deal with Saruman before Sauron. While he can no longer hurt us his help against the One Enemy would be invaluable - provided he can be turned from evil.

OOC: Plus, there's Merry & Pippin if we decided they still exist. And Eomer, and Finrod Felagund (see other thread). How should we work him in?

The last of the orcs was slain by a well-placed arrow from Legolas. No news of the raid came back to Mordor.

Allorien felt relieved somewhat but still very worried about the voice of Sauron she had heard. Little did she know Gandalf pondered the same things. Why had the Eye turned on her, rather than the older and more famed Legolas, son of Thranduil?

Aure Entuleva!

Old 09-19-2002, 12:18 PM   #55
Allorien
Hobbit

I'm back

Allorien looked up to see the figure of Gandalf standing over her. He seemed so white and angelic, but somehow very old. she was so glad he had come...The eye seemed to have physically hurt her, and now that it was gone she was sighing with relief.
Old 09-19-2002, 02:05 PM   #56
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

"OLORIN!" a voice called. Everyone turned around especially Gandalf, not used to being called by his Valinorean name.
An elf rod up. Mostly Noldor in blood althought his hair and face gave that he had some Teleri and Vanyar blood as well.
"FIMBREN" shouted Legolas and ran and clasped his childhood teacher and mentor in an embrace as he dismounted.
"I have heard of troubles and come to help." said Fimbren. "I have faced Morgoth, Sauron was his lieutenant and though I fear both, I will face him as I know I must"
Seeing that Gandalf was a bit wary of one who called him by his secret name he said, "Mithrandir, you have a good sword. My friend Turgon bore it once as welland I promise you, the things you do will match, even surpass his own."
He drew his own sword, Ringil of Fingolfin and said, "With this shall I smite Sauron! Let us draw sword togethersoon Mithrandir"
Then he inclined his head to Gandalf, "for now I defer to you Mithrandir as leader. Can you and I and Aragorn speak for a few moments. Gimli and Legolas should come as well we need to speak and tell me what Elrond could not."

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 09-19-2002 at 02:13 PM.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 02:15 PM   #57
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC:

Quote:
[i]To the Golden Wood of Lothlorien
comes the last remaining hope;
One to whom the Elves will listen
for with the Enemy he will cope.

But the Ring has now been taken
by the Enemy at last
The Fellowship must reclaim it
before all hope is lost.
[/B]
That's really good!
Maybe i am that hope, the last elf in Middle-Earth (save for a few others ie. Galadriel and a few elves who are now in rivendell but were onece with Celebrimbor), who has seen the trees and who fought in the Great battle (Silmarillion) just an idea, not to be conceited. And no one knows yet who the fulfillment is until the end I will draw swords with Mithrandir and hold back the dark lord and Gollum will bite the finger off or something.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 09-19-2002 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-19-2002, 08:42 PM   #58
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

I watched as an old friend of Gandalf and Legolas approached.
He declared that he wanted council with gandalf and me as well as Gimli and Legolas if they chose. I gave one last glance at Allorien and waited for Fimbrens council.

ooc i have no idea what to type right now so sorry if my parts sound incredably stupid.
Old 09-20-2002, 07:30 AM   #59
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

OOC: Well that saves me the trouble of working Finrod in.
"A chance meeting can be the best kind, and help unlooked for the most useful."
-Fimbren AKA Finrod Felagund
Very appropriate.
Actually I meant Gandalf to be the one in the poem but its okay if its vague. By the way, it's interesting that you fought in the War of Wrath yet did not leave Middle Earth. I suppose someone had to, but the Vanyar and most Noldor returned to Valinor (and of course the Teleri didn't fight).

IC:
Gandalf nodded to the newcomer. Thoughts of leadership and command were the least of his worries, for the Free Peoples needed every ally that they could get.

Gandalf: "Welcome, Fimbren. You have arrived at a critical fork in our path. We must now decide whether to go and deal with Saruman, or to go to Gondor and raise arms against Sauron. There is no wisdom in leaving Saruman unfought at our back, save that we may not have sufficient strength to deal with both Saruman and Sauron, and the latter is certainly most pressing."

Aure Entuleva!

Last edited by Beleg Strongbow : 09-20-2002 at 07:31 AM.
Old 09-20-2002, 11:47 AM   #60
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC: That's right, I stayed in middle earth, I could have gone back but I chose to remain.

"Mithrandir, I think that If you and I go to Saruman. Gimli, Legolas and Aragorn shall go to Gondor, or first to Iengard with us. There is trouble in Rohan and we must go there, all together before we go to Isengard." These elves shall accompany us. Perhaps after Saruman I shall go to..." Fimbren trailed off.
Gandalf stared intently at him.
Fimbren stood straight. "To Rohan!" He shouted and mounted Nahar.
"Mithrandir" he whispered, "I hope you will do the talking to Theoden and Saruman, though I must speak with both as well."