Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-07-2005, 01:24 PM   #41
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

writing a novel

ok now think of had writing a novel...ok thats what i'm doing!!! my parents took out my computer from my room so i dont have one...as for them letting myself on their computer ....no way!! so its going to take a while

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Tamuril Sirfalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:29 PM   #42
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

would anyone like to know what my novels are about?

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Old 12-09-2005, 03:17 PM   #43
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
yeah sure
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 06:29 PM   #44
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Don't listen to them, that's what they want you to think. I never saw anyone posting in my ZAQ-1 thread besides Katya, Lotesse, and someone else.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:33 PM   #45
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

there was a ZAQ-1 thread?

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 01:18 AM   #46
trolls' bane

Unfortuneately, it's lowercase, and I'm too lazy to ask a mod to change it.
Yeah, it's at the bottom of this forum, or the next page of this forum.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:15 PM   #47
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider8
yeah sure
ok ones called the book...its about a character named tamuril ( heheheh yes my name) and shes an elven princess ...well the city gets attacked and she flees with her people and her friends set out to find her because she is indanger. her mother and father are dead and she becomes the queen...still not finished

second book is called sin of utopia( dunno why it just popped in ot my head) its about this girl named may and she is the one to save a cursed land and she goes to that world with a key ( roughly what the book is about but i kind of just started it so im working frantically

Old 12-16-2005, 02:33 PM   #48
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Sounds good

GAA! Stupid 90 second rule!

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:40 PM   #49
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

thankyou and im still working hard. damn hand writing books. if only my parents would let me use the comp but when do they trust me? lol

Old 12-17-2005, 06:02 AM   #50
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamuril Sirfalas
ok ones called the book...its about a character named tamuril ( heheheh yes my name) and shes an elven princess ...well the city gets attacked and she flees with her people and her friends set out to find her because she is indanger. her mother and father are dead and she becomes the queen...still not finished

second book is called sin of utopia( dunno why it just popped in ot my head) its about this girl named may and she is the one to save a cursed land and she goes to that world with a key ( roughly what the book is about but i kind of just started it so im working frantically
I like it, it's sounds well better than the stuff that i have wrote.
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
Old 12-17-2005, 01:01 PM   #51
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

Quote:
I like it, it's sounds well better than the stuff that i have wrote.
thankyou. im alittle stuck on the book novel so i am putting it aside for now and concentrating on the other

Old 12-18-2005, 10:38 PM   #52
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Tip: it can make life really easy if you plot out your story. It doesn't have to fit the roadmap, but it gives you an idea of how your story's gonna go, and you can also have the climax, etc. planned out good.

If you want to get unstuck, try reading something or coming up with a rogue plot. Or throw in a conventional plot to get started again...you can rewrite later. For example, on your first book, you could end it with the crowning, and write a sequel where some evil pops up.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 08:25 PM   #53
trolls' bane

ANTI-ODE HAIKU TO WRITER'S BLOCK
Ode to writers block, NOT!
I hate it! Burn it alive!
Burn!

Interesting plots!
Old 01-04-2006, 01:43 PM   #54
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curubethion
Tip: it can make life really easy if you plot out your story. It doesn't have to fit the roadmap, but it gives you an idea of how your story's gonna go, and you can also have the climax, etc. planned out good.

If you want to get unstuck, try reading something or coming up with a rogue plot. Or throw in a conventional plot to get started again...you can rewrite later. For example, on your first book, you could end it with the crowning, and write a sequel where some evil pops up.
thanks for that...very valuable...but knowing me i like to wing it and see if it takes me anywhere but these two novels need plot!!lol

Old 01-06-2006, 07:24 PM   #55
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

You're welcome.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 05:26 PM   #56
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curubethion
You're welcome.
have you ever written a novel before? or are you just very knowledgeable and smart as hell?

Old 02-17-2006, 04:54 AM   #57
strider8
Elven Warrior

I'm starting to think of some creatures for my book. But i have'nt got many ideas.

Last edited by strider8 : 02-17-2006 at 04:57 AM.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:19 PM   #58
trolls' bane

Quote:
I'm starting to think of some creatures for my book. But i have'nt got many ideas.
Well, as for ZAQ-1, I'm not to comfortable with inviting multiple civilizations of extra-terrestrial intelligence. So, I've decided that for the Milky Way Chronicles (of which ZAQ-1 is part) to include one extra-terrestrial species, basically a race of giant rats with telepathic powers that also happen to be autotrophs.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:50 PM   #59
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

I'm writing(or thinking of writing) a couple of books. I'm not very far on them yet, and some I haven't even started writing. Yeah, but anyway, I don't know any sites that will help you, but my advice would be to think of your idea and start writing! Worry about grammar and stuff like that later.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:01 PM   #60
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thain Peregrin Took I
I'm writing(or thinking of writing) a couple of books. I'm not very far on them yet, and some I haven't even started writing. Yeah, but anyway, I don't know any sites that will help you, but my advice would be to think of your idea and start writing! Worry about grammar and stuff like that later.
Definitely true. At least for me. I use best grammar possible, my problem is...well...consistency. Can't seem to remember certain aspects of my writing, and then if I change a part, I forget to change another, and then I forget which is more accurate, and it gets real hard.