Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-03-2004, 12:38 PM   #41
Orli17
Elven Warrior

Yep! agree to all that!!!

LEGOLAS GREENLEAF

10 Things You'll Find in Legolas' Backpack - Elvensmiths & Co.

10. hairbrush
9. blower
8. powder
7. Enya’s "the Memory of Trees" CD
6. cold cream
5. mud packs
4. First Aid kit
3. shampoo and conditioner
2. his picture
1. 101 Ways to Become the Prettiest Thing in Middle Earth

that is from theonering.net 'tookish ticklers top ten things'...just citing my sources.....
Orli17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:41 AM   #42
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

As much as I'd like to think there is something in the Malfoy/Harry James/Snape similarity, I don't know how likely it is. Since Harry has now seen what an idiot his father was, he might want to change that, as it was he who declined Malfoy's hand in friendship at the beginning of book I. And that, makes him as equally arrogant as his father. But then, Harry doesn't bully Draco in the same way James did Snape. So maybe there is nothing in that. At the end of OotP Lucius Malfoy will be in prison, so Draco is gonna be really pissed at Harry for that.

Quote:
'You're going to pay,' said Malfoy, in a voice barely louder than a whisper. 'I'm going to make you pay for what you've done to my father...'
I think that exchange quite clearly shows that Draco has a lot of respect and faith in his father, it's not just Lucius indoctrinating the boy. So I think if there's one thing Harry can count on, it is Draco's continuing anger towards him. He offered his friendship once, he won't do it again, and he won't take it back from Harry either. Having seen James in the pensieve perhaps Harry will now be able to see how his situation is like his father's and will just stop letting Draco get to him. Some good must come of the situation.

Dumbledore cannot die so soon. I agree with Crickhollow. As angry as Harry is that Dumbledore made a big mistake, he will care if Dumnbledore disappears. Plus, Harry has lost both his parents, and the closest thing he has ever had to a father figure, to Voldemort. At the age Harry is he can't control his emotions very well, as we saw when he tried to 'Crucio!' Bellatrix Lestrange. I think he needs Dumbledore as a guide, especilly now he knows that he will be the one who has to kill Voldemort. He is too impulsive, and needs someone there to stop him doing something stupid.

I don't think Mark Evans is going to be significant, because it has been revealed that Petunia is the last living relation of Lily by Dumbledore, and he would know. The only way there could be another was if there was a third Evans sister or a brother, and Dumbledore would know this. Since he doesn't, and insists Petunia is the last, there is no way Mark Evans could be related. Perhaps JKR just couldn't reach her naming dictionary.

Of course this just puts Petunia in danger, and I think Voldemort will try to kill her. If he does the spell will be broken...or so I'd assume.

As for a relationship I think Ron more likely to date Hermione than Harry, because Harry is probably now living in fear of loving anyone at all, they all seem to die. Cho seems to be out of the picture. Ginny is whoring about dating everyone. So I reckon we'll be saved the romance.

General thoughts:
  • A competant DADA teacher will be found.
  • Snape will probably die in book 7
  • Harry needs to prove to Snape he is not like James.
  • I want to see more happening with neville. Now we know more about him i think he'll be more involved with the story.
  • Hagrid may well die too.
  • Fred and George could join the Order of the Pheonix now they've left school. Working in a shop means they'd hear things...know what's going on.

I want Grawp to go away. I didn't like that in book 5.

I think I discussed too much there...

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:44 AM   #43
Katie of the Golden Wood
Enting

I like the Neville theory. I think he has some bravery in there that no one would expect.

As for Draco, I don't think he's really that bad of a guy. I think his father was a horrible influence on him, but I don't think that its to the point where he can't turn around. He's almost sort of vulnerable right now....he has no father to look up to at the moment, so he's in a position where he could be influence easily. I think its up to Harry, who is getting moodier and moodier, and feeling constantly sorry for himself to reach out to Draco and not just be nasty back. Draco always seems to have self esteem issues....lots of bullies do. If Harry was nice to him, Draco might pull through.

What about Luna Lovegood? What role will she play?

Katie
Katie of the Golden Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 10:11 AM   #44
Katie of the Golden Wood
Enting

News about Book 6!

JK Rowling recently said ( I read it in the New Jersey Star Ledger this morning) that:

1) Book Six will have some romance for Harry
2) He will go through and "terrible ordeal"

She also said she wasn't ruling out writing a book about adult Harry, though she also said she wanted to try writing in a "completely different genre."

Katie
Old 03-05-2004, 10:31 AM   #45
sun-star
Lady of Letters

Yes, she did a webchat yesterday where she answered a lot of fans' questions :

transcript

Quite enlightening
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.

Last edited by sun-star : 03-05-2004 at 10:33 AM.
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:25 PM   #46
Goldberry1
Elven Warrior

hmm, yes. that chat was quite... well, not informative. mostly just, "you'll find out" and such... though there are a few bits of concrete info. such as this:

Is there going to be a new minister of magic in the next books?
JK Rowling replies -> Yes. Ha! Finally, a concrete bit of information, I hear you cry!

which is promising, if not plainly intriguing!

heehee, now you're all tempted to read the spoiler...
Old 03-16-2004, 01:08 AM   #47
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Cathedral: Will we be hearing anything from Sirius Black's brother, Regulus, in future books?
JK Rowling replies -> Well, he's dead, so he's pretty quiet these days.
Duh!
Quote:
Debbie: What will Ron's job be when he leaves school?
JK Rowling replies -> Well, assuming he lives to leave school... I'm not going to tell you
This implies we will find out what they do after they graduate!
Quote:
Lucy: what happened to worm tale?
JK Rowling replies -> You'll find out in book six.
What was Lucy referring to here?
Quote:
Bobby: Any thoughts about a prequel series?
JK Rowling replies -> No, no prequels here. You won't need them by the time I've finished, you'll have all the back story you'll need!
Woohoo!

My thought on the article. Thanks for posting that!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 09:07 AM   #48
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Quote:
What was Lucy referring to here?
I think Lucy was referring to Wormtail. Obviously JKR understood it!!
Quote:
This implies we will find out what they do after they graduate!
Yes, but it also implies that Ron is going to die. NOOOOO!!! You can't kill off Ronniekins!!! He's our ickle Ronnie!! (Ok, maybe he's JK's ickle Ronniekins, but I don't wasnt her to kill him off!!) I told someone that I would throw the book accross the room if he died but then I would go pick it up immediatly to see what happened.
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 04:16 PM   #49
Katie of the Golden Wood
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by sirigorn

Yes, but it also implies that Ron is going to die. NOOOOO!!! You can't kill off Ronniekins!!! He's our ickle Ronnie!! (Ok, maybe he's JK's ickle Ronniekins, but I don't wasnt her to kill him off!!) I told someone that I would throw the book accross the room if he died but then I would go pick it up immediatly to see what happened.
She can't! Ron is the best character in the series! I hope we find out more about James/Sirius/Snape in Book 6

Katie
Old 03-16-2004, 04:17 PM   #50
Goldberry1
Elven Warrior

Quote:
well, not necessarily ron... but JKR obviously doesn't want to give anything away, so she's just leaving that option open... at least open to fans' interpretations.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:14 PM   #51
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Quote:
She can't! Ron is the best character in the series! I hope we find out more about James/Sirius/Snape in Book 6
That would be cool. Sirius is my fave character.
Quote:
well, not necessarily ron... but JKR obviously doesn't want to give anything away, so she's just leaving that option open... at least open to fans' interpretations.
Yeah... hopefully he won't die!! But maybe it'll be someone else. I don't want most people to die!!
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 03-20-2004, 01:20 PM   #52
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Yeah... hopefully he won't die!! But maybe it'll be someone else. I don't want most people to die!!
Some people have to die. After all they are dealing with Voldy. It wouldn't be as effective if she just killed off a few minor characters. I don't know if one of those characters will be Ron - probably not - but I think everyone knows that a few major characters will go. Maybe Harry will go. JK has already said that there will be no books after Hogwarts, and even though she said everything you need to know will be explained, she could be thinking of killing off Harry. Like one of those 'sacrific yourself to save the world' things. Harry and Voldy might have a huge confrontation and after Harry kills Voldy, he dies of extensive wounds or something. It would certanly make dramatic reading.

My dream ending is that Voldy kills everyone and that he rules the wizardy world, and soon to move onto the muggle world. Certainly a plot twister (yes I know it's never going to happen. I'm still bitter at Sirius dying okay!?! ).
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 04:40 PM   #53
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

I said I don't want MOST people to die. I didn't say I didn't want anybody to die. If that happened, Voldy would sure be losing his touch, right? I really think there'll be a lot of people dieing, even though I don't want them too. I mean, Lord Moldy Shorts is openly back, isn't he?

Recently, JKR did say she MIGHT write another book. She said she probably won't, but if she says that she definatly won't, then she'll break that promise. Or something like that. I'm not getting it across the way I want it to...
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 03-20-2004, 04:53 PM   #54
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I think I know what you mean.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean for me to sound like I was saying that you don't want anyone to die - I was just writing my opinion and your quote fitted in nicely with what I was trying to say. That was all.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 03-20-2004, 09:49 PM   #55
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

That's okay! Sorry I didn't exactly get your message.
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 03-21-2004, 10:30 AM   #56
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Not many people do!
Old 03-21-2004, 12:27 PM   #57
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

LOL!! I get you most of the time. I get you in the RPG. You're always clear there...
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 03-21-2004, 12:57 PM   #58
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Glad to hear, that I make sense sometimes.
Old 03-23-2004, 01:22 PM   #59
Orli17
Elven Warrior

Quote:
I said I don't want MOST people to die. I didn't say I didn't want anybody to die. If that happened, Voldy would sure be losing his touch, right?
JKR would be losing her touch if she killed everyone off!!!!! i think Ron might die. Its a big possiblity seeing that he's Harry's best friend and Voldy always blackmails. But someone important is surely gonna die. New Minister of Magic? that'll be cool!

LEGOLAS GREENLEAF

10 Things You'll Find in Legolas' Backpack - Elvensmiths & Co.

10. hairbrush
9. blower
8. powder
7. Enya’s "the Memory of Trees" CD
6. cold cream
5. mud packs
4. First Aid kit
3. shampoo and conditioner
2. his picture
1. 101 Ways to Become the Prettiest Thing in Middle Earth

that is from theonering.net 'tookish ticklers top ten things'...just citing my sources.....
Orli17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:19 AM   #60
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Yes, but if no one died, the JKR would also be losing her touch. It has to be a nice, even balance of people dying and people living. Okay, that was confusing...
-Two Towers extended DVD