Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-19-2002, 09:35 AM   #41
Faeirex
Hobbit

Location: A place inside my head, where none but myself dare go.
Daja

In reply to the question from a long time ago, Daja's surname is Kisubo.
I have read all the books except for the most recent two in the circle opens. I luv them!
Only problem I had was polkat deciding I must read them, and turning up at school with her entire set, minus a bag to put them in. Quite annoying bcos whenever I needed to open my bag, several books fell out instantly...

Minor quibble here- have been arguing with polkat about how Numair's name is pronounced. I say it like it's written. She say's its Numiere or similar. Please back me up here!

My fave character is Briar. For some reason I always like the dishonest ones...

Also, Yuki is one of the Yamani princess's ladies in waiting. She has some red fan with a blade in it, and she gives it to Neal when he has to enter the chamber. Guess that means they're serious.

Oh yeah, I also like Cleon.

~Fae
Am becoming disenchanted with palantir guy. Refuses to send me photo, except of one v. large eyeball. Says he is shy but I rather suspect he is fat, or perhaps hairy. Have heard some v. bad stories about palantir relationships. Should probably cool it for a while.

Well, wouldn't you know, palantir guy turned out to be Dark Lord of Mordor. Just my luck. Could have been worse, I guess. Sauron not far or hairy, just disembodied force of evil. Must go now, have to raise massive demon army to scourge the earth. Also, have manicure appointment. Is no easy task keeping nails pointy.

Am tired of climbing up and down eight million stairs just to taunt Gandalf. Should have imprisoned him in easy-access dungeon where could taunt more effectively, and would not have to wait until after breakfast.

Have crossed orcs with goblin men in caverns below Isengard. V. tedious experience as orcs and goblin men most reluctant to breed, even with dinner and flowers. Next time will try something easier, such as breeding goblins and cheerleaders to create super-perky army that can travel by day and will not complain about pink uniforms.

Did not know when decided to make demon army for Sauron that would be so darn messy. Curse my decision to be Saruman the White. Should have decided to be Saruman the Muddy Brown, or Saruman the Faintly Greenish. White just shows all the slime.
Faeirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 01:12 PM   #42
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Polkat
and how can you say don't blame him he is olnly attracted to beauties?!
Um, Polkat, I said HER not HIM I meant KELADRY! anyway, Yuki is in squire. she came w/ shnikokame , yuno, the princess who Roald marries. Kel doesn't love Neal so there!*sticks tounge out at Polkat* who do you think Kel should get together w/? I think she should get together w/ Dom. waitasec, how much older than Kel is Dom? I don't want it to be like Numair and Daine or George and Alanna or Jonthan and Thayet even though the last pair isn't so bad
HEHEHEHHEHEHEHE
LOD
ONLY 21 MORE DAYS OF SCHOOL!!!!!!!!
I am Morwen, Lady of Darkness.

Her head was bowed,
from all the tears and pain,
but she would rise again
Lady of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 01:51 PM   #43
Polkat
Enting

Location: yateley which is a small and rather boring town in england!
oooooooooookay

i have absolutely no idea what you just said. the first one was definately about neal, he only falls in love with beauties. that was definately there.

explain slowly and carefully, imagine, if you can *chuckles at own joke* you are speaking to an idiot.

and has this thread become a gang up on polkat thread? [quiet sobbing] nasty faeriex actually knows me so cannot forgive her at all.

dom's 6 years older than kel i think. am reading squire at the mo so will not be caught out [again]

2 more days of school!!!!! yes! stupid french oral though on wednesday, damn need to revise.
Old 05-19-2002, 01:59 PM   #44
TinuvielChild
Padawan

okay, i don't want to gang up on Polkat, but i pronounce Numair's name as "New-mare". LoD, can you please make your posts a tad more coherent? i know you don't really talk like that, so why do you write like that? and instead of giving you a lecture myself on using Internet slang, I shall instead direct you to the LotR Movies thread (it's in LotR Movies, click here) for bropous's lecture. Pretty sure it's on page 4.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!

Last edited by TinuvielChild : 05-19-2002 at 02:09 PM.
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 02:16 PM   #45
TinuvielChild
Padawan

oops..i just realized that i accidentally typed "LotR Movies thread". it should be the "LotR Easter Egg Mistake thread". i would have edited it, except my computer is doing funny things when i try to edit it.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 05-19-2002, 02:20 PM   #46
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

The reason I write like that is because I'm usually in a hurry TC. Polkat, I apologize for not being so clear. I am confused. you are confused. Forget it, how 'bout that? Yes TC, I did look every word up in the dictionary before I wrote it to make sure I spelled it correctly, happy?!
LOD

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again
Old 05-19-2002, 04:54 PM   #47
Faeirex
Hobbit

Location: A place inside my head, where none but myself dare go.
Why r we talking about who Kel should get with? She's already with Cleon!
Not only that, but she apparantly loves Cleon. And he loves her. Plus he's only 2 yrs older than her. Why would she be looking for other guys at all?

Toyed with option of suggesting she get together with Raoul to see how you react, but have just remembered that Raoul is with woman who's name I can't remember (Thayet's friend). There's one idea out the window...

Just for the record, I'm not trying to incite ppl to gang up on Kat anyway. I'm just trying to prove a point. Therefore I will (as she keeps saying to me) take higher moral ground and not respond to anything she just said. Tempting as it may be...

~Fae
Am becoming disenchanted with palantir guy. Refuses to send me photo, except of one v. large eyeball. Says he is shy but I rather suspect he is fat, or perhaps hairy. Have heard some v. bad stories about palantir relationships. Should probably cool it for a while.

Well, wouldn't you know, palantir guy turned out to be Dark Lord of Mordor. Just my luck. Could have been worse, I guess. Sauron not far or hairy, just disembodied force of evil. Must go now, have to raise massive demon army to scourge the earth. Also, have manicure appointment. Is no easy task keeping nails pointy.

Am tired of climbing up and down eight million stairs just to taunt Gandalf. Should have imprisoned him in easy-access dungeon where could taunt more effectively, and would not have to wait until after breakfast.

Have crossed orcs with goblin men in caverns below Isengard. V. tedious experience as orcs and goblin men most reluctant to breed, even with dinner and flowers. Next time will try something easier, such as breeding goblins and cheerleaders to create super-perky army that can travel by day and will not complain about pink uniforms.

Did not know when decided to make demon army for Sauron that would be so darn messy. Curse my decision to be Saruman the White. Should have decided to be Saruman the Muddy Brown, or Saruman the Faintly Greenish. White just shows all the slime.
Faeirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 05:01 PM   #48
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

Raoul is w/ Buri. Buri is the commander-in-chief of the Queen's Riders. The reason I wanted to know who people think that Kel should get together with is because Cleon is supposed to marry a Heiress. It's in Squire. Only 14 more weeks until Lady Knight, the 4th and final book in the Protector of the Small seies, comes out. YAH!!!!!!!!!
LOD

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again
Old 05-19-2002, 05:20 PM   #49
TinuvielChild
Padawan

yeah, LoD said what i was going to say: Raoul Goldenlake + Buriram Tourakom. (this is sad, that i know Buri's full name without having to look it up, and i think i spelled it right. go me!)

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 05-20-2002, 11:37 AM   #50
Polkat
Enting

Location: yateley which is a small and rather boring town in england!
lumier

i, er, pronounce numair like lumier of of beauty and the beast. but i don't supose this actually matters becuase i am known for my awful pronounciation of names. i tend to add i's when i don't like the origional name.

alos 14 weeks?! that is ages. is that american or english? if american will probably be yeeeeeeeeeeeears before i can read it. sigh and after that the library probably wont even get it for another decade. hate my library.

had other point but is completely gone. could be i dislike cleon but i don't think it was. hmmm will think of it later.

p.s am rereading squire to save myself any more embarressment due to lack of knowledge.
Old 06-07-2002, 11:03 PM   #51
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
Quote:
Originally posted by Eruviel Greenleaf
Don't anybody kill me, but Tamora Pierce really bothers me. I've read most of her books, and I think she is improving with time and practice, but still, I find many, many flaws in all her books. Which is dissapointing, because she has such great ideas sometimes. I really liked the Alanna books, at least a few years ago I did, but they got more and more annoying as they went on. Basically, I liked the first one, parts of the second, and the third, but other than that I got rather annoyed. I liked the Daine books also, mostly, but she seems to have something about having her characters end up with much older men...*cough* Numair *cough* But they were okay. In my opinion, her best book is the one about Briar, not in the first four, but, Street Magic I think it is. The other Briar one is not so good. If you ask me. I mean, bringing their teacher back to life? please. . .

But, I really shouldn't complain, I mean, I suppose I am a bit old for them now, and I'm reading quite different stuff. But, yeah, just thought I'd state my opinion...
Yes, someone who likes Briar! Be nice, I liked them bringing Rosethorn back to life. Plus, think about some of the other things they do:
  • putting out raging forest fires single handedly
  • Destorying pirate fleets single handedly (well almost)

Part of the fun is having them do impossible things. PLus, I REALLY like Rosethorn
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
TwirlingString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 01:06 AM   #52
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Okay, Rosethorn was just an example of some of the crazy things they do, which really annoys me because I'm not ready to believe those kids could do that. I like Rosethorn too, but maybe she could not have made her die, eh?

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 10:00 AM   #53
Carafin
Elven Warrior

Well it is fiction isn't it cut her some slack I enjoy reading T. P. , yes I read it to relax but .... she isn't as talented as tolkien but really that's expecting alot I guess what I'm really trying to say is that everyone writes on a different level so you have to judge an author on their own level sort of thing (sorry if that made no sense )

Oh I'm not trying to point fingers either
I like Briar, Tris, and Rosethorn

four be the things I'd be better off without,
love, curiousity, freckles, and doubt
Queen Guinevere?
Though all to ruin fell the world,
And were dissolved and backward hurled,
Unmade into the old abyss,
Yet were its making good for this,
The dusk, the dawn, the earth, the sea,
That Luthien for a time shoud be ~
~Beren: The Song of Parting

Last edited by Carafin : 06-09-2002 at 10:02 AM.
Carafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 05:20 PM   #54
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
(gently) I think she was trying to show EXACTLY what they can do together. No noe complains about jedi randomly coming back to life, do they?
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 06-10-2002, 03:36 AM   #55
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by TwirlingString
(gently) I think she was trying to show EXACTLY what they can do together. No noe complains about jedi randomly coming back to life, do they?
Since when do they do that? Their ghosts just sorta show up once in a while, doesn't mean they've come back to life, eh? Of course, they Jedi do some pretty crazy stuff as well...just not to the extent that Tamora Pierce has her character do things I simply won't believe they are capable of, even with magic.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 10:40 PM   #56
TinuvielChild
Padawan

TWIRLINGSTRING!!!!! Please excuse me for a moment, I have the need to berate TwirlingString for an exceptionally horrible Tamora Pierce/Ranma 1/2 crossover fanfiction. The following is the ranting of an overworked proofreader who finally cracked:

First of all, could you learn how to spell Numair and Keladry??? It is *not* "Numiar" and "Keldry", as you seem to think. All the usual typographical errors are in place (which I have graciously corrected for you), although you're getting better: This time around there were no grammatical errors! Congratulations!
Second: If you're going to do a Ranma/Tortall crossover fic, could you possibly have some integration, have it segue in, instead of having two completely unrelated stories in the same fic??? And last, but most definitely not least, WHAT IS UP WITH RANMA 1/2?!?!?! Honestly! By now you should know not to send me anything even remotely dealing with Ranma 1/2!!! I *know* it's an unrational bias. Most biases are!

Okay, flame over. The only reason I didn't do this in a PM is because it deals with Tamora Pierce and the fanfiction written by TwirlingString, which she sent to me for proofreading.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 06-14-2002, 08:46 PM   #57
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

I WARNED you TC. That chapter is incomplete, and I told you that I was working from 2 different points to get them on the same PLANET! (or is that universe?) I picked Ranma 1/2 cuz it's the easiest to work with. Tortall is complicated, Ranma 1/2 just has a lot of characters. They are related, you just don't see how until Chap 2, and I can;t write that until I've finished 1! Be patient, It'll all make sense later. Wait until the Chapter's finished to yell at me. It's spelled wrong every single time cuz I spelled it wrong the first time and now my computer automatically changes it to that. (I need to fix that don't I?)

Old 06-14-2002, 08:51 PM   #58
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Eruviel Greenleaf

Since when do they do that? Their ghosts just sorta show up once in a while, doesn't mean they've come back to life, eh? Of course, they Jedi do some pretty crazy stuff as well...just not to the extent that Tamora Pierce has her character do things I simply won't believe they are capable of, even with magic.
Yes they do! Remember Luke Skywalkers first girl friend in Children of the Jedi? She was dead, but she'd downloaded herself into a computer and when he found her, she built herself a body? Or what about the jedi master that supposedly died and disappeared 1,000 years ago, but was just sleeping and ended up Anakin Solo's pet?

Old 06-15-2002, 08:39 AM   #59
TinuvielChild
Padawan

TwirlingString, you may deny that you're naive, but your logic needs a serious makeover.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 06-15-2002, 11:04 AM   #60
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

What are you talking about?