Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-31-2002, 11:58 AM   #41
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

Wich one is the 2nd martin one? I can't remember because SOMEONE! *whistles innocently and points at her brother at the same time* stole all of them. yeah. Taggerung is the latest, I think
LoD
I am Morwen, Lady of Darkness.

Her head was bowed,
from all the tears and pain,
but she would rise again
Lady of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 11:27 PM   #42
Faramir
Elven Warrior

I love the Redwall series! It's the best(next to LotR)! I love the shrews and the moles! Molespeach is very funny. So far I've read Lord Brocktree, Martin the Warrior, The Bellmaker, Mariel of Redwall, Marlfox, Outcast of Redwall, and Salamandastron. My favorite is Lord Brocktree. And for anyone who doesn't alreday know or thinks otherwise, Lord Brocktree is first chronologically.
==========================
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Faramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 11:35 PM   #43
Palanturiel
Hobbit

I've been reading the Redwall Books since i was like 8. that was before i read LOTR. Now i have practically all the books in both series'. I dont have taggerung, but thats it. and on the question of the order of the books, just go to http://www.redwall.org and it tells you everything you could ever want to know. but personally i cant choose between the 2 authors or any of the books.
History became legend...
Legend became myth...
And some things that should not have been forgotten... were lost...

Thus the third age of middle-earth began.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
YODA LIVES!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Remember, people! We are all unique! Just like everybody else!
Palanturiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 01:13 AM   #44
Zar
Sapling

No idea which ones the best! ive read them all 3times(Except taggerung I read once and brocktreetwice) And I get them all muddled. I like them all. Im almost positive old Brockers is first then martin.
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 10:39 AM   #45
Faramir
Elven Warrior

The second Martin one is Mossflower. Since that post, I've read Redwall, Mattimeo, The Taggerung, and The Long Patrol.

P.S. I have Redwall RPG site. If you want the URL, PM me.
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Faramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 09:01 AM   #46
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

I love the Redwall books. My favorites among what I have read so far are Mattimeo and Redwall. I love mole speech, its so funny. I also like how you can trace generations through the diferent books.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 10:24 PM   #47
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

what i meant by the second Martin book was the one after Mattimeo.
Mattimeo names his shon Martin.
sorry for the confusion
i don't want schoollll!!!!!
die school DIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
LoD

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again
Old 09-01-2002, 01:11 PM   #48
Sylvee Estel
Elven Warrior

I just finished the Long Patrol. It was excellant. I love the hares!
Old 09-13-2002, 11:09 PM   #49
TinuvielChild
Padawan

I used to love Redwall. I haven't read them in awhile, but my favorites are definitely:

Redwall
Martin the Warrior
Mattimeo
Mossflower
The Pearls of Lutra

The rest are good too, but after awhile they all seem to have the same plot. Just something I noticed after I read a lot of them.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 07:37 AM   #50
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

yeah I know but you definatly gotta love 'em! the only thing i don't like is how there are no horses in them*pouts*. oh well *sighs*. I hope there is another one soon. anyone know?
the great and terrible Lady of Darkness is sick*throws up*

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again
Old 11-08-2002, 04:14 PM   #51
TolkienGurl
Hobbit

I Love Redwall!

I've read the Redwall books consistently for about 5 years now. I absolutely love them! Did you know there's a new one out? I think its called Triss. I have all of the books, except the new one, which I'm going to buy once I have the money ().

They were originally written for blind children. That's why they are so descriptive and the dialects so unique.

Redwall is definitely one-of-a-kind!
TolkienGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 06:00 PM   #52
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
rggh I need to pay more attention! I HAVE to get that book! I've gotten so addicted to Hp fanfiction latelt that I've been missing everything!
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
TwirlingString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 01:43 PM   #53
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
I really like the Redwall series (see my name? )
My two best friends and I sometimes joke about being a Squelf, Mobbit, and Dwole (squirrel-elf, mouse-hobbit, dwarf-mole). My favorite books in the series are Redwall, Mossflower, Mariel of Redwall, and The Bellmaker.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 06:32 PM   #54
gandalffan2525
Enting

has any one seen the cartoons?
if not, DONT!! they are horrible!
the attemps at all the diffrent dialects are, are, augh!!
on a happier note: triss is the next book and its pretty good.
Who is X?
click here-->Dagorhir!
"I will personally strangle the next person who refers to ents as 'those talking tree things'"

Last edited by gandalffan2525 : 11-13-2002 at 06:34 PM.
gandalffan2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 08:17 PM   #55
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
I used to watched them, they were really dumb, but they were worth it just to see the sparra.
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 11-14-2002, 02:29 AM   #56
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I've read all of them except the most recent one, and with varying degrees of enjoyment. Most of them have several things the same in them, and the plots and characters aren't too much different. Only when one occasionally comes out that really branches off of the old ones do I really get involved in it.

I really liked the Outcast of Redwall and Sunflash the Mace more than most of the others, if I remember correctly. I like the ones that cover a period of time in them, and also the ones in which the villains are unique.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 07:15 PM   #57
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
From what I remember, as a general rule, the earlier books are better than the later ones. But hey! There aren't that many authors who can keep up a good series for more than a trilogy (many not even that), and BJ did.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 07:37 PM   #58
TolkienGurl
Hobbit

My favorites would have to be The Pearls of Lutra and Taggerrung. I can't wait until Friday! That's my birthday and I'm gonna buy Triss with my birthday-money! yay!
TolkienGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 11:46 PM   #59
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lief Erikson
I've read all of them except the most recent one, and with varying degrees of enjoyment. Most of them have several things the same in them, and the plots and characters aren't too much different. Only when one occasionally comes out that really branches off of the old ones do I really get involved in it.

I really liked the Outcast of Redwall and Sunflash the Mace more than most of the others, if I remember correctly. I like the ones that cover a period of time in them, and also the ones in which the villains are unique.
Ugh I don't remeber Sunflash the Mace either, WHERE HAVE I BEEN?!!!!!

Old 11-30-2002, 11:39 PM   #60
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Re: REDWALL RULES!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of Darkness
I cried when Rose died. the biggest question is that why did she die? What purpose did it serve? (stupid Question, sorry)
I think it served to show that Martin was, along with being a great hero, just an ordinary mouse who had to make sacrifices just like everyone else in Redwallland.

I was the most huge Redwall fan for years. My first ever RPG was as a mouse. A healer mouse. (It was more a pass-along-through-a-discussion-board-story than anything else.) But very fun.

I don't really like Redwall anymore...maybe it's just a negative phase...but I think I've outgrown them. The plot seems the same book after book after book. However, they are written in an addictive, colorful writing style that even I probably won't be able to resist...Can't wait until the next book! (Yes...my sentiments are a bit confused...oh well. )
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote