Old 01-11-2002, 05:39 PM   #41
Aragorn
Elven Warrior

*It's alright, I should've told everyone in my post where he got shot.*

And they carried them to the flatlands
But they died along the way
And they built up with their bare hands
What we still can't do today.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO till the day I die.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 12:07 AM   #42
Shenna McBain
Hobbit

Arwen Undomiel Dark Magic

The mighty horses never slowed as the trio made their escape, and Tasha breathed a small sigh of relief at her ability to help the stranger who had assisted them. She smiled to her sister, and spoke briskly, "That is the very reason I could not marry Stravis."

Elyssia looked on her sister with astonishment. "Can you teach me?"

Tasha nodded, "In time it might be possible, though I have not completed my training. Master Tigard has been teaching me for the past few months, and there is still much I don't understand about my ablities."

The three now grew silent again, as the horses raced closer to the Rohan border. Time was against them, it wouldn't be long now before her father and Lord Stravis would realize what had happened.

**** Back at the castle****

Lady Elian knocked softly on Tasha's door. When no answer came King Silac pushed through the door bellowing for his daughter, "Tasha! Tasha, the time has come. Many await your arrival at the chapel!"

Elian's eyes darted back and forth across the room as her husband continued his mindless babbling. It was she who first noticed that the wedding dress still lay upon the bed, and it was she who found the note. Her hands trembled as they read the words written upon the parchment.

Silac removed the note from his wife's hand without asking, and his face grew red with each passing second. Elian was now in tears as her husband bellowed once more, "Guards!"

Three young men entered the room, and Silac pointed to one of them. "Bring me your captain... NOW!" The young man scampered out of the room in search of the captain. The others remained where they stood until Silac dismissed them with a wave of his hand.

He turned to Eilan, "Did you know of this?" Eilan shook her head, and Silac's temper grew. They awaited the captain, and as they did Eilan prayed for Tasha's escape. She might not have openly opposed Silac's decision to marry their daughter to Lord Stravis, but if Tasha could make it safely out of Rohan then Elian would wish her all the luck in the world.

Silac began to pace, "We have to find her... I made a deal.... she must be found."
Shenna McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 01:46 PM   #43
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Arwen Undomiel Sorry this is so late...

OOC: Had a lot going on lately, but hopefully I can get back to doing this pretty regularly. Oh, and this is way overdue, but congratulations Shenna!!!!!
Good luck!!!!!

BIC: Lord Stravis jumped from the table and walked briskly down the long hall. There's no time to gather troops, he thought. I'll just have to go alone. But first I must seek the counsel of the Orb of Andriel... His thoughts were interrupted by a servant running right in front of him, out of a corridor. "Who are you, boy? Where are you supposed to be? You have no business in this part of the castle," said Stravis. "My name is Tessar, my Lord," he said. "Well wherever you're supposed to be, get..." Stravis's voice trailed off. Something told him not to send the boy back. Use him, it said. He will help you find the girl! "Nevermind, come with me," said Stravis. Soon they came to a wooden door, carved with beautiful designs, and a message that read, "Be careful, all ye/Who wish to find/The magic and power/ That lies inside./For if wrong words are spoken/To allow you within/ You may never/ Try again!" "Stay here," said Stravis softly but sternly to Tessar. He said something inaudible to the door, which immediately swung open, and dissapeared inside.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 09:00 PM   #44
Shenna McBain
Hobbit

The women had ridden hard that afternoon, and as twilight began to fall Tasha reigned in her steed. "We will have to stop soon; the horses need rest." Her gaze fell upon her sister and her friend. "And so do we. Though we must stay off the main roads, and keep to the wooded areas to kept from being discovered."

Volanna shook her head in agreement. "Yes, your father will most certainly have sent out a search party by now. The main road will be quite hazardous."

They found a small clearing in the woods, and made a makeshift camp. Few words had been spoken since they had begun this strange journey, but now Elyssia had many questions for her sister. Tasha listened carefully to all of them; waiting for Elyssia to take a moment to breathe before she would answer any of them.

A wide grin broke out on Volanna's face as she watched Elyssia's animated movements as she began to ask Tasha about her ablities. Sitting back against a tree trunk, she said nothing, only listened. She too wanted to know more of Tasha's powers.
Old 01-17-2002, 09:31 PM   #45
Aragorn
Elven Warrior

Duriel wandered through the wilderness. There seemed to be no sign of settlement or even civilization anywhere. Ahead he thought he could hear voices. Probably just my imagination, he thought to himself. But his wound was searing with pain and he was tiring. He might as well check it out. He staggered onward towards the voices. They became louder and he could hear talk of magic. He finally came into view and called out.

"Need...help....pain...."

With that he collapsed(sp?) to the ground and blacked out.

Old 01-17-2002, 11:48 PM   #46
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Finally, Elyssia sat down and finished her ceaseless pacings. She took a deep breath, and asked the real question that had been lingering on the back of her mind all day..."Why didn't you TELL me before now?"

OOC-Aragorn...was that the signal to respond to your character???
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 08:23 PM   #47
Shenna McBain
Hobbit

She collected her thoughts and looked at her younger sister, Elyssia. So much had happened in the past twelve hours, and now she was responsible for what happened to both of them. Tasha closed her eyes and began to speak. "I couldn't tell you, Elyssia. I was forbidden to tell anyone. Not even mother knows of it. Only Master Tigard and Volanna knew until recently."

Opening her eyes, Tasha saw the mixture of confusion and amazement pass over Elyssia's face. She continued before Elyssia could begin questioning her again. "Lord Stravis happened up on my practice one afternoon, and shortly afterwards he tricked father into betrothing me to him. As soon as Master Tigard learned of the arrangement he began to worry. You see, Lord Stravis only wanted my hand in marriage so he could attempt to gain control of my powers. He's been trying for years to find away to take control of Rohan, Stravis is an evil man."

Elyssia now sat down on in astonishment, as Tasha went on. "There are still a great many things I have yet to learn about my powers, and I am hopeing that once beyond Rohan's borders I will be able to find another teacher such as Tigard. If not then I will just have to muddle my way through."

Tasha lowered her gaze from Elyssia's. "It is only fair of me to tell you now that you too may have these ablities. In time we will know for sure, and by then we will hopefully have found someone who can teach us how to use them wisely."

In the bushes at the edge of the clearing a twig snapped, and the women grew silent. They were quite surprised when an injured man made his way into their midst, and asked them for help. He now lay in a heap upon the forest floor. Volanna was the first to react, and moved to the man's side. "He's been hurt badly m'lady. Can you help him?"

Tasha and Elyssia were now next to Volanna, as Tasha assessed the injuries. "I don't know if I can help him, but I shall try."

She laid her hand upon him, and closed her eyes. Tasha spoke softly, and a faint glow surrounded both her and the injured man. Elyssia sat in wonder at her sister's powers; her mind reeling with all that had been revealed to her in the past few moments.
Old 01-18-2002, 11:15 PM   #48
Renille

Elyssia stood up and walked away,into the trees.It was all beginning to make sense. Of course Tasha had wanted to get away from Stravis...she could have been hypnotized and made to do his will. That was what Tasha had meant earlier, when she had said that there were things that Stravis saw in both of them. Elyssia shivered. To think her sister might hold power enough to help rule a nation forever. And it was even more frightening that she, an even younger person than her sister, held the same power. She shivered again, and then collected herself. Of course she didn't have that power;she wasn't anything like Tasha. How could Elyssia, a wild horse maid princess, have any magical power? The idea was downright laughable. Elyssia collected herself and walked back into the clearing, resolved not to mention the matter again. She asked Tasha, "How is the man? Do you need any help?"
Old 01-19-2002, 08:36 AM   #49
Shenna McBain
Hobbit

"He'll be fine. I just wonder who he is, and if we should leave before he awakes. The last thing we need is some idiot thinking he's doing us good by returning us to father." Tasha's gaze drifted to the now sleeping man.

Volanna nodded in approval of Tasha's assessment. "He is mended now, and I think we should move on before he awakes."
Old 01-19-2002, 02:41 PM   #50
Aragorn
Elven Warrior

*Okay, I'm a little confused, do you want me to make my character wake up before you leave or do you want my character to wake up after you leave?*

Old 01-21-2002, 04:40 AM   #51
Laiqualassë
Sapling

((can i join?pwetty pwease?i love RPing...i started 10 months ago, and haven't stopped since this looks good...i'm definitely making an entrance!well, as long as i figure out exactly where you are...could you be in Fangorn?))
Old 01-21-2002, 03:36 PM   #52
Renille

Of course you can join! But no, I don't think we're in Fangorn already...I don't know, I have a weird head for geography, I guess I'll have to look at a Middle Earth map. I think we're just in a small woods outlying our town. And as for Aragorn, it's your character;your descision! (If you want to keep along your own devices, don't wake up. If you want to be involved with our mission and story, wake up!)
Old 01-21-2002, 08:19 PM   #53
Shenna McBain
Hobbit

OOC: Yeah anyone's welcome! And Aragorn it is definately up to you on whether or not you want to wake up. Well, I have to run for now, have a good time everyone!
Old 01-24-2002, 03:56 AM   #54
Laiqualassë
Sapling

Strider Entrance

*a green-fletched arrow thuds into the ground at your feet, but no one can be seen in the trees.a voice echoes oddly around the clearing, not seeming to have a single source*

what are you doing in this forest?there is older and darker magic than yours in the Woods of the world...

(( like? i'm afraid i'm used to a more rigid kind of RP...where you post your move, and if you post anyone else's you get flamed

just to clear up any confusion * * is action, (( )) is OOC, nothing is speaking))

Last edited by Laiqualassë : 01-24-2002 at 03:59 AM.
Laiqualassë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 10:52 PM   #55
Littledude87
Hobbit

Gimli

Christon stumbled into he clearing where he saw the light. There was a strange assortmant of people present, but he couldn't contemplate who they were. As he lurched twords the middle, the arrow in his shoulder flared, and everything went black
Littledude87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 08:48 PM   #56
Shenna McBain
Hobbit

The three looked about quite stunned at the faceless voice. Tasha stepped forward and spoke. "I am Princess Tasha of Rohan, we mean no harm to the woods. We only wish for safe passage out of Rohan."

Volanna and Elyssia stood steadfast behind Tasha, and yet they were all take aback once again as a man stumbled from the tree line into the clearing and fell before them. He too having been injured. Tasha was beginning to wonder what manner of evil lay with these woods.

Giving no further thought to the bodiless voice she approached the man, as did the other two. It now appeared that they would not be able to leave as first planned, Tasha's upbringing wouldn't let her leave a man to die.
Old 01-28-2002, 11:35 PM   #57
Renille

Elyssia stepped back to find the speaker. "Who are you?" she called, "And where are you? What brings you to our camp?"
Old 01-29-2002, 04:14 AM   #58
Laiqualassë
Sapling

*Liyin steps out of the trees behind Elyssia, a green hood drawn up and hiding her face and a bow in her hand.the arrows in the quiver are green-fletched, and distinctive.crouching, she gently pulls the arrow she loosed before out of the ground and replaces it in her quiver with the others*

you have a rare gift, Princesses.but don't think to challenge everything you see when you are yet so young.there are things far older than even Elves in some parts of this world...
in answer to your questions, little one, my name is Liyin and i am an elf.i am here, and i am in your camp because i wanted to find out who was here.not many traverse this deep into the woods, and for good reason...

*Liyin crouches beside Christon and inspects his shoulder*

we'll have to take the arrow out, and it might be poisoned anyway.here, Princess, hold him while i draw the arrow out...
Old 01-29-2002, 11:54 PM   #59
Renille

Because Elyssia, in all her youthful energy, was becoming increasingly annoyed with the slow pace of the journey, she spoke sharply to the elf.
"I have no gift. It is only my sister. And she knows how to use it a little better than you seem to think. We have our own business here...it is none of your concern what it is." Nevertheless, as she held the dwarf gently down as the arrow was being pulled out, Elyssia spoke a little more softly; "Is it poisoned? Shall we wait a little here or leave him with you?" No matter how impatient she was, Elyssia had also been taught to always pity the wounded and sick, and she had learned her lessons well.
Old 02-01-2002, 03:59 AM   #60
Laiqualassë
Sapling

((i'm not good with RPing for others...))

*Liyin stops and turns to Elyssia*

could she defeat a demon of the ancient world, from the time when the Evil One ruled all the lands of Middle-earth?not even a fully-trained wizard who has studied magic his whole life could hope to defeat such a thing, merely delay it for a while.do not presume full knowledge of this world, for there is much you do not know

*Liyin turns back to the wound*

i do not think it is poisoned, but we will know soon enough