Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-18-2002, 10:32 PM   #41
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

Last night I dreamt I was going to Japan! I was so disappointed (sp?) when I woke up...
I live in Australia - just so you understand. My sister went to Japan on an exchange trip a while ago and I'm hoping to go sometime.
Lanelf.

Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums!

You'll never shut down the real Napster
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 10:37 PM   #42
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Well, personally, I wouldn't be disappointed if I woke up and I was suddenly in Australia ... scared, but not disappointed (I'm American).
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 10:42 PM   #43
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

I often dream that I'm the worm in the bottom of a bottle of tequilla..............must be a premonition of heaven

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 06:10 AM   #44
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

Well it happened!!!! When I finally got to sleep last night what was I dreaming of?! Elrond in fishnets and high heels (forgivable as have you seen Hugo in Priscilla Queen of the Desert?) Gandalf controling it all, Boromir dressed as Meat loaf, Aragorn strutting it in Riff Raff gear, Galadriel playing the innocant Janet and Legolas and Arwen doing a mean Magenta and Columbia. It was Rocky Horror meets LOTR and it was frightening (I think I prefer my Ringwraith nightmares.) It then progressed to Legolas, Aragorn etc in Can-Can skirts when I put Moulin Rouge on before school- WILL IT NEVER END?!!!!!!!!!! Oh the horror! the horror! Well gotta dash, love ya all, Mx
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 06:25 AM   #45
Draken
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Miranda
Well it happened!!!! When I finally got to sleep last night what was I dreaming of?! Elrond in fishnets and high heels (forgivable as have you seen Hugo in Priscilla Queen of the Desert?) Gandalf controling it all, Boromir dressed as Meat loaf, Aragorn strutting it in Riff Raff gear, Galadriel playing the innocant Janet and Legolas and Arwen doing a mean Magenta and Columbia. It was Rocky Horror meets LOTR and it was frightening (I think I prefer my Ringwraith nightmares.) It then progressed to Legolas, Aragorn etc in Can-Can skirts when I put Moulin Rouge on before school- WILL IT NEVER END?!!!!!!!!!! Oh the horror! the horror! Well gotta dash, love ya all, Mx
We should have some Rocky Horror style audience partici.....pation in LOTR. At the end of FOTR when Aragorn despatches the Uruk for instance we could yell "Where's your ******* neck?"

Galabdriel innocent? Nah, card-carrying domonatrix I'm sure, bad casting!

....or am I?
Draken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 06:55 AM   #46
Miranda

Totally!!!!!!! I can just see PJ's face when we create the box office extravaganza of 2020 with Rocky Horror show 50 years on and on the tour of Middle Earth!!!!!! Can I please, please, please, please, please, please (do you get the point) play our Janet come Galadriel because I've always wanted to bang out Toucha me at the top of my lungs and if we can get Orli to play Rocky (okay he'll be in his forties but who cares) I won't need to act!!!! I'm sure there'll be people on here up for a bit of Rocky Horror fun. Perhaps we should start up an RPG about it? It would be quite interesting to say the least. If you've seen the extended FOTR I can just see the bit where Frodo asks Gandalf the way to Mordor and he comes back with "its just a jump to the left and then a step to the right!" Later Mx
Old 11-19-2002, 11:14 AM   #47
Silverstripe

Another type of dream: I am off questing for something, trying to accomplish some difficult task, or maybe just running around Middle Earth. Anyway, when I wake up, I'm tireder than when I went to sleep in the first place! It's rather annoying!

Or: Dreaming about getting hurt, then waking up and finding that I DID hurt myself somehow (for instance, dreaming I was trying to see how comfortable flying a broomstick around was ... it WASN'T, and I fell off)

Either of these ever happen to you?
Old 11-19-2002, 04:26 PM   #48
Miranda

Waking up tireder yes- its a bugger isn't it? Never hurt myself before badly- fallen out of bed after fighting eith orc warriors but I've never done anything to bad. Have totally embarrassed myself a couple of times though!!! Have reportedly spent a sleepover at my mates crying "Orlando! Orlando!" at the top of my lungs. Only bugger is that I can't remember the dream and if it was that good I wanna!!!!! Trying to dream up inspiration for my story at the mo but bloody Ringwraiths start turning up and ruining it- they have no manners! Mx
Old 11-19-2002, 05:06 PM   #49
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Draken
Galabdriel innocent? Nah, card-carrying domonatrix I'm sure, bad casting!
It's always the serene one's isn't it?.............no wonder Celeborn always looked so dour

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 05:12 PM   #50
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Silverstripe
Or: Dreaming about getting hurt, then waking up and finding that I DID hurt myself somehow (for instance, dreaming I was trying to see how comfortable flying a broomstick around was ... it WASN'T, and I fell off)
Here's a dream that I'm sure most of you would consider odd. It was summer(Not in my dream, in real life), and I dreamt that a flea was crawling across my right foot. I woke up and felt something crawling across my right foot. It was a flea.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 05:15 PM   #51
Silverstripe

Quote:
Waking up tireder yes- its a bugger isn't it? Never hurt myself before badly- fallen out of bed after fighting eith orc warriors but I've never done anything to bad. Have totally embarrassed myself a couple of times though!!! Have reportedly spent a sleepover at my mates crying "Orlando! Orlando!" at the top of my lungs. Only bugger is that I can't remember the dream and if it was that good I wanna!!!!! Trying to dream up inspiration for my story at the mo but bloody Ringwraiths start turning up and ruining it- they have no manners! Mx
LOL. Personally, fell out of bed after dreaming of trying and failing to fly a broomstick. Decided it was more fun to fly alone. No, Ringwraiths have no manners. Hmmm. Have you ever tried to teach "yours" any better?

Random Comment: If life were really like a dream, I wouldn't like to see ANYONE'S diary...although some of the more coherent entries of the cleaner-minded people could be interesting.
Old 11-19-2002, 06:18 PM   #52
elvendrummer87
Enting

Quote:
Well, personally, I wouldn't be disappointed if I woke up and I was suddenly in Australia ... scared, but not disappointed (I'm American).
neuther would I. I'd hitchhike my way to New Zealand and the Hobbitan set!!!
elvendrummer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 06:51 PM   #53
Silverstripe

Quote:
Originally posted by elvendrummer87
neuther would I. I'd hitchhike my way to New Zealand and the Hobbitan set!!!
Yeah! Let's go! I'm all for it. Oh, wait, we're not in Australia. Um ... let's hitchhike to New Zealand anyway! Everybody get a map, a compass, and some scuba gear.
Old 11-19-2002, 07:25 PM   #54
katya
Elven Maiden

Quote:
Originally posted by Khadrane
In the latest weird dream I had, I went to the Tonight Show (but it was held at my church ), and Jay Leno got sick, so David Letterman had to take his place. It was disturbing.
i once had a dream about being on Politically Inncorrect. I ended up summoning the spirit of my dead cat.

I don't think I ever hurt myself much when I was sleeping, or at least not that I can remember... I'm sure I have though. It's just something I would do.

Ok I don't really like beer very much, but last night I had a dream about drinking beer, only it tasted like champagne. It was like, "hey, maybe i like beer after all!" since I love champagne. I would drink chanpagne instead of pop if I could. I am not sure how I tasted in my sleep, but hey, whatever. Onc or twice I could've sworn I felt pain while dreaming, but who knows.

One more thing: do most of you when you're dreaming usually know it's a dream once you think about it? The other day I actually thought to myself in a dream "this is kind of like a dream, only I am awake" and I actually thought i was awake. Usually I can tell...
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 08:39 PM   #55
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Had a mucho scary dream again...dreamt that I was in Rivendell, in the council on Elrond, except his name was Enron. I guess I was like a miniture hobbit, because, try as I might, I could not get anyone to look at me! And then all of a sudden, Enron starts talking baby talk and Gandalf is exclaiming to the world that he's a magician, not a wizard after all. At the same time, Borimir suddenly starts yelling about how totally fascinating hobbits are...and then these orcs come in bearing tea cups. All falls silent, and then Enron asks 'Anyone for tennis?" Mucho scary dream.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 10:27 PM   #56
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

I have alot of dreams about running, and falling. Go figure.

So I am runnin' down this hill, steep hill. Big lake at the bottom, I am being chased by the Grizzly lookin' guy. I run and I fall real hard, and hurt my..rear...come to find out, I sitting on the floor of my bedroom, covers askew. I am not a good sleeper. Obviously.

This one is deactivated, I think.
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 03:34 AM   #57
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Oh, I just thought of another dream experience I can relate. This is the only sleepwalking incident I've ever had that I can remember, and I remember this one very well because it only happened a few months ago. It's not a dream, so I suppose it doesn't quite qualify, but it still might interest some of you.

At this time me, my brothers and my sisters were living in apartements because our house was undergoing remodelling.

I came out of my sleepwalking as I was pacing up and down outside the apartement door. It was night, the doors were both closed and locked, and I was outside. That night, I had gone to sleep in my bed, but URGH! That wasn't a pleasant experience. I considered simply sitting down and going to sleep outside the apartements (Our apartements were secluded from all the others, so it wouldn't have been potentially embarrassing in terms of meeting someone I didn't know out there), but I decided against it (For, I think, very understandable reasons ). So I knocked on the doors for a long time until my brother woke up and let me in.

Quote:
One more thing: do most of you when you're dreaming usually know it's a dream once you think about it? The other day I actually thought to myself in a dream "this is kind of like a dream, only I am awake" and I actually thought i was awake. Usually I can tell...
I sometimes can tell and I sometimes can't; usually I don't think about it. The first time I really wondered was a long time ago, when in my dream I was in an airplane with my Mom and Dad, and the pastor of our church was standing on the airplane's carpet looking at the roof, tapping his foot and saying "Tut, tut, tut."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 11-20-2002 at 03:36 AM.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 05:05 AM   #58
Miranda

Quote:
Yeah! Let's go! I'm all for it. Oh, wait, we're not in Australia. Um ... let's hitchhike to New Zealand anyway! Everybody get a map, a compass, and some scuba gear.
Stop off in London on the way and pick me up!!!!!!!!! I desperately want to go to New Zealand- don't know about the scube bit though. May try a bungy jump like Orli did. Can't remember me dream last night but woke up with a thumping headache this morning- probably due to too much Ringwraith activity- I wonder if they'll respond to obidience lessons like dogs do and leave me to get some sleep. Nasssssty little Nazzzzguls, hatess them forever we does!!!!! *whoa Gollum back in your cage boy- don't make me get the hose!*- sorry having Smeagol problems! Tee hee. Later All Mx
Old 11-20-2002, 11:25 AM   #59
Silverstripe

Quote:
Stop off in London on the way and pick me up!!!!!!!!! I desperately want to go to New Zealand- don't know about the scube bit though. May try a bungy jump like Orli did. Can't remember me dream last night but woke up with a thumping headache this morning- probably due to too much Ringwraith activity- I wonder if they'll respond to obidience lessons like dogs do and leave me to get some sleep. Nasssssty little Nazzzzguls, hatess them forever we does!!!!! *whoa Gollum back in your cage boy- don't make me get the hose!*- sorry having Smeagol problems! Tee hee. Later All Mx
Oh so you want to BUNGY JUMP to New Zealand? Well, I guess it's worth a try.

LOL. I can see it now. "RINGWRAITHS! Come! Sit! Stay! Go! Oh, good (er, bad) Nagzul!" *pats Ringwraith on head*
Old 11-20-2002, 11:29 AM   #60
Miranda

Quote:
Oh so you want to BUNGY JUMP to New Zealand? Well, I guess it's worth a try.

LOL. I can see it now. "RINGWRAITHS! Come! Sit! Stay! Go! Oh, good (er, bad) Nagzul!" *pats Ringwraith on head*
It could be interesting to try to bungy jump to New Zealand but I need a partner- ANY OFFERS???!!!! As for the Nazgul- sounds like what I yell at my dog. I can just see the witch king doing unspeakable things to my friend's leg when they come over and jumping up on the counter to nick the roast chicken!!! Wonder if Frodo etc should have tried a rolled up newspaper or a slipper rather than those stumpy little swords to duff them up! Tee Hee Mx