Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-29-2008, 11:26 PM   #521
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

OOOOO, that's pretty freaky, Mari!

I had this one about three days ago:

My mother, two older sisters, and I were at home doing... something. Dishes, I think. We were talking about how a little girl had vanished at a theme park (I mean a place with roller-coasters) near our church three days ago, and how it was strange that she hadn't been found.

My family decided to go visit a nun who lived near the park and was praying for the girl's safe return.

As we drove closer and closer to the church, everyone started feeling really uneasy, and it got dark very quickly till finally it was at that point where it's just barely night time and there's still a tiny purple glow on the horizon.

Then I remember someone saying, "Is that the little girl?" as we drove into the parking lot, and there was a little girl with long black hair wearing a white summer dress standing near the church, with her face looking down. I got this incredibly powerful sense of dread, and I said something like, "Mom, there is no way this girl survived for three days. She's possessed."

Then the little girl looked up at our car, and she started scrambling on all fours up the wall of the church, still looking over her shoulder at our car, and I -knew- she was coming for me.

We were trying to drive as fast as we could to the place where the nun lived, because we were afraid the girl would try to kill her, but I was freaking out because I knew she wasn't after the nun, she wanted me.

The last part of the dream I remember is watching the girl and being able to make out that she was looking at me with these red-yellow eyes and she mouthed, "I'm coming for you,"

...aaaaaaaaaand then I woke up.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:50 AM   #522
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Sounds like a good dream. The nun got her prayer answered .
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:30 AM   #523
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
OOOOO, that's pretty freaky, Mari!

I had this one about three days ago:

My mother, two older sisters, and I were at home doing... something. Dishes, I think. We were talking about how a little girl had vanished at a theme park (I mean a place with roller-coasters) near our church three days ago, and how it was strange that she hadn't been found.

My family decided to go visit a nun who lived near the park and was praying for the girl's safe return.

As we drove closer and closer to the church, everyone started feeling really uneasy, and it got dark very quickly till finally it was at that point where it's just barely night time and there's still a tiny purple glow on the horizon.

Then I remember someone saying, "Is that the little girl?" as we drove into the parking lot, and there was a little girl with long black hair wearing a white summer dress standing near the church, with her face looking down. I got this incredibly powerful sense of dread, and I said something like, "Mom, there is no way this girl survived for three days. She's possessed."

Then the little girl looked up at our car, and she started scrambling on all fours up the wall of the church, still looking over her shoulder at our car, and I -knew- she was coming for me.

We were trying to drive as fast as we could to the place where the nun lived, because we were afraid the girl would try to kill her, but I was freaking out because I knew she wasn't after the nun, she wanted me.

The last part of the dream I remember is watching the girl and being able to make out that she was looking at me with these red-yellow eyes and she mouthed, "I'm coming for you,"

...aaaaaaaaaand then I woke up.
That's really... creepy. And Mari, yours was also kinda creepy too.
I'm not sure of the last time that I had a creepy/scary dream. Mine are usually just plain weird.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:58 AM   #524
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson View Post
Sounds like a good dream. The nun got her prayer answered .

.... um... Lief, are you being ironic?

A possessed girl who climbs walls is not exactly a 'safe return'.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:06 AM   #525
Mari
Elf Lady

Thain, it wasn't creepy because I was very calm and just kinda floated through the dream in a detached emotional state. Actually I was happy with it, because I hardly ever dream
Tessar... that's scary man... very scary. What did you do?! (Could have used the interro-thingy here )

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:38 PM   #526
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Thain, it wasn't creepy because I was very calm and just kinda floated through the dream in a detached emotional state. Actually I was happy with it, because I hardly ever dream
I guess creepy wasn't really the right word. More like potentially scary because you were calm in your dream, therefore potentially scary.

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Old 04-05-2008, 11:42 AM   #527
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I had a really weird, and unpleasant, dream last night.

I dreamed that I met R*an in person, and we got into an argument. She got so angry during the argument that she said she never wanted to see or speak to me again!
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:28 AM   #528
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Oh dear. O.o

I had a very slightly similar dream the other night... In the dream, I had just walked out of a master class on singing. I started talking about the class with a group of people, and I got into a huge argument with one of my best friends about whether or not the teacher knew what she was talking about, and we ended up screaming at each other. O.o

I just woke up with one of those, "what the eff?" feelings after that dream.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:35 AM   #529
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson View Post
I had a really weird, and unpleasant, dream last night.

I dreamed that I met R*an in person, and we got into an argument. She got so angry during the argument that she said she never wanted to see or speak to me again!
I DID meet Rian in person; we didn't have heated argument, though.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:28 AM   #530
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

That's logical, of course. I don't think I've ever had an argument with her before. She's a wonderful and extremely kind friend . As I said, it was a very weird dream .

I think it reflects my fears of rejection and alienation, fears that have grown strong as my religious positions come to differ from those of everyone I know. Except a very small number of Catholics I've met who seem receptive to a good deal of my thinking. But I've had some extremely heated arguments with people very dear to me about religion, and these have hurt us all.

It's depressing. That's why I had the dream, I'm sure.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 04-06-2008 at 03:00 AM.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:04 PM   #531
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Herm. Wrong thread.

Last edited by Tessar : 04-06-2008 at 08:04 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Old 04-09-2008, 08:26 PM   #532
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

I had a dream where one of my friends walked up to me and MB, and he had identical tattoos on both of his shins. They were these eyes and then a curly mustache. I asked him what it was supposed to be, and he said that it was a tattoo of Zorro. I told him that it didn't look at all like him. Then he turned around, and on his calves was a tattoo of the back of "Zorro's" head and his body, except the head was really big and the body was tiny. O_o

Old 04-09-2008, 09:07 PM   #533
Nautipus
Kraken King

Haha. That made me laugh a little.

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Nautipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:36 AM   #534
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Yeah; quite a quirky dream.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:54 AM   #535
katya
Elven Maiden

The dream me was walking along a beach with a friend. I saw this smallish Gundam-style giant robot, and I noticed there was a guy piloting it too, using standard hand controls with levers and what-not, doing some construction project. "So," I thought, "you really can pilot a mech that way! I thought it'd be too clumsy without something like the system in Eva..."

Anyway, we watch him for a while, and then he came and sat down on a raft with us. He was vaguely similar to my RL boyfriend, but older and with big sunglasses and long-ish hair, and more friendly and laid back. It was pretty much love at first sight. We all talked on the raft for a while.

Later, maybe much later, we ended up going back to my house (where I lived with my parents, much older and different from my real parents) and a butler. I took him to my room, and closed the door (the butler noticed!), and I guess since there were no chairs or because I was in bed in real life, we climbed into bed. We were just laying there talking, but I was really excited. It felt like falling in love again. That was my favorite part.

Then before too long I half started to realize I was dreaming and it started to fall apart a little. I remember we had to run away, first it was just from my parents or something, then from something scarier. There were a couple other scenes too involving hanging out in a workshop but I won't go into it.

Anyway, it was a fun dream.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:30 PM   #536
katya
Elven Maiden

Just for fun, here's another version of the same dream. It's not supposed to be a complete story, just something to better explain the feeling. I think I felt something like this when I woke up.

Quote:
He was wearing sunglasses, stylish but practical. His hair was a little bit long and unkempt. He smiled.

She was young and innocent, in a flower pattern spring dress. Her hair was soft light brown.

She liked to watch him as he worked. He was a builder and a creator. He liked to work with his hands. She watched his hands and felt inexplicably lonely. She raised her gaze to his gentle face, and smiled.

She noticed something hanging in the window. She asked him what it was for, and he smiled as he told her. “Some of these things don't have a purpose, really. They're just for capturing dreams, is all. They're manifestations of something beautiful I felt.”

They found that they liked to hide out in her room.

The skin on his arm was smooth and warm. She blushed at the contact between her hand and his body. She nuzzled her face into her pillow a little bit, and closing her eyes, thought she might sleep.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:24 PM   #537
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

I had a dream about entmoot last night! I don't remember much, but that I was talking to Sas and Curu and Sis was mad at me for some reason...it was...odd...
And many miles be still to go,
But under a tree I will lie,
And let the clouds go sailing by.

twitter
shesabrandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:46 PM   #538
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

ROFL! What were we talking about, anyway?

~The Lay of Leithian
Curufin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #539
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

you are going to fall out of your chair when you read this..
Sas and I were talking, and he goes "you're hot" HAHAHA, I know..and I think you and I were just talking about random stuff and Sis was just all like "you're annoying" and things like that. It was very very strange
And many miles be still to go,
But under a tree I will lie,
And let the clouds go sailing by.

twitter
shesabrandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:26 PM   #540
The Sasquatch of Fangorn
The Co-president of Entmoot - The Half-Dwarven Guardian of the Ancient Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by shesabrandybuck View Post
you are going to fall out of your chair when you read this..
Sas and I were talking, and he goes "you're hot" HAHAHA, I know..and I think you and I were just talking about random stuff and Sis was just all like "you're annoying" and things like that. It was very very strange
Nice! I'm flattered that someon had a dream about me! I had a dream about entmoot too. All the mooters had a big get-together right down the road from me. I mean ALL the mooters. A big convention. So I was walking home and all of a sudden I see Link, Sis and Hector following me home. You guys basiclly just hung out at my house for what seemed to be only a few hours, but when we went outside it turned out to be 6 and a half years! How weird is that?!

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Thanks for breaking up the group Yoko!"- The reduced Shakespeare company.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.
Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,
And we'll watch our Eagles fly.

Fly Eagles fly on the road to victory.
The Sasquatch of Fangorn is offline   Reply With Quote