Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-06-2003, 11:31 PM   #21
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

A riderless horse burst through the trees. Rosie-Posie leapt just out of the way. 'Thats odd.' she thought to herself. She decided to go and tell someone. She saddled her pony, Bara, and rode to the city.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 08:11 PM   #22
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

"Excellent. I will send you now Morgon, seek out those who would battle our forces"

Drevra lost herself in thought and willed Morgon to be gone. When she again opened her eyes the room was deserted. She laughed, knowing her advisor would finish these people off soon enough.

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 08:46 PM   #23
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Morgon appeared in a small glade, that, as yet, hadn't been touched by the fire. Morgon raised a hand, whispered a word of Power, and threw a blazing fireball into a large oak tree. The tree burst into flame spectacularly. Morgon smiled, knowing that, soon, this small area would be completely covered in fire and ash. At this thought, he again whispered a word of Power, and cast a Fire Protection Spell on himself. He strode off, looking for something alive. Quite soon, he heard something crying. He turned left sharply, and, seated on the ground at the base of a fire-blackened tree, was a Man and five children. All the children screamed when they saw him. The Man made as if to get up, and Morgon immediately sent him back to the dungeons. The two oldest children he sent back as well. The remaining three, he put under his power. He made them walk in front of him, thinking that, perhaps, some of the women would come running out of hiding to grab the young children. In this way, he captured four women and two men. After the last woman, he sent back the two youngest children. Then, he cast a Levitation Spell on the child, and levitated the small boy upwards. He then cast a FarSight Spell, so that he could see through the child's eyes. He could see nothing, no more people in hiding, just dead bodys, burnt and blackened. Morgon let the child down, and sent him back with the others. My Mistress, my work is finished. Unless you have any further work for me, would you please bring me back to Your Tower? The Men that I found may prove very useful. With a small whoosh, Morgon disappeared.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:24 PM   #24
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Kalile crawled painfully from where she fell to the spot where the man had vanished. With her last remaining energy she marked the spot with just a hint of her magic so that she could find it later. After that, all the elf could do was crawl back into the undergrowth and pass out again.
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 12:17 AM   #25
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Rosie-Posie arrived at the gaurd door of the mirkwood city, the gaurd, Jasira, knew her well and allowed her to come in. "Jasira, did you see a horse come this way?" she ased her friend. "Yes, it was, Karin's horse, he dwells near fangorn and brings news of the forest to us. We don't know what happened to him." Jasira replied, seeming uncomfortable. "They are sending a search party in an hour." He said. "I want to go!" Rosie jumped up. "You?" Jasira said. "I have been looking for a bit of adventure!" She said. "Well, they are meeting at the gate in an hour!" Jasira said. "I'll be there!" said Rosie-Posie as she ran out the door and mounted her pony.

Old 10-08-2003, 05:56 PM   #26
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Fim paced about in the forest, "Where is Akai? I sent her off more than a day ago and she has yet to return! Maybe I should call Karin. He lives near some of the ents...yes perhaps he could do something." Suddenly the forest was echoing with the cry of Entwife and a horse began to appear in the distance riding toward her.

"Yes? May I help you Fim?" Karin asked.

"You may, my companions are lost or I fear they may be dead. What news do bring now. And once you have given me that ride out and find my companions."
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 08:42 PM   #27
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

"You have done exceedingly well." Drevra told Morgon, who was once again standing before her. He smiled wickedly, and she knew just by that that he had taken many people captive today.
"I wonder if I could accompany you to the dungeons and see your prisoners, when you choose to do so?" she asked him.

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 09:01 PM   #28
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Gulio raced after Ivy, both of them running from the flames that engulfed Fangorn. Such an old forest, all gone, Gulio thought fleetingly. Her mind abruptly turned back to the task at hand; running for her life.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 12:12 AM   #29
Kalile

After a very short time Kalile woke again, brimming with power from some outside source. She felt fully healed and rested, but knew that this power was a loan only, and that she had to find out what to do about it. The reason for the loan was obvious; Fangorn was on fire. The elf fought the wild exhileration that threatened to overwhelm her thought, brought on by enough power to literally create a small world.
She summoned rain. There was a storm to the east that wasn't needed, and she simply sped it up and tried to keep the moisture in without messing with nature too much, and let it fall until it was spent.

Well, in case that fire was set to trap me or another wizard, they know there's one here now! was her last conscious thought except for a thank you to Fangorn before the power was utterly spent and she collapsed, in full view, into a sprawling heap.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:30 AM   #30
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Rosie-Posie's pony, Bara, climbed to the top of the hill. What she saw brought pain to her heart. Fangorn was on fire, smoke poured into the sky, polluting every inch of air it touched. "Ai!" cried Jasira as he rode up behind her. "The forest!" he said, a tear rolling down his cheek. The small group rode towards the ruined fangorn.

Last edited by PippinTook : 10-10-2003 at 12:09 AM.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:51 PM   #31
Kalile

It's not flaming anymore.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:06 AM   #32
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Slowly Legoles crawled towards the smoldering remanis of hte forest. Only very few acres were left untouched.<Where is the one that stopped this fire?> she thought. She walked through the small space that remained of the old forest, but she suddenly stumbled on something hard. <A girl? Is she the one?> Legoles picked her up off hte fround, and she ran through the forest to get back to the entwife.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 12:16 AM   #33
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

ooc: ok, edited it. now its just ruined, not flaming.

ic: they rode down into the forest, or lack there of. They rode for a while, seeing no living thing. Then they heard voices ahead. Rosie-Posie trotted into a part of the remaining forest only to find two girls. "Oi, there!" She said to the girl, the only one that seemed conscious.

Old 10-10-2003, 06:36 PM   #34
Legoles

"Rosie? Still not a bit of hobbit sense, I see." She said smiling. Then on a harder note said," This girl stopped the flames, and needs immediate medical attention.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 10-10-2003, 07:12 PM   #35
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"Without my lack of hobbit sense, i don't believe I would ever had found you!" Rosie said, then looking at the girl. "Bless her heart! We brought an extra horse, hoping to find you here. You can bear her to Mirkwood, were there any other survivors?" asked Rosie

Old 10-10-2003, 07:55 PM   #36
Legoles

"I do not know... but bless your hobbit heart that you brought an extra horse." She clambered on and set hte girl in front of her. They rode of to Mirkwood.
*Later in Mirkwood*
"King Thranduril, your daughter is here and requests something."
"Send her in."
She burst in and explained what happened to the forest, and how it was stopped.
"Oh dear.... were you hurt?"
"No, but she was." she signaled for the others to come in and brought the girl to him.
"Send her to the medical wing. Immediately!"
<Whew! I'm releived.>

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 10-11-2003, 01:09 AM   #37
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Rosie-Posie tied Bara to a post and waited anxiously outside the medical wing. 'Oh, dear I hope she is alright!' she thought. She peeped her head throught the door, "Anything?" she asked. "No, and here will be no news if you continually poke your head through the door Mistress Hobbit!" Replied the elf inside. Rosie sat reluctantly on the floor, waiting for Legoles.

Old 10-11-2003, 01:58 AM   #38
Kalile

Kalile awoke in the wing of a hospital; she knew by the smells, familiar to her because of the amount of time she spent in them on her journeys. Her eyes and face were bandaged, and the burns on her hands were wrapped in special gloves.
"Where is this?" she rasped just before the pain kicked in and she moaned slightly. Her throat was blistered too, for she had spoken words full of power far too strong for her.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:16 AM   #39
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Rosie heard a murmur of excitment coming from inside the wing, she couldn't take it anymore! She opened the door and stepped inside. She went to the bed that the girl was laying in. "Oh, good! You are awake!" she said, happiness spread over her face. "You are in the medical ward of the city of Mirkwood. (is there a name for that city) My friend Legoles rescued you from the forest, which you saved, thank-you!" Rosie said. "Oh, now here i go forgetting my manners in all this excitment! I am Rosie-Posie Loamsdown of Deephallow in the shire, but I have been living here for a number of years."

Old 10-11-2003, 03:35 PM   #40
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
"Please tell me where is Akai? I sent her to look for my other companions." Fim asked Karin.

"I do beleive she was last seen in Fangorn or at least a girl was. At any rate, there is someone in Mirkwood who knows something of this fire, because she stopped it. I suggest you go there and I will ride out to find your other friends. Maybe Akai will be in Mirkwood, maybe she won't I caannot say for sure." With that Karin galloped off.

Later in Mirkwood:

"Listen do hear that?" Rosie shouted. "Off in the distance, it sounds like an Ent calling for someone."

"Yes I hear it. Perhaps we should welcome him or her when he or she gots her." Jasira suggested.

"Well at least I know one Ent made it out." Kalile said rather painfully.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote