Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-15-2003, 03:15 PM   #21
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Go right ahead.

For the moment though, I think that we have enough players. If we take anyone else at the beginning then it'll be difficult to introduce them all without losing the thread.

Arat-Falathion - Turgin Boulderhead, Battlerager
Estel13 - Trigoniastaelinia (Trin), Assassin
Halbarad - Brannawen, Dark Dunedain
XK - Isis Kara, Wood Elf "Free Assassin" (ie. She is an outlaw from the guild of assassins.)
Arcala - Raven the magician
Nariel - Seri the Sylph
Gulio - Sarkas Sadda, Dark Elf Mercenary
Aewionen - Alaith, Human, Hunter/tracker
Eärniel - Alethea, Human, Witch
Legoles - Kalin, Human, Scout

Does anyone think we should somehow form two groups? Maybe rival groups? Or perhaps just keep the one large group who have been brought together to kill some demon as was my original thought that is yet to be developed.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 09-16-2003 at 06:16 AM.
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 03:40 PM   #22
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Hmm... As I just joined today I am not to come here and try to influent it all greedily but...

I think a "demon" fight is slightly unoriginal and boring , I'd rather be in there and fight something I, as a player, am not sure what is. Hmm... but then again, I go with whatever storyline you're plotting out for us!

I agree that not all would need to start out in the same place. If everyone wake up in this dark place, all entrances would become slightly boring I think If I may I'd like to delay my entrance a little and try to give it a different aproach I kind of like those
Old 09-15-2003, 03:53 PM   #23
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by Arat-Falathion
[B]Hmm... As I just joined today I am not to come here and try to influent it all greedily but...
Your opinion is valid as any and I appreciate feedback and ideas.

Quote:
I think a "demon" fight is slightly unoriginal and boring , I'd rather be in there and fight something I, as a player, am not sure what is. Hmm... but then again, I go with whatever storyline you're plotting out for us!
That is true. Damned influencing factors...

Anyway, would it make it more interesting if I were to say I already had a reason for us being there and killing this something? Maybe it isn't a demon, you are correct that we don't need to know. To give a hint of what is to come I will say my influence for this RPG comes from Japanese myth, and so involves essences of elements, and soul searching. Of course, I don't know if anyone else would be interested in exploring that sort of thing as an RPG, so we can see where this takes us.

Quote:
I agree that not all would need to start out in the same place. If everyone wake up in this dark place, all entrances would become slightly boring I think If I may I'd like to delay my entrance a little and try to give it a different aproach I kind of like those
This dark place, as I planned it to be: it is a plane of existance entirely of its own. It is not all the same therein, but is an amalgamation (sp?) of the memories of those brought there. I suppose I should've told everyone that but I was unsure what to reveal and what not to. Anyhow, everyone must awaken or otherwise find their way into this dark place, but not know how they got there. You can get in there and be in a monastry or in a wooded area or whatever, but initially it needs to be dark I made that bold so people will read it. Is that a good idea?

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 09-15-2003, 04:31 PM   #24
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK
[B] To give a hint of what is to come I will say my influence for this RPG comes from Japanese myth, and so involves essences of elements, and soul searching. Of course, I don't know if anyone else would be interested in exploring that sort of thing as an RPG, so we can see where this takes us.
I think it'd be interesting if we need to puzzle together our reason for being in that dark place and what we need to do to get out. So it's perhaps best if you don't give away to many details so soon.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:02 PM   #25
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Well, I think that we should just kinda bump into each other one by one, and...Just take it from there, I guess.
My posting speed will be nothing special, school, ya know?
Old 09-16-2003, 06:15 AM   #26
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
I think it'd be interesting if we need to puzzle together our reason for being in that dark place and what we need to do to get out. So it's perhaps best if you don't give away to many details so soon.
Okay, I'll keep that reason to myself for now then. I hope it surprises you all when you find out why we're there. Mwah.

And thanks for editing Estel. I decided to edit my character to outlaw assassin, in that she broke the guild rules, so maybe our characters have already met?

I was wondering about possibilities of characters already meeting or having a certain disposition towards each other because of profession or whatever.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 09-16-2003, 02:15 PM   #27
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

With that "another plane of excistance" theory, I found that idea a lot more interesting... so there I made my entrance
Old 09-16-2003, 04:11 PM   #28
Elfmaster XK

Well am glad that has attracted interest. Perhaps my initial word choice of "cave" was me being bad at expressing what I meant, because the whole of this place is not a cave, per se.

Oh and I am liking everyone's entrances so far Nice work.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 09-16-2003, 04:24 PM   #29
Earniel

Quote:
Okay, I'll keep that reason to myself for now then. I hope it surprises you all when you find out why we're there. Mwah.
I like surprises. Drop us a hint in the game from time to time so we can discover the reason.

Quote:
Perhaps my initial word choice of "cave" was me being bad at expressing what I meant, because the whole of this place is not a cave, per se.

It doesn't necesarily have to be only caves. The characters are sure to move from one place to another, maybe some regions can be caves, maybe others can resemble small man-made corridors and yet others can be Ã* la Moria. That would be some impressive maze. Maybe the more decorated and chiseled corridors we find, the closer we come to finding the solution. Just thinking out loud here.

Arat, I love your entrance.

"Mithril ore I crrrrrraft on meh, erhm, table,
make it miiightily strooooooong!
Fine, fine shields and mighty, hungh, weapons,
shall I forge in me haaaaaaal!"

Lovely! Neh neh neh.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:20 PM   #30
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Haha Great that you liked it Earniel

Oh... and about this cave thing... as it is another plane of excistance it could be anything in there. Perhaps somewhere it holds a great undercity of some ancient evil race? Also, since this is another plane, what creatures we'll run into could be slightly more origianl than just the normal "orc". Perhaps there are orcs, but another kind of orc? ...bah, I know not
Old 09-17-2003, 03:37 PM   #31
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Hmmm... I somehow would like it if not everyone formed 1 group at this time. If we were in 2 different places, and went out to investigate in 2 groups in the beginning... it could be interested to see how a sudden meeting between the two groups would work after striding in this dark place for a few days
Old 09-17-2003, 03:44 PM   #32
Elfmaster XK

Yep, you got it Arat. This place is, like I said, er...different. What I am hoping is that we will all begin in the same place, yes. Where it's a nasty cave. But we'll soon find there are underground cities as you call them. And there are ways out of the cave. But you have to face the sentries to escape There will be forests and oceans and lakes and stuff too. But these places are all places our characters know. Or recognise at least. Sometimes they will only recognise a part of a place, or find they know it, but it has changed somehow. This is difficult to explain. Hmm.

As for creatures there is going to be one important one in there that when is introduced no one must kill! Am toying with giving one of you players this character and their reason for being here so someone else will introduce that plot device. But all other creatures can be of any race. Orcs, sure. I reckon there will be something called a "blackwing" making an appearance sometime soon. Then there are the Ice Orcs. Basically, anything you might like to fight you can put in this world. There are no restrictions on that. All I can say is be imaginitive

And lastly...watchout for the blackwings, they ain't pleasant.

***EDIT****

And I think the same. So what do we say to this groupings:

[1]
Estel13 - Trigoniastaelinia (Trin), Assassin
Eärniel - Alethea, Human, Witch
XK - Isis Kara, Wood Elf "Free Assassin" (ie. She is an outlaw from the guild of assassins.)
Arcala - Raven the magician
Aewionen - Alaith, Human, Hunter/tracker

[2]
Halbarad - Brannawen, Dark Dunedain
Arat-Falathion - Turgin Boulderhead, Battlerager
Nariel - Seri the Sylph
Gulio - Sarkas Sadda, Dark Elf Mercenary
Legoles - Kalin, Human, Scout

Is that alright with everyone?

If so that means I just flew threw a wall at you, Eärniel. Hopefully didn't ruin the stuck up witch's robe

I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 09-17-2003 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:56 PM   #33
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Oh, and Gulio, remember now that you are a darkelf, and I am a dwarf... if I recognize you for who you are, it wouldn't be good... Oh, and if you make me recognize you, then please try to leave my reaction open... my character's behaviour is slightly different from most of what has been seen before...
Old 09-17-2003, 04:00 PM   #34
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Ah, an edit!

Haha... those groups sounds interesting... Dark Dunedan and darkelf in me group... how am I to react to that? Not to speak of the tiny Sylph, what good could such a little thing do to our prevail? And the the human sneaker/scout, what respect could a dwarf give to anyone not facing open battle fairly?

interesting indeed
Old 09-17-2003, 04:16 PM   #35
Earniel

Quote:
Yep, you got it Arat. This place is, like I said, er...different. What I am hoping is that we will all begin in the same place, yes. Where it's a nasty cave. But we'll soon find there are underground cities as you call them. And there are ways out of the cave. But you have to face the sentries to escape There will be forests and oceans and lakes and stuff too. But these places are all places our characters know. Or recognise at least. Sometimes they will only recognise a part of a place, or find they know it, but it has changed somehow. This is difficult to explain. Hmm.

Mmm, sounds like an interesting place for some sightseeing. That is if we ever manage to get rid of the darkness and see it.

Quote:
Is that alright with everyone?

If so that means I just flew threw a wall at you, Eärniel. Hopefully didn't ruin the stuck up witch's robe
The group's okay with me. And I'm sure tha... wha-what? You threw a WALL at me?!

*quickly hops over to game thread to read*

I was behind that wall? You did! You threw a wall at me! Assassins these days.... no manners.

EDIT: Oh, a witch and a magician in one group. I wonder whether that's going to create some profesional squabbles.
Old 09-17-2003, 04:25 PM   #36
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by Arat-Falathion
Ah, an edit!

Haha... those groups sounds interesting... Dark Dunedan and darkelf in me group... how am I to react to that? Not to speak of the tiny Sylph, what good could such a little thing do to our prevail? And the the human sneaker/scout, what respect could a dwarf give to anyone not facing open battle fairly?

interesting indeed
Well, this could indeed cause a lot of conflict. Or forced relationships. But I muaha! I am the master of conflict! You have pretty much analysed your group. But look at mine: An assassin and an outlawed assassin. She'll know me, and we likely won't get on so well. The witch and the magician, who both have different areas of expertise. Amongst mages it is well known that those of different schools of magic are often rivals. Then there is the hunter and tracker. She seems like a friendly character on the whole, and so may be getting on with everyone. But trackers are often hired to find people. Outlaw won't like that. So yes...I couldn't have put together two more unlikely groups really

If you think that this won't work, or that we should perhaps swap a few round or something then we'll have to do it quick.

Quote:
The group's okay with me. And I'm sure tha... wha-what? You threw a WALL at me?!

*quickly hops over to game thread to read*

I was behind that wall? You did! You threw a wall at me! Assassins these days.... no manners.
Oops. That should've read 'through'. But in fact, take away the 'flew' and yes, I threw the wall at you

I apologise, but I am a rogue assassin after all. *makes mental note:no one...appreciates having...walls thrown at them..*

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 09-17-2003, 04:35 PM   #37
Earniel

Mmm... now I'm debating whether I'm going to let Alethea get hit by the wall or part of it and be in a very pissed mood or let her just be very wary of things that come crashing through walls behind her. Will decide tomorrow, need to get some sleep. First day of school tomorrow. Fne.

I just realised I'm between two deadly assassins who might not even like each other or me at all.... ... oooh this is going to get interesting to say the least.
Old 09-17-2003, 07:10 PM   #38
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
hey, arat, watch it, or I might have to teach you a thing or two...

of, GM, where art thou? Hey... am I stuck in my tiny size or can I change size like a naiad?

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 01:43 AM   #39
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Hmm...this is going to be VERY interesting. *Evil Smiley*

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 06:27 AM   #40
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
Mmm... now I'm debating whether I'm going to let Alethea get hit by the wall or part of it and be in a very pissed mood or let her just be very wary of things that come crashing through walls behind her. Will decide tomorrow, need to get some sleep. First day of school tomorrow. Fne.

I just realised I'm between two deadly assassins who might not even like each other or me at all.... ... oooh this is going to get interesting to say the least.
Good luck with the first day. My first day at Uni is on Monday. Which reminds me: I will be moving into Uni accomodation over the weekend, and so have to set up my access to the internet. I don't know how long that will take, but I might not be online this weekend or the following week. Depends how it all works out.

Anyhow, as long as you aren't trying to kill Isis, she'll be alright with you. She's quite bad tempered sometimes, but she is used to being alone what with being on the run.

Quote:
Hey... am I stuck in my tiny size or can I change size like a naiad?
That is your call as Seri is your character now. But given she is a being of fire, she probably can change a bit. Fire is very changeable.

Quote:
Hmm...this is going to be VERY interesting. *Evil Smiley*
I agree. I loved this: "Filthy evil minion of darkness." If that doesn't say fanatical I don't know what does.

I can fly - my friends.

XK