Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-13-2003, 04:55 PM   #21
Lubyla
Princess Lubyla Greenleaf of the Stars

Location: Sitting in a quiet forest, looking at the darkness and the stars...
I whistled for a horse. Rainstorm. She was chestnut brown with a few white spots. I brought her upon the horse, then her brother. "Illali, watch over, I shall be back." The panther nodded as I sent their horse out with the others, and mounted Rain behind them, bringing them to the king.

``````````````````````````````
It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter
`````````````````````````````
Lubyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 05:47 PM   #22
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Location: Anywhere as long as there is a library in a one mile radius of here
"Look it's Starletta!" I nudged Deore. "She's got a girl on that horse."

"From one of the outlying villages by her looks"

ooc: Kay time for a question. Do we wanna go straight to Helm's deep or ride out like in the books. And I can speak for Theoden or you guys can puppet him how you want.

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
War on The Unborn=35,000,000 dead and counting
Aralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:03 PM   #23
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: well... I am already half way there, so maybe i could catch you guys on the way riding out.

OOC2: Damn! I need a horse badly if i am to be able to keep up! I think I will go edit my profile a bit!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:32 PM   #24
Aralyn
FloraAzul

sure

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
Old 04-14-2003, 01:13 PM   #25
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider sorry...

I could not stay online that long. So I could not answer to any rpgs.
But here goes.

ic: I stirred the batter of the onuion bread waiting for my father to return with my horse who had to be checked by the doctor. I cried out in happiness when I heard hoof beats coming near the old shck that was our ho9me. But when I got outside instead of my father leading Cliff there were four men riding horses towards the king Theoden's castle. My head drooped causing my golden hair to finally come out of its brade and into my face.
I wonder who they are. I thought to muself.
Our stupid king so far has done nothing of the growing threat of orcs from Mordor or Isengard. But these four were odd looking traveling together. A man, and elf, a dwarf and a Wizard?
I recognized Gandalf at once and knew there would be some bad news on its way. I smelt something burning then remembered my bread and rushed twoards the fire to find it burning. I grabbed bruning my hands and threw it out the window to the clucking chickens and pigs.
I decided to see who the visiters were and find out what news we were to NOT here of that might protect us.
I never liked having a king and decided along time agao to Leave Rohan and take Cliff with me to find the free lands of Bree or Gondor were their king had not come back yet and may never. Though they still wisper of an hier returining to his thrown. I thought secretly that he would never. I pulled my matted hair back into a braid once more and swumg washed my face with a hot rag. I peered into the mirror and knew they would think me a maiden if not for my clothing.
Oh well" I said tomyself and dashed out side pursuing the four men. I reached the castle to find them already inside and pressed my ear against the cold door.
I could hear nothing and did not wish to be caught by a guard so I waited sitting next to a tree standing outside of the castle or white hall as they called it.
after awhile the king came out followed by The wizard and the others who were in the room. The king had kicked the old wormtongue out onto the steps in digust. i agred with the king this time and stuck out my tongue at the quivering lump. Though he could not see me.
Old 04-14-2003, 04:20 PM   #26
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
The Evil One

Oh dear! I think someone just died. Oh yeah, it was an ork!
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 05:20 PM   #27
Aralyn
FloraAzul

ooc:I'm gonna make it so the king decides we go straight to Helm's Deep.

ic:
I caught up with Starletta, "Deore take care of this child's horse and see it has no injuries, and Starletta do you know her?" I asked breathlessly.

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
Old 04-14-2003, 07:22 PM   #28
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
I woke up to hear my brother talking to the King. He would have to listen to us.

"I'm hungery."
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Fred Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 07:30 PM   #29
Lubyla

"Good, you are awake, what is your name child? Then you should have some food." We stood in the hall of the king. I kneeled looking at her. I pulled out a small cake of bread. "This may tide you for a little." And handed it to her.

Old 04-14-2003, 07:37 PM   #30
Aralyn
FloraAzul

"Do you want me to get King Theoden?" I said.
(i know you have your brother already talking to him but he's currently outside with Gandalf.)

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead

Last edited by Aralyn : 04-14-2003 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:42 PM   #31
Fred Baggins

"Freida," I said the same time my brother said, "We can give him some information concerning a part of the land, and the orcs."
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 04-14-2003, 08:29 PM   #32
Aralyn
FloraAzul

ic:
I bit by lip in thought, "I'll see if I can get the king to come in. With Gandalf here he seems in a much better mood."

I left Starletta feeding the two children and hurried out to where Gandalf was talking. I edged closer until he noticed me.

Theoden frowned slightly then said, "Yes, child what is it?"

"A girl and her brother from one of the outlying villages. It seems there was a raid by orcs. She wishes to speak with you."

Aragorn cut in, "It would be wise to see what your subjects think."

"Lead us to her then"

When we arrived, the girl Frieda was sitting nervously next to her brother.

"Speak," I told her quietly, "Tell the king what has happened."

ooc: Doesn't the boy (your brother, Fred) have a name already? It seems it was said in the movie. I'll check it out.

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
Old 04-14-2003, 10:18 PM   #33
Fred Baggins

ooc: Yes, I'm just to lazy to try to remember it.

ic: "Um..." I replied a bit speechless. I had never seen the King before and only heard of him. I felt the butterflies fluttering in my stomache. Luckly my brother didn't seem so nervous.

"Our village was attacked this morning, Sir, and mum told us to come here as fast as we could-"

"On Papa's horse too! We're not supposed to ride his horse while he's fighting, but mama said we had to be fast."

"Yes, Freida. An' Sir it's real bad there. Mum said we where to tell you that this wasn't the first raid in our area, just in our village. The orcs have been lurking around for months, raidin' and stuff."

Shyly I spoke up again. "I thought they where just stories that Old Kali told to scare us, an' I didn't think orcs exhisted. But they do Sir, and their frightening. An Mum's still there. Do you think she's ok?" Brother tousled my hair lightly. I knew it was his way of being frightened himself. He always tried to be brave when he was scared.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 04-15-2003, 11:49 AM   #34
Aralyn
FloraAzul

I grew angry as Frieda finished her recitation of what had happened.

"Surely you must do something. These people-"

The King cut me off, "I must do what I think is best. We will make ready to leave for Helm's Deep."

Gandalf sighed, "An ill descision I fear but so be it."

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
Old 04-15-2003, 05:49 PM   #35
Lubyla

"Your horses are at your call." I said to the king.

"Than get them here!"

"Right sir." I turned to the two. "I leave you in the care of the king and his servents. If you should need, look for me, Starletta." With that I turned and walked out. As I reached home, having Rain bring the other horses to the king, but leaving the children's, I entered the house, where sat Illali.

'What is the news?'

"We leave for Helm's Deep. I shall meet you there, for I fear that it would be awkward to have you walk with the rest."

Illali nodded and left.

I quickly put together a pack of necesities.(sp) and gathered my bow. My sword hung at my side as always. Entering the dimmly lit room I slept in, I picked up a quiver of blood red arrows. Both the bow and the arrows had been gifts from a dear friend, who I lost contact with some time ago.

Old 04-15-2003, 06:47 PM   #36
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic:I found out that a war was to be taking place as the villagers moved to a safer place away from the oncoming danger.
I ran home to find my father back leading my gray companion Cliff into the barn and started to hand me a brush. My father had also heard of the war and he was a supporter of the king and hated my opinion of rebillion against the king.
"Meeko, we are to go to war and all lads are to join the kings army." He said swiftly and sternly as though saying that I had no choice on the subject.
The only reason I would actually go to war was to protect those who wish for a peaceful life. I nodded in sorrow and in disgust of who I would be serving under.
My father told me to go inside and fetch his weapons and he would get me some armor. I did not like war I rather have a nice pot of stew sizzeling waiting for my special reciepy(sp). (Everyone loves my stew)
My father was waiting when I return with my mother and sister next to him. he was hugging them goodbye and I was to follow him to where the king had summond the warriors. I was nervous but determined(sp).
We led our two horses (my father has a horse named Hanger) and we came opone the place were everyone alse had arrived. I at once saw the three men standing next to the king and I accidently shouted out in pain when one of the boys decided to play rough with me. (the boys like to tease me for my odd interest) they had tackeled me to the ground then laughed as I had to get up from out of the mud and growled. My father only looked at me with dissapointment and turned away as though ignoring my stupidity. (Or he was ashamed) He had always been ashamed of me and always acted as though I was not of his familly.
I got up and led Cliff away who had been my only friend.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:43 PM   #37
Fred Baggins

When we where left in the room with no one but Aralyn, I tugged on her sleeve.

"What about Mum?" Brother pulled me aside, and sat me down. "Frieda, when we left mum said to come straight here. She said that we where to stay where it's safe and not to worry about her. You'll do that for her won't you?"
"I can't. I wanna be with her."
Brother sighed, and hung his head. After a minuet he looked me in the eye. "We might not see mother again. But if that happens we have to be strong for her. She won't want to find out that we weren't strong."

"Ok." I said whiping the tears from my eyes. "I'll try...for mum."
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 04-16-2003, 10:40 AM   #38
Aralyn
FloraAzul

I sat next to Frieda and her brother. (give him some name or something) and said calmly, "Don't worry, The king will send out men to help the villages. I'm sure you'll meet up with her at Helm's Deep."

Deore had run off to ready his horse to ride out.

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
Old 04-16-2003, 06:07 PM   #39
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Hurry up you guys!

IC:

I had secretly stopped at the outskirst of a town and had stolen some mens clothing and bandages for myself and was gone before anything was missed. I was not too far from Helms Deep when I saw a contingencey of men on horses. I was glad I traded my old Sauron garments for these native clothes, only my skin and my "accent" kept me apart from these people.
I rode to them useing a bandage as my white flag, they surrounded me and commanded me to speak, after a heart pounding session of questions they took me and tied me to my saddle and bound my hands and made me ride in the middle, I was off to helms deep.
Apperantly the whole population was going to head there. I new that there was where we were supposed to attack. I decided to try and talk to warn them about it. The riders I am with tell me to save it for the King. I must talk to someone about this, I slip my hands free making it look like i was still bound. I have got to warn these people.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 07:38 PM   #40
Aralyn
FloraAzul

ooc: On our way now!
ic:Soon the whole city was ready to make for Helm's Deep. Some rode, but most walked. I couldn't help thinking this was a mistake.

Deore rode up ahead of me with the other men. We halted for a moment and then started. I wondered what was happening so I turned to Frieda (on her horse) and said, "I'll be back. Stay close to the others."
She nodded and I ran ahead the slow moving procession.

"Deore? Wait Deore!"

He turned and left the circle of men. I hoisted myself up behind him on Liena.

"What is happening? Why did we stop?"

Deore scowled, "An Easterling. He wants to talk with the King."

"Bring us closer, Liena" I spoke.

We rode close enough that we could see the man on his horse. His hands were bound and he had a worried(?) look on his face.
I wondered at him but started turn Liena away when I noticed something. My brown hair flicked in my face as I laughed, "Deore, see he's not tied anymore. Shh don't say anything!"

I met the man's gaxe and determindly rode over to him.

"Don't Ari!" Deore commanded.

I ignored him and said, "Sir, what are the likes of you doing in Rohan?"

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead