Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-30-2006, 11:04 AM   #21
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

Say thank you

OMG-it's alive I tell you!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ6zr...ena%20williams

Ecclesiasticus 2:1-5
1 My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation...
...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
The Telcontarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:04 PM   #22
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

I am such a man I know, but as sir mix alot says, "I like big butt's and cannot lie..."

...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
Old 08-03-2006, 07:17 AM   #23
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Just won tickets to the Nordic Light Open, a women's event in Stockholm
No really famous players will participate though, except maybe French Open winner Anastasia Myskina.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:09 PM   #24
The Telcontarion

Anastasia Myskina is cool. I would love to see her play.

Old 08-07-2006, 12:55 AM   #25
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Maria Sharapova. I'm afraid she's replaced Anna Kournikova.

I'm afraid I don't really follow tennis, but I do like it more now that I've taken it as a class in college. However, I do like Nadal.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:15 AM   #26
truthiscool
Enting

Tennis is ok its not the worst sport but its not the best.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:40 PM   #27
The Telcontarion

The next Serena Williams:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...erena+williams

Old 08-16-2006, 10:50 AM   #28
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

It seems that the better players are coming from former Soviet States. Perhaps they've done without for so long that they try harder....at any rate, they are a joy to watch.
Old 10-14-2006, 03:59 PM   #29
Jonathan

I'm going to the Stockholm Open finals tomorrow. Last year's winner James Blake will try to defend his title against Finland's Jarkko Nieminen. Blake must be considered the favourite to win the match.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:06 PM   #30
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Ah, the passage of time is evident

My favorites were (and still are)

Jimmy Connors
John Mac Enroe - who inspired me to take up the game
Chris Everett

I am not responsible for spelling errors made this date

I've no fav's in todays skimpy tennis wear, hiney showing, boob bouncing, commercially motiviated game
Old 10-14-2006, 04:18 PM   #31
Jonathan

McEnroe amazing. This year at age an age of 47, McEnroe came back from retirement and played in the doubles tournament in San José with Jonas Björkman. And won! There's still some energy in that old man and it's impressive he can still win titles at his age - 16 years after he last won a title. (although he did team up with one of the world's best doubles players )

McEnroe and Björkman made an appearance at the ongoing Stockholm Open doubles tournament but unfortunately they lost in their second match. I would have loved to see him in the final tomorrow.

Last edited by Jonathan : 10-14-2006 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:25 PM   #32
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Try to catch one of their matches on tape.....someone somewhere must have them.....pure genius and "lightening in a bottle".
Old 12-01-2006, 04:51 PM   #33
Jonathan

I was at an even the other day where I got to see lots of Swedish tennis stars. I think I counted six Grand Slam winners, including Borg, Edberg and Wilander. Twas much fun!
Old 12-03-2006, 12:14 PM   #34
Jonathan

Russia just won the Davis Cup over Argentina, 3-2!

I followed the fifth and decisive match between Marat Safin and José Acasuso on the radio and boy, was it an exciting game! Safin won in the tiebreak of the 4th set, giving Russia the victory.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #35
Jonathan

World no. 1 Justine Henin retires.

In my mind few athletes have a more sportsmanlike attitude than Justine. I'll miss watching her play.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:59 PM   #36
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

I think my favorite player is Lleyton Hewitt. He just always passionate when he plays, and that counts for a fan like me And the Greek Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis, runner-up in Australian Open 2007, defeated by Federer in a tight, tight game He's a new guy on the block and I like his play, very stylish sometimes.
Coffeehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:30 AM   #37
Jonathan

No, that was in 2006. It was especially impressive since he was a "new guy on the block" back then but I consider Baghdatis quite established on the tour now
Old 05-15-2008, 03:04 AM   #38
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
No, that was in 2006. It was especially impressive since he was a "new guy on the block" back then but I consider Baghdatis quite established on the tour now
Ah yeah, time flies!
Coffeehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:15 AM   #39
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Anna Kournikova used to be my FAV! For obvious reasons!
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:43 AM   #40
Jonathan

What's up with Kim Clijsters? The former world n 1 had a baby, quit, then returned to tennis, played two tournaments this year until she entered and won the US open! Now that's a pretty heavy comeback! And she's like the third mother ever to win a Grand Slam.

Interestingly she wasn't even the only high-performing Belgian. The world n 50 or so managed to get as far as the seminifals.